Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,904 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:48 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (131) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1149402 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 7:48am On Jul 03, 2020
VFS would open soon hopefully, this is to give us hope as seen in the location

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dommakavelli: 8:26am On Jul 03, 2020
Numer 1. You should check your admission letter for the finance breakdown. They usually put the price range for rent there. Some schools would write a yearly estimate. But If their estimate is per month, multiply it by 12. For other columns, check your admission letter for an estimate of other things like books, transport, etc. and put the total. Anyways, everything is usually around 10-15k. depending on the city.
Also, available funds. You should put the total of 38,800CAD and $43,558CAD okay?

Number 2. I think you should add it to the sponsor document under the proof of source of funds. Your dad's property is not yours, so it can't be a home tie. But if you show that your parents are doing well, VO's might see it as a tie too. No one knows what those mo'fuckers want. But yeah, include all your parent's property under sponsor docs.
Number 3. Yes, say approximately xxxxxx
Number 4. Yes, she can state an estimate of each of her assets in her sponsor letter. Just like number 3.

SKEPTA:
Good morning house
I have a few questions
1.I have paid my fees of $38,800CAD in full and I have $43,558CAD available for my stay in canada, in the imm1295, what do I fill as room and board?, what do I feel under the ‘other’ column? and what do I feel under the funds available for my stay in Canda?

2.My mum is my sponsor but my dad also has properties a,should I mention it in my sop and put the scanned copies of his properties documents under client information to show home ties?

3. Should I mention the estimated value of the properties like for example the house is in lekki,so I could give it an estimated value based on how much houses are in lekki?

4.In the sponsorship letter by mum,Is she meant to state the cost/estimates of her properties?

@dommakaveli @justmellow @justwise @frankrobnn @mcobex @anybody
please help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dommakavelli: 8:28am On Jul 03, 2020
Yes sure. Send it. I can take a quick look at your sponsor letters too.

SKEPTA:

Alright Thank you sir�
Any chance you could briefly scan through my sop sir?
even though I know you’re really busy at the moment
I’d appreciate it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SKEPTA: 8:37am On Jul 03, 2020
dommakavelli:
Yes sure. Send it. I can take a quick look at your sponsor letters too.

I have sent you an email sir
please reply sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dubajek: 8:41am On Jul 03, 2020
Please can anyone suggest any affordable university for online MBA. I will like the one I will study online and graduate in the campus. Kindly recommend. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SKEPTA: 9:18am On Jul 03, 2020
dommakavelli:
Numer 1. You should check your admission letter for the finance breakdown. They usually put the price range for rent there. Some schools would write a yearly estimate. But If their estimate is per month, multiply it by 12. For other columns, check your admission letter for an estimate of other things like books, transport, etc. and put the total. Anyways, everything is usually around 10-15k. depending on the city.
Also, available funds. You should put the total of 38,800CAD and $43,558CAD okay?

Number 2. I think you should add it to the sponsor document under the proof of source of funds. Your dad's property is not yours, so it can't be a home tie. But if you show that your parents are doing well, VO's might see it as a tie too. No one knows what those mo'fuckers want. But yeah, include all your parent's property under sponsor docs.
Number 4. Yes, she can state an estimate of each of her assets in her sponsor letter. Just like number 3.

Thank you sir.God bless you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ijeanwuli: 9:51am On Jul 03, 2020
There is hope. You can look into Germany

Adeolab100:
Please i finished my secondary School education 4 years ago and decided to hustle hard because I don't have anyone and right now I have 3.5M so my question is can I use that to sponsor my self to a Canadian university while I school and work to pay my subsequent fee. I'm 22 now. Please I need answers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by oyinlove15: 10:49am On Jul 03, 2020
You can check Vancouver Island University or saint Mary Halifax
olasubomy:
Please anyone who knows any business school in Canada temporarily waiving the GRE/GMAT score requirement for MBA?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chimzy4real: 10:58am On Jul 03, 2020
You can check mun Newfoundland. Their tuition is affordable.

