Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,372 members, 7,808,295 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:58 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1154783 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 4:40pm On May 07, 2020
Onweke:
Please must the governor of the state sign the deed of gift ?

No it's always be left blank

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Flourhine: 5:08pm On May 07, 2020
That form that we printed with the barcode IMN something stuff on the Canada application document like that what are we going to do about it how are we going to include it in our documents submission
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 5:12pm On May 07, 2020
Flourhine:
That form that we printed with the barcode IMN something stuff on the Canada application document like that what are we going to do about it how are we going to include it in our documents submission
Fill the form truthfully
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by legit90: 5:26pm On May 07, 2020
Flourhine:
Good day to u all.is there anyone in here who had an idea about Brandon University.
Concerning my SOP I'm I going to include my landed properties information in the write up.where I'm I going to include all this document of police character,letter of affidavit etc coz there is no provision on where to upload that on the system.thank u all

I applied to the school too.. I think you just have to wait for them to tell you to send the required documents.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Annettevoke(f): 5:31pm On May 07, 2020
where did u get this info, they dont assume things they verify, u can use it. Pls don't give people heart attack, i used it like that.

Anon123:

Yes..thats what makes it an official copy from the bank.. cos without a stamp, the visa officer can assume it was forged.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 5:35pm On May 07, 2020
hamzat55:
Unfortunately you can't use conditional offer to apply for study permit. You will have to fulfill all the requirements including registering for the ACTW test after which you will send them confirmation of registration and then you will also pay the compulsory $5k tuition deposit. As for the study permit, that one can be submitted after you have landed in Canada.

So many misleading informations going about on this thread. Please can you quote exactly where you got this information?

Are you insinuating that applicants with conditional offer letter can't be approved of their visas? Let me tell you why that suggestion is not right. IRCC clearly stated that applicants with conditional offer of acceptance can apply for their Visa provided that they can meet the conditions established on their acceptance letter. There are so many applicants who doesn't have strong academic background on their proposed program probably because they didn't study a course related program in their first degree, as a consequence the university issues them a conditional offer on the account that they must complete some prerequisite courses prior to their full acceptance into the main program. This has never pose to be a problem and majority of these applicants were approved because they have shown that the conditions can be met once they get into Canada.

In summary, applicants with conditional offer can apply for their visa and will not face any issues at the Visa processing office.

To support my claims, please see the attachment with this post from IRCC offical website.

Also see links to successful testimonies that got their visa on this thread with conditional acceptance.

I think it's more logical to advise the applicant to pay the compulsory $5k tuition deposit before applying than saying conditional acceptance is not eligible to apply for Visa.

SUCCESS STORY WITH CONDITIONAL OFFER 1.

SUCCESS STORY WITH CONDITIONAL OFFER 2.

Cc: DeeWan, please be properly guided.

It will end in praise.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by yeankux: 5:53pm On May 07, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Hello Yinka,

U can't do a Masters with an HND

Ur best options are either u go for a MicrioBiology Related Post Graduate Certificate Program or Post Graduate Diploma Course (PGC/PGD)

Or

Or u go for a PGD in Cyber Security, I.T Business Analysis, or a Telecoms Related field (if available) due to ur 7-years work experience

Possible Document Requirements for Admission to a PGD/PGC program (Most especially colleges in ONTARIO)

*Proof of Citizenship*
- Birth Certificate
- International passport Data Page (Valid one and has not expired, )

*Academic Documents*
-Certificate (Notarized)
- Transcript (Notarized)
Note: Some school ask for Notarized Documents, some don't ask

*Supporting Documents*
Recommendation letter
Letter of Confirmation of English Language proficiency from the school u graduated from (optional)
Cover Letter
Professional Certifications (If any)

Section for
Resume/CV

Thank you so much for this information. U can't imagine how much you help with this information.
Please I like to ask if you can help me with information of schools that can offer me admission with affordable school fees. I understand there are so much information on the Internet but you experience will streamline my search and also fast track my process.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Cflow10: 5:57pm On May 07, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Cflow10,

That of the parents would suffice and it should be well demonstrated otherwise it may result to insufficient funds. Given the personal and employment circumstances of the individual, including a personal BS even if the closing balance isn't in millions won't be used against the individual or application. Though if a reliable source of funds can't be demonstrated by the parents, it will lead to insufficient funds and personal status and current employment situation. On the other hand, the parents can just put in the LE into the account.

All the best

I missed this, please what’s LE?
And can anyone please shed light on this personal status and current employment situation thing ?

Thank y’all very much in advance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 6:22pm On May 07, 2020
librangyps:
Hello everyone,

I'm unable to get a stamped bank statement. My husband requested for one year bank statement from his bank via email but the pdf copy of his statement is not stamped and he insists he wont walk in to the bank this period that I can use it like that.

