Stats: 3,150,186 members, 7,807,631 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:35 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (290) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1154510 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Greatadams: 8:45pm On Sep 01, 2020
But if you have paid your fee and haven’t register any course your money can’t be used anytime you choose to ask for refund you can atleast I know that how Brandon university Works
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 8:57pm On Sep 01, 2020
PendD:
Hello People,

I applied for study permit since Aug 4th,
Got biometric request Aug 5th
Did the biometric on 12th Aug.

Surprisingly, my profile still reads "Your attention is required" till date. However, I can see from applicant details section that I have biometric number as well as the expiry date. I am a bit confused, the system sees I have biometric info but is still waiting.

I have submitted the web form under technical error. I got a donotreply email yesterday with the summary of my escalation but no changes yet. This thing is worrying me oh. I applied from Istanbul.

Thanks for your contributions in advance.

Regards

Send a webform and explain what you are currently seeing in your application portal. You can snap the page for them to understand
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by philonyx: 9:06pm On Sep 01, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:
my school has informed me that if i am registering online it is at my own peril.

read and digest paragraph 1

Hi, can I send you a mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by PendD: 9:06pm On Sep 01, 2020
Anon123:

Send a webform and explain what you are currently seeing in your application portal. You can snap the page for them to understand

I already did that. Even attached screenshot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mrkingz: 9:38pm On Sep 01, 2020
so is it that i can submit visa application without any supporting documents..? help me understand pls. thanks
Time2soar:

If the money is from your sponsor with a letter of sponsorship, there is no need to wait.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mrkingz: 9:59pm On Sep 01, 2020
Thank you JustMellow.
1. the thing is my savings account has not seen so much traffic of cash as compared to my salary account. That is why im thinking having the gift-deed cash sent to my salary account would be ''safer'' for me as compared to my savings account. what do you think?

2. should the LOE, GIFT DEED letter from sponsor be notarised?

Much respect!
JustMellow:

Hello Mrkingz,

Since the funds is coming from your sponsor, an LOE from your sponsor and you to the effect will suffice. Your personal savings account would have been more suitable for your visa application.

However, if you're not in hurry to apply, you can leave it there for the meanwhile.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Queenbeloveth(f): 10:09pm On Sep 01, 2020
Good evening everyone.
Please I need advice from the good people of this forum.
I have both BSc in Geography and PGD in GIS but I've been working as a public servant for over 10years. Because of of my low grade which is 2.2, I can't apply for master program in Canada so I decided to go for another PGD.
I'm planning to apply for pgd in applied ocean technology at MUN or Crime Analytics at Cambrian college.

The pgd in Applied ocean technology is related to my degree because if has to do with mapping, but I want to know if it possible to get admission for the second option using my work experience as a security officer.
Secondly, I want to confirm in what way pension can be use to support statement of financial capability for visa.
Thirdly, I will like to know if it's possible for an uncle with different surname to stand as a sponsor.

I will really appreciate your kind response.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nastan: 10:28pm On Sep 01, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Please don't conceal any information from the immigration of Canada because you will continue with same data you've given to them for your study permit and in any of your future applications with IRCC. I would advise that you should declare your already attained master's degree and begin afresh by applying for a second master's degree than a Post Baccalaureate diploma program. Your visa application success is relatively slim with a PGD on file.

By the way, have you paid any deposit to the school in order to secure your seat in the program? Why are you finding it difficult to begin a fresh application by applying for a master's program? In the case of an introduction letter from your employer, this can always be issued at any given time, it shouldn't influence your resolution to put in a weak application.

As per your choice of program, I would appreciate if you search on google for schools that may be offering those shortlisted programs.

Let me know if you have any other questions

It will end in praise.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:30pm On Sep 01, 2020
Skepta shocked
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nastan: 11:01pm On Sep 01, 2020
Please are there universities Canada that don't require GMAT/GRE for Masters in Business related courses?

Kindly assist if there's any.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 11:12pm On Sep 01, 2020
Queenbeloveth:
Good evening everyone.
Please I need advice from the good people of this forum.
I have both BSc in Geography and PGD in GIS but I've been working as a public servant for over 10years. Because of of my low grade which is 2.2, I can't apply for master program in Canada so I decided to go for another PGD.
I'm planning to apply for pgd in applied ocean technology at MUN or Crime Analytics at Cambrian college.

The pgd in Applied ocean technology is related to my degree because if has to do with mapping, but I want to know if it possible to get admission for the second option using my work experience as a security officer.
Secondly, I want to confirm in what way pension can be use to support statement of financial capability for visa.
Thirdly, I will like to know if it's possible for an uncle with different surname to stand as a sponsor.

I will really appreciate your kind response.

