Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (191) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1154706 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Aderin0la: 9:38pm On Aug 02, 2020
Hello house. Please I’m in a dilemma.

I got admitted for the Masters in Medical Biotechnology program at University of Windsor, for Fall 2020. Because the admission came in late, I decided to defer until Fall 2021 (so I can gather the right documents for my SP application). Here’s my profile:

21 years old.
Just completed Nysc.
Bsc in Cell Biology and Genetics (2’1).
No travel history (never applied for or been denied a visa either).
Currently Working as a Medical Laboratory Assistant.
I plan on taking a few online courses in Biotechnology before December/January when I submit my study permit application.
Total Tuition for the 2year program is CAD 28,350... Other fees for the 2 years sums up to CAD 6,200. when I divided this, my cost of attendance for a year is around 17,000, plus the 10,000 living expenses = 27,000 (Approximately 8million naira).
I’m trying to build up my sponsors bank statement from now but here’s my challenge:

My mother is my main sponsor. She’s a civil servant, has a bank statement of about 9 or 10m naira, 3 buildings in Lagos, and a store. But her current balance would only be sufficient for 1 year of study. Would it be ok to use just her as my sponsor? Can I list the worth of the properties alongside her bank statement, and say that she plans on selling one of them?
I have 2 siblings but they’re not heavily dependent on her (one had a masters degree already and is working and one is still in secondary school).

Just Incase, Her friend agreed to be my Co sponsor. But we are not related in any way. Different surname too. But he has a bank statement of almost 20m. Would it have any effect if I list him as my Godfather? Would I have to show any proof ? Or just a sponsorship letter from him would do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ptoall1000: 10:06pm On Aug 02, 2020
Aderin0la:

I got admitted for the Masters in Medical Biotechnology program at University of Windsor, for Fall 2020. Because the admission came in late, I decided to defer until Fall 2021 (so I can gather the right documents for my SP application). Here’s my profile:

21 years old.
Just completed Nysc.
I plan on taking a few online courses in Biotechnology before December/January when I submit my study permit application.
Total Tuition for the 2year program is CAD 28,350... Other fees for the 2 years sums up to CAD 6,200. when I divided this, my cost of attendance for a year is around 17,000, plus the 10,000 living expenses = 27,000 (Approximately 8million naira).
I’m trying to build up my sponsors bank statement from now but here’s my challenge:

My mother is my main sponsor. She’s a civil servant, has a bank statement of about 9 or 10m naira, 3 buildings in Lagos, and a store. But her current balance would only be sufficient for 1 year of study. Would it be ok to use just her as my sponsor? Can I list the worth of the properties alongside her bank statement, and say that she plans on selling one of them?
I have 2 siblings but they’re not heavily dependent on her (one had a masters degree already and is working and one is still in secondary school).

Just Incase, Her friend agreed to be my Co sponsor. But we are not related in any way. Different surname too. But he has a bank statement of almost 20m. Would it have any effect if I list him as my Godfather? Would I have to show any proof ? Or just a sponsorship letter from him would do?
Nice question, I wish you all best. You can t get uncles that can borrow ur mum additional millions just for you as proof of funds?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SKEPTA: 10:16pm On Aug 02, 2020
Hello house, on my admission offer letter at university of windsor , it says I should submit a confirmation of my BSc degree completion and transcript .I want to know if the confirmation of bsc degree completion means submission of another bsc certificate or just a letter from the school registry acknowledging that I completed my degree and my final grade?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 10:25pm On Aug 02, 2020
SKEPTA:
Hello house, on my admission offer letter at university of windsor , it says I should submit a confirmation of my BSc degree completion and transcript .I want to know if the confirmation of bsc degree completion means submission of another bsc certificate or just a letter from the school registry acknowledging that I completed my degree and my final grade?

