Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,879 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:45 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (121) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1153845 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by frostfr89: 5:24pm On Jun 28, 2020
frostfr89:

okay, i just sent an email request back also followed you

do we chat via email? or a private dm here?

Would prefer private email please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jus4c: 6:40pm On Jun 28, 2020
Jus4c:
Hello lovely people, I've got a quick question concerning Proof of Funds using the Gift Deed from ones parent. Is it acceptable for Study Permit application? If yes,would the Bank Statement of the provider(Parent) be required? I would like to have a combined personal account and a lump sum coming from the Deed of Gift. Please, your wonderful piece of advice would be appreciated.

Anyone on this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by thompson1510(m): 6:50pm On Jun 28, 2020
ron5ke:
Imagine sad They told me they had large numbers of applications and limited space undecided

Just imagine!!! And all my documents were too much for an online application. Had to go through all the stress of doing paper application...i hate stress oooo...ontop wetin. Na when went to dubai I realized the only issue we have in this country is bad governance and bad security!!! If you get money, naija sweet pass any other place ooo. If no be because i want my children to have a better future, would have stopped trying all these things out ooo

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Mogullet: 6:52pm On Jun 28, 2020
Luckymama:

Hi. The issue of Company sponsorship has been extensively discussed on this thread. Search for Just.wise contributions on this thread. I am in a somewhat similar position with you.
What I have learnt here is that company sponsorship is shaky as most times the VO don’t look favorably on it, believing that an Applicant may not have access to the company’s finances.
Thus rather than using the company as a sponsor, what you need is to use the company as a source of your income.
1.Use your personal account.Transfer money from your business account into your personal account. Make sure you highlight this in your explanation that the money came from your business and you have earmarked it for your school.
2. Submit any other proof of the business e.g CAC documents including particulars of directors if you or your husband. Account statement of the business, invoices or transactions done by the business. Audit reports of the value of the business. Whatever documents you have to show that you are operating a real business
3. VERY IMPORTANT: get a letter from your bank stating that you are a signatory to the company account. This is the main concern of the VO.

Thanks alot I really do appreciate your response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by thompson1510(m): 6:54pm On Jun 28, 2020
AlamuBiyi:
Why not try the Canada PR then, it's really worth it

Thats my plan my brother ooo...but me no get any money to waste again in IELTS, WES evaluation etc!!! If you see how much i wasted on getting a study visa!!!
And i am even self employed!!! Express entry na another thing. Was looking for love all over the world sef, grin grin
Just wanted to leave this place. Changed my mind when i realised there is no love anywhere ooo...people just wanna use you to pay their bills and you won’t even get a PR!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Godsblessings: 8:22pm On Jun 28, 2020
hello house, please my sister just got admitted into university of Winnipeg for her undergraduate degree program winter semester,2021, please is it necessary to make tuition deposit to the school though the school stated that they don't require tuition deposit , please is it necessary to make deposit before applying for the visa and does anyone have experience about the tuition refund policy of university of Winnipeg, if visa not granted.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Uriel12: 9:19pm On Jun 28, 2020
Good evening guys.
I've been a low-key watcher. grin

After a Visa refusal, and one wants to apply again, will there still be need for another VFS appointment?

And will study applications i.e school admissions still be processed during this time, seeing the COVID-19 situation?

Thank you for answering in advance!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nwannediutor: 9:43pm On Jun 28, 2020
Uriel12:
Good evening guys.
I've been a low-key watcher. grin

After a Visa refusal, and one wants to apply again, will there still be need for another VFS appointment?

And will study applications i.e school admissions still be processed during this time, seeing the COVID-19 situation?

Thank you for answering in advance!

You don't need to do another biometrics with VFS again if you have done that already (in the last 10 years), the only appointment you may be having with them is for submission/collection of passport.

For the second question, diff schools are processing and issuing acceptance letters currently. Fall 2020 is out of it though.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nwannediutor: 9:45pm On Jun 28, 2020
Godsblessings:
hello house, please my sister just got admitted into university of Winnipeg for her undergraduate degree program winter semester,2021, please is it necessary to make tuition deposit to the school though the school stated that they don't require tuition deposit , please is it necessary to make deposit before applying for the visa and does anyone have experience about the tuition refund policy of university of Winnipeg, if visa not granted.

It is NOT compulsory that you make tuition deposit. Some persons have gotten approvals without paying a dime while some persons who have also gotten refusal even after paying 100% of tuition.

You can reach out to the school directly vial mail and ask about their refund policy.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by koonleh: 9:54pm On Jun 28, 2020
Luckymama:

The main thing is do you have funds to actually pay your tuition? Canadian tuition can range from 6,000 CAD to ad high as 20,000 CAD per session. Once that amount is available the rest is small change.
But these are the costs you plan for:
1. Application fees to the schools. Most schools application fee is between 50 CAD and 150 CAD. Budget to apply to between 3 to 5 schools.
2.Medical fees: medical fees is about 45k.
3. Biometrics: Not sure how much this is now.
4. Visa Application fee: 150 CAD

Thank u . Ur contribution helped. I appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SetZ(m): 9:57pm On Jun 28, 2020
Please beautiful ladies and gentleman those who submitted via VFS (Feb)paper route application have you gotten any update pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Uriel12: 10:43pm On Jun 28, 2020
Nwannediutor:

You don't need to do another biometrics with VFS again if you have done that already (in the last 10 years), the only appointment you may be having with them is for submission/collection of passport.

