Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,431 members, 7,808,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:15 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (130) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1154842 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mimilyrics: 4:46pm On Jul 02, 2020
Teachers earn up to N600k and more in international schools.

Luckymama:

Based on the experience I would say the masters in education is better. And many schools give some allowance for MA in education when you have a lot of experience. I think the tuition is a bit high sha. Some schools have tuition of about 8k to 9k per session for a master’s.
The only negative I can see is how to justify the expense based on the earning ability of teachers in Nigeria. A common reason for refusal is that there is limited opportunities for the field of study in Nigeria. Teachers are badly paid in Nigeria. I don’t think any teacher no matter the school can earn more than 2OOk per month How do you justify spending over 6 million Naira in order to come back to Nigeria to take a job that pays so little?
If the prospective applicant can justify the expense of the schooling by showing how it will greatly improve his earning capacity then education is better.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Omah7979: 4:50pm On Jul 02, 2020
Hi please I need advice my brother got admission in Canada we went to pay his initial payment but was told that he can’t pay with his statement of result only certificate please tell us what mode of payment and bank to use?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mimilyrics: 5:00pm On Jul 02, 2020
For Form A transaction, banks need an invoice stating the fees/required deposit, admission letter, last obtained educational certificate, passport, receiving school's bank details, account funded with the equivalent required amount in Naira.

Omah7979:
Hi please I need advice my brother got admission in Canada we went to pay his initial payment but was told that he can’t pay with his statement of result only certificate please tell us what mode of payment and bank to use?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Didijide(f): 5:05pm On Jul 02, 2020
Thank you and God bless!
JustMellow:

Hello Didijide,

You can simply exclude some pages of the BS. The cover page should be included and 3-5 pages of each month will salvage the situation. Endeavour that the last page shouldn't be excluded.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 5:05pm On Jul 02, 2020
Slayyy001:

Hello everyone , does anyone here know how royal roads university works? I wana run a PGD program for either justice studies or conflict and analysis management. Am a lawyer by practice .
Seems most of the classes for this two courses are online ? Does that stop them from giving u a studen my visa ?

Are these online courses because of Covid or their usual system? I for one avoided Royal roads for this same reason too many of the courses were online. I don’t know for certain but I did not want to risk it. I have seen someone rejected because the proposed program of study is easily accessible online.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 5:20pm On Jul 02, 2020
Omah7979:
Try make use of FORM A

Banks like FCMB, Zenith, Polaris, EcoBank and some other banks operates FORM A

Though ur school will need to send their bank details to u
E.g.
Beneficiary Address (the school address)

Bank Name (the schools bank name)

Bank Address

Swift Code

Sort Code

Financial institution number

Transit Number

Account Number & some other bank details (depending on the sch.)

Then ur brother will go with the sch. bank details, his Letter of Acceptance (Admission Letter ),a bank invoice stating the fees/required deposit (Most times the Tuition Deposit Details are always inside the Admission Letter), Valid International Passport and together with his Sponsor (Sponsor's Bank Account should be funded with the Required Deposit, Preferably more than the Required Deposit)

And there is a possibility the bank will require the Sponsor to write a Letter of Authority to Debit Account Number of So so Amount of USD $ or CAD $ ( the bank u will be using to pay the Tuition fee will guide u on that )

The limit per Transaction is $15,000 USD

The payments takes like 1-5 working days before you get the debit alert & also a confirmation that the school fees has gotten to the sch. in Canada, the confirmation comes with a receipt called TELEX Receipt (the bank can print it for u or they send it to your e-mail), it is that receipt u will send to ur school in Canada and they will send u a TUITION PAYMENT RECEIPT when they receive the TELEX RECEIPT

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dommakavelli: 5:26pm On Jul 02, 2020
That's very good. You should include it in your application. Make sure to refer to it in your SOP. Let the officer know that you are financially stable and your financial statement is attached to your application.
SKEPTA:

and 19,100 in the domiciliary account
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Omah7979: 6:02pm On Jul 02, 2020
He went to the bank(Polaris) with the these documents you mentioned and they said the won’t process it for him that he needs to have his university certificate instead of statement of result. Thanks for your response �
mimilyrics:
For Form A transaction, banks need an invoice stating the fees/required deposit, admission letter, last obtained educational certificate, passport, receiving school's bank details, account funded with the equivalent required amount in Naira.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Omah7979: 6:04pm On Jul 02, 2020
Thanks for your response!!

our challenge is the certificate part where they (Polaris bank)said they can’t process his payment because he doesn’t have his certificate that they don’t accept statement of result
Lekiboboe:

Try make use of FORM A

Banks like FCMB, Zenith, Polaris, EcoBank and some other banks operates FORM A

Though ur school will need to send their bank details to u
E.g.
Beneficiary Address (the school address)

Bank Name (the schools bank name)

Bank Address

Swift Code

Sort Code

Financial institution number

Transit Number

Account Number & some other bank details (depending on the sch.)

