Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,156 members, 7,807,529 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:46 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (344) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1154473 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 12:36pm On Sep 19, 2020
LordAA:

Hello Boss,

Please between IOM and Q-life,w which one is more advisable to use?

Thank you.

Hello, I used Q-LIFE. It was good and most importantly, my medical was updated in 4days after I sent a webform.

I DID UPFRONT

This might not be the case for everyone tho as your experience with either of them is purely relative.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Justiyke4u: 1:11pm On Sep 19, 2020
Backcheck:

You can still make use of wema/alat card. Their monthly spend limit is about $500

Thanks. I will ask about the card though I don't maintain any account with them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadeMan01(m): 1:14pm On Sep 19, 2020
Akannitommy:
Is there anyone who applied (or know someone) as a Winter 2021 (or later terms -- Spring or Fall 2021) that has received AIP, after BVL and medical request? If yes, can you please provide your profile and timelines? Thanks in advance.

For Spring 2021 May start date

Application submitted: July 21,
Biometrics request: July 22
Medical Upfront: August 22
Medical passed: September 3
AIP received: Nil
Biometrics given: August 24th,
Biometrics updated: August 24h.
Passport request: Any moment from now.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by bisolaemilia(f): 1:18pm On Sep 19, 2020
Please help!!

bisolaemilia:
Hi Guys,

I am considering withdrawing my application before it comes in as a rejection. Its my second application and I applied in July.

Wouldn't want to get a second rejection, as I already have another admission that comes with funding.

Can some please help with the procedure for withdrawing the application?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 19, 2020
MadeMan01:

For Spring 2021 May start date

Application submitted: July 21,
Biometrics request: July 22
Medical Upfront: August 22
Medical passed: September 3
AIP received: Nil
Biometrics given: August 24th,
Biometrics updated: August 24h.
Amen but bear in mind IRCC must still send you a medical request unless a miracle happens
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 1:26pm On Sep 19, 2020
Thevenine:
All this apply for gcms notes you people talk about...I thought it was free o. Is there any other means of inquiring about updates for an application under processing?
Except you have someone in Canada who is a citizen. Its just $5

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadeMan01(m): 1:31pm On Sep 19, 2020
Tonyodg:
Amen but bear in mind IRCC must still send you a medical request unless a miracle happens

Ok Noted. Fingers crossed

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by LordAA(m): 1:53pm On Sep 19, 2020
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by LordAA(m): 1:53pm On Sep 19, 2020
NairaLuck:

Hello, I used Q-LIFE. It was good and most importantly, my medical was updated in 4days after I sent a webform.

I DID UPFRONT

This might not be the case for everyone tho as your experience with either of them is purely relative.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ladykilllar: 2:19pm On Sep 19, 2020
ladykilllar:
Good afternoon guys.

Please in the past 1 month who has applied for sending of transcript to WES from OAU and has been successful?

Also does Oau make use of etx online?

Thanks

Please help!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by whizqueen(f): 2:25pm On Sep 19, 2020
skull4eva:
@faterma thy, vibrant 99 everyone

Please as regards my issue am still looking for phd funding but as a plan B i will like to ask that if my sponsor pays my tuition fee of 10kcad ahead before the winter and i attach the receipt of payment with new application and also raise my account balance from 4million to 8million curtesy of parents good deed gifts of additional 4m to support studies parents pay slips for 6months promotion letters and assets as well as sponsors bank statement pay slips and employment letter. A good LOE showing the changes as well as using my wife and son as home ties will the application stand a chance then?
I believe you should stand a better chance if you address the POF issue & ties to home country. What you’ve stated above should work perfectly fine

Also touch on everything else you think will raise a concern in your SOP.

Goodluck this time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Happydodo2: 2:33pm On Sep 19, 2020
pleae this is my second refusal on same clause;

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

Please help with ideas.

Thanks

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by FariDk67: 2:55pm On Sep 19, 2020
Do paper applicants send their passport along with their form when they want to submit or is it after they request for it

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by skull4eva: 3:06pm On Sep 19, 2020
whizqueen:

I believe you should stand a better chance if you address the POF issue & ties to home country. What you’ve stated above should work perfectly fine

Also touch on everything else you think will raise a concern in your SOP.

Goodluck this time
Thanks whizqueen i appreciate it. I have Not gotten the official mail from IRCC but can i withdraw before then and reapply like october once i have done all this? Of course i will put an LOE to explain.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Londonboi7960(m): 3:54pm On Sep 19, 2020
[quote author=Obanidavid post=94079103]

My brother, he who has hope has everything.

To the glory of God, I am a living witness to your inquiry. I sincerely appreciate everyone's contribution and criticism on this group.

Application submitted: June 5th,
Biometrics request: June 7th,
Medical request: July 1st,
Medical passed: July 14th,
AIP received: August 6th,
Biometrics given: August 28th,
Biometrics updated: September 9th.

Admission was for fall 2020 before school deferred till Winter 2021 due to Covid-19, and deferral letter was issued