Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,856 members, 7,806,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (259) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1154013 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 24, 2020
Jesusrules24:
I would be travelling to Lagos for Biometrics. Can I just book for my medicals as well? I have not received medical request, but I have AIP.

I am trying to avoid travelling twice.

Kindly advice if it is possible to do medicals even when it has not been requested. And if yes, how do I send the result to Ircc afterwards?
yes you can book your medicals and do it when you come to Lagos
You would send a slip the hospital would give you to IRCC

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:23am On Aug 24, 2020
*Requirement for Biometrics*

Go with
(1) International passport
(2) 2 photocopies of your datapage. Write your email address and mobile number at the top of both pages.
(3) Print the IRCC letter of Biometrics
(4) Print the Confirmation of biometrics appointment sent to you by vfs.
(5) Pen to fill a form.
You are good to go.

In addition to the above, Canada Biometrics submission center is upstairs when u get to VFS office.
Meet the security at the entrance who will issue a ticket to you, then u will be directed to another security guard who will issue 2 consent forms for you to fill. After filling the forms, wait till ur ticket number is called. It's at the counter u will submit all the documents you came with including the form you just filled. Ur documents will be placed in a pouch and you will be directed to where ur Biometrics will be taken.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Minah2020: 9:36am On Aug 24, 2020
Tonyodg:

Go with
(2) 2 photocopies of your datapage. Write your email address and mobile number at the top of both pages.
(5) Pen to fill a form.
You are good to go.

Thanks for the information..

In addition to the above, Canada Biometrics submission center is upstairs when u get to VFS office.
Meet the security at the entrance who will issue a ticket to you, then u will be directed to another security guard who will issue 2 consent forms for you to fill. After filling the forms, wait till ur ticket number is called. It's at the counter u will submit all the documents you came with including the form you just filled. Ur documents will be placed in a pouch and you will be directed to where ur Biometrics will be taken.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadeMan01(m): 9:36am On Aug 24, 2020
Biometrics done. Thanks to all

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 9:37am On Aug 24, 2020
Tonyodg:

Go with
(5) Pen to fill a form.
You are good to go.

God Bless You Honorable

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 9:38am On Aug 24, 2020
MadeMan01:
Biometrics done. Thanks to all
Wow that was swift..

Oya share ur experience with us smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 9:39am On Aug 24, 2020
I don land for VAC . These tout guys dey misbehave o.
Advice to those on their way, as soon as you drop in front of the VAC just Waka enter the queue.just ignore any single person that approaches you, wether properly dressed or not it will save you. Cause some of them fit empty you, 2Mins

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 9:39am On Aug 24, 2020
Jesusrules24:
I would be travelling to Lagos for Biometrics. Can I just book for my medicals as well? I have not received medical request, but I have AIP.

I am trying to avoid travelling twice.

Kindly advice if it is possible to do medicals even when it has not been requested. And if yes, how do I send the result to Ircc afterwards?

Yes its possible .

The clinic sends the results themselves. Also you can send the slip they will give to you via webform.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 9:45am On Aug 24, 2020
NairaLuck:
I don land for VAC . These tout guys dey misbehave o.
Advice to those in their way, as soon as you drop in from of the VAC just Waka enter the queue. Just ignore any single person that approaches you, wether properly dressed or not it will save you. Cause some of them fit empty you, 2Mins
No be lie,
They wanna use Lagos street-wise brain for non-lagos residents

Thanks for the Update!!!!! U do well
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadeMan01(m): 9:47am On Aug 24, 2020
Lekiboboe:
Wow that was swift..

Oya share ur experience with us smiley

Got there 6.30 am to beat traffic from Egbeda.
By 7am queue had been forming outside.i joined queue at 8am as I was scared of crowd and my appointment was 9.20am.
By 9am, a staff of VFS came to announce that biometrics Canada was first and would be called in hourly batches. Mine was 9-10am. ( Advice for those booking to pick early hour if you don't want to waste time there. Pick later time if you may arrive late). A tout finally confirmed I don't need pictures for biometrics. He viewed the passport photos I had on me from home and said they were good and compliant to specifications but I don't need it for biometric as the VFS would capture my pics and finger prints. I tipped him N200 for being honest when I came out. Under 30minutes

Went in, filled 2 consent forms given by VFS staff and was 7th to be attended to. 15 booths so clients are speedily attended to for different stages. All the best to all. Go with pen so you won't be borrowing to fill form. All required docs:
2 copies coloured passport data page
1copy appointment letter
1copy Biometric Instruction Letter
Original passport

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jesusrules24: 9:53am On Aug 24, 2020
Tonyodg:
yes you can book your medicals and do it when you come to Lagos
You would send a slip the hospital would give you to IRCC

