Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,773 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:23 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1154148 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by nlandgrandfada(m): 8:12am On Jun 23, 2020
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kunleraji(m): 8:55am On Jun 23, 2020
Hello,
Good morning everybody,
Please who here has used my bank statement for his/her application and how does it work?, also how do I attach the ticket to my application?

also I own a few shares but i’m not the one sponsoring myself,does it make sense to add the shares certificates as a part of my application ?and if yes,is it under client information or proof of funds?

lastly,If I add an employment letter,must I also add my salary account statement?,because where I work is a family company so I don’t receive a salary,just allowance from my parents

please gurus here,help me
It will end in Praise.
God bless us all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ajikaz2003(m): 9:01am On Jun 23, 2020
Cc: @Frankrobbn1, @JustMellow, @mcobex, @Naijaforeigner, et all

Please, does anyone here know of someone schooling in University of Saskatchewan or based in Saskatoon who can help me physically follow up on my admission?

I applied to University of Saskatchewan's May 2021 intake of Master of Professional Accounting (MPAcc) program since February 27, 2020 and my admission status in PAWS has been 'Complete ready for review' since March 4, 2020. I have sent my CPA transcript assessment to the MPAcc business office by email, but they hardly respond to emails.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Bestvibe2020: 9:27am On Jun 23, 2020
Good morning house, please is there any hope that VACs will open before fall session in nigeria
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:40am On Jun 23, 2020
Bestvibe2020:
Good morning house, please is there any hope that VACs will open before fall session in nigeria
Hopefully they should open first or second week of July

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by aliadi2: 10:24am On Jun 23, 2020
Miide2:

It’s been 15 weeks for me
15!

Hello Middle2

They have not sent medical request or you did it upfront
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by owolabia: 10:48am On Jun 23, 2020
BiggestAmaju:
12th week today since I submitted my online SP application. I hope the delay is for good.

They are withholding some paper applications too since February

I don't know maybe some paper applications now seeing decisions but some online applications getting decision without 5weeks.

God knows everything.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by aliadi2: 11:05am On Jun 23, 2020
owolabia:

They are withholding some paper applications too since February

I don't know maybe some paper applications now seeing decisions but some online applications getting decision without 5weeks.

God knows everything.

Thought paper application cant receive decision until VAC is open again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Yads97: 11:08am On Jun 23, 2020
Miide2:

It’s been 15 weeks for me
15!

Wow 15 weeks?? There is someone here who applied online last month and got refused exactly 3 weeks later. There’s another who applied last month too and got BVL early this month. Don’t really know why you guys haven’t even gotten any update at least on your applications since applying. I sincerely pray it’s for the greater good.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sirromey(m): 1:00pm On Jun 23, 2020
Yads97:

Wow 15 weeks?? There is someone here who applied online last month and got refused exactly 3 weeks later. There’s another who applied last month too and got BVL early this month. Don’t really know why you guys haven’t even gotten any update at least on your applications since applying. I sincerely pray it’s for the greater good.
I guess his is paper like mine . mine is in the 13th week now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 1:15pm On Jun 23, 2020
For those still waiting on a decision on their apps, you all need to chill and be patient. Everybody is affected even my guys that have gotten medical request and done it have been waiting since April and all are online applicants. So we all should be patient and keep safe. You can check the site for info on the status of vfs global reopening below.

https://www.vfsglobal.com/en/individuals/covid-19-customer-advisories.html

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by BiggestAmaju: 1:45pm On Jun 23, 2020
12th week with upfront medical; biometric still active from my previous application.

Hello Middle2

They have not sent medical request or you did it upfront[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kunleraji(m): 2:15pm On Jun 23, 2020
Kunleraji:
Hello,
Good morning everybody,
Please who here has used my bank statement for his/her application and how does it work?, also how do I attach the ticket to my application?

also I own a few shares but i’m not the one sponsoring myself,does it make sense to add the shares certificates as a part of my application ?and if yes,is it under client information or proof of funds?

lastly,If I add an employment letter,must I also add my salary account statement?,because where I work is a family company so I don’t receive a salary,just allowance from my parents

please gurus here,help me
It will end in Praise.
God bless us all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kunleraji(m): 2:15pm On Jun 23, 2020
[quote author=Kunleraji post=90984349][/quote]

Hello,Please help me
God bless us all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Blema111: 2:24pm On Jun 23, 2020
ajikaz2003:
Cc: @Frankrobbn1, @JustMellow, @mcobex, @Naijaforeigner, et all

Please, does anyone here know of someone schooling in University of Saskatchewan or based in Saskatoon who can help me physically follow up on my admission?

I applied to University of Saskatchewan's May 2021 intake of Master of Professional Accounting (MPAcc) program since February 27, 2020 and my admission status in PAWS has been 'Complete ready for review' since March 4, 2020. I have sent my CPA transcript assessment to the MPAcc business office by email, but they hardly respond to emails.

