Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:17 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (310) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1149397 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 10:54am On Sep 08, 2020
nayo10:
Good day guys, gurus in the house help me decipher my gcmsnotes o, just got it today after applying since April, on the eligibility part, I saw recommend interview and I don't think Nigeria does interview for visa application. Guys pls kindly explain what does that means ?

Recommend Interview (RI) and Review Required (RR) simply implies that the visa officer has concerns with your application and thus would need further documentations from you prior to your application been shifted to the next immigration level of processing. You may check the last two pages of the GCMS notes to have a clearer picture about this update on your file. In the case that there are certain concerns noted by the visa officer on your application, its advisable that you should quickly raise a CSE by writing a brief LOE addressing the concerns for the visa officer's comprehension. Once this is done, you will notice a ghost update which means that your application has moved from Recommend Interview (RI) to ELIGIBILITY Passed.

Keep the house posted should you've any other concerns.

It will end in praise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 10:57am On Sep 08, 2020
Hello, quick one.. Can a person of 55yrs apply for a masters, PGD or PhD?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 10:58am On Sep 08, 2020
Legacyedition:
Good day everyone. My dad is sponsoring me, what are the documents I need from him?.

1. His personal bank statement of account

2. International passport

3. His proof of source of fund, ( Business reg and tax documents)

Do I also need his company statement of account?...

Cc: frankrobbn1

All except no3

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 11:00am On Sep 08, 2020
JORDAN55:
Good afternoon people,

My father is my sponsor, he gave me 2 accounts a naira account and a domiciliary account statement ,but he also gave me his salary account as proof of source of funds and on the sponsorship letter he stated that he will be sponsoring me with funds from the naira and domiciliary account.
But since I submitted my application in june,he hasn’t touched the funds in the salary account and now he needs some money urgently,Will there be any problem if he withdraws from the salary account?
considering that I submitted it as proof of souce of income.

kindly help house
Thank you in advance

Nope... IRCC focus on only the transactions within the dates on your soa. They never go beyond the final date on the soa

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 11:01am On Sep 08, 2020
ThowLou:
Good evening house, for someone who application was rejected before biometrics, is it still advisable to go for biometrics? Biometrics was scheduled weeks ago shortly after receiving the instruction but the application came back as denied for several reasons. Should the person still consider going for biometrics? Thank you

No

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 11:02am On Sep 08, 2020
ThowLou:
Good evening house, for someone who application was rejected before biometrics, is it still advisable to go for biometrics? Biometrics was scheduled weeks ago shortly after receiving the instruction but the application came back as denied for several reasons. Should the person still consider going for biometrics? Thank you

No.. Reapply and den go for the biometrics

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fgmp12: 11:03am On Sep 08, 2020
Pee2Jay9:

There's nothing to be sad about my dear.. Our timelines in life are different so I'll encourage you to pursue your dreams.. First thing is to get admission, ensure to select a high skilled course that is poorly taught in Nigeria and a school whose tuition fees u can prove to afford all through the duration of ur study.. Kindly start looking for admission & read this thread very well.. All the best & Congrats for wanting a better life
Very well said bro, plus he should look for the job prospect in Nigeria.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 11:04am On Sep 08, 2020
jogojogo:
Pls house I was sent a refusal mail, I want to reply, do I need to print account statement again or the previous statement which is 1 month old still valid? That's isi printed it 1 month ago

You mean, you want to reapply. If yes then you will need a new statement of account. Buy if you meant reply. You dont need to send a new soa as a decision has been made and your file closed

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 11:10am On Sep 08, 2020
Anon123:
Hello, quick one.. Can a person of 55yrs apply for a masters, PGD or PhD?

While age is not an independent factor in assessing an applicant's overall intent of studying in Canada. A visa officer must critically examine why a 55 years old applicant wants to undertake a program in Canada other than his home country, Nigeria. The applicant on his own part should explicitly demonstrate/outline a clear career path and benefits of the program upon completion of studies in Canada. The ties back home that would motivate his departure after studies and the financial solvency to embark on such project in Canada. All things considered, the visa officer will have to excerise his discretion based on the information present in the application and give the final remark (approval or rejection). Personally, chances are quite slim with such kind of profile.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 11:11am On Sep 08, 2020
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 11:14am On Sep 08, 2020
Fgmp12:

Very well said bro, plus he should look for the job prospect in Nigeria.
lmao no be poverty be this ..when graduate never get job Finish
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fgmp12: 11:16am On Sep 08, 2020
Tonyodg:
lmao no be poverty be this ..when graduate never get job Finish
Lool, Na Just for home ties bro.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 08, 2020
Fgmp12:

