Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,680 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:18 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1154881 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:26pm On May 08, 2020
My attention got caught
With a study permit one can travel to the USA ?
Do you have to apply for a B1 visa or how does it work please ?
Naijaforeigner:

Don't be sorry for asking questions bro.

That's all lies. Many international students travel back to their country once they are done with their program. On completion of your program, PGWP application takes 3 -4 months. So many students spend that time in their country to chill and then come back to Canada close to when their PGWP will be ready and it has no -ve effect on your PR. The most important thing is for your visa to be valid upon return to Canada.

While having your programs, you are also allowed to travel. I travelled to USA last year and yes I will be in Nigeria towards the end of the year when it is very safe to travel. Lots of international students go to USA for summer/spring breaks.

However, don't leave Canada to Nigeria while still a student except you have a very good reason. Those immigration officials at POE will ask you funny questions when returning.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dommakavelli: 10:33pm On May 08, 2020
You can go anywhere you want as long as your visa is valid for multiple entries. Just don't go to war zones lol. They will probably ask you questions if you go to Syria, but that still doesn't mean they won't let you in unless there is a security reason.
I remember when I was still using visa and I went to Nigeria. The CBSA officer told me, "Welcome home"... He sweet my belle die.

Lekiboboe:

Really, so for instance, if one is schooling in Canada, and intends to travel to U.S. or Probably Nigeria during Xmas or any other holiday while ur study permit is still active, is it allowed ?

Thanks...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Naijaforeigner: 10:41pm On May 08, 2020
Adetayoade1:
My attention got caught
With a study permit one can travel to the USA ?
Do you have to apply for a B1 visa or how does it work please ?

Oh yes you need a USA tourist visa to travel to USA. You will apply for it.

I had mine before I moved to Canada.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Naijaforeigner: 10:43pm On May 08, 2020
dommakavelli:
You can go anywhere you want as long as your visa is valid for multiple entries. Just don't go to war zones lol. They will probably ask you questions if you go to Syria, but that still doesn't mean they won't let you in unless there is a security reason.
I remember when I was still using visa and I went to Nigeria. The CBSA officer told me, "Welcome home"... He sweet my belle die.

Welcome home, I love that grin

lekiboboe, your question has been answered.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Naijaforeigner: 10:54pm On May 08, 2020
Ujeinijobog:

Thank you so much for your response @Naijaforeigner. It's really helpful! But please, I don't have enough cash in my account. I used most of the money in my account for schools applications (I applied to 10 schools in different jurisdictions). As such, will it still be a good idea to attach my SOA even though I don't really have money in my account?

10 schools shocked

Honestly, If I were in your shoes, I will not because I have nothing in my account. However, including it will not harm your application if you choose to. Its solely your decision to make.

You have fully funded scholarship and your mum will take care of living expenses. Make sure you include all other necessary documents and your application is good to go.

I wish you all the best.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Phatkayconcept: 11:17pm On May 08, 2020
Naijaforeigner:

Don't be sorry for asking questions bro.

That's all lies. Many international students travel back to their country once they are done with their program. On completion of your program, PGWP application takes 3 -4 months. So many students spend that time in their country to chill and then come back to Canada close to when their PGWP will be ready and it has no -ve effect on your PR. The most important thing is for your visa to be valid upon return to Canada.

While having your programs, you are also allowed to travel. I travelled to USA last year and yes I will be in Nigeria towards the end of the year when it is very safe to travel. Lots of international students go to USA for summer/spring breaks.

However, don't leave Canada to Nigeria while still a student except you have a very good reason. Those immigration officials at POE will ask you funny questions when returning.

Thanks so much bro, I'm well educated with your kind explanation.