Simply give a photocopy of your degree certificate to the person processing your transcript and they will mail it together with your transcript.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Aderin0la: 10:25pm On Aug 02, 2020
Thank you. I have thought about that too, but for some reasons I can’t take that route now

ptoall1000:

Nice question, I wish you all best. You can t get uncles that can borrow ur mum additional millions just for you as proof of funds?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Maprince4: 10:43pm On Aug 02, 2020
Please house, is Canada still issuing study Visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fairheart(m): 10:58pm On Aug 02, 2020
Hello guys,

My cousin just got accepted to study in Canada. She's 18 and going for her first degree.
I need list of documents expected from her as part of the visa application process.
I'd genuinely appreciate it if anyone can help me with a comprehensive list.
(Note: I am familiar with Canada study permit application, but I do believe my knowledge on steps to take is not enough).

smiley

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by greatalash(m): 11:17pm On Aug 02, 2020
Hello everyone.
I wanna apply for postgraduate diploma/C in any school that his application is still available.
I graduate with 3rd in university and finish my NYSC 5 years ago... And my Age Is 30+
I wish to have my PGD in Canada.. My statement of account is up to 1M every month . I want to sponsor myself with any amount needed
Am a successful business Man, with registered CAC..
Any school available and hope 3rd class can apply to study postgraduate diploma in Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Rollyxxmv(m): 1:31am On Aug 03, 2020
Does your mum have a pension balance of a substantial amount with any PFA,a pension account can be used in addition to her regular SOA otherwise another bet would be her friend's who's SOA reads 20m, but a ton of explanation will come along in your SOP.. Gurus could also help you better..
Ps: IMO.
Aderin0la:

21 years old.
Just completed Nysc.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by usmee(m): 1:46am On Aug 03, 2020
Hello guys.

I have a question pls, I submitted my student visa application since May as against my July resumption date, however I have been issued a new LOA for October intake.

So my question is how do I upload the new LOA?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Miide2: 7:24am On Aug 03, 2020
usmee:
Hello guys.

I have a question pls, I submitted my student visa application since May as against my July resumption date, however I have been issued a new LOA for October intake.

So my question is how do I upload the new LOA?

Use a web form
I did the same thing
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 7:33am On Aug 03, 2020
greatalash:
Hello everyone.
I wanna apply for postgraduate diploma/C in any school that his application is still available.
I graduate with 3rd in university and finish my NYSC 5 years ago... And my Age Is 30+
I wish to have my PGD in Canada.. My statement of account is up to 1M every month . I want to sponsor myself with any amount needed
Am a successful business Man, with registered CAC..
Any school available and hope 3rd class can apply to study postgraduate diploma in Canada?
Since u are gonna be sponsoring urself
Ur Statement of Account must show that u av ur tuition fee and a Compulsory 1-year living expenses of $10,000CAD (around 2.9 million to 3 million Naira) in your account

And a bank statement of 4-6 months is required to be shown when applying for a Study Visa . Do make sure u avoid any lump sum of money in ur account to avoid any suspicion by a Visa Officer

Also u have to show good home ties to ur country e.g Family assets (Landed Properties) , ur Family (Dad and Mum, sister , brother Etc.)

Visit the link below and read the Content' in detail

Comprehensive List of Requirements for Canada Study Visa Application
https://www.nairaland.com/3649314/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/92#55179284

LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION
https://www.nairaland.com/4773130/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/228#75475575

As regards admission for PGD/PGC to Canada,
Yes u can apply for a PGD or PGC -Post Graduate Certificate with ur 3rd class

For possible program & school suggestions,

Do mention:
- the program u want to study in Canada,
-the course u studied in Nigeria,
- your work experience (since u are business man, what type of biz do u do?)

Cos the PGD/PGC Program u should do must either align/correlate with the course u did in the university or your work experience for CAREER PROGRESSION purpose

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Stevenssen(m): 8:19am On Aug 03, 2020
fairheart:
Hello guys,

My cousin just got accepted to study in Canada. She's 18 and going for her first degree.
I need list of documents expected from her as part of the visa application process.
(Note: I am familiar with Canada study permit application, but I do believe my knowledge on steps to take is not enough).

smiley

Hi, check the post on the link
https://www.nairaland.com/2035081/travelling-canada-part-7/313#32534121
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 8:54am On Aug 03, 2020
fairheart:
Hello guys,

smiley

https://www.nairaland.com/4773130/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/228#75475575

Note: Some of this documents might not apply to her cos she might likely not av Work Experience etc.