Lool, Na Just for home ties bro.
bro I believe it can still fly if the application is strong!! Explaining why no BSc and cover the gaps
Nothing is impossible with God and good packaging
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 11:19am On Sep 08, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

While age is not an independent factor in assessing an applicant's overall intent of studying in Canada. A visa officer must critically examine why a 55 years old applicant wants to undertake a program in Canada other than his home country, Nigeria. The applicant on his own part should explicitly demonstrate/outline a clear career path and benefits of the program upon completion of studies in Canada. The ties back home that would motivate his departure after studies and the financial solvency to embark on such project in Canada. All things considered, the visa officer will have to excerise his discretion based on the information present in the application and give the final remark (approval or rejection). Personally, chances are quite slim with such kind of profile.

It will end in praise.

Always explicit. Thank you... I will advise the applicant.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Legacyedition: 11:26am On Sep 08, 2020
Naijaforeigner:

Yes, you need to attach numbers 1, 2, 3, birth certificate and certificate of Incorporation if you can.

When I did mine, which was paper application, I included it. With online, there is limit with the number of documents you can attach.

If there is space, you can, if there is no space, don't worry about it.

Just make sure you attach his SOA showing more than enough funds to take of you for at least a year, what he does for a living and documents to prove it.

Thanks boss, my papa no get birth cert oooo....His birth cert is a must?.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fgmp12: 11:27am On Sep 08, 2020
Tonyodg:
bro I believe it can still fly if the application is strong!! Explaining why no BSc and cover the gaps
Nothing is impossible with God and good packaging
Absolutely bro, God over everything!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 11:31am On Sep 08, 2020
Austacus:

IRCC would call you or send you an email for your interview date. There's something confusing in your application. You would be interviewed in Lagos, the interview is straightforward, go with any supporting documents. They would ask you some quick random questions in your application, answer it correctly, and be bold. Your eyes contact and body movement matters a lot. Make sure you go with your passport cause if you pass it, they would stamp your counterfoil at that spot of time. That's if you've done your medical or upfront. Sometimes, they might just refuse your visa without going for the interview or going further, sometimes they may ask you to submit some documentation to support your claims.

All these can be avoided if you apply for GCMS and tackle the concern being raised in your application.

Good luck

Once he can persuasively tackle the concerns raised in the last two pages of his GCMS notes with supporting documents. The visa officer will remove the RI update by passing his ELIGIBILITY and move towards other criteria for study visa processing. This is why GCMS note is the only key that can give you the factual update on your immigration case.

I hope it goes well for the op.

It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by holluville: 11:45am On Sep 08, 2020
Anon123:

No

Mr Anon123,

Don't mislead people.. Its been paid for already so YES, the applicant should proceed to give his/her biometrics regardless of the decision.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 11:50am On Sep 08, 2020
ThowLou:

You're absolutely free to go for your biometrics irrespective of the outcome of your application as noted on your GCMS note. The visa officer will update your immigration profile to Canada accordingly. Consequently in your subsequent applications with IRCC, you wouldn't require to submit your biometrics as the previous one will be valid for 10 years.

It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 11:53am On Sep 08, 2020
Hello house, please I'm about to request my GCMS notes and I want to find out if its just the note i'm requesting for or the full copy of submitted files or should I request both.
The whole gcms process is confusing to me, thats why I'm always asking please. cry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 11:55am On Sep 08, 2020
holluville:

Mr Anon123,

Don't mislead people.. Its been paid for already so YES, the applicant should proceed to give his/her biometrics regardless of the decision.

Mr Holluville,

Stop typing rubbish and oga read my second/next post just after typing "No" .. I know it has been paid for and I know he can still do the biometrics. Which is why in my second post is said if you want to reapply, reapply and do the biometrics.

Secondly pls stop attacking people recklessly with this stop misleading people junk. How many have I misled since you registered. I dont know you and you dont know me. So calm down
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 11:55am On Sep 08, 2020
Dameelee:
Hello house, please I'm about to request my GCMS notes and I want to find out if its just the note i'm requesting for or the full copy of submitted files or should I request both.
The whole gcms process is confusing to me, thats why I'm always asking please. cry

Just the gcms note..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Naijaforeigner: 11:57am On Sep 08, 2020
Legacyedition:

Thanks boss, my papa no get birth cert oooo....His birth cert is a must?.

grin grin grin No vex boss, when I be type that thing, small sleep been dey my eye.