Very appreciated!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Austacus: 11:22pm On May 08, 2020
dommakavelli:

I had the same experience when I came back from cuba, the CBSA said ”welcome home”, dude also said I look like his favorite basketball player.., can't remember the name of the player cause I a not into basketball. He had to call the attention of his fellow CBSA to confirm if I really look like the player. And lo, I actually look like the player.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SetZ(m): 11:36pm On May 08, 2020
Hi beautiful ladies and gents please I am faced with a dilemma OK a very close brother of mine applied for study permit same as me around February but has not gotten any response from the embassy I have asked him to send mails but the real issue has to do with the fact that his admission was for may 1st he has been trying to defer but the process seams too slow and proving abortive due to covid issue please need advice on what we can do next

Plz would really need an urgent and nice response thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Taciturnity: 12:02am On May 09, 2020
Lekiboboe:
u are welcome, Alright
just sent you an email
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by legit90: 1:32am On May 09, 2020
legit90:
hello house,

please how does one apply for school transcript online without traveling to the school?

Please o someone should help out on this.

And who among us here also applied in Lakehead University, Ontario?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ujeinijobog: 2:39am On May 09, 2020
Naijaforeigner:

10 schools shocked

Honestly, If I were in your shoes, I will not because I have nothing in my account. However, including it will not harm your application if you choose to. Its solely your decision to make.

You have fully funded scholarship and your mum will take care of living expenses. Make sure you include all other necessary documents and your application is good to go.

I wish you all the best.

Alright! Thank you so much @NaijaForeigner. God bless you! I'm super grateful for your advice.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 2:41am On May 09, 2020
legit90:
hello house,

please how does one apply for school transcript online without traveling to the school?

Many schools use etx. Google etx and see if your school is among the schools that use it. But Nigerian factor is still there o. Even after applying online you will probably still need someone on ground to go and “grease” the application if not it won’t progress.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by TheBeat: 5:17am On May 09, 2020
Chimzy4real:
People that have sent transcript to mun please what address did you use as recipient details

Please reply urgently needed. Thanks
@Cflow10
For St John's campus I used this:

School of Graduate Studies
IIC-2012, Bruneau Centre for Research and Innovation
Memorial University of Newfoundland
230 Elizabeth Avenue
St. John’s, Newfoundland, Canada
A1C 5S7
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by TheBeat: 5:29am On May 09, 2020
Chimzy4real:
Ignore the application beneath it, i created that by mistake. It is telling me application in progress
The one i submitted just disappeared. Tho they haven't sent me an MUN number yet. Please am i safe.
@NwanyiOkpa
Usually 24 hours after application, you can have your MUN number and a dash board to monitor correspondence. Once they receive any official document in support of your application, they will upload it with date.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ivygive: 5:37am On May 09, 2020
Phatkayconcept:

Considering that your proposed course is being offered in limited schools, that means there will be very limited professors available and more fewer willing to take students.
Now what should you do? If you want it so badly, you need to do something really unique. You gotta stand out in result, research, packaging, and of course, in GRACE!

Firstly do you meet the minimum requirements of these schools?
Do you have a direct interest in the research scope of some of the professors?

Assuming you met the above, now begin to do things differently. Connect with the potential profs on research network, such as Google scholars, researchgate and others. Build connection by commenting and appraising their publications. I recommend you read, critique, and give a future-oriented summary of their publications. And finally, express your interest in working on similar areas.

You may just be lucky!

Thanks a lot

Hi
I followed these steps from the previous thread and they were really helpful but I haven't been successful either. I'm applying for either a masters or PhD in construction related fields but the schools are limited. Concordia and University of Alberta are the likely institutions but I haven't gotten response. Instead it's the colleges that have such courses. Please what do you advise. I was denied that year for applying for a PGDc having a masters in construction management already. Please guys any suggestions.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 7:40am On May 09, 2020
Naijaforeigner:

Welcome home, I love that grin

lekiboboe, your question has been answered.
Oh Yes.. @Naijaforeigner... cool
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 7:41am On May 09, 2020
dommakavelli:

Alright.
..Roger that.... &
Thanks for the enlightenment smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 7:42am On May 09, 2020
Taciturnity:
just sent you an email
have Responded
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jasiro: 8:05am On May 09, 2020
Please, is there no legit nairaland thread for working in Canada? Help a brother.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 8:41am On May 09, 2020
dommakavelli:
I remember when I was still using visa and I went to Nigeria. *The CBSA officer told me, "Welcome home"... He sweet my belle die*.