Then ur brother will go with the sch. bank details, his Letter of Acceptance (Admission Letter ),a bank invoice stating the fees/required deposit (Most times the Tuition Deposit Details are always inside the Admission Letter), Valid International Passport and together with his Sponsor (Sponsor's Bank Account should be funded with the Required Deposit, Preferably more than the Required Deposit)

And there is a possibility the bank will require the Sponsor to write a Letter of Authority to Debit Account Number of So so Amount of USD $ or CAD $ ( the bank u will be using to pay the Tuition fee will guide u on that )

The payments takes like 1-5 working days before you get the debit/confirmation that the school fees has gotten to the sch. in Canada, the confirmation comes with a receipt called TELEX Receipt, it is that receipt u will send to ur school in Canada and they will send u a TUITION PAYMENT RECEIPT when the receive the TELEX RECEIPT
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Adeolab100(m): 6:08pm On Jul 02, 2020
Please i finished my secondary School education 4 years ago and decided to hustle hard because I don't have anyone and right now I have 3.5M so my question is can I use that to sponsor my self to a Canadian university while I school and work to pay my subsequent fee. I'm 22 now. Please I need answers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nwannediutor: 6:17pm On Jul 02, 2020
Adeolab100:
Please i finished my secondary School education 4 years ago and decided to hustle hard because I don't have anyone and right now I have 3.5M so my question is can I use that to sponsor my self to a Canadian university while I school and work to pay my subsequent fee. I'm 22 now. Please I need answers

You can only work 20 hours per week as a student. The average tuition in Canada is $16,000 per year. It is almost impossible for you to earn this while working and schooling. Moreover, you will need to show proof of funds for one year of study and then ability to pay fees for the remaining years before your visa is approved.

I advise you get a sponsor. A family member preferably.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Adeolab100(m): 6:29pm On Jul 02, 2020
Nwannediutor:

You can only work 20 hours per week as a student. The average tuition in Canada is $16,000 per year. It is almost impossible for you to earn this while working and schooling. Moreover, you will need to show proof of funds for one year of study and then ability to pay fees for the remaining years before your visa is approved.

I advise you get a sponsor. A family member preferably.
wow. You just dashed my hope oo lol. We don't have sponsor, no father or mother or anyone. Please what do you suggest I do. I really wanna get a degree because it's impossible I be who I wanna be by just doing this regular hustle. Can I get a scholarship? Can I try a European country. Abeg so sorry for my many questions
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Mobi22: 7:31pm On Jul 02, 2020
Hello nairalanders
Goodevening
Please i need answers
I was denied for family ties the last time but i didnt mention the plot of land in last application because my dad just purchased it a month before i reapplied
I reapplied for a study visa and in my loe I stated that my dad purchased a plot of land worth 45m with evidence of payment for I and my senior sister to establish a medical health center in our country of residence after our studies
But someone said i should have just added the document without stating the purpose in the loe
And I'm scared
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 7:36pm On Jul 02, 2020
Adeolab100:
wow. You just dashed my hope oo lol. We don't have sponsor, no father or mother or anyone. Please what do you suggest I do. I really wanna get a degree because it's impossible I be who I wanna be by just doing this regular hustle. Can I get a scholarship? Can I try a European country. Abeg so sorry for my many questions

Are you looking for affordable fees, please check Lithunia, Hungary or Estonia, these european countries tuition fees are below 1.5M and their visa process is not as stringent as Canada Study Visa.

For more information on how you can emigrate successfully to these countries, you explore their individual threads on Nairaland.

I hope this information helps.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 7:53pm On Jul 02, 2020
Mobi22:
Hello nairalanders
Goodevening
Please i need answers
I was denied for family ties the last time but i didnt mention the plot of land in last application because my dad just purchased it a month before i reapplied
I reapplied for a study visa and in my loe I stated that my dad purchased a plot of land worth 45m with evidence of payment for I and my senior sister to establish a medical health center in our country of residence after our studies
But someone said i should have just added the document without stating the purpose in the loe
And I'm scared

Visa officers are not custodians of knowledge, you don't allow them to assume on your behalf. You've a better opportunity of convincing the visa officer that your intentions are bonafide by stating the worth of the property you're leaving back home and what you intend to do with it (i.e establishing a medical health centre) in the long-term.

