Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,501 members, 7,781,524 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:09 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1135186 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Rock247(m): 9:04pm On Jul 07, 2020
Hello gurus in the house, please I have an urgent question..
Is it possible to do a PGC with a low cgpa (2.5)?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Osemigho: 9:07pm On Jul 07, 2020
Pee2Jay9:

Please I'm interested to know more about the bolded. How did you not know? Did you have EE in progress while you got study visa?

The last time I know, You are allowed to have both both EE and Student visa application. It is called dual intent. However, you will still need to prove your intention to leave Canada in your study permit application.

I did not submit both though. I gathered all the necessary documents before leaving Nigeria, and submitted it two weeks after arrival in Canada as a masters student. I also used my student visa medicals.

2017 was a very good year for EE because lowest ITA score (413) and processing times (I think two weeks) were recorded that year. Mine was 440 and 2 months respectively. I guess I was lucky to have listened to my inner mind when it told me to do it. All the best.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nwannediutor: 9:43pm On Jul 07, 2020
Anon123:

No.. U have to do it at your country of residense

That's not true. You can do your biometrics in any country you can legally enter.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 9:46pm On Jul 07, 2020
Rock247:
Yes it is very possible
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 10:10pm On Jul 07, 2020
Rock247:

Yes pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 10:11pm On Jul 07, 2020
Nwannediutor:

That's not true. You can do your biometrics in any country you can legally enter.

You can legally enter.. ?!!! I doubt that. If so, why is everybody not going to Ghana to get it done
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jul 07, 2020
Anon123:

You can legally enter.. ?!!! I doubt that. If so, why is everybody not going to Ghana to get it done
lol is the border open shocked
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nwannediutor: 10:32pm On Jul 07, 2020
Anon123:

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 10:44pm On Jul 07, 2020
Tonyodg:
lol is the border open shocked
I doubt it...

Benin rep. & Togo would likely have closed their Borders due to the PANDEMIC

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 10:48pm On Jul 07, 2020
[quote author=Nwannediutor post=91489529][/quote]

Okay ... Noted
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sanovsky007(m): 10:58pm On Jul 07, 2020
Hello guys, so I submitted my study permit application yesterday June 6th, I got a letter today asking me to go to a VAC for my biometrics

what does this mean? and I also thought medicals come first before biometrics?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sanovsky007(m): 11:16pm On Jul 07, 2020
@Obanidavid

Please any update on your biometrics?

Obanidavid:

@MyRace

Sincerely, you have expressed my thoughts. I wish to share my testimony likewise that I submitted my application June 4th, received request for biometrics on a Saturday about two days after submission and later got a request for medicals on July 1st while still awaiting the VFS in Nigeria to give my biometrics.

Let us know that no two applications are the same just as our faces differ. The commonest thing I observed here is many people often kill themselves in fear of nothing that exist. I belong to the Winners family and certainly, I believed my application will be different and I will return again to share my final testimony.

Personally, I thank God for the journey so far and appreciate every contributors on this forum. I have learned so much and am indeed grateful. I will return soon before the end of the month to inform the house of my successful Visa application.

IT IS MY YEAR OF BREAKING LIMITS

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 11:20pm On Jul 07, 2020
Sanovsky007:
Hello guys, so I submitted my study permit application yesterday June 6th, I got a letter today asking me to go to a VAC for my biometrics

It means nothing, u are on point

U get such letter 24 hrs after submitting ur Study Permit Application but their NIGERIAN offices in Lagos (Lekki) and Abuja is yet to open due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, so Booking an Appointment ain't possible for now , hopefully its gonna open soon since other VFS Canada offices in some countries are beginning to open

Its that Biometric Instruction Letter (Printed) u will take to the VFS Office together with ur International Passport

That's why Lot's of Applicants in the forum are anticipating for the opening of VFS (VAC) Offices in Lagos & Abuja(NIGERIA)

Do read the LETTER from Beginning to the End, u will find some important & vital info there

- BIOMETRICS comes before MEDICALS

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sanovsky007(m): 11:23pm On Jul 07, 2020
Thanks a million, sir, you and some other persons have been assisting me throughout this process. God bless you.

Lekiboboe:

It means nothing, u are on point

U get such letter 24 hrs after submitting ur Study Permit Application but their NIGERIAN offices in Lagos (Lekki) and Abuja is yet to open due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, so Booking an Appointment ain't possible for now , hopefully its gonna open soon since other VFS offices in some countries are beginning to open

Its that Biometric Instruction Letter (Printed) u will take to the VFS Office together with ur International Passport

That's why Lot's of Applicants in the forum are anticipating for the opening of VFS (VAC) Offices in Lagos & Abuja(NIGERIA)

Do read the LETTER from Beginning to the End, u will find some important & vital info there

- BIOMETRICS comes before MEDICALS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 11:34pm On Jul 07, 2020
Sanovsky007:
Thanks a million, sir, you and some other persons have been assisting me throughout this process. God bless you.

