Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,883 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:30 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (262) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1149384 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ogedadiva: 7:32pm On Aug 24, 2020
Thank you very much!

Pee2Jay9:
I think that this lecturer may be the Head of graduate studies or something like that.. This his reply doesn't seem like an acceptance to me.
I'll advice you to reply specifically asking if you can fill his name in the column for Supervisor.. The excepted reply should be a certain yes or no, instead of this politically correct statement.

PS - I'll soon post my journey to gain admission.. This maple land waka is a hustle but we move grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 7:40pm On Aug 24, 2020
websta:
So a one year graduate Certificate course won't give me a stay in Canada?

A one year program won't give you 3yrs PGWP.. Meaning after the one year... You have few months to stay before you leave
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 7:41pm On Aug 24, 2020
websta:
I want to apply for a graduate Certificate program for one year because I'm transitioning into a new field. After the one year, I can apply for 1year MSc in that field. What do you think guys?

Again, will applying for a graduate Certificate of 1year affect my visa success?

The idea is good..

No a 1yr program doesnt affect your visa chances.. Visa approval lies with how you package your visa application

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jermaineayo: 7:46pm On Aug 24, 2020
Thank you!

Anon123:

It will be stamped in lagos, VI to be precise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 7:56pm On Aug 24, 2020
Jermaineayo:
Thank you!

No problem
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 8:11pm On Aug 24, 2020
[quote author=Preshy2004 post=93182802][/quote] u are welcome
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Londonboi7960(m): 8:21pm On Aug 24, 2020
NairaLuck:
I don land for VAC . These tout guys dey misbehave o.
Advice to those on their way, as soon as you drop in front of the VAC just Waka enter the queue.just ignore any single person that approaches you, wether properly dressed or not it will save you. Cause some of them fit empty you, 2Mins
Thanks nd God Bless for this useful information we go jam for there soon

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by TimAke: 8:48pm On Aug 24, 2020
olasubomy:
Good evening All,

I got an acceptance letter to UNB this morning but please i have some questions:

I have studied the estimated fees - $35,378.00 for the first year and $31,677.50 for the second year with total of $67,055.50 ( tutition, living, books and feeding expense inclusive) for the whole programme. While for tuition alone is $20,278.00 for the first year and $16,577.50 for the 2nd year resulting to $36,855.50 for the whole programme. Where i need clarification is minimum of how much should reflect in my sponsors account balance as a proof of funds to apply for Visa. i noticed the letter is a conditional offer - can one use a conditional offer for Visa application? Also for those very familiar with UNB please help.

Also, please can someone assist with a detailed list and first step in applying for study permit and how to go about it also docs to get ready. I am a novice in this area and willing to learn.
Yes you can apply with a conditional letter of admission. You can always submit the unconditional letter via a webform if you get it before a decision has been made.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mayored: 8:51pm On Aug 24, 2020
mayored:
Guys,

1. Pls how exactly should I request for my GCMS notes. I'll appreciate a guide as I'm new on that.
What to pay and how, anything to help.

2. If I get the notes, can I raise a web form in response if they are yet to finalize?

3. My friend was also a co-sponsor with me on my application. Can that be a reason they are yet to give any response since May.

4. Can a friend sponsor another friend.

No vex I beg.

Still waiting, gurus in the house.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Osemigho: 8:52pm On Aug 24, 2020
Ogedadiva:
Good afternoon wonderful people !
I am here again for your beautiful clarification.

I was here few months or thereabouts making enquiry about PhD programs. Adviced was given and so far I have messaged 13 lecturers for supervision.

One of the lecturers replied me today and I didn't understand whether he want to supervised me or not.

I also don't understand next line of action.

Please,I need your expertise advice and input.

Thank you very much for all things you all are doing here.

Attached is the response.

Someone already advise you to clarify the message. I will advise you to keep contacting potential supervisors until you strongly believe you have contacted all of them in Canada. Getting a supervisor is not easy and having one does not guarantee admission. So, I will advise you to have a minimum of three supervisors in three different schools and then apply to them.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 9:09pm On Aug 24, 2020
mayored:
Guys,

1. Pls how exactly should I request for my GCMS notes. I'll appreciate a guide as I'm new on that.
What to pay and how, anything to help.

2. If I get the notes, can I raise a web form in response if they are yet to finalize?

3. My friend was also a co-sponsor with me on my application. Can that be a reason they are yet to give any response since May.

4. Can a friend sponsor another friend.

No vex I beg.

Pls check your mail...

2)yes you can ... The gcms note gives you a broader view of what and what is delaying your application.

3) your friend being a co-sponsor isnt wat is delaying your application. It could be theres a document they need which they hardly send you mails to request unless you order the gcms note to see.
4) your friend can sponsor you as long as you show beyond doubt why your friend is sponsoring you. But its wise to use somebody closer..

