Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,811 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:24 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (275) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1149327 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Annettevoke(f): 3:22pm On Aug 28, 2020
Have u received AIP and when did u apply? timeline pls?

Tamilore0812:
Good afternoon,please I have been asked for my medicals,please I would like to know how much is Qlife medicals and Iom medicals..thank you very much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SKEPTA: 3:30pm On Aug 28, 2020
Tamilore0812:
okay thank you..so how do I pay for Qlife please..since they said you have to pay before making an appointment

send an email to : canadamedicals@qlifefamilyclinic.com to book an appointment, you pay with your card when you get there

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 3:49pm On Aug 28, 2020
RKO1702:
Hi everyone,
I have been going through the thread and still trying to catch up, however, I’ll just like to ask my question as I haven’t found anyone in my situation per se.
I’m a PR and I want to apply for a student visa for my younger brother (16 years) to come to study here by next year fall(FALL 2021) in Canada in a school that’s in my province.
I have seen the requirements and documents I need to provide and I'm fine with that. He’s currently rounding up his WAEC and I know how to go about getting him admission, my concerns are around the visa itself. i'm trying to arm myself with enough information so i'll be prepared when we apply.

Here are my questions:
1. The plan is that our dad would be his main sponsor, but I would handle his living and feeding expenses and honestly, if I didn’t read this thread I would have mentioned that, but based on what I’ve read now, I feel like I shouldn’t mention that as it may prove strong ties in Canada and his visa may be denied. Should we just say my dad would be his main sponsor and not mention me as a co-sponsor at all.
2. Does he still need SOP, considering he’s just rounding up secondary school, I noticed there’s still a questionnaire that we would need to fill when applying?
3. Can someone please point me to anyone else that was in this situation and I can read up on that person’s profile.
4. Because he isn’t 18 yet, is there any other thing I’ll have to do or that I might have missed.
5. I’m honestly considering using an agent instead because I have seen a lot of refusals and this study permit is even looking difficult than when I applied for PR. What do you guys think?.
6. Are there any extra documents I should add apart from those that are being asked already, considering he’s just finishing secondary school and has no work experience
7. How do I prove family ties in Nigeria, I’m the only one here(Canada) and our parents and siblings are still in Nigeria. Any ideas on this, please.
I know my questions are plenty, but please kindly answer them if you can or point me in the right direction and I can read up.

Thanks in advance.

Hello RKO1702,

As a minor, it is required that there is an authorized custodian in Canada while he study. As his biological sibling in Canada, this could drag towards a positive and a negative. A positive in the sense that standing as a custodian further strengthens his financial status whilst being negative in the focal view of his home ties. However, for minors, the former can always outweigh the latter through linking him to his(your) dad's landed properties and/or private investments.

I am trying to say that if you're going to be his custodian in Canada which is only right since you're a PR and with his DLI in same province, it makes proper sense to also act as his cosponsor. In this case your Letter of Cosponsorship should be accompanied with an IMM 5646e form. I want to believe you already know the other required supporting documents.

It will only do more good than harm to his application if a succinct SOP is included. This should focus mostly on his study intent and aspiration thereafter. Whether a minor or not, everybody have serious ambition, intent, aspiration. For example, minors up to 10 may aspire to be grown-ups quickly so they could afford that junks and tasty chocolates.

The use of an agent is a choice decision especially if you come in contact with the one most reliable. However, the application process is a straightforward step that can be done without needing to involve a third party. The decision lies on your shoulders.

The main focus for him as a minor should be on funds and home ties. In support to the already mentioned, family is another one.

All the best

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 4:07pm On Aug 28, 2020
Tamilore0812:
okay thank you..so how do I pay for Qlife please..since they said you have to pay before making an appointment
For Q-LIFE you can pay on the day of your screening. Book and confirm your appointment date and time by email.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 4:11pm On Aug 28, 2020
I did my biometric today. I was close to being denied access to the place because of an error I made when applying.
After I booked the appointment, I didn’t get any email so I booked another appointment.. then I got the confirmation mail and shortly after I got another confirmation for the first application.
I got there today and they said my name was reflecting two times and that I have to cancel those appointments and book another one ��
The actor in me came out real quick, I started crying and begging (no time)
They sha eventually allowed me in.

