Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:53 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (284) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1154925 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sanovsky007(m): 2:20pm On Aug 31, 2020
Omo this one is strong oooo! shocked shocked shocked

eightyeight:
Has anyone seen this. Someone got refusal even after getting AIP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 2:33pm On Aug 31, 2020
eightyeight:
Has anyone seen this. Someone got refusal even after getting AIP

We can't truly say if this document is real or doctored. It wasn't the applicant that posted it but a third party. I would take that with a pinch of salt.

Apart from that, it is very possible that the applicant may have misrepresented facts, failed medicals or criminality checks. It is even possible that the applicant submitted fake documents or there have been changes to his eligibility based on one factor or another. I really doubt if IRCC will give an AIP and finally deny an application for the type of reasons I see here (these reasons should have been enough for a stage one refusal to begin with). It just doesn't add up.

This is my opinion on this. Everyone should calm down.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 3:00pm On Aug 31, 2020
We are coming. #CDNPOLI

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Cleversheva9(m): 3:07pm On Aug 31, 2020
How do I connect with you bro?? Just sent you a mail, please reply so we can connect ASAP. Thanks
NairaLuck:

Come to Conestoga College �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Cleversheva9(m): 3:09pm On Aug 31, 2020
Thanks for the clarification, boss. God bless you.
Osemigho:

Hmm. Other fees aside tuition are not hidden. They are usually stated on the website. However, we often don’t think about them. As a permanent resident, my other fees is almost equivalent to my continuing tuition. these levies cover things like graduate student association fees, student insurance, donation, bus pass, etc. You can opt out of some but not all. To avoid mix up, most schools, if not all, charge these things separately and sometimes per semester.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Cleversheva9(m): 3:10pm On Aug 31, 2020
Thanks a lot brother. God bless you. I'm checking it out now sir.
Lekiboboe:

Computer Science is a very wide field , jz like Medicine & Geology, so she would likely not see a PGD in computer science in a college, she will only see programs (specialized programs) closely related to It e.g Cyber security, IT Business Analysis, programming ,Animation, GIS, software development, mobile development. Web development etc.

She can check out the link below for Computer Sci. Related Graduate Programs and schools offering them
https://www.ontariocolleges.ca/en/programs/search?q=Compute&page=0&by%5BProgramCredentialEnglish%5D%5B0%5D=Graduate%20Certificate

and also she should search for a Computer sci. related PGD course of her interest in that SEARCH BOX of that link above

Also find attached a PDF file of Colleges and their programs in Canada,

Look for Graduate Certificate in Computer Science Related Programs,
then google them , and check out their Admission requirements and also their respective Tuition fee for International students

From a Vlog I saw recently, Tuition fee of some schools in Canada most esp. ONTARIO province have bin increased within the range of 3% &15%
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Gunbi: 3:13pm On Aug 31, 2020
Good day everyone,
I want to know if police clearance certificate is a compulsory document for study permit application. I have all other documents.

Please how does someone who is not in Lagos get the police clearance certificate? I am in Kaduna state.

Thank you for your time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nastan: 3:20pm On Aug 31, 2020
Naijaforeigner:

Yeah some schools don't offer PGWP eligible programs.

You have nothing to worry about in your case. To the best of my knowledge, Cape Breton offers PGWP eligible programs.

However, do confirm yourself in the link below.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/designated-learning-institutions-list.html#wb-auto-29

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 3:34pm On Aug 31, 2020
Cleversheva9:
Thanks a lot brother. God bless you. I'm checking it out now sir.
u are welcome Honorable... AMEN!!!!! , alright......

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Brownskingal: 3:35pm On Aug 31, 2020
Good day everyone,

Please i am looking to connect with anyone/people that has gotten a visa to study IMB @ NBCC starting this FALL. (Classes are online at the moment).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 3:50pm On Aug 31, 2020
Gunbi:
Good day everyone,
I want to know if police clearance certificate is a compulsory document for study permit application. I have all other documents.

Please how does someone who is not in Lagos get the police clearance certificate? I am in Kaduna state.

Thank you for your time.

It's not compulsory. You can add it if you want but most people get their permits without it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olasubomy: 3:55pm On Aug 31, 2020
Good afternoon All,

Please i want to request for my pension statement and reference letter.