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 10:01am On Aug 24, 2020
MadeMan01:

By 7am queue had been forming outside.i joined queue at 8am as I was scared of crowd and my appointment was 9.20am.
By 9am, a staff of VFS came to announce that biometrics Canada was first and would be called in hourly batches. Mine was 9-10am. ( Advice for those booking to pick early hour if you don't want to waste time there. Pick later time if you may arrive late). A tout finally confirmed I don't need pictures for biometrics. He viewed the passport photos I had on me from home and said they were good and compliant to specifications but I don't need it for biometric as the VFS would capture my pics and finger prints. I tipped him N200 for being honest when I came out. Under 30minutes

Went in, filled 2 consent forms given by VFS staff and was 7th to be attended to. 15 booths so clients are speedily attended to for different stages. All the best to all. Go with pen so you won't be borrowing to fill form. All required docs:
1copy appointment letter
Wow, ok..Thanks for this honorable

I wish u that Congratulatory Approval Email & PPR

Remain Blessed!!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadeMan01(m): 10:03am On Aug 24, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Wow, ok..Thanks for this honorable

I wish u that Congratulatory Approval Email & PPR

Remain Blessed!!

Amen. Thanks. Wish you same

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by philonyx: 10:05am On Aug 24, 2020
MadeMan01:

1copy appointment letter

Please how can I get to their office from Iyanikpaja
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by owee: 10:07am On Aug 24, 2020
MadeMan01:

1copy appointment letter

Thanks for this. Contains all we need. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 10:12am On Aug 24, 2020
Lekiboboe:

No be lie,
They wanna use Lagos street-wise brain for non-lagos residents

Thanks for the Update!!!!! U do well

All this oyibo people nor get joy o.
It seems Ireland applicants and Denmark applicants are more than Canadian applicants.
I was wondering, is it due to high refusal in Canada or pandemic

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jermaineayo: 10:13am On Aug 24, 2020
Good morning @all

Please is there a thread on Nairaland for preparing to travel to Canada...like, I want to believe I've gotten my study permit.

So, I'm currently looking for a thread that talks about lifestyle, studies in general, opportunities for career advancement, skill acquisition programs and similar things within the afore mentioned category.

Please, kindly share a link to the thread in question...if you have one

Thank you!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 10:17am On Aug 24, 2020
Jermaineayo:
Good morning @all

Please is there a thread on Nairaland for preparing to travel to Canada...like, I want to believe I've gotten my study permit.

So, I'm currently looking for a thread that talks about lifestyle, studies in general, opportunities for career advancement, skill acquisition programs and similar things within the afore mentioned category.

Please, kindly share a link to the thread in question...if you have one

Thank you!

https://www.nairaland.com/4933819/living-canada-life-canadian-immigrant
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadeMan01(m): 10:20am On Aug 24, 2020
philonyx:

Please how can I get to their office from Iyanikpaja
Enter bus going to obalende , from there to ajah. Drop at Lekki third roundabout. Walk in or take shuttle to VFSGLOBAL opposite treasure garden estate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 10:26am On Aug 24, 2020
NairaLuck:

All this oyibo people nor get joy o.
It seems Ireland applicants and Denmark applicants are more than Canadian applicants.
I was wondering, is it due to high refusal in Canada or pandemic
To ur last sentence, it might be so..
Sometimes last year,
a guy told me about Denmark that they av lots of Tuition free Universities (bachelor's & Masters)

Also according to him,
Ireland seems to have a quite flexible and a non-harsh approach in decision making for international students applying to their tertiary institutions & Study Visa

But funny enough, they end up coming back to CANADA for Residence, Work purpose etc.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by justwise(m): 10:33am On Aug 24, 2020
Engager69:

@Justwise i no post any link here ooo, ABI you mistaking me for someone else?

It’s you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jesusrules24: 10:45am On Aug 24, 2020
I could not get an early date for biometrics in Lagos, so I am choosing Abuja instead.

I am trying to book for medicals in Abuja but the website is not so responsive. I have also tried calling the numbers on the website but they are switched off.

Has anyone done medicals in Abuja recently?

How did you book? Please help ASAP!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jermaineayo: 10:53am On Aug 24, 2020
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 24, 2020
Lekiboboe:

God Bless You Honorable
chief chief
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Osemigho: 10:55am On Aug 24, 2020
Iceman2020:
This is a very matured response. Obviously, you are already thinking and acting like a Canadian. If we can be giving constructive criticisms probably this country would be habitable for many.

Each time I see your write-up, I always read in between the lines as if I will be examined on your post.