So if you haven’t booked yet and you find yourself in that situation where you do not get a confirmation mail immediately, please wait for some time before doing another.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 4:13pm On Aug 28, 2020
chloe3:
Hello gurus in the house, please help me with a constructive approach to my situation. I applied for study permit since June 6th I have not heard from the embassy again after my biometrics request, I applied for GCM note today. After a thorough search online about the study permit application, I feel I did not support my application with enough home ties (documents). Here is my situation my mum and Dad is dead and we are 5 in the family aside from my step siblings which I didn’t include in my application. 3 of my siblings are not in Nigeria (one of them is my sponsor) and my sister here with me is married already with kids. On my application I presented a study leave and didn’t include a payslip or bank statement because my boss mostly pay me cash and do transfer sometimes. My dad left us with a gas station which I placed it on lease till 2021 to arrange the burial. I have original document for the property (land survey, building plan ) except the resolution of the company board member which is a photocopy(and i am the second in place to make decisions aside my dad) and original of CAC certificate. should I send this document through web form to support my application, which includes landed property, CAC registration which are all in my dads name? Please advise

Hello Chloe3,

Does the landed property connect with your return and is there evidence that clearly show the connection, especially having your name imprinted in most of the sensitive documents?! If there is, with a terse LOE, send through CSE along with your BS. As a matured applicant, its advised to attach one even without the payslip.

For those people who have gotten their GCMS notes, kindly share any resourceful updates so we can begin to assume again.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 28, 2020
Annettevoke:
Have u received AIP and when did u apply? timeline pls?

no I haven't,I applied early july and I was received my medical request today

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 28, 2020
SKEPTA:

send an email to : canadamedicals@qlifefamilyclinic.com to book an appointment, you pay with your card when you get there
thank you very much I'll do that right now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 4:21pm On Aug 28, 2020
bravolyk:
Marriage certificate
Documents of 3 landed properties ( one has a building on it)
Are these enough to serve as home ties for me?

My dad is my sponsor.

@frankrobbn1 and the house �

Hello Bravolyk,

All are well-sufficient. The most important thing is dotting your "i" and crossing your "t" with your letter. Avoid just dumping documents.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jayrouce: 4:21pm On Aug 28, 2020
I did upfront.

MadeMan01:

Congratulations..
Where did you do you medicals. Was it upfront or after it was requested
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 4:30pm On Aug 28, 2020
Lanrelala:
I greet the gurus in the house. I want to reapply for a study permit. I have a sibling and his family in Canada who applied for asylum two years ago and it hasn't been approved. However, he is there working legally as their law permits those waiting for their approval to work.

In my first application, although he was in Canada then, I listed him as my sibling and wrote his address as being in Nigeria. I ordered GCMS note after denial and didn't see anything to indicate they figured it out or denied me because of him. We do not have the same surname. He uses my dad's first name why I am using my grandfather's name as surname.

Should I still list him as being in Nigeria on my reapplication? What are my chances? Thanks.

Hello Lanrelala,

...then you should base your reapplication on the details and concerns in the notes. Leave all sensitive information unchanged.

When did you apply, refused, and requested for your notes?

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 4:32pm On Aug 28, 2020
Tamilore0812:
no I haven't,I applied early july and I was received my medical request today

Can you please give the specific date you applied for the sake of July applicants.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Annettevoke(f): 4:37pm On Aug 28, 2020
@Justmellow, What do u think of this situation is it still a good sign to get medical request like it use to be? because i got medical request too since July 22nd and medical passed August 5th, but no AIP yet. Patiently waiting and have requested for GCMS note anyways.
JustMellow:

Can you please give the specific date you applied for the sake of July applicants.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lanrelala: 4:42pm On Aug 28, 2020
Thank you so much. I applied January 2020, denied February, Got GCMS April.
The reasons for denial on the GCMS was employment situation, family ties, finance and travel history.

As at my first application, I was unemployed and used my startup as occupation. Got a job February and been working.

Family ties: I'm now attaching all birth certificates of my family and photos, including story of my mum being a widow and dependent on me.

Finance: payed first semester tuition of $6000 and attached receipt, payslips for 3 months, personal acct with closing balance of 1.4m and sponsor's (my brother) account of $25,000

Travel history: none, explained why in my LOE

JustMellow:

Hello Lanrelala,

...then you should base your reapplication on the details and concerns in the notes. Leave all sensitive information unchanged.

When did you apply, refused, and requested for your notes?

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Halifaxguy: 4:44pm On Aug 28, 2020
It seems that for MAY applicants there have not been any updates about their applications. I submitted my younger bro application on May 30, but no sort of updates from cic till now. Does it mean that the visa officers handling May applications are on vacation? Can May applicants update us here about the status of their applications?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Mobi22: 5:25pm On Aug 28, 2020
Halifaxguy:
It seems that for MAY applicants there have not been any updates about their applications. I submitted my younger bro application on May 30, but no sort of updates from cic till now. Does it mean that the visa officers handling May applications are on vacation? Can May applicants update us here about the status of their applications?

