Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,798 members, 7,806,208 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:06 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1153954 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by umulobi: 8:08am On Jul 20, 2020
Pee2Jay9:

Congratulations.. This biometrics part confused me. Is it that you didn't do biometrics? Or IRCC doesn't update that section?
The profile is probably a reapplication,in that case,biometrics were collected in the previous application provided it was done within the last few yrs.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 8:13am On Jul 20, 2020
NairaLuck:
@Lekiboboe kindly refer me to the page where you answered me on Affidavit of Sponsorship and Police Clearance Certificate. Where you gave the address and documents needed.
I intend to accomplish them this week.

Thanks alot

Any other person who can assist me with this details, please do.

Lastly, with this new IRCC rule for Fall applicants, is it safe to apply for my study permit now for Winter 2021?

Thanks alot

Please I need your views
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 9:21am On Jul 20, 2020
MadeMan01:

Thank you.
I have gotten acceptance/admission letter.
In the process of getting documents for study permit application. Any tips?
Please reply
@Frankrobbn1 please advise

Congratulations on your acceptance into a DLI in Canada.

Please follow the LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR A SUCCESSFUL CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION to gather your files.

It will end in praise

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 9:23am On Jul 20, 2020
NairaLuck:
@Lekiboboe kindly refer me to the page where you answered me on Affidavit of Sponsorship and Police Clearance Certificate. Where you gave the address and documents needed.
I intend to accomplish them this week.

Thanks alot

Any other person who can assist me with this details, please do.

Lastly, with this new IRCC rule for Fall applicants, is it safe to apply for my study permit now for Winter 2021?
Thanks alot

NairaLuck:

Please I need your views

As per the bolded, you can apply for your VISA provided that your documents are complete.

It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by joyblinks(f): 10:18am On Jul 20, 2020
MadeMan01:

Thank you.
I have gotten acceptance/admission letter.
In the process of getting documents for study permit application. Any tips?
Please reply
@Frankrobbn1 please advise

Pls how do I contact U?? I can't seem to send U PM.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by hapila: 10:38am On Jul 20, 2020
Good morning everyone, please I need help with this:

MEd applicants must hold a relevant undergraduate degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0 (B), and at least one year of relevant teaching or related professional experience. Can Nigeria GPA of 3.2 be ok for this?

Please someone should help out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Francejaik(m): 10:45am On Jul 20, 2020
Hello guys it's been awhile.

Please is it true that folks that apply for UNIVERSITIES often get more approvals than the ones that apply for COLLEGES?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Insanity(m): 11:19am On Jul 20, 2020
itwillendinprai:

God bless you so much for this explanation, It's enough for me and am grateful. Truth is, the response I got the first time I enquired about the possibility of getting admission with my G.P, automatically zeroed my mind on Universities, hence I started reading up on colleges that offer my course, and was considering Conestoga before my brother came up with that idea. All I needed was an assurance that am on the right track, only for that guy to show up with his mockery-infested-ITK attitude. Whatever that means undecided
Once again thank you so much, I appreciate. smiley

You're welcome.
Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 11:55am On Jul 20, 2020
SKEPTA:
Good morning everyone
I have a few questions
1. Can I still do upfront medical after I have submitted my application ?
2.If yes how do I notify ircc about it?
3. How long does medical last?
4. what’s the cost of doing medical at Q-life,how do I contact them and how long does it take for the result to be out?
5) What do they test for in medical?

Kindly help please.

1. You can proceed to undergo a medical exam after you have submitted a study permit application.

2. Once you have undergone the medical tests, you can send across the E-medical slip via - IRCC WEBFORM NAIRAOBI.

3. According to IRCC, a medical result is valid for a year (12 months).

4. Q-Life charges 35k for an adult from the age of 18 and above. It takes 5 working days for your medical records to be transferred to IRCC GCMS Database.

5. The medical exams are generally confined to a standard physical exam, including blood tests (HIV, syphilis), urine tests, and x-rays, prior medical records and the individual's mental state are also examined.

I hope this information satisfies your enquiry.

It will end in praise

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by owee: 12:56pm On Jul 20, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

1. You can proceed to undergo a medical exam after you have submitted a study permit application.

2. Once you have undergone the medical tests, you can send across the E-medical slip via - IRCC WEBFORM NAIRAOBI.

4. Q-Life charges 35k for an adult from the age of 18 and above. It takes 5 working days for your medical records to be transferred to IRCC GCMS Database.

5. The medical exams are generally confined to a standard physical exam, including blood tests (HIV, syphilis), urine tests, and x-rays, prior medical records and the individual's mental state are also examined.

It will end in praise

Thanks for this information. I thought upfront medical exams was no longer required (i.e you have to be asked to carry out one before you do). Whats the process for doing this at Qlife. Is there a link to book an appointment?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 1:36pm On Jul 20, 2020
owee:

Thanks for this information. I thought upfront medical exams was no longer required (i.e you have to be asked to carry out one before you do). Whats the process for doing this at Qlife. Is there a link to book an appointment?

I don't know if upfront is REALLY no longer required, or applicants just want to scale through the first approval stage before doing medicals. Anyways, send an email to canadamedicals@qlifefamilyclinic.com.

I had long booked with them for 30th of July but may not make that day.. Whoever wants my space should holla.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 1:41pm On Jul 20, 2020
hapila:
Good morning everyone, please I need help with this:

MEd applicants must hold a relevant undergraduate degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0 (B), and at least one year of relevant teaching or related professional experience. Can Nigeria GPA of 3.2 be ok for this?