Most of the requirements needed for her Application will be her:
-Academic Credentials (WAEC/NECO Result, Testimonial, Awards/Accolades in school etc.)

- Her Sponsors documents,
Cos her Sponsor' will be solely responsible for her tuition and upkeep throughout the 4 years duration of her study & stay in Canada

- Family/Home ties as well

Do await more response from members in house

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SKEPTA: 9:34am On Aug 03, 2020
hello,I did upfront medicals and uploaded it via webform but then my medicals were requested officially on friday so I uploaded it again

1. who knows how long it will take for it to or updated on my application

2. will the application status change to medical passed or what will be displayed as an indicator that it has been updated?

Kindly help please
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dommakavelli: 9:46am On Aug 03, 2020
IRCC will get your medical exam. If their is no issue with your medical, your application would change to medical passed but no one knows how long it would take IRCC to updated your profile.

SKEPTA:
hello,I did upfront medicals and uploaded it via webform but then my medicals were requested officially on friday so I uploaded it again

2. will the application status change to medical passed or what will be displayed as an indicator that it has been updated?

Kindly help please
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by bisolaemilia(f): 10:11am On Aug 03, 2020
Please when did you submit your application and when did you get the medical request?

SKEPTA:

Kindly help please
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SKEPTA: 10:22am On Aug 03, 2020
bisolaemilia:
Please when did you submit your application and when did you get the medical request?

submitted july 16
medical request july 31st

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SKEPTA: 10:23am On Aug 03, 2020
dommakavelli:
IRCC will get your medical exam. If their is no issue with your medical, your application would change to medical passed but no one knows how long it would take IRCC to updated your profile.

Alright
Thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by bisolaemilia(f): 11:33am On Aug 03, 2020
Oh really nice. I submitted mine on the 17th July, although it's a reapplication. Is yours a new application?

SKEPTA:

submitted july 16
medical request july 31st
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 11:58am On Aug 03, 2020
Onweke:

Exactly what I always want to hear at this time. I already have committed it to the hands of the Creator. Prayer is the key. I have hope that makes not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us . Only God can turn mistake to miracle. Thanks boss @Frankrobbn. You always inspire me.

Please don't allow your mediocre mind begin to oppose your great spirits. Your application will be favourably considered. Keep faith and hope for the best.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 12:12pm On Aug 03, 2020
MadeMan01:

Hi @Frankrobbn
I submitted July 21st, 2020. Got biometric request July 22,. Yet to do medical. Have not got medical request. For admission in spring (May)2021

Its absolutely nothing to be worried about boss!!. The current status of your application "Not Applicable" - (NA1) might not change for a while until the VO responsible for your application has received the results of your medicals. When this happens, it will at once move to "We are processing your background checks". Also be advised that you may not see any new updates on your application due to your distant start date. This is normal as IRCC primary focus at this time is for applicants whose start date is fall semester 2020.

I hope this information helps.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 12:20pm On Aug 03, 2020
Bestvibe2020:
Please what does background check not applicable status mean, it was initially reading background check processing then it updated to not applicable .

It will likely change to "We are processing your background checks" once the VO has reviewed and validated your medical results. Please take note that such update (Not applicable) merely takes place on a rare condition. My suggestion is that you keep calm and continue monitoring your application progress, there will be some changes soon.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 12:29pm On Aug 03, 2020
femilong:
I applied for Canadian study visa through an agent.He only requested for a statement of account and then my sop.After seeing the list of documents requirements here,I don't know what to think anymore.Is it possible to apply for study visa for an undergraduate course with just those two documents added to my admission letter?

Please enlighten me

Not just submitting a bank statements with your application, you also need to show proof as to the source of income in the SOA. Well, your agent will be in a better position to know what he submitted in your application to demonstrate those claims. Since you've submitted, you can't change anything, but can only hope for the best.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadeMan01(m): 12:33pm On Aug 03, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Its absolutely nothing to be worried about boss!!. The current status of your application "Not Applicable" - (NA1) might not change for a while until the VO responsible for your application has received the results of your medicals. When this happens, it will at once move to "We are processing your background checks". Also be advised that you may not see any new updates on your application due to your distant start date. This is normal as IRCC primary focus at this time is for applicants whose start date is fall semester 2020.