I'm gonna die soon
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 28, 2020
Mobi22:

I'm gonna die soon
you won’t
good news coming ,try and get those notes too if you can
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kayice001: 5:36pm On Aug 28, 2020
good evening house and also to the seniors in the house, i submitted my application August 6 and i've also done my biometrics which have been updated on my profile , i was going through my documents again when i realized i left the space for "UCI" blank, i didn't know what it was and it totally escaped me . is it necessary that i take a webform to address it or could this have any effect on my application , besides that everything looks ok , i appreciate any assistance in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fgmp12: 5:39pm On Aug 28, 2020
Mobi22:

I'm gonna die soon
Keep your head up, very very soon!
You’ll not die in Jesus name..�

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fgmp12: 5:45pm On Aug 28, 2020
Kayice001:
good evening house and also to the seniors in the house, i submitted my application August 6 and i've also done my biometrics which have been updated on my profile , i was going through my documents again when i realized i left the space for "UCI" blank, i didn't know what it was and it totally escaped me . is it necessary that i take a webform to address it or could this have any effect on my application , besides that everything looks ok , i appreciate any assistance in advance
I’m guessing your didn’t write your UCI while filling your biometrics form huh?
I don’t think that’s a problem since it has already been updated on your app.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 5:48pm On Aug 28, 2020
Toluchenko:

Thanks @Lekiboboe, @hollivile, @JustMellow and everyone for the advise.

I filled the questionnaire and the required documents spooled out for my profile are; Application for study permit made outside of Canada (IMM1294), Letter of acceptance, International Passport, Proof of funds, Passport Photo, Family Information, Application for a Temporary Resident Visa made outside Canada (IMM5257) and Letter of explanation.

There were NO Letter of employment, letter of introduction of employer, payslip, degree cerificate, transcript, nysc cerificate and the others in the required documents to provide.

The list looks really weird (quite easy) though, compared to what I was expecting...I hope I am not mixing things up (cause I am wondering why my profile does not require at least my BSc certificate and transcripts)??
Also take note of this dashboard, so you know the appropriate categories to upload your documents

DETAILED LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR STUDY VISA AND THEIR APPROPRIATE CATEGORIES FOR UPLOAD

Application for study permit made outside of Canada (IMM1294) (required) - Complete, save and Upload the study permit form.

Passport (required) - Upload your international passport.

Letter of Acceptance (required) - Upload your letter of acceptance from the school.

Evidence of Work Requirements in Study ( Co-op Work permit information) letter from school - This will show up in your dashboard if you selected "Work as a Requirement of your study ( i.e Co-op letter)" when filling your questionnaire, if you didn't, don't expect to see this Uploading Column

Proof of means of financial support - Upload your Sponsorship letter, Affidavit of support, bank statements, payslips, sponsor's source of income (like- employment letters, introduction letters from employer, promotions letter etc.) or business documents (CAC certificates, tax clearance certificate, article of association and memorandum etc..) Also, include your already paid tuition receipt in this section (if any).

Digital Photo (required)- Upload your Passport Photograph. The passport size should be between 60KB to 240KB and the dimension should be 420X540.

Family Information (IMM5645) (required) - Complete, save and Upload the family form.

Schedule 1- Application for a temporary Resident Visa made outside Canada (IMM5257) (required) - Complete and Upload the form.

Client Information (required) - Upload your SOP/LOE, degree certificates, transcripts, birth certificates, recommendation letters from past and present employers, NYSC discharge papers, your work ID, your employment letters, resume etc... (every supporting documents should be uploaded in this section).

Credits to frankrobbn1

31 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 6:00pm On Aug 28, 2020
Halifaxguy:
WE are plenty
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kayice001: 6:19pm On Aug 28, 2020
thank you much, i hope so too
Fgmp12:

I’m guessing your didn’t write your UCI while filling your biometrics form huh?
I don’t think that’s a problem since it has already been updated on your app.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kayice001: 6:21pm On Aug 28, 2020
lol it was filled on my biometrics and that's what actually brought my notice to check the ones i submitted
Kayice001:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fgmp12: 7:00pm On Aug 28, 2020
Kayice001:
You’re welcome Sir/Ma’
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fgmp12: 7:01pm On Aug 28, 2020
Tonyodg:
Thank you let’s hope for the best
Absolutely brethren.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Genevach(m): 7:03pm On Aug 28, 2020
Good day nairalanders
Quick question pls

My sponsor is my mum's brother (different surname). So I have two questions about this

1.What are the required documents to prove he is my uncle,
He has given me , his personal and business bank statement, letter of sponsorship, reference later from bank, cac certificate and I have a picture from my grandma burial in 2019.
What other documents do I need to provide pls

2. Question
He has an outflow of 4m, inflow of 9m and a banlance of 4m, he also gave me his business account with inflow and outflow of over 300m but current balance of 10m
Is it ok if i use both personal for sponsorship and business as supporting statement
Please I need to apply next month.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by lanre47: 7:21pm On Aug 28, 2020
Apply in May 28
Got Biometric request on May 29
Medical Passed on June 19
Biometric done and updated on August 27....

Hoping for the best to come...

May applicants, let's be hopeful...

Pls what's next line of action?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Piecoco: 7:28pm On Aug 28, 2020
This is serious ooo

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.