I have my own statement showing tuition for one year,

Scholarship to cover 1 year living expenses

I only needed his account as a co sponsor to show availability of more funds.

Can I use the bank statement like that?

Hello Librangyps,

There is no cause for alarm. Before the pandemic it has come resourceful and during this pandemic, it will be more resourceful. Go ahead and use it and if possible with a sentence or two, address it briefly in your Letter that you opt for the online or electronic generated BS because of the pandemic.

On their own, they will carry out their own verification process and if its still not satisfactory, they will request for it again.

All the best

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 6:26pm On May 07, 2020
silvamania:
Good afternoon everybody ,

Please am planning to include my share certificate as part of my applications but the issue is that my other name didn’t match with my new name

My dad bought the shares pre Waec

I don’t know if that raise a red flag during the application process

Hello Silvamania,

Which of the names and in what particular order? BTW an affidavit will suffice. Do well to include any financial document that can prove or support your financial strength.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 6:33pm On May 07, 2020
Chukwuemeka101:
Good morning, I intend reapplying again this weekend, please what are the likely questions CIC can ask my employer...

Hello Chukwuemeka101,

For SP application, this is rarely almost done but mostly done when there is some kind of discrepancies and suspiciousness. So, It may or may not happen and to stay safe, endeavour to brief and educate your employer about it on time.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 6:36pm On May 07, 2020
Flourhine:

Hello Flourhine,

Include it, its very compulsory. All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chukwuemeka101: 6:52pm On May 07, 2020
Anon123:

If you change, do u have a 4-5months payslips?

4 months, yes ,

December
January
February
March

No April because the whole world was on lock down ...

Second question,

Do they store my previous document somewhere aside my account? Or I can delete the old one from my account and put the new one, and the old one will not reflect
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Faithyyyyy: 6:54pm On May 07, 2020
Hello house, please is there anyone for Western University or University of Ottawa ? Thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chukwuemeka101: 6:58pm On May 07, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Chukwuemeka101,

For SP application, this is rarely almost done but mostly done when there is some kind of discrepancies and suspiciousness. So, It may or may not happen and to stay safe, endeavour to brief and educate your employer about it on time.

All the best

Thanks, I informed the HR today...

My major concern is if my previous employment letter i used to apply before will reflect , because i dont have a current 4 months pay slip all my pay slip for the previous one was 2019 pay slip
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 7:24pm On May 07, 2020
Good evening please is it Compulsory one must submit payslips ?
JustMellow:

Hello Flourhine,

Include it, its very compulsory. All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 7:31pm On May 07, 2020
Thanks for the guide but u skipped the question about the fees, whether it's yearly or termly. Basically, i saw over 5k for Master of Engineering.. Can this be year tuition?

Forgive my quest, which field of engineering are you studying? Did you submit ielts as a Nigerian?

Phatkayconcept:

Actually, I wrote GRE because I was initially interested in studying in the USA. But with Uwindsor, for my course, they didn't request for it, so I didn't submit it. However, if your course requires the GRE exam, it will be best you appear for the exam and Ace it as much as you can.

If you choose to apply without the consent of a supervisor, it's not a big deal. But then, ensure you at least meet the minimum requirements. Afterwards, there can only be two negative scenarios, they either switch you to course based or denial your application altogether.

If you are aiming for a course based program, I think the conventional practice is that 'you do not need a supervisor'.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 7:32pm On May 07, 2020
Annettevoke:

where did u get this info, they dont assume things they verify, u can use it. Pls don't give people heart attack, i used it like that.

Yea... sorry for the error...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 7:36pm On May 07, 2020
Chukwuemeka101:

4 months, yes ,

December
January
February
March

No April because the whole world was on lock down ...

Second question,

Do they store my previous document somewhere aside my account? Or I can delete the old one from my account and put the new one, and the old one will not reflect

U mean on the cic account.. have you been denied before... if yes obviously they have your previous docs, u also need to indicate the previous uci number
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 7:39pm On May 07, 2020
Adetayoade1:
Good evening please is it Compulsory one must submit payslips ?

Yes it helps to prove u are gainfully employed.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by librangyps(f): 8:01pm On May 07, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Librangyps,

There is no cause for alarm. Before the pandemic it has come resourceful and during this pandemic, it will be more resourceful. Go ahead and use it and if possible with a sentence or two, address it briefly in your Letter that you opt for the online or electronic generated BS because of the pandemic.

On their own, they will care out their own verification process and if its still not satisfactory, they will request for it again.