It will end in praise.

Thank you very much.
Very helpful
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 12:41pm On Aug 03, 2020
Zikstar4me:

Thank you, is there any way to rectify this, sumbit a new proof of funds, or add another document to support the proof of funds document? @Frankrobbn1

I can understand your frame of mind after reading my post about your POF. Don't be troubled, It's very possible to send additional documents to IRCC after an application submission. Please raise a CSE by sending the proof of funds viaIRCC WEBFORM NAIRAOBI. In the mail, you should explain to the immigration authorities your reasons for sending an updated POF. Never to worry, the visa officer will update your application appropriately with the new information provided and a decison will be made based on what is available on your file.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fairheart(m): 12:47pm On Aug 03, 2020
Thanks chief! smiley
Lekiboboe:

Note: Some of this documents might not apply to her cos she might likely not av Work Experience etc.

Most of the requirements needed for her Application will be her:
-Academic Credentials (WAEC/NECO Result, Testimonial, Awards/Accolades in school etc.)

- Her Sponsors documents,
Cos her Sponsor' will be solely responsible for her tuition and upkeep throughout the 4 years duration of her study & stay in Canada

- Family/Home ties as well

Do await more response from members in house
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 12:52pm On Aug 03, 2020
dicedapples:
Hi guys, please does anyone know what this means, my application status has been on awaiting your action for the past month, but this morning my status changed to submitted , although eligibility and background is still under review and I haven’t gotten any message or mail.

When you login to your MyCIC account and notice your current status is saying "awaiting your action", it's probably that IRCC have requested for your biometrics or additional documents to continue the processing of your application. Check properly, your biometrics could have been the reason to such status on your application. In view of the foregoing, your application is still in process and for this reason, you need to exercise a little more patience.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 1:03pm On Aug 03, 2020
Mzruffy:
Hi good morning my people pls any news on biometric for us that haven’t done biometric, 90 days don past ooo i hope they will still consider us because of corona. Is medical after biometric?

IRCC has clearly stated that they will not reject any application that is in progress at any of their visa offices for non-compliance/awaiting documents on the part of the applicant. You may have exceeded the 90 days stipulated time frame that was given to submit your biometrics. Please be advised that IRCC will systematically extend the deadline with an additional 90 days in an effort to ensure that you can provide the pending information necessary for your application.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 1:08pm On Aug 03, 2020
Folhu57:
Please can I migrate to Canada with school
While in the EE POOL.

Yes its possible and legal to migrate to Canada via the study permit route while you've an active EE profile. We have discussed on this topic on countless occasions on this thread. Hence, in an attempt not to derail this thread with repetitive answers, I'll have to refer you to IRCC website about DUAL INTENTS (HAVING AN ACTIVE EE PROFILE AND APPLYING FOR STUDY PERMIT).

I hope this information satisfies your enquiry.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by milo9(m): 1:15pm On Aug 03, 2020
Austacus:

It depends on your stream to R10 and criminality checks. it will get to your turn. If I may ask, did you submit PCC? It may not be mandatory, but did you submit it?

R10 they check your documents for completion etc. and determine that everything is in order and you have provided all the needed documents correctly. If you pass this stage it means, your documents were complete and as per requirements.

PCC police clearance certificate

Can you post your application documents, lemme check something.
Yes I submitted PCC.
App docs:
Undergraduate cert & transcripts, 80% tuition paid receipt, professional certificate and awards, S.O.P, C.V, PCC, other means of identification, family members means of identification, o’level, LOA, landed property receipts with the deed, farmland receipt with pictures (CAC registration ongoing), personal SOA (with balance of 4m, inflow/outflow of 36m), parent’s house CofO, letter & affidavit of support, sponsor’s SOA with balance of 2m but inflow/outflow 480m.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Julibet: 1:23pm On Aug 03, 2020
Lekiboboe:

All da best!!!!!
Wow.. And How possible do you think it'll be for someone looking for sponsorship for a thesis based admission??

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.