Do not allow what people say and doom yourself into secret misery. Do well to include it and provide explanations to back up your claims.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Adeolab100(m): 8:05pm On Jul 02, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Are you looking for affordable fees, please check Lithunia, Hungary or Estonia, these european countries tuition fees are below 1.5M and their visa process is not as stringent as Canada Study Visa.

For more information on how you can emigrate successfully to these countries, you explore their individual threads on Nairaland.

I hope this information helps.

It will end in praise
thank you bro

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jermaineayo: 8:08pm On Jul 02, 2020
Heyy, don't be scared. As far as you've submitted, believe you'll get it.

Like Mr. Frank says, it will end in praise.
Mobi22:
Hello nairalanders
Goodevening
Please i need answers
And I'm scared
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 8:12pm On Jul 02, 2020
Omah7979:
Thanks for your response!!

our challenge is the certificate part where they (Polaris bank)said they can’t process his payment because he doesn’t have his certificate that they don’t accept statement of result
U are welcome,

Well, whether that's Polaris Bank's Policy for Paying of Tuition overseas (I.e Seems POLARIS Bank requires a Degree Certificate bfor they can initiate a TUITION PAYMENT overseas)

A suggestion,
Try FCMB or Zenith if possible u av access to any of the banks , cos sometimes in March & May this year, a guy paid his tuition fee twice using FCMB , He went there with his Sponsor,
It was only his acceptance letter (having the Tuition fee details) , his international passport and some details from his sponsor they asked for
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Mobi22: 8:50pm On Jul 02, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Visa officers are not custodians of knowledge, you don't allow them to assume on your behalf. You've a better opportunity of convincing the visa officer that your intentions are bonafide by stating the worth of the property you're leaving back home and what you intend to do with it (i.e establishing a medical health centre) in the long-term.

Do not allow what people say and doom yourself into secret misery. Do well to include it and provide explanations to back up your claims.

It will end in praise.

Thank you sir for putting my mind at ease
At least I'll sleep well this night

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Taisonlee: 9:39pm On Jul 02, 2020
Good evening nairalanders, I've been sent a mail to go for biometrics for almost three months now and the Canadian visa application center is temporary closed. Hope this will not affect my visa processing?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Preshy2004: 9:42pm On Jul 02, 2020
Omah7979:
He went to the bank(Polaris) with the these documents you mentioned and they said the won’t process it for him that he needs to have his university certificate instead of statement of result. Thanks for your response �
Go to zenithbank. I paid my son's tuitionin zenith. I submittedonly passport data of his own and my own. His admission letterand payment invoice from the school.
If you are bankingwith zenith better. They will just debit from your account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olasubomy: 10:24pm On Jul 02, 2020
Please anyone who knows any business school in Canada temporarily waiving the GRE/GMAT score requirement for MBA?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jul 02, 2020
Taisonlee:
Good evening nairalanders, I've been sent a mail to go for biometrics for almost three months now and the Canadian visa application center is temporary closed. Hope this will not affect my visa processing?
For everyone asking, and No it won’t affect your application
Regards

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by gettingbeta(m): 10:40pm On Jul 02, 2020
Hello Olasubomy...try UCW

olasubomy:
Please anyone who knows any business school in Canada temporarily waiving the GRE/GMAT score requirement for MBA?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olasubomy: 12:55am On Jul 03, 2020
Thank you gettingbeta(m) I am very grateful for your response - just to confirm , you mean UNIVERSITY CANADA WEST right? That was what pooped out when i entered it in search criteria. Thank you again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Osemigho: 2:13am On Jul 03, 2020
Anon123:

Check your mail pls

Okay. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Osemigho: 2:17am On Jul 03, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Osemigho,

Insofar, the stated profile seems good but there is need for financial restructuring so it can be more sufficiently convincing.

It will be well-advised if the dad can up the funds above 5m. Why is this? Because the addition of the tuition fees and LE would outweigh the available funds, especially if its two years in length.

A PGD should be better choice to a Master. He could also check out Ireland as their requirements are somewhat flexible too. The principal focus will be to up the required funds, then others becomes secondary.