For the second question, diff schools are processing and issuing acceptance letters currently. Fall 2020 is out of it though.

so the next admission will be open for when?
And fall 2020 starts from September to when please?

Thank you in advance!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Osemigho: 10:56pm On Jun 28, 2020
AlamuBiyi:
sad Because my SOP stated I wanted to come back to Nigeria after studies, which they didn't want.
But the truth is once they're not giving you they can give unexpected reasons
I'm still in Nigeria, expecting feedback post-covid
But the PR thing is just better I presume .

I'm still here actually

If you qualify for EE and have the requirements, it is better and more straightforward. PR will likely reduce your tuition by 1/3. You qualify for more scholarship. Unlike Canada student visa, It require less documentation. You can get it probably less than ten documents. All the best with your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jun 28, 2020
Good evening everyone trust we are all doing good
Please I want to point out a few things as it has come to my notice ,not happened once or twice but keeps repeating itself as it has happened to my friends on this thread
Please those of us who claim to be SOP writers Making it seem like the statement of purpose for visa processing is Gold (We Nigerians make a really big deal out of things too much ) yes I know your SOP is meant to be Good and all .
But where you become wicked is when different individuals contact you to help write the SOP you charge that’s very fine , you get paid and instead of the writer to take out time and do a good job because you was paid for your services , No greed would allow you copy and paste what you have written for 3-4 other people... It doesn’t make sense it’s just pure wickedness and plagiarism ... please let’s endeavour to do the right things as it’s said “Do to others what you wish for yourself”
Please everyone know who you give your SOP to help you review or write cause I have seen 4 SOPs from different people that are the same on this thread
God bless us all

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Skymoore1004: 1:02am On Jun 29, 2020
I agree with you & I was telling one guy here the other day. It may not even be from the agent, although it’s possible. But it’s from people asking fellow applicants to help them and review. How?? You’re asking a fellow leaner to teach you? Of course the person will copy when you don already talk say na agent write am. Just write your thing jeje & be hopeful. If to say na SOP dey make visa get approval then everybody for suppose dey Canada by now. Na your legit documents & genuineness be dey kaya. Let he who get ear, hear.
Tonyodg:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 1:04am On Jun 29, 2020
@godsblessings, it’s not mandatory
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by justwise(m): 6:14am On Jun 29, 2020
Tonyodg:
Please I want to point out a few things as it has come to my notice ,not happened once or twice but keeps repeating itself as it has happened to my friends on this thread
Please those of us who claim to be SOP writers Making it seem like the statement of purpose for visa processing is Gold (We Nigerians make a really big deal out of things too much ) yes I know your SOP is meant to be Good and all .
But where you become wicked is when different individuals contact you to help write the SOP you charge that’s very fine , you get paid and instead of the writer to take out time and do a good job because you was paid for your services , No greed would allow you copy and paste what you have written for 3-4 other people... It doesn’t make sense it’s just pure wickedness and plagiarism ... please let’s endeavour to do the right things as it’s said “Do to others what you wish for yourself”
Please everyone know who you give your SOP to help you review or write cause I have seen 4 SOPs from different people that are the same on this thread
God bless us all

Name those individuals because this is unacceptable, I'm totally against this sort of behaviour.

That said..any prospective student who is unable to write SOP has a serious thinking to do. If you can't write down why you want to study a particular course in Canada then give that money to a charity.

Do not send your SOP to agent or to another prospective student like yourself for review else your original work will be copied

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 7:02am On Jun 29, 2020
Lekiboboe:

It can pass for both online & paper application

But Online application has always been recommended even before the emergence of COVID-19

As regards your second question,
Check my post on Page 116 of this thread

Thanks alot cause I'm already gathering my docs for scanning

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 7:40am On Jun 29, 2020
justwise:

Name those individuals because this is unacceptable, I'm totally against this sort of behaviour.

That said..any prospective student who is unable to write SOP has a serious thinking to do. If you can't write down why you want to study a particular course in Canada then give that money to a charity.