Thank you.
No one can physically follow up on an admission as schools are also operating remotely. The best bet is to send a mail to the grad school of your faculty asking for an update on your application. They most likely would have made a decision on it by now.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Yads97: 2:33pm On Jun 23, 2020
Anon123:
For those still waiting on a decision on their apps, you all need to chill and be patient. Everybody is affected even my guys that have gotten medical request and done it have been waiting since April and all are online applicants. So we all should be patient and keep safe. You can check the site for info on the status of vfs global reopening below.

https://www.vfsglobal.com/en/individuals/covid-19-customer-advisories.html

Yeah I have to agree with you. And the delay isn’t affecting just Nigerians. I’m in a Pakistani and Indian forum as well and they all have been waiting also. I’m just confused as to why some people who applied last month were sorted out. But in all, we just have to be patient.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dommakavelli: 3:39pm On Jun 23, 2020
Is your student visa still valid?

Ymc007:
Hi guys,
My case is quite peculiar. To think i gave my testimony in part 11 but i couldn't travel to school anymore because of a major issue. Now i am starting the process all over again. Please i need your valuable advice on these.
1. I was granted a student study visa in 2016 but i couldn't go, i also did not know that i was supposed to inform IRCC that i will not be able to make it. will this affect my new student visa application since they most likely will have all this info on record?
2. Should i mention it in my LOP during my new study visa application, that i was once granted a study visa and explain the reason i couldn't go?
3. can i send a message to IRCC now to explain before i begin the whole process of applying for a visa?
i will appreciate your response(s). Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Crystalheart: 3:47pm On Jun 23, 2020
Thanks for your response..

I will consider registering with CAC..

But in case getting prove difficult, does 3 month transaction statements fall in the bolded category?

JustMellow:

Hello Crystalheart,

A business size is of no principal interest to IRCC and the VO are required to assess applications on if all the requirements are met and if meeting such requirements will outweigh the source of funds.

For an easily verifiable and well-substantiated evidence, the CAC document holds much esteemed recognition per se. It can't raise no other colour of flag including the red colour, even if its recently registered. There are other options of showing the most applicable like the Business Receipts/Customer Transactions, Contracts, Revenue Payment, Income Tax Clearance/Certificate et al.

In the foregoing, to be able to lay a proper claim of being attached to the mother root, the importance to include tangible documentations cannot be overemphasized.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Crystalheart: 3:56pm On Jun 23, 2020
Good day brother
Please check your DM
I would appreciate if you could help review my LOE.
I look forward to your reply.. Thanks
dommakavelli:
Is
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kunleraji(m): 4:09pm On Jun 23, 2020
[quote author=Kunleraji post=90984349][/quote]

Cc justmellow , frankrobbn1 , Naijaforeigner
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ymc007(f): 4:15pm On Jun 23, 2020
everything has expired. Both visa and passport
dommakavelli:
Is your student visa still valid?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Iffylove: 4:19pm On Jun 23, 2020
thank you @ JustMellow
Please I need more information about that Global Affairs Scholarship.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 5:15pm On Jun 23, 2020
Pee2Jay9:
Thanks for your reply but how about you obtain permit for a year program and choose a 2 years program eventually before you travel? Just inform IRCC by email or at POE?

Hello Pee2Jay9,

You don't necessarily have to inform IRCC or CBSA at the POE. If you got a permit of 1yr in duration and later switched to a 2yr program, all that should be done is to extend your permit at least 30 days prior to its expiry.

All the best

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dommakavelli: 5:16pm On Jun 23, 2020
Whatever you do, I encourage you to include a copy of all pages of your old passport, including all visas and data page. If you can't do that, make sure to include the data page, all visas and stamps in your old passport.

I think your new application would be assessed based on your current profile. But it won't hurt to refer to your old visa and explain why you could not make that trip. Just make sure your reasons are positive. Maybe you got a job or other study opportunities. Include proof if you have it. Meanwhile, if your reasons are not positive, maybe family emergencies, lack of funds, health etc, you can make it positive as well. You just need to be creative and be smart about it.

Good luck

Ymc007:
everything has expired. Both visa and passport
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dommakavelli: 5:24pm On Jun 23, 2020
Hi friend,

I'm sorry, I'm currently in the middle of 2 professional exams and I'm unable to review LOE at this time. I'm not sure how soon you plan to apply but I will be available sometime in mid-July. I'm sure there are people here that would be able to help as well.

cheers

Crystalheart:
Good day brother
Please check your DM
I would appreciate if you could help review my LOE.
I look forward to your reply.. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 6:07pm On Jun 23, 2020
Good day all. Please, quick question. This is my second application. I have a letter of sponsorship which is part of the proof of means of financial support.