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Bestvibe2020: 9:32pm On Aug 24, 2020
Hello house,
Good evening all
Please I applied for study permit on the 24 July but till now I haven't gotten any other update on my application
Status reads eligibility review on going and background check not applicable

Is it okay if I request for my GCMS notes to know the status of my application besides my school resumes September 8.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 9:34pm On Aug 24, 2020
websta:
So a one year graduate Certificate course won't give me a stay in Canada?

This matter has been discussed by many experienced ones on this thread and very detailed explanation given. That is why new ones are always adviced to read from the beginning. The information you will get from reading it yourself cannot be supplied in any other way. Please start at the beginning of the thread and be reading it slowly. You will learn a lot. I personally read from “season 12” grin and with the information I have got from these threads, I am sure I can even serve as an agent set. grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Engager69: 9:42pm On Aug 24, 2020
[quote author=mayored post=93186553]

Still waiting, gurus in the house.[
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 9:45pm On Aug 24, 2020
Bestvibe2020:
Hello house,
Good evening all
Please I applied for study permit on the 24 July but till now I haven't gotten any other update on my application

Is it okay if I request for my GCMS notes to know the status of my application besides my school resumes September 8.

Yes please

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Bestvibe2020: 9:48pm On Aug 24, 2020
Thank you
Please could anyone that has obtained their notes walk me through the process I will greatly appreciate .
Anon123:

Yes please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fgmp12: 10:13pm On Aug 24, 2020
mayored:

Still waiting, gurus in the house.
1- A google search of GCMS note will get you websites of where to get the note.
2- Having your friend as a Co-Sponsor can be a reason for your visa delay provided you didn’t explain better why he’s sponsoring you and what he stands to gain from the sponsorship. You need to make the VO understand why your friend is sponsoring.
3- A friend can sponsor another friend provided he gives genuine and convincing reason why he’s willing to pay for his/her education and what he will gain in return.
Realistically and I’m sure not trying to be unkind,the odd for a successful visa application with a friend being a Co-Sponsor is low.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fgmp12: 10:18pm On Aug 24, 2020
Bestvibe2020:
Hello house,
Good evening all

Yes please do sharply!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Engager69: 10:22pm On Aug 24, 2020
Luckymama:

This matter has been discussed by many experienced ones on this thread and very detailed explanation given. That is why new ones are always adviced to read from the beginning. The information you will get from reading it yourself cannot be supplied in any other way. Please start at the beginning of the thread and be reading it slowly. You will learn a lot. I personally read from “season 12” grin and with the information I have got from these threads, I am sure I can even serve as an agent set. grin grin grin

Did same thing started from part 13
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ericksen(m): 10:31pm On Aug 24, 2020
For those that went for their biometrics collection today, how much did it cost and hope I can pay with my atm card?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 10:33pm On Aug 24, 2020
ericksen:
For those that went for their biometrics collection today, how much did it cost and hope I can pay with my atm card?

If your application is online .. You have already paid for it wen u applied for visa..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Rubbie21: 10:35pm On Aug 24, 2020
Wow! So even having a supervisor doesn't guarantee admission Please do you have an idea why this happens? Lack of funding? Departmental decision?

Please, would appreciate if you throw more light on this @Osemigho or anyone who has a broad knowledge on this, so as to know what to look out for or if this is completely beyond the applicant's control.

Thank you
Osemigho:

Someone already advise you to clarify the message. I will advise you to keep contacting potential supervisors until you strongly believe you have contacted all of them in Canada. Getting a supervisor is not easy and having one does not guarantee admission. So, I will advise you to have a minimum of three supervisors in three different schools and then apply to them.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Esom16(f): 11:41pm On Aug 24, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Online booking seems to be the surest via their website
Try another Browser (like Google Chrome)

HOW TO BOOK FOR MEDICALS at IOMHAC Lagos or Abuja Center (Upfront Medical or if u got a Medical Invite)

1. I used their website and it worked fine for me. - https://mymedical.iom.int/apps/omas/

2) Go with your International passport. However, if you currently have a medical condition, go with your report and prescription.

3) If it is medical request, they won't give you anything to upload. If upfront, you will get a slip to upload.

4) Please do well to go there with proof of payment of medical fees.
I did not print my transfer slip and that caused a little delay for me. The officer wanted to send me out to print it but I had to practically force him to print it with the printer in the office.
This method may not work for everyone so please go there with the print out of your transfer. Also try to do the transfer two days before your appointment date. It'll make confirmation easy for you. In my case, the officer wrote "Pending" on my progress slip because they were yet to confirm transfer. Save yourself that hurdle.