Do not send your SOP to agent or to another prospective student like yourself for review else your original work will be copied

Greetings to you sir be rest assured I’ll get their monickers from my colleagues and update you here on them
Regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 7:42am On Jun 29, 2020
Skymoore1004:
I agree with you & I was telling one guy here the other day. It may not even be from the agent, although it’s possible. But it’s from people asking fellow applicants to help them and review. How?? You’re asking a fellow leaner to teach you? Of course the person will copy when you don already talk say na agent write am. Just write your thing jeje & be hopeful. If to say na SOP dey make visa get approval then everybody for suppose dey Canada by now. Na your legit documents & genuineness be dey kaya. Let he who get ear, hear.
Honesty, well spoken brother
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by AlamuBiyi(m): 8:24am On Jun 29, 2020
Yeah exactly

Osemigho:

If you qualify for EE and have the requirements, it is better and more straightforward. PR will likely reduce your tuition by 1/3. You qualify for more scholarship. Unlike Canada student visa, It require less documentation. You can get it probably less than ten documents. All the best with your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by AlamuBiyi(m): 8:28am On Jun 29, 2020
Honestly to me, I do not really believe in giving SOP out. Imagine one person writing for 20 people, why would not content not be almost the same concept. They could only give a guideline though.
Meanwhile if Canada will refuse you they will, it's not always a function of SOP
You needed to see my SOPs, I was even really commended for such write up having followed the guide for content.
May God help us

Tonyodg:
God bless us all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by AlamuBiyi(m): 8:33am On Jun 29, 2020
You know PR is sure, however demanding. You can take it little by little. Before you know...Boom!
It's always a great decision to leave this Naija oo
We have to find money with money.
That Student's visa wahala na die, you even have limited work time sad

thompson1510:

Thats my plan my brother ooo...but me no get any money to waste again in IELTS, WES evaluation etc!!! If you see how much i wasted on getting a study visa!!!
And i am even self employed!!! Express entry na another thing. Was looking for love all over the world sef, grin grin
Just wanted to leave this place. Changed my mind when i realised there is no love anywhere ooo...people just wanna use you to pay their bills and you won’t even get a PR!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Uriel12: 8:58am On Jun 29, 2020
Uriel12:
so the next admission will be open for when?
And fall 2020 starts from September to when please?

Thank you in advance!

Anyone on this please?

Cause I'm still seeing a school open for Fall 2020 undergrad Admission.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Godsblessings: 8:59am On Jun 29, 2020
Nwannediutor:

It is NOT compulsory that you make tuition deposit. Some persons have gotten approvals without paying a dime while some persons who have also gotten refusal even after paying 100% of tuition.

You can reach out to the school directly vial mail and ask about their refund policy.

really , you mean it's not necessary to make tuition deposit before applying for visa , thanks so much for the update.
and if we don't need to make tuition deposit, please do we need to open an account for her in Canada to transfer the money to or just leave it in the sponsor (parent) account and explain to the vo?. please , will appreciate your valuable response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 9:12am On Jun 29, 2020
Chikaima18:
Hello bosses Frankrobbn1, JustMellow and other bosses . My application was refused today and the reasons are very confusing. Please advise. I do not have any relative in Canada.

Chikaima18:
Nope I didnt. That's why its confusing to me too. I uploaded my kids USA passports though. Dont know if that had any role in this error.

I reject to hear your study visa was delayed. I wanted confirming from you whether or not you applied for an ETA of which you said you didn't. My best suggestion is that you should order for your GCMS note as this will give us a clearer insight about the reasons behind your refusal.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Agnes455: 9:35am On Jun 29, 2020
Hello everyone, please I have a concern. How do I prove my sponsor (dad) who is retired source of income.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by impeccablerose: 9:37am On Jun 29, 2020
Good morning everyone.
Does it matter if the home address on my application is different from the address on my statement of accounts?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mundus(m): 9:47am On Jun 29, 2020
Agnes455:
Hello everyone, please I have a concern. How do I prove my sponsor (dad) who is retired source of income.

What is the source of fund? Savings from salary, return on investment or pension

Whatever it is, just show proof.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mundus(m): 9:48am On Jun 29, 2020
impeccablerose:
Good morning everyone.
Does it matter if the home address on my application is different from the address on my statement of accounts?

This shouldn’t be an issue. People always change residential address.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nwannediutor: 9:55am On Jun 29, 2020
Godsblessings:
really , you mean it's not necessary to make tuition deposit before applying for visa , thanks so much for the update.
and if we don't need to make tuition deposit, please do we need to open an account for her in Canada to transfer the money to or just leave it in the sponsor (parent) account and explain to the vo?. please , will appreciate your valuable response

I didn’t say it’s not necessary, I said it’s not COMPULSORY. If paying tyytiin deposit will not put you in pressure , then you can go ahead to do it.

However the most important thing is to proof to the VO that you have your tuition fee for one year plus CAD10,000 for living expenses available to you.

Nigerians applying for student visa do not need to open an account in Canada. Upload your sponsors statement of account showing the money together with all other necessary financial documents .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:55am On Jun 29, 2020
AlamuBiyi:
Honestly to me, I do not really believe in giving SOP out. Imagine one person writing for 20 people, why would not content not be almost the same concept. They could only give a guideline though.
Meanwhile if Canada will refuse you they will, it's not always a function of SOP
You needed to see my SOPs, I was even really commended for such write up having followed the guide for content.
May God help us

Amen ,this is what some of us fail to understand, some think Marvellous SOP is the greater chance of securing a visa ..We need to start understanding that everything varies, it’s just to do your able best, follow procedures and leave the rest for GOD

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56