Adeolab100:
wow. You just dashed my hope oo lol. We don't have sponsor, no father or mother or anyone. Please what do you suggest I do. I really wanna get a degree because it's impossible I be who I wanna be by just doing this regular hustle. Can I get a scholarship? Can I try a European country. Abeg so sorry for my many questions
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by nayo10(m): 11:01am On Jul 03, 2020
Tonyodg:
VFS would open soon hopefully, this is to give us hope as seen in the location
It has been opened since just that Canada side hasn't been open. Ireland & Denmark and some other countries are currently open for application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Omah7979: 11:01am On Jul 03, 2020
Thank you very much
Lekiboboe:

U are welcome,

Well, whether that's Polaris Bank's Policy for Paying of Tuition overseas (I.e Seems POLARIS Bank requires a Degree Certificate bfor they can initiate a TUITION PAYMENT overseas)

A suggestion,
Try FCMB or Zenith if possible u av access to any of the banks , cos sometimes in March & May this year, a guy paid his tuition fee twice using FCMB , He went there with his Sponsor,
It was only his acceptance letter (having the Tuition fee details) , his international passport and some details from his sponsor they asked for

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Omah7979: 11:05am On Jul 03, 2020
Thank you for your response [quote author=Preshy2004 post=91316332][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ifesinachi22(m): 11:06am On Jul 03, 2020
Please what is The best answer when VO asks you "What classes will you be taking?"
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 11:13am On Jul 03, 2020
nayo10:

It has been opened since just that Canada side hasn't been open. Ireland & Denmark and some other countries are currently open for application
wow let’s hope for the best shocked
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nwannediutor: 11:44am On Jul 03, 2020
It appears that IRCC is lowkey processing online applications pending Biometrics submission.

I read from someone in another forum that got his Medical updated to Pass, while still waiting for VFS to open to submit biometrics. Not a Nigerian though.

Let's keep our fingers crossed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 11:49am On Jul 03, 2020
Nwannediutor:
It appears that IRCC is lowkey processing online applications pending Biometrics submission.

I read from someone in another forum that got his Medical updated to Pass, while still waiting for VFS to open to submit biometrics. Not a Nigerian though.

Let's keep our fingers crossed.
My medical was also updated to pass last week or so I am waiting for biometrics, although it was upfront medicals
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olajigaolamide: 12:02pm On Jul 03, 2020
Vfs won't open until the 30th September
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kaycevit: 12:09pm On Jul 03, 2020
olajigaolamide:
From which source?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 03, 2020
Hello everyone
Am a newbie,I need assistance,i have nce in business Education , I want to do diploma in early childhood education.i need experts opinion.
Thanks and God bless

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 03, 2020
olajigaolamide:
minister of IRCC na you sabi
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Stevenssen(m): 1:16pm On Jul 03, 2020
Ifesinachi22:
Please what is The best answer when VO asks you "What classes will you be taking?"
Think you meant to post this in the US thread. Canada generally don't do visa interviews for students
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jermaineayo: 1:41pm On Jul 03, 2020
Hey guys, so after one gets the biometric introduction letter, is there any need to book an appointment in vfs center?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 1:51pm On Jul 03, 2020
Osemigho:
thanks for this. Just so you know, there are several schools elementary schools that more than 200k per month in Nigeria. You just have to seek to find.

However, your points are Very valid. Perhaps targeting post secondary teaching and research can be better than secondary and elementary Schools. What do you think?

Yes. I think having career plans to go into post secondary teaching may fly. The only other question is why a foreign degree? A master’s degree can be gotten as easily from a university in Nigeria and you go on into lecturing and research. What’s a degree from Canada going to do for you that you can’t get from Nigeria?