All the best

Thank you very much,
I've just been sitting here pondering and pondering...lol
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chukwuemeka101: 8:12pm On May 07, 2020
Anon123:

U mean on the cic account.. have you been denied before... if yes obviously they have your previous docs, u also need to indicate the previous uci number

Yes I was denied April 7th 2020..

Alright thanks...

Hope my new employment letter and new bank statement of account will not raise eye brawl
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 8:27pm On May 07, 2020
yeankux:

Thank you so much for this information. U can't imagine how much you help with this information.
Please I like to ask if you can help me with information of schools that can offer me admission with affordable school fees. I understand there are so much information on the Internet but you experience will streamline my search and also fast track my process.
Thank you
U are welcome

Well , i dnt know mch Affordable TUITION Fee Colleges,Cos every Program has different tuition fee,.., but u can check Conestoga College, ONTARIO, HOLLAND College at PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND (Very Cheap)
And Many colleges in the ATLANTIC CANADA e.g NEW BRUNSWICK, NOVA SCOTIA

Visit the Link below (Strictly Ontario Colleges )
Input the Grad.Program of ur choice,
it will bring out colleges in ONTARIO that has the Graduate Program u r looking forward..,
then visit the Sch. And check their tuition fees.. With that u gonna av an idea of what u might need to budget for
https://www.ontariocolleges.ca/en/programs/search?q=&page=0&by%5BProgramCredentialEnglish%5D%5B0%5D=Graduate%20Certificate

Explore the Colleges at ONTARIO
https://www.ontariocolleges.ca/en/colleges

I will advice u take ur time and check the school websites for all the details..

Find attached the attachment below...for Colleges and Programs in all Canadian Provinces

1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Phatkayconcept: 9:06pm On May 07, 2020
Great

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NoelAbi(m): 9:29pm On May 07, 2020
So in my case, i combined the letter of explanation and the Statement of Purpose.

The LOE simply talks about some particular things about your application which you think the Visa officer might misunderstand, your SOP talks about why you want to study what you are studying and how it might help you in Canada.

I was refused a visa twice so i needed both before i got granted the visa the third time.

I hope this helps you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tstunt: 9:33pm On May 07, 2020
Good evening

I have a question.

1. In the IMM 1234E form, there is a column in the personal information section that has "alias name"- if you were known by a previous name, you should include it. I'm asking because my share certificate bears my 3rd name in place of my second name while other documents I have does not have my 3rd name in them. I hold it won't affect my application?

2. I hope not paying tuition fee will not effect my application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Qudkom(m): 9:36pm On May 07, 2020
Chukwuemeka101:
Good morning, I intend reapplying again this weekend, please what are the likely questions CIC can ask my employer...
CIC almost never reach out to employees.however possible questions to ask include if you're working there, employment letter generated from them and authenticity of the company you work which can be done via open source searches.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dommakavelli: 9:42pm On May 07, 2020
Your question is not clear. How many names do you have on your birth certificate and passport? Are the names the same? Do you have another name on any of your documents that are not on your birth certificate and passport?

If you have John Doe Musa on your passport and your school certificate has only John Musa. the Alias doesn't apply to you. But if you have legally changed your name, maybe you got married and your surname changed, then the Alias section applies to you.

Tstunt:
Good evening

I have a question.

1. In the IMM 1234E form, there is a column in the personal information section that has "alias name"- if you were known by a previous name, you should include it. I'm asking because my share certificate bears my 3rd name in place of my second name while other documents I have does not have my 3rd name in them. I hold it won't affect my application?

2. I hope not paying tuition fee will not effect my application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chukwuemeka101: 9:49pm On May 07, 2020
Qudkom:

CIC almost never reach out to employees.however possible questions to ask include if you're working there, employment letter generated from them and authenticity of the company you work which can be done via open source searches.

Ok that's not a problem, my LinkedIn profile carries all that details ,in case they search via online with my name

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Flourhine: 10:06pm On May 07, 2020
Can 3.5million with car and in the name of the sponsor be enough
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Flourhine: 10:09pm On May 07, 2020
uote author=legit90 post=89294554]

I applied to the school too.. I think you just have to wait for them to tell you to send the required documents. [/quote]
I don't really get ur point which documents are u talking about again once u had been giving admission the only thing left for u is to process ur student visa so I seem not to understand what u are talking about
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by silvamania: 11:14pm On May 07, 2020
Good evening all

I just received my conditional offer of admission today . I used my unofficial transcript to apply and now they want me to submit my original university transcript( softcopy) but the major issue now is this covid 19
The staff are all at home and the university gave me till June 15th to submit the soft copy

I don’t know how to go about it because we don’t know how long this pandemic will last

Any advice please ??

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.