Can this be addressed to :

The Consular General Deputy High Commission of Canada 4, Anifowese Street Victoria Island Lagos Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by oma22: 3:56pm On Aug 31, 2020
princejunaid:
Anybody going to Niagara college.

Yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pimp04: 3:59pm On Aug 31, 2020
Is your study permit approved?
oma22:

Yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 4:02pm On Aug 31, 2020
Gunbi:
Good day everyone,

Thank you for your time.
With this new strategy by IRCC on AIP which is the first stage approval, one of the requirement for the Second Stage approval (final approval) is Police Clearance Certificate, which makes it compulsory.

Do refer to the post in the link below,
This is based on experience of a member of this forum who is not in Lagos but was able to do her Police Clearance Certificate without travelling down to Lagos

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/143#91581107
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 4:30pm On Aug 31, 2020
Lekiboboe:

With this new strategy by IRCC on AIP which is the first stage approval, one of the requirement for the Second Stage approval (final approval) is Police Clearance Certificate, which makes it compulsory.

Do refer to the post in the link below,
This is based on experience of a member of this forum who is not in Lagos but was able to do her Police Clearance Certificate without travelling down to Lagos

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/143#91581107

It is NOT compulsory, even with the 2 stage approval process. They only added it there for those it is applicable to. Police clearance is not needed for Nigerian temporary resident visa applicants. Those who do it simply do so in the Nigerian tradition of "make I do everything so that dem nor go delay my application". VOs won't demand for it.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 4:42pm On Aug 31, 2020
fratermathy:

It is NOT compulsory, even with the 2 stage approval process. They only added it there for those it is applicable to. Police clearance is not needed for Nigerian temporary resident visa applicants. Those who do it simply do so in the Nigerian tradition of "make I do everything so that dem nor go delay my application". VOs won't demand for it.
Alright honorable, Roger that!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dommakavelli: 4:52pm On Aug 31, 2020
Absolutly no! Don't send a new bank statement. If the VO needs any additional document, they will ask for it. Don't complicate things for yourself.

Eilenora:
Hello @frankrobbn.

I did upfront medicals and submitted my appliction since July 14. Up till now my medicals has still not reflected despite several emails and web forms attaching the e medical slip.You said not to send any more of these so I am anxiously waiting for my CIC log in page to be updated. I already have AIP since August 5. Do I need to order GCMS notes for this as previously suggested by another moniker?

While researching, i read that during stage 2 of the approval process (having now done biometrics), they will check if there has been a change in your eligibilty from when your AIP was initially issued. So with the Naira appreciating against the dollar, hubby decided to liquidate all his investments and monies in Naira accounts, purchased dollars and kept in his dorm account. Now wondering if there will be a problem if they look into my proof of funds again in Stage 2 only to realise that there are no monies in the statements i submitted with my application (although research and enquiries again shows that they cant check past the last date of the statement submitted with your application hence they can never know your account balance as at today). My qstn is if I should be proactive in sending them a new bank statement of the dorm account reflecting the dollars purchased and deposited or I should wait until they ask for an updated statement? I read in previous page that a lot of times the Nigerian embassy here stil looks into proof of funds after the study permit has been issued and before PPR hence my qstn

Finally, can you kindly direct me to the link for how to secure admission for phd? this is not for me but for a friend

Many thanks

Can you also kindly advise

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Legacyedition: 5:28pm On Aug 31, 2020
For those having issue with paying tuition fees via FORM A using western union global pay.

I processed mine using access bank since Friday. It was processed today and I got debited already . You can also try it out..

Seniors in the house, it's my first time of using Form A. Will I get telex copy from my bank o
and when will WU get the payment?. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Mobi22: 5:36pm On Aug 31, 2020
Legacyedition:
For those having issue with paying tuition fees via FORM A using western union global pay.

I processed mine using access bank since Friday. It was processed today and I got debited already . You can also try it out..

Seniors in the house, it's my first time of using Form A. Will I get telex copy from my bank o

please how fast do you think that western union work in terms of receiving money from another country to Nigeria
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 5:57pm On Aug 31, 2020
Legacyedition:

For me the whole process took 4 business days

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 6:00pm On Aug 31, 2020
Ckechi:
Has any July applicant received passport request?

Hello Ckechi,

Thus far, I haven't seen PPR for applicants before July. However, I can confirm of refusals.