If it’s true that there are schools in Nigeria that pay even up to 600k, then I actually think targeting a very well paying international secondary school May equally fly. If he can come up with evidence that he has investigated a number of international schools, this is what they pay and he intends upon return to apply to these schools. He may argue that his foreign degree will give him an edge over locally trained competition.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Insanity(m): 1:58pm On Jul 03, 2020
dommakavelli:

Please, in my own case, how do I fill the imm 1294e form
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 2:28pm On Jul 03, 2020
Jermaineayo:
Hey guys, so after one gets the biometric introduction letter, is there any need to book an appointment in vfs center?

Yes , that's the next line of action.

U get such letter after submitting ur Study Permit Application but their NIGERIAN offices in Lagos (Lekki) and Abuja is yet to open due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, so Booking an Appointment ain't possible for now , hopefully its gonna open soon since other VFS offices in some countries are beginning to open

Its that Biometric Instruction Letter (Printed) u will take to the VFS Office together with ur International Passport

That's why Lot's of Applicants in the forum are anticipating for the opening of VFS (VAC) Offices in Lagos & Abuja(NIGERIA)

Do read the LETTER from Beginning to the End, u will find some important & vital info there

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 2:48pm On Jul 03, 2020
Annie1234:
Hello everyone
Am a newbie,I need assistance,i have nce in business Education , I want to do diploma in early childhood education.i need experts opinion.
Thanks and God bless
U are welcome @Annie1234
My own little Opinion,

U av an NCE in Business Edu. , why do you want to pursue a DIPLOMA in Early ChildHood Edu?

This can be questionable to a VISA Officer, Cos there is no progression here, Business Edu. is not related or correlating with Early Childhood Education

U might need to consider the question below

Do u av any experience or certification in Child Care etc. Or is there a fact u can establish or genuine reason on why u want to pursue a program not related to your former program?

All da best ma'am
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 03, 2020
[quote author=Lekiboboe post=91337685]
U are welcome @Annie1234
My own little Opinion,

U av an NCE in Business Edu. , why do you want to pursue a DIPLOMA in Early ChildHood Edu?

This can be questionable to a VISA Officer, Cos there is no progression here, Business Edu. is not related or correlating with Early Childhood Education
Thanks so much
Am a public school teacher,i have been working for the past 4 years in the nursery department,and I have early childhood seminar certificate.i choose to go to college because of financial reasons.
Moreover am married with 2kids but am going alone also self sponsor
I need more guidance should I pursue this plan
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 3:14pm On Jul 03, 2020
[quote author=Annie1234 post=91338328][/quote]
Alright, now u have a genuine reason on why u want the prog. Early Childhood Education based on ur work experience as a sch. Teacher in the Nursery Department and the Early Childhood Seminar Certificate u have
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jermaineayo: 3:31pm On Jul 03, 2020
Thank you very much... you're too kind.
Lekiboboe:

Yes , that's the next line of action.

U get such letter after submitting ur Study Permit Application but their NIGERIAN offices in Lagos (Lekki) and Abuja is yet to open due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, so Booking an Appointment ain't possible for now , hopefully its gonna open soon since other VFS offices in some countries are beginning to open

Its that Biometric Instruction Letter (Printed) u will take to the VFS Office together with ur International Passport

That's why Lot's of Applicants in the forum are anticipating for the opening of VFS (VAC) Offices in Lagos & Abuja(NIGERIA)

Do read the LETTER from Beginning to the End, u will find some important & vital info there

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 3:44pm On Jul 03, 2020
[quote author=Annie1234 post=91338328][/quote]
Though i don't know the equivalent of an NCE certificate to a DIPLOMA or PGC/PGD or Post Baccalaureate Diploma

But i think its either u go for a DIPLOMA
Or
POST GRADUATE CERTIFICATE, Post Grad. Diploma or a Post Baccalaureate Diploma

"Your Sch. Teaching Experience in the Nursery Department & the seminary certificate u earned should be able to make u eligible to apply for a PGC or PGD or Post Baccalaureate Program in Early Childhood Edu. Program"

I stand to be corrected on the quoted

Do await more response and suggestions

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.