U are welcome @Sanovsky007
AMEN!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 11:36pm On Jul 07, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Its very perfect to use the regular SOA which carries the total debit, total credit and available balance in the account. It is true that not all commercial banks in Nigeria issue the Ticket ID and Password. The applicant will have no issue using the normal SOA provided that its genuine. The visa officer will still go ahead to verify the authenticity of the bank statement by sending an email across to the head office of the bank.

It will end in praise.
Alright, Roger that
Thanks for Clarification
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by YemmyPOG: 1:30am On Jul 08, 2020
Actually i am a civil servant with Academic background in Accounting but now trying to pursue Master's in public administration. So the company policy or board decision can not suffice for me. I think I will go with Sales agreement option. Infact I am working on getting the right document for that purpose already. Thanks for your insight.
quote author=JustMellow post=91479674]

Hello YemmyPOG,

If the name of your boss didn't reflect in any of your documents or mentioned, or reflects different in the transfer history, a sales agreement document/loan repayment document can come resourceful.

But if it negates the aforesaid, then get an authenticated letter of financial support from your boss stating the company's stand and policy in either supporting their employees with financial assistance to further their study or as a friendly/soft loan that will be deducted from your salary with effect from your resumption prior after your study.

The letter should be backed by an authenticated agreement endorsed by the company's lawyer and/or with a board resolution letter approving the funds.

Insofar, the implication of the statement in the second paragraph is that it also demonstrate a tangible home ties of a guaranteed employment securement and returning home to repay back the soft loan. This makes more sense if the prospect study focus correlates with the current employment.

To this end, the idea can be tweaked to meet the desired preference relating to the most suited means possible.

All the best

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by smsalert1: 8:31am On Jul 08, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Well-done @frankrobbn1

As regards this MyBank Statement Ticket,
Is it that, not all banks give applicants the Mybank statement ticket?

Cos a guy who submitted his Application last month had a sponsor who uses Polaris Bank, they sent the Mybank Statement ticket to the Canadian Embassy, and the Sponsor was also giving a Bank Reference Letter addressed to the Canadian Embassy,
but Polaris Bank didn't give his Sponsor the Ticket ID, they only gave him a Bank Statement having the following details

At the Top- left hand side, they wrote

mybankStatement® | date | Page 1

Summary info
Role - Sponsor
Account name - Sponsor's name
Address
Tenor - 6 months
Currency - NGN

Available balance -
Book Balance -
Total debit-
Total Credit -

Then the 6 months Bank statement, followed...

I guess it is ok he used this ?

Thanks

I did mine in Polaris and I got d ticket ID sent to my mail direct and a print out containing the ticket ID. You can't do my bank statement without a confirmation printout of d ID because that is what you submit online as your SOA

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 9:10am On Jul 08, 2020
Sanovsky007:

Lol.. No bro.. Biometrics before den if you are successful medicals comes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 9:41am On Jul 08, 2020
smsalert1:

I did mine in Polaris and I got d ticket ID sent to my mail direct and a print out containing the ticket ID. You can't do my bank statement without a confirmation printout of d ID because that is what you submit online as your SOA

Alright, Probably some activities of some banks and their branches differ based on facility available etc., cos this Polaris Bank Branch was like the Mybank Statement Ticket ID is meant for the Canadian Embassy,
Only the Bank Statement of acct. was sent to the e-mail of the Sponsor having the heading mybank statement® and some other details that portrayed the bank statement is being addressed to the Canadian Embassy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 9:51am On Jul 08, 2020
Godsblessings:
please is it the embassy that will request for this ? or one can just send the statement of account to the embassy without request from the embassy? do we have to send through courier or email? can this be done for tourist /conference as well?

You can submit either of the two (statement of account or Mybank Statement with ticket ID and password). Most often if the Visa officer has concerns that the SOA submitted with an application is fraudulent. They usually request for the MyBank Statement which will enable them have access to the transactions carried out in the account for a period of 1 year.

Note: the visa officers don't have the ability to know your actual available balance after the date MyBank statement was generated by the bank.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 10:05am On Jul 08, 2020
milkytins:

Pls, why did u say it shouldn't exceed this week? Personally want to delay my application for 2 more weeks cos I am expecting another offer somewhere.
Again, Thompson Rivers University says Data Science program will not be online, meaning I must resume by September.