Please someone should help out

Canadian system is graded on a 4 point average. So they are looking for a 3.0 out of 4. Nigerian GPA is graded on a 5 point average so what you have is a 3.2 out of 5. That is more like an average of C. But to be on a safer side google gpa conversion and see what your cgp translates to in a 4 point system.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SKEPTA: 1:54pm On Jul 20, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

It will end in praise

Thanks boss..God bless you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by librangyps(f): 2:16pm On Jul 20, 2020
Pee2Jay9:

I don't know if upfront is REALLY no longer required, or applicants just want to scale through the first approval stage before doing medicals. Anyways, send an email to canadamedicals@qlifefamilyclinic.com.

I had long booked with them for 30th of July but may not make that day.. Whoever wants my space should holla.

I will like to use your space.
I once received a PM prompt from you but when I checked my mail, there was nothing there.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by owee: 2:27pm On Jul 20, 2020
Pee2Jay9:

Hola cheesy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by elijah101(m): 2:50pm On Jul 20, 2020
Please I got a 2.7 gpa ... HND .. You guys think I have a chance with Durham College .. Applied already .. I have not served yet ooo .. I am seeing nysc cert in the list of document to submit for Study Permit .. and I don't even have my West African Examinations Council Senior School Certificate .. I only have testimonial from my secondary school .. I need help with steps to take putting all this my fault to consideration .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Francejaik(m): 3:03pm On Jul 20, 2020
Please is it true that folks that apply for UNIVERSITIES often get more approvals than the ones that apply for COLLEGES
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Stevenssen(m): 4:31pm On Jul 20, 2020
Francejaik:
Please is it true that folks that apply for UNIVERSITIES often get more approvals than the ones that apply for COLLEGES
College applicants get approved as much as university applicants.
However, if you have a very good gp, it's advisable to go for a university because the VO might think you chose the college just for the less competitive admission process. But if you have a 3rd class and package your application well, going for a college doesn't mean you can't get approved.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Heltinking(m): 4:37pm On Jul 20, 2020
Hello all, which one would you advise someone go for? A year masters program with unpaid Co-op, or the thesis option which is 20 months. Knowing fully well you'd gain Canadian experience with the Co-op but a year PGWP....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ajikaz2003(m): 5:14pm On Jul 20, 2020
Dear Mr. Frankrobbn1,

Please, I have been trying to reach you through your signature. Kindly revert.

Thank you.

Frankrobbn1:

As per the bolded, you can apply for your VISA provided that your documents are complete.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 6:08pm On Jul 20, 2020
Francejaik:

All lies chief... Visa approval is given to who convinces the visa officer beyond doubt. There have been so many approvals for college applicants and masters .. None is seen to be better than the other ...

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 6:17pm On Jul 20, 2020
Heltinking:
Hello all, which one would you advise someone go for? A year masters program with unpaid Co-op, or the thesis option which is 20 months. Knowing fully well you'd gain Canadian experience with the Co-op but a year PGWP....

Please I advise you consider a 2yrs program either masters or PGD that guarantees you a 3yrs PGWP. A one year masters won't give you the eligibility to stay back after studies which means you need to apply for a second masters again, another headache of applying for an extension of your visa by showing proof of funds and other requirements that shows you can take care of yourself and tuition fees for another year.

Am sure there are 2yrs courses with a co-op related in your field..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by owee: 7:19pm On Jul 20, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

It will end in praise

Hello Frank. Is one meant to provide a bio data form for the medicals at Qlife?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Osemigho: 7:39pm On Jul 20, 2020
Heltinking:

Let’s assume both have same course requirements except for research project in the thesis option. Let’s consider two more factors:

1.The thesis option will likely get you a 3 years PGWP.

2. Work experience can be acquired through volunteer, part-time, or summer jobs.

As an international student, I will go for the thesis option to give me longer work permit. As a PR, I will choose the one year program because of lesser tuition and study time.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jacktours: 8:01pm On Jul 20, 2020
hello guys is there any one that applied around early june that has recieved update? my application is 7weeks now yet no update ,just bothered.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadeMan01(m): 8:02pm On Jul 20, 2020
joyblinks:

Pls how do I contact U?? I can't seem to send U PM.
Send me email to: ufuoma.ojomaikre@outlook.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by elijah101(m): 8:04pm On Jul 20, 2020
elijah101:
Please I got a 2.7 gpa ... HND .. You guys think I have a chance with Durham College .. Applied already .. I have not served yet ooo .. I am seeing nysc cert in the list of document to submit for Study Permit .. and I don't even have my West African Examinations Council Senior School Certificate .. I only have testimonial from my secondary school .. I need help with steps to take putting all this my fault to consideration .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Engager69: 8:19pm On Jul 20, 2020
Jacktours:
hello guys is there any one that applied around early june that has recieved update? my application is 7weeks now yet no update ,just bothered.

I’m in the same shoe with you too bro, applied 6th June and processing time was 7weeks then.. this the 7th week but no update yet....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nwannediutor: 8:31pm On Jul 20, 2020
Engager69:

I’m in the same shoe with you too bro, applied 6th June and processing time was 7weeks then.. this the 7th week but no update yet....

Has your eligibility review started?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nwannediutor: 8:32pm On Jul 20, 2020
Jacktours:

Has your eligibility review started?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 20, 2020
Engager69:

I believe they would soon start this process for Nigerians
Just be patient... processing time has even changed to 4 weeks.
What we should all pray for is passing the eligibility stage

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.