Do you have experience in geography. If yes you can go ahead but if no, you may need to reconsidered cos chances of you getting admission and visa might be slim because you dont have any experience in the field that led you to want to further in that same field. When yiu say you were a public servant, how do you mean. ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 11:13pm On Sep 01, 2020
Nastan:
Please are there universities Canada that don't require GMAT/GRE for Masters in Business related courses?

Try university of Regina, Brandon university,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 11:25pm On Sep 01, 2020
Ifujenko:
Mr. Frank may be right...IRCC are not semi god...AIP is a strategy/tricks that will benefit them 100 percent and likewise some international students..let us not be sentimental in our arguement

This statement is so not true, even in Nigeria with so much corruption, it is unthinkable that an agency of the government will trick people into parting with their money. That is simply fraud and will never be tolerated in a civilise culture like Canada. Canada has demonstrated strong consideration towards the situation of international students but they still have to protect their country. If you get AIP, it is not a guarantee that you will get study permit approval but it is a strong indication and some schools also offer full refund in case of eventual visa refusal. Everyone has to properly weigh their option and choose what is best for them but this notion of tricks is really strange and funny

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Shayee35: 11:25pm On Sep 01, 2020
Hello![quote author=Frankrobbn1 post=93443222]
@frankrobbn1 I have a follow up question. I have an MBA. I applied to a university and a college in Canada. The university rejected my application based on the fact that I wanted to do another Masters. The college however gave me admission to obtain a postgraduate degree certificate in HRM.

Should I still include my MBA certificate while applying for the permit? Sounds like a foolish question, but I really want to put in a strong application. The program I am going for is related to my job, Human Resources Management.

P. S. Is the Ontario College Graduate Certificate equivalent to a Masters program?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 11:36pm On Sep 01, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Actually this is like a test between IRCC & International students, and no one knows the final outcome of things even after getting AIP and both parties don't want to be on the loosing end

But something came to my mind based on a response of the international director of my school in Canada,

What if the IRCC are monitoring the students that will start online before they issue visas?

Cos it’s possible they may not issue any visa this early September & they are just Waiting to see evidence that students have started online classes before issuing visas.

He said that;

If you have applied for the Visa and have not received any decision as yet, you need to wait till September 15 for AIP (Stage One Visa Approval) to be issued.

If you receive an AIP by September 15, you need to then register immediately and start your program online as we are expecting IRCC to ask you for a proof of registration for September 2020 program before they issue Stage Two Final Visa Approval. If you DO NOT receive any decision by September 15, you need to defer your intake to January 2021

To the bolded @everyone, what's your take on this?

I believe that IRCC may ask for proof of registration before final visa approval for those issued AIP but someone said IRCC has nothing to do with school registration. Like I said earlier, I want to believe I am wrong but their is the possibility that IRCC may request proof of registration because the AIP was issued so the applicant can start their program this fall

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dos2020: 11:55pm On Sep 01, 2020
Evening,

Was denied (earlier this year)on the ground of purpose of visit. Please how can I tackle this?

What do I need to support my reapplication, SOP or LOE? Or both? What is the difference.

Gurus, elders pls come to my rescue.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Cleversheva9(m): 12:15am On Sep 02, 2020
Ohk... Might want to ask u a lotta questions and maybe make some enquiries. How do we go private sir? Can I email you?
NairaLuck:

Brantford
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 12:25am On Sep 02, 2020
Nastan:

Check M.BA at Thompson Rivers University, British Columbia
Source:
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/145#91625045

-Uni De Montreal, Canada
M.sc Business in Business Administration
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 12:39am On Sep 02, 2020
Eilenora:
Thanks for this; nawa for all these monikers just making one unnecessarily worried. Saw a few pages behind that online classes won't count towards EE but would count only towards PGWP. Been wondering since then about the practicality of this only to see your post.

Please please please let us make sure whatever we post is authentic and genuine information as you never know who is digesting the information. And let everyone also go the extra mile to research into the veracity of whatever we read on here rather than just running along with it and applying it blindly to our application.

Furthermore, if your program is 8 months to one year and you program starts between May to September this year, if you complete everything online you will still get PGWP. This talk of IRCC tricking applicant is just ridiculous.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 12:43am On Sep 02, 2020
mrkingz:
so is it that i can submit visa application without any supporting documents..? help me understand pls. thanks

You submit your visa application with a letter from your sponsor, you can do an affidavit for it if you want and you also submit document to proof your current status where you reside and your letter of acceptance from a DLI. These are the basic documents

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 12:46am On Sep 02, 2020
mrkingz:
Thank you JustMellow.
1. the thing is my savings account has not seen so much traffic of cash as compared to my salary account. That is why im thinking having the gift-deed cash sent to my salary account would be ''safer'' for me as compared to my savings account. what do you think?

2. should the LOE, GIFT DEED letter from sponsor be notarised?

Much respect!