I also have a detailed SOP which I used in the first application. I don’t want to change it because it was very well crafted and explained thoroughly my plans for the program.

Now I have a letter of explanation (LOE) which thoroughly explains the doubts the VO had about my application
And I am wondering which section I should upload it into.

The 1st application was denied on financial grounds and so I am wondering if the LOE should go into the proof of financial support along with the letter of sponsorship from my sponsor. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 6:09pm On Jun 23, 2020
Ymc007:
Hi guys,
My case is quite peculiar. To think i gave my testimony in part 11 but i couldn't travel to school anymore because of a major issue. Now i am starting the process all over again. Please i need your valuable advice on these.
1. I was granted a student study visa in 2016 but i couldn't go, i also did not know that i was supposed to inform IRCC that i will not be able to make it. will this affect my new student visa application since they most likely will have all this info on record?
2. Should i mention it in my LOP during my new study visa application, that i was once granted a study visa and explain the reason i couldn't go?
3. can i send a message to IRCC now to explain before i begin the whole process of applying for a visa?
i will appreciate your response(s). Thank you

Hello Ymc007,

By now, your permit should have been cancelled as stipulated by IRCC under her 90 days rule of it becoming invalid if study doesn't commence within this period.

Don't be bothered and do speak about your previous approval followed by your claims. A good letter with sellable reasons to why you couldn't resume your studies or travel to Canada will be the ultimate. If there is feasibility to show proof that you stayed back with best reason(s) of family circumstances i.e. poor healthy of a closed family member or loved one, contract execution, appointment etc. It is advice to also reassure IRCC that if granted, it will be made use of this time.

In all this, irrespective of the previous successful outcome, there is still no guarantee of a positive outcome, especially if some of the requirements aren't met.

Since this isn't a case of inadmissibility, the need to contact IRCC prior to filing your re-application is of less significance.

P.S: A better tone for this letter should magnet compassion, empathy and patriotism.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ymc007(f): 6:14pm On Jun 23, 2020
Thank you very much. I really appreciate your response
dommakavelli:
Whatever you do, I encourage you to include a copy of all pages of your old passport, including all visas and data page. If you can't do that, make sure to include the data page, all visas and stamps in your old passport.

I think your new application would be assessed based on your current profile. But it won't hurt to refer to your old visa and explain why you could not make that trip. Just make sure your reasons are positive. Maybe you got a job or other study opportunities. Include proof if you have it. Meanwhile, if your reasons are not positive, maybe family emergencies, lack of funds, health etc, you can make it positive as well. You just need to be creative and be smart about it.

Good luck

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ymc007(f): 6:15pm On Jun 23, 2020
thank you for your valuable opinion

JustMellow:

Hello Ymc007,

By now, your permit should have been cancelled as stipulated by IRCC under her 90 days rule of it becoming invalid if study doesn't commence within this period.

Don't be bothered and do speak about your previous approval followed by your claims. A good letter with sellable reasons to why you couldn't resume your studies or travel to Canada will be the ultimate. If there is feasibility to show proof that you stayed back with best reason(s) of family circumstances i.e. poor healthy of a closed family member or loved one, contract execution, appointment etc. It is advice to also reassure IRCC that if granted, it will be made use of this time.

In all this, irrespective of the previous successful outcome, there is still no guarantee of a positive outcome, especially if some of the requirements aren't met.

Since this isn't a case of inadmissibility, the need to contact IRCC prior to filing your re-application is of less significance.

P.S: A better tone for this letter should magnet compassion, empathy and patriotism.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Richdee1(m): 6:22pm On Jun 23, 2020
Yads97:

Yeah I have to agree with you. And the delay isn’t affecting just Nigerians. I’m in a Pakistani and Indian forum as well and they all have been waiting also. I’m just confused as to why some people who applied last month were sorted out. But in all, we just have to be patient.

Can u please drop the link to Indian/ Pakistan forum??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 6:26pm On Jun 23, 2020
Preshy2004:
Pls someone help me. my husband is sponsoring our boy for an undergraduate course. His company has given him introductory letter. Pls the question now is
1. Is it necessary for them to state his annual income? Because he has his payslips.
2. Is it necessary to submit employment letter hence there is an introduction letter?
3. His employment letter has a different surname because he did a change of name in 2008. Pls how do we go about that?
Thank you so much

Hello Preshy2004,

For point one, it isn't necessary and it isn't a bad idea either. Yes, include it. When it comes to source of funds and home ties, it is well-advised to always include the appropriate documents.

Thus, as a worker, the employment letter should be included even if the introduction letter is available except on the obvious.

Given there is an affidavit to such effect of name discrepancies, it should work magic with a follow-up explanation in brief.

All the best

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.