You've very limited time to file for your VISA application in view of the current processing times which have been increased to 8 weeks now. Since you're waiting for a decison to made on your admission at TRU in the upcoming weeks, your best bet is to defer your acceptance to Winter as this will give you ample time to prepare and package your application tightly.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 10:28am On Jul 08, 2020
Jermaineayo:
Good evening house,

Please can someone from Nigeria travel to Ghana to do biometrics?

You can do biometrics in any country, it mustn't be in your home country. If Ghana can grant you entry into their country, you can complete it there.

It will end in praise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Obasanjo280: 11:03am On Jul 08, 2020
Iphiegrace:

That’s a while ago.
What does your profile say?

After your medical request back then in April we have already settled your approval in our minds.

Please are there still people who got medical requests in April and May still awaiting visa approval
it show background check before but it stop yesterday. They say I should wait it will come
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 11:42am On Jul 08, 2020
Iphiegrace:

That’s a while ago.

After your medical request back then in April we have already settled your approval in our minds.

Please are there still people who got medical requests in April and May still awaiting visa approval

Yes o.. You are not alone bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 08, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

You can do biometrics in any country, it mustn't be in your home country. If Ghana can grant you entry into their country, you can complete it there.

It will end in praise
Biometrics collection outside Canada
If you can’t give your biometrics due to a location closure near you or a service disruption, don’t go to another biometrics collection service unless we tell you to. This includes

Canadian ports of entry
other international biometrics collection locations, like a visa application centre (VAC)
If you have a biometrics appointment scheduled

at a VAC, the VAC will notify you if your appointment is cancelled
at a US Application Support Center (ASC), all ASCs are closed until further notice
When biometrics collection resumes, you’ll have to make a new appointment at a VAC or ASC as soon as possible to avoid delays. You won’t need a new BIL.

But this is also on their site
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Torontomama: 12:23pm On Jul 08, 2020
[You are not alone I passed medical since Feb 27, I was asked for a new letter of admission in March and I've not heard anything since then
quoteace post=91433949]

That’s a while ago.

Please are there still people who got medical requests in April and May still awaiting visa approval[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chibzee2: 2:31pm On Jul 08, 2020
Are there schools that have waived application fees and Ielts for spring applicants?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by milkytins(m): 2:41pm On Jul 08, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

You've very limited time to file for your VISA application in view of the current processing times which have been increased to 8 weeks now. Since you're waiting for a decison to made on your admission at TRU in the upcoming weeks, your best bet is to defer your acceptance to Winter as this will give you ample time to prepare and package your application tightly.

It will end in praise
Thanks bro. For this Data Science course in TRU, they said no deferment, no winter and one needs to reapply next year. Though, I have paid $6,100 as part of tuition.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 3:20pm On Jul 08, 2020
milkytins:

Thanks bro. For this Data Science course in TRU, they said no deferment, no winter and one needs to reapply next year. Though, I have paid $6,100 as part of tuition.

Then you ought to be super fast with your plans. More so, do your best to include an upfront medicals so as to speed up the application process. Although you might still face some delays in processing of your visa due to biometrics enrollment, as VAC are yet to reopen.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 3:22pm On Jul 08, 2020
Chibzee2:
Are there schools that have waived application fees and Ielts for spring applicants?

UBC and Centennial College waives application fees.

It will end in praise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 3:24pm On Jul 08, 2020
Chibzee2:
As regards IELTS, it is being waved for Student's from Nigeria by most schools cos they know NAIJA is an English - speaking Country,
but
if its possible, try get a LETTER of PROFICIENCY in English language from the sch. U graduated from. Its only when u want to apply for PERMANENT RESIDENCY u need IELTS compulsorily

As regards schools that waive application fee for international students, am 100% certain of only one school,
Cambrian College of Arts & Technology, Sudbury, Ontario (Application fee is waived for International Student in this school)

Though there are other schools, the likes of
- UBC
- Royal Roads University, British Columbia
-Mount Allison University, Sackville – New Brunswick (mostly for Undergraduates)

Some schools also waive application fees if an alumnus of such schools refer you when applying.

Some of the schools are:

- Fleming College, Peterborough - Ontario
- Centennial College, Toronto - Ontario
- Conestoga College, Kitchener - Ontario
- Mohawk College, Hamilton, Ontario

It is advisable to thoroughly read requirements, eligibility and have a check list of all documents required when applying. That way, you can maximize the opportunity at one go and reduce risk of not being admitted.

All the best

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (723)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.