Send the money into your salary account and get a letter from the sponsor stating why he is making the money available to you

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Helengirl: 4:49am On Sep 02, 2020
Gm house, pls I just sent a mail to vfs for my biometric but I noticed I didn't get a confirmation that the mail was sent and also no confirmation in my email address. I need to know if it is normal, or do I proceed to call to book an appointment. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 5:15am On Sep 02, 2020
Helengirl:
Gm house, pls I just sent a mail to vfs for my biometric but I noticed I didn't get a confirmation that the mail was sent and also no confirmation in my email address. I need to know if it is normal, or do I proceed to call to book an appointment. Thanks
ahhh you have to re-book and I’m sure by now it’s end of sept entering October
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Toluchenko(m): 5:44am On Sep 02, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Yesoooo smiley... u are welcome Honorable Toluchenko . Amen

Good morning bro and everyone that has been of help.

I have a question about this home-tie parole. I dont have any home-tie except my family (i.e. my parents and siblings). No building, business...

Do you think this strong enough?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luwaluwa: 6:18am On Sep 02, 2020
Any recent study visa approval here??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fgmp12: 6:38am On Sep 02, 2020
Dos2020:
Evening,

Was denied (earlier this year)on the ground of purpose of visit. Please how can I tackle this?

What do I need to support my reapplication, SOP or LOE? Or both? What is the difference.

Gurus, elders pls come to my rescue.

Thank you.
Hi Dos2020, you need to list the documents you submitted.

LOE : Letter of Explanation
SOP : Statement of Purpose.
All the bestest Sir/Ma’
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fgmp12: 6:53am On Sep 02, 2020
Toluchenko:

Good morning bro and everyone that has been of help.

I have a question about this home-tie parole. I dont have any home-tie except my family (i.e. my parents and siblings). No building, business...

Do you think this strong enough?
Yes your family can serve has good home ties but you need to explain to the VO why you would want to come back to them after your studies in Canada.
Just be emotional and make the VO feel for you and reason with all your points.
What course are you going for?
Does your course have a good job prospect here in Nigeria?
All the bestest Sir/Ma’

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fehinebony(f): 8:23am On Sep 02, 2020
Time2soar:

Furthermore, if your program is 8 months to one year and you program starts between May to September this year, if you complete everything online you will still get PGWP. This talk of IRCC tricking applicant is just ridiculous.

You wont get a PGWP if you do 100% of your studies online. A question related to this was asked during the indian IRCC webinar that was posted on the previous page. It was advised that one should defer after completing 50% of their studies online
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 8:29am On Sep 02, 2020
dommakavelli:
Frank, you shouldn't be making baseless speculations nor spread fears. Not every one that receives AIP would get SP. You're right about that. It's the same as been denied after medical. The question is, how often does that happen to Nigerians, and why? IRCC has made it clear that students do not have to start studying online because AIP does not guarantee SP. So, where is the trick? Let people make their choices instead of scaring them with erroneous speculations.

The Canadain immigration system is not flawless, but it is ridiculous to think IRCC would lure people into paying tuition because of the economy. If the government cares about $22 Billion, they will open the border so students can come, spend money and pay taxes in Canada.

I think the purpose of AIP is to save students from the stress of wasting another year without going to school and allowing schools to provide education to those students. It does not have anything to do with the government trying to save the economy.
You've helped many people on this thread, and it's good that you are thinking. But you're mistaken on this one, and there's no shame in that.

Good luck

I beg to disagree with you on the subject matter @dommakavelli. Interestingly, we have good amount of mental ability with different standpoints and mustn't agree from same perceptive. This makes us standout. Therefore, you may feel free to believe what you think as my post wasn't meant to entertain fears on anyone but rather to give an accurate data about the substantive purpose of the invention of the "AIP" and the possible outcome of the "AIP" should any student begin their classes without a final approval.

Goodluck!

It will end in praise.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 8:31am On Sep 02, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

I beg to disagree with you on the subject matter @dommakavelli. Interestingly, we are intelligent beings and mustn't agree from same perceptive. This makes us standout. Therefore, you may feel free to believe what you think as my post wasn't meant to entertain fears on anyone but rather to give an accurate data about the substantive purpose of the invention of the "AIP" and the possible outcome of the "AIP" should any student begin their classes without a final approval.

Goodluck!

It will end in praise.

Avoid the use of the word "accurate". You are only speculating, sir. There's nothing accurate about speculations. You may be right or you may not. Only time will tell. You are correct that an AIP is not a Study Permit and I think all applicants know that. Every other thing you've said about the AIP is not accurate. They are simply informed guesses.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Helengirl: 8:32am On Sep 02, 2020
Gm all, pls I asked earlier that do vfs send notifications as soon as biometric appointment is booked. Am asking because I sent an email to them this morning and did not see anything like sent or receive any confirmation mail. I would like to know the best way to book a biometric appointment cos am really behind schedule.

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61