All the best

Thanks. Can’t the brother profile add up rather than the father increasing his funds? If no, how long should the Extra 2m stay in the father’s account before submission? The PR brother is actually willing and capable of sponsoring her. Based on the experience here, Will his status not implicate her?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Osemigho: 2:24am On Jul 03, 2020
Luckymama:

Based on the experience I would say the masters in education is better. And many schools give some allowance for MA in education when you have a lot of experience. I think the tuition is a bit high sha. Some schools have tuition of about 8k to 9k per session for a master’s.
The only negative I can see is how to justify the expense based on the earning ability of teachers in Nigeria. A common reason for refusal is that there is limited opportunities for the field of study in Nigeria. Teachers are badly paid in Nigeria. I don’t think any teacher no matter the school can earn more than 2OOk per month How do you justify spending over 6 million Naira in order to come back to Nigeria to take a job that pays so little?
If the prospective applicant can justify the expense of the schooling by showing how it will greatly improve his earning capacity then education is better.
thanks for this. Just so you know, there are several schools elementary schools that more than 200k per month in Nigeria. You just have to seek to find.

However, your points are Very valid. Perhaps targeting post secondary teaching and research can be better than secondary and elementary Schools. What do you think?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Osemigho: 2:39am On Jul 03, 2020
Adeolab100:

It is hard, but not impossible to get scholarship for undergraduate study. You will need to prove yourself very well during study. I mean perfect or almost perfect GPA for you to be considered. I have friends from Nigeria that did undergraduate at University of Calgary and enjoyed almost 10,000 cad Per year. But these people were not average students. Some had 4.00 GPA every semester and others only missed it by very little points.

If you think you can hustle school fees and still have such GPA, think it twice. It is harder than you think. Most undergrad students that I know that max their GPA don’t worry about money because they come from privileged home. There are other privilege ones that aren’t able to do though. All in all, na war and the thought of hunger can be a huge distraction to winning it.

Because you have some money, I think Australia visa process would be nicer to you than Canada but you will still need family, including extended ones that you share surname, to act as sponsor. Canada and Australia have similar immigration law and process. Australia is just nicer to students visa applicants from Nigeria, while Canada express entry is really an express road to Canada for anyone that qualifies. Before jumping on the European train because of cheaper fees, read about your opportunities after school and the testimony of Nigerian/Black students and graduates in the place.

All the best.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Adeolab100(m): 5:55am On Jul 03, 2020
Osemigho:

It is hard, but not impossible to get scholarship for undergraduate study. You will need to prove yourself very well during study. I mean perfect or almost perfect GPA for you to be considered. I have friends from Nigeria that did undergraduate at University of Calgary and enjoyed almost 10,000 cad Per year. But these people were not average students. Some had 4.00 GPA every semester and others only missed it by very little points.

If you think you can hustle school fees and still have such GPA, think it twice. It is harder than you think. Most undergrad students that I know that max their GPA don’t worry about money because they come from privileged home. There are other privilege ones that aren’t able to do though. All in all, na war and the thought of hunger can be a huge distraction to winning it.

Because you have some money, I think Australia visa process would be nicer to you than Canada but you will still need family, including extended ones that you share surname, to act as sponsor. Canada and Australia have similar immigration law and process. Australia is just nicer to students visa applicants from Nigeria, while Canada express entry is really an express road to Canada for anyone that qualifies. Before jumping on the European train because of cheaper fees, read about your opportunities after school and the testimony of Nigerian/Black students and graduates in the place.

All the best.
thank you so much for this. I really really appreciate it

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SKEPTA: 6:42am On Jul 03, 2020
dommakavelli:
That's very good. You should include it in your application. Make sure to refer to it in your SOP. Let the officer know that you are financially stable and your financial statement is attached to your application.
Alright Thank you sir�
Any chance you could briefly scan through my sop sir?
even though I know you’re really busy at the moment
I’d appreciate it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SKEPTA: 7:07am On Jul 03, 2020
Good morning house
I have a few questions
1.I have paid my fees of $38,800CAD in full and I have $43,558CAD available for my stay in canada, in the imm1295, what do I fill as room and board?, what do I feel under the ‘other’ column? and what do I feel under the funds available for my stay in Canda?

2.My mum is my sponsor but my dad also has properties a,should I mention it in my sop and put the scanned copies of his properties documents under client information to show home ties?

3. Should I mention the estimated value of the properties like for example the house is in lekki,so I could give it an estimated value based on how much houses are in lekki?

4.In the sponsorship letter by mum,Is she meant to state the cost/estimates of her properties?

@dommakaveli @justmellow @justwise @frankrobnn @mcobex @anybody
please help

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.