Further advice:
- Go early. Book for 8am.
- Drink plenty of water before the medical screening.
- Relax, It takes approximately 2 hours 30 minutes. If you are healthy, you will be fine

Credits :@rebeccausoro

Goodevening. Hope you all are good. Firstly, I have tried booking the Abuja office online for my medicals but its still not going through. I have emailed as well but no reply. Please how else do I go about it.
Secondly, please who knows the VAC office in Abuja. I'm confused.. Is it Silverbird Entertainment Centre, 1161 Memorial Drive, Central Business District, Abuja or Sterling Bank Plaza, 3rd Floor, Plot 1083 Mohammadu Buhari Way, Central Business District 900211, Abuja.
Thank you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nwannediutor: 11:48pm On Aug 24, 2020
Esom16:

Goodevening. Hope you all are good. Firstly, I have tried booking the Abuja office online for my medicals but its still not going through. I have emailed as well but no reply. Please how else do I go about it.
Secondly, please who knows the VAC office in Abuja. I'm confused.. Is it Silverbird Entertainment Centre, 1161 Memorial Drive, Central Business District, Abuja or Sterling Bank Plaza, 3rd Floor, Plot 1083 Mohammadu Buhari Way, Central Business District 900211, Abuja.
Thank you.

Sterling bank plaza.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Esom16(f): 12:10am On Aug 25, 2020
Nwannediutor:

Sterling bank plaza.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Abeeb23: 12:27am On Aug 25, 2020
Hello good people I’m new on here, please is there validity for Canada student visa fee?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by sonofakin: 1:18am On Aug 25, 2020
Different factors are likely. Note that the supervisor might tell you to apply if they like your profile, have money to fund you, and have a space in their lab for you. However, a supervisor might not necessarily commit to only you. For example, he might have just one space in his lab, different applicants might have approached him and to make it competitive, he tells everyone that fits his standard to apply and together with the admissions committee, they end up choosing the best after reviewing the documents of the applicants. So ofcourse having a supervisor does not guarantee admission. Also, remember that you only sent a skeletal part of your application package when you contact a supervisor by email. By the time you apply, you include other documents like recommendation letters and SOP, all of which can make or break you. Ultimately, getting a supervisor is not easy, some people send up to 200 emails. You end up scraping different schools website, constantly adjusting your research interest, stuffs like that. Just keep putting in the effort. Ofcourse it can be frustrating
Rubbie21:
Wow! So even having a supervisor doesn't guarantee admission Please do you have an idea why this happens? Lack of funding? Departmental decision?

Please, would appreciate if you throw more light on this @Osemigho or anyone who has a broad knowledge on this, so as to know what to look out for or if this is completely beyond the applicant's control.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Osemigho: 2:05am On Aug 25, 2020
sonofakin:
Different factors are likely. Note that the supervisor might tell you to apply if they like your profile, have money to fund you, and have a space in their lab for you. However, a supervisor might not necessarily commit to only you. For example, he might have just one space in his lab, different applicants might have approached him and to make it competitive, he tells everyone that fits his standard to apply and together with the admissions committee, they end up choosing the best after reviewing the documents of the applicants. So ofcourse having a supervisor does not guarantee admission. Also, remember that you only sent a skeletal part of your application package when you contact a supervisor by email. By the time you apply, you include other documents like recommendation letters and SOP, all of which can make or break you. Ultimately, getting a supervisor is not easy, some people send up to 200 emails. You end up scraping different schools website, constantly adjusting your research interest, stuffs like that. Just keep putting in the effort. Ofcourse it can be frustrating

Great response. Another thing is the departmental quota system. Some departments have limits to the number of students a prof can supervise or the admission committee may decide to give certain profs more student than others. Some profs don’t even know if they have reached their limit or not. Some of them hate and don’t follow up with paperwork/non-academic stuffs like that.

Also, some departments, particularly those that offer full scholarships, limit the number of international students they can take. International students funding will take higher chunk of their budget, due to high tuition fees, compare to local students.

Finally, Canada has few universities for its increasing pool of international students. That is why it is harder to get fully funded masters thesis or PhD admission with low grade, anything less than 4.0, in Canada, something that is possible in the US due to high number of universities.

As such, you should apply to more than one Canada graduate university program with supervisors to increase your chances. Otherwise, you may have to wait another one year if the only one or two you applied to did not offer you a seat. At this stage, your potential supervisor will likely just wish you best of luck for the future.

People say experience is the best teacher. However, you can learn from others and don’t have to be the one that experienced it. I experienced it and it was a huge blow. It took time for me to recover and not without encouragement from others.

All the best.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Flourhine: 5:39am On Aug 25, 2020
Thanks so much for this bro I just click on the link and did everything necessary but after getting to mail in order to activate it's telling me an error request I also copy the link from the mail to open in new tab but it's still telling me error request what might be the cause?[quoteor=librangyps post=93179358]

https://www.vfsglobal.com/en/individuals/index.html[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ericksen(m): 6:58am On Aug 25, 2020
Oh. That’s true!
Thank you very much. I applied online.
Anon123:

If your application is online .. You have already paid for it wen u applied for visa..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Genevach(m): 7:35am On Aug 25, 2020
Good day please, my sponsor is a family friend, he has inflow and outflow of 30-50m but he currently has 5m in his, account he is an importer millions enters and goes out

He is willing to give me both personal account and business account. What should be the minimum amount if he joins both together
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 7:47am On Aug 25, 2020
Good morning guys,
Why do we always choose IOM over Q-LIFE for Medical screening?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.