Applicant A applied in Nigeria
Applied: July 25th, 2020
Background Check: July 25th, 2020
Eligibility Review: Failed on August 4th, 2020
Refusal Letter: August 31st, 2020

Applicant B applied in Ukraine
Applied: August 25th, 2020
Background Check and ER: Started almost immediately
Refusal letter: August 28th, 2020

I think most people have received a final decision but are yet to communicate it out openly. Also, IRCC are taking their time to communicate their final decision as well.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 6:08pm On Aug 31, 2020
Na wa.. Are these people first time applicants?
Btw, if someone has previously been refused a visit visa before and is applying for study now, will it be termed re-application? How is it defined?

JustMellow:

Hello Ckechi,

Thus far, I haven't seen PPR for applicants before July. However, I can confirm of refusals.

I think most people have received a final decision but are yet to communicate it out openly. Also, IRCC are taking their time to communicate their final decision as well.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 6:08pm On Aug 31, 2020
mrkingz:
Thanks JustMellow.

Please, is it safer to WAIT till the funds transferred to my salary account from my sponsor STAYS at least 4 MONTHS before submitting my Study Visa application? I am trying to avoid creating a scenario of "suspicion" where it's like funds was dumped into the account in view of visa application - especially when this will be the 1st time such an amount has ever entered the account..

I thought someone else with similar question could get an answer, thus my asking this in public space.

To other gurus, your feedback and thread links will do us a huge good.

Much respect.

Hello Mrkingz,

Since the funds is coming from your sponsor, an LOE from your sponsor and you to the effect will suffice. Your personal savings account would have been more suitable for your visa application.

However, if you're not in hurry to apply, you can leave it there for the meanwhile.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 6:15pm On Aug 31, 2020
Pee2Jay9:
Na wa.. Are these people first time applicants?
Btw, if someone has previously been refused a visit visa before and is applying for study now, will it be termed re-application? How is it defined?

Hello Pee2Jay9,

That of the Applicant A is a reapplication, not sure of the B. In as much as a Visit visa is also a TRV, it won't be termed reapplication if applying for a SP after been refused. The SP and VV are different visa type but same category of a Temporary Visa.

All the best

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Macanjy: 6:46pm On Aug 31, 2020
Hey I also got my admission to study visual art at NBCCD, what stage of your Visa processing have you gotten to??

Brownskingal:
Good day everyone,

Please i am looking to connect with anyone/people that has gotten a visa to study IMB @ NBCC starting this FALL. (Classes are online at the moment).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 6:59pm On Aug 31, 2020
Ok.. Thanks and i agree with ur analysis. Meanwhile, I'm assuming they applied for this fall

PS: Shout out to everyone that share the outcome of their application, U're guiding others. Team, remember that the faith that endures till the end proves that it was genuine from the beginning. May September be kind to all hopefuls.

JustMellow:

Hello Pee2Jay9,

That of the Applicant A is a reapplication, not sure of the B. In as much as a Visit visa is also a TRV, it won't be termed reapplication if applying for a SP after been refused. The SP and VV are different visa type but same category of a Temporary Visa.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fasadeju: 7:02pm On Aug 31, 2020
Good Evening Great Minds.

Please, am in need of the contact mail for the Canada embassy.

Regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Informanta: 7:23pm On Aug 31, 2020
Though I feel concerned but I have decided to go for the fall online session whether visa is granted or not am so tired of always popping up to check updates, cos I don't know their plan again

Applied 15th July
Biometric request on 16th July
Biometrics updated 25th August

Fall Session starting sept 12

If visa isn't granted now, I would fully and squarely focus online and after my master's I would apply for permanent residency under skilled work programme, it's dat time they would have no option.

My only fear is if there would be option for students that are denied to have other semester as online even after the covid19.

Let me go and check Australia or Netherlands self....

Canada dis Canada Dat..... They are not the only country better than this shit hole called Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Macanjy: 7:29pm On Aug 31, 2020
Hello I already did my medicals like over 1 month now and just scheduled for my biometrics by Friday....
Hope all goes well....

FariDk67:
Thanks to everyone here,I have done my biometrics today and it's remaining my medicals..hope I get to rejoice at the end of it all

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ckechi: 7:41pm On Aug 31, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Ckechi,

All the best

Thank you very much for answering. Has these people done biometrics before refusal?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by oma22: 7:58pm On Aug 31, 2020
Pimp04:
Is your study permit approved?

Not yet.

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.