Your own birth cert wey carry your papa name is more than enough.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 12:00pm On Sep 08, 2020
holluville:

Mr Anon123,

@Anon123, made a mistake in his advice to the op. He never meant to mislead the applicant. My view is that he thought the OP has done biometrics in the past before the visa refusal. Hence his dissentient response.

@Anon123, I would recommend that you should carefully understand a question before giving your advice.

Let's end the debate and maintain the primary focus why this thread was originally created.

It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 12:01pm On Sep 08, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

@Anon123, made a mistake in his advice to the op. He never meant to mislead the applicant. My view is that he thought the OP has done biometrics in the past before the visa refusal. Hence his dissentient response.

@Anon123, I would recommend that you should clearly understand a question before giving your advice.

It will end in praise.

Point taken Chief...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 12:03pm On Sep 08, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

You're absolutely free to go for your biometrics irrespective of the outcome of your application as noted on your GCMS note. The visa officer will update your immigration profile to Canada accordingly. Consequently in your subsequent applications with IRCC, you wouldn't require to submit your biometrics as the previous one will be valid for 10 years.

It will end in praise.
please is biometrics updated automatically once it’s sent by VFS or it’s done by the visa officer handling one’s application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 12:04pm On Sep 08, 2020
Tonyodg:
please is biometrics updated automatically once it’s sent by VFS or it’s done by the visa officer handling one’s application?

Done by VFS and update registered on your application immediately or within 24hours.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 12:07pm On Sep 08, 2020
Anon123:

Done by VFS and update registered on your application immediately or within 24hours.
Okay thanks
Boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 12:07pm On Sep 08, 2020
Thank you sir.
Anon123:

Just the gcms note..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 1:19pm On Sep 08, 2020
nayo10:
Good day guys, gurus in the house help me decipher my gcmsnotes o, just got it today after applying since April, on the eligibility part, I saw recommend interview and I don't think Nigeria does interview for visa application. Guys pls kindly explain what does that means ?

Hello Nayo10,

The bolded statement (Recommend Interview) doesn't 'necessarily' mean that you will be invited for an interview. This is just an heads up from the secondary VO given to the lead VO of certain concern(s). However, if its not a too sensitive or critical concern(s), its at the liberty (or discretion) of the lead VO to either approve the application or heed to the warning and request for interview.

Also, RECOMMEND PASS in the notes means that the secondary VO is satisfied and hence the recommendation for the lead VO to go ahead with the update of the eligibility as pass. Be it as it may, the final decision rest upon the lead VO to PASS the eligibility.

Its advisable that if the second to last page doesn't have any explanation in the notes from the VO, you may want to request for the notes again within a week mark. However, there is no harm bracing up and prepare for an interview just in case. Use your SOP to stay abreast with any information presented to support your application.

All the best

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 08, 2020
Anon123:

I just don't know where you guys get this information from..pls where is your source? Cos its feeding people with unverifiable information and it's scary. I will advise you go back to several threads backs and see PGD applicants getting approval. One notable person in that category is naijaforeigner. A 2.1 bsc graduate, traveled to canada for a PGD, graduated and working.

I have repeated this here severally, a visa approval is dependent on how your package your application and sop. Its also dependent on the visa officer whixh is why everybody needs God. Be you a masters with scholarship or not or a PGD with deep pockets or not, you can either get an approval or get denied. Your school or level of program doesnt add jack.

Well done for the great work you are doing in responding to request but I will like to point out that when it comes to Canada study permit, everything about your application counts.

Your school, choice of program, effort put in to get admission and off course as you rightly said, how you package your application. These all add up to show whether one is a real student or one is just using study route for immigration purpose.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 2:29pm On Sep 08, 2020
Beckley40:
Good day everyone
Pls I need help on Home ties, I applied to university of regina undergraduate. I am a resident of (U.A.E )Dubai precisely employed married husband in Dubai too working no kid yet Father sponsor regarding home ties I don't know where its suitable to address it to is it home country(Nigeria )or country of residence UAE
@frankrobnn1
@justMellow
@lekiboboe

Hello Beckley40,

Prove your ties to your home country. UAE isn't a country that has great vision and opportunity for foreigners living and working there. In general, their policies doesn't totally encourage foreign nationals especially of non-Arab origin of easily getting a PR status in the Emirate. Hence, reason why you should demonstrate stronger ties to your mother country.

All the best

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.