You earlier talked about the confirmation of the AIP from a legal person or something.

Could you please tell us more?

Thank you once again for your beautiful assistance here.

Not a legal person. I was approached by someone with scholarship that was still rejected. As such, I now believe any AIP candidate is one step ahead.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 10:57am On Aug 24, 2020
Tonyodg:
chief chief
Odogwu, I greet u smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mantleouchtele: 11:04am On Aug 24, 2020
Good Morning All,

Please I had received Passport Request in March and had deferred my admission to December/January. My question is

1. Do I need to inform IRCC of deferring the admission

2. Is VFS collecting Passports now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 11:09am On Aug 24, 2020
Jesusrules24:
I could not get an early date for biometrics in Lagos, so I am choosing Abuja instead.

I am trying to book for medicals in Abuja but the website is not so responsive. I have also tried calling the numbers on the website but they are switched off.

Online booking seems to be the surest via their website
Try another Browser (like Google Chrome)

HOW TO BOOK FOR MEDICALS at IOMHAC Lagos or Abuja Center (Upfront Medical or if u got a Medical Invite)

1. I used their website and it worked fine for me. - https://mymedical.iom.int/apps/omas/

2) Go with your International passport. However, if you currently have a medical condition, go with your report and prescription.

3) If it is medical request, they won't give you anything to upload. If upfront, you will get a slip to upload.

4) Please do well to go there with proof of payment of medical fees.
I did not print my transfer slip and that caused a little delay for me. The officer wanted to send me out to print it but I had to practically force him to print it with the printer in the office.
This method may not work for everyone so please go there with the print out of your transfer. Also try to do the transfer two days before your appointment date. It'll make confirmation easy for you. In my case, the officer wrote "Pending" on my progress slip because they were yet to confirm transfer. Save yourself that hurdle.

Further advice:
- Go early. Book for 8am.
- Drink plenty of water before the medical screening.
- Relax, It takes approximately 2 hours 30 minutes. If you are healthy, you will be fine

Credits :@rebeccausoro

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebeccausoro(f): 11:12am On Aug 24, 2020
Finished my biometrics and it has been updated, barely 1 hour after I did it. cool cool

Medicals passed
Biometrics done
AIP received
PPR next.

So it will be for all of us.

19 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by joyenaholo11(f): 11:12am On Aug 24, 2020
Hi, I did mine last week.
The website doesn’t work, so you’ll have to send them an email and they’ll respond with what you need to do.

Jesusrules24:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 11:13am On Aug 24, 2020
Preshy2004:
Hello, great ones. Pls I want to find out if one can do medical without request from ircc. Because I will be going for biometric on the 1st and am going from Phc. I don't want to fly twice that is going for biometric and later going for medicals later. My boy submitted application on the 25th of june. He has gotten biometric message but no AIP and medical request yet. I don't want a situation whereby when asked for medical one has to fly down to Lagos again for the medical. So I am thinking if it is possible to do the medical at once and send it through a web form or what is the best way. Because I am optimistic that by God's grace he will be given an approval. Pls I need your advice Thank you

Hello Preshy2004,

You can go ahead with the upfront medicals. Just endeavour to book an appoint with either IOM or Qlife before embarking for the biometrics. For the booking use the search column in here to navigate your way to the right page where the information lies therein.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 11:30am On Aug 24, 2020
Ucy12:

Thanks so much , JustMellow. I really appreciate your candid suggestions and advice.
From the look of things, it appears I could even start online classes before my bill drops. And from resumption I think we all have about 3 weeks or so within which we must pay our fees. Is it reason enough for me to relax and wait for the outcome?
Just like you indicated, I would still find it difficult to concentrate with studies without knowing the outcome of my SP.
Note: I didn't do PCC because of lockdown et al, hope this won't be an issue. Though they indicated that I don't need submit other document, that they are complete.
Step in bro and throw more light.
Thanks so much in advance.

Hello Ucy12,

Three weeks is enough time to look out for the possibility of things to fall in place. However, I think you should carry your school along with any encounter you may experience. If you reason with them wisely, a sympathic extension may be granted. The early notice to them the better.

Given that most schools resumption will be commencing on 9th September or after, IRCC maybe working towards this timeframe to dole out their final decision. Though there may be exceptions given that Fall applicants have till September 15th to put in their applications. In my own observation, I think IRCC would process Fall 2021 applications from September through December along with Winter 2021 application. Reason being to the travel restriction in Canada and the 50% online studies outside Canada.

To your question on whether to relax or not, I believe your notes will be most appropriate to advise you. As usual, I believe SP applicants will still get the final decision without PCC. However, if its so required this time around, it will surely be requested.

All the best

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.