cheesy I pray this is me soon [b][/b]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by wunmi38: 9:16am On May 09, 2020
Good day all,
I need someone to assist a requested for help but I have googled for days to seek for assistance but no luck. He was to go for a post graduate program in canada, his last education was 2011 and he has worked for 10years plus in administrative area and wants to go for Msc but wants to know the which school he can apply through and will be able to have a POF of 10M ninja money. The journey will include his small family of three
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sleezycarter: 10:55am On May 09, 2020
??
Sleezycarter:
Anybody got approval within last month from Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by silvamania: 11:34am On May 09, 2020
Hello All,

Please who is going for MBA at University of New Brunswick September 2020

Please reach out to me

Also , can I use a 4 month electronic bank statement as POF ??

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 11:54am On May 09, 2020
Pls someone or as many persons as possible should pls state ALL the reasons so far known on why the VO will not issue study permit. This knowledge will help guide our application and reduce the number of questions asked on it.

Wish i could add, but I'm yet to even secure an admission. I'm just thinking proactively.. Thank you for responding

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Yads97: 12:01pm On May 09, 2020
Sleezycarter:
??

Yes. Someone got approved some days ago.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chimzy4real: 12:05pm On May 09, 2020
Ok. Understood

Naijaforeigner:

You will understand better when you come in. Visa is for traveling in and outside Canada.

Yeah, type of visa and being inside Canada is different. The most important document you need as a student inside Canada is your study permit. Once your study permit is valid, you have nothing to worry about. Your study permit must not expire before you either renew it or switch to another visa type, usually PGWP, while in Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chimzy4real: 12:05pm On May 09, 2020
Ok

Stevenssen:

yeah you're quite right. I'm talking about student visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Faith243: 12:15pm On May 09, 2020
Yads97:

Please i received BVL on the 24th of April without medicals and up till date i haven't received any update yet. Please is there anyone one with similar situation?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 12:37pm On May 09, 2020
silvamania:
Hello All,

Please who is going for MBA at University of New Brunswick September 2020

Please reach out to me

Also , can I use a 4 month electronic bank statement as POF ??

Thank you

At the bolded you can use 4 months electronic signed and stamped copy of your passport as POF.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 12:43pm On May 09, 2020
wunmi38:
Good day all,
I need someone to assist a requested for help but I have googled for days to seek for assistance but no luck. He was to go for a post graduate program in canada, his last education was 2011 and he has worked for 10years plus in administrative area and wants to go for Msc but wants to know the which school he can apply through and will be able to have a POF of 10M ninja money. The journey will include his small family of three

The 10M as POF is insufficient to pursue a masters in any administrative programs in Canada considering that his family of three (3) will be accompanying him to Canada. MBA programs and other related administrative programs are very expensive in Canada and the tuition fees range is between 28k to 36k for a entire duration of the program. With that said, the applicant should consider applying alone while his family remains behind in Nigeria as a tie in his application. More so, applicant should increase his POF as the stated funds might not be able to cover for his fees alone in Canada.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 12:51pm On May 09, 2020
Jasiro:
Please, is there no legit nairaland thread for working in Canada? Help a brother.

Securing a job offer is almost impossible from Nigeria. Beware of any compensated agents or consultants that will guarantee you a job offer in Canada. As a matter of fact, due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic most companies in Canada are not recruiting foreign workers instead some employers are laying off workers as a result of decreased business capitalization.

Your viable option to emigrate successfully to Canada is to apply for the study permit (which is the most expensive route) or through the express entry (federal skilled workers program).

It will end in praise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sleezycarter: 1:00pm On May 09, 2020
Wow I applied since last year , yet to get any feedback and d mumu agency I used already switched off their office line .. is it safe to go to the embassy with the print out to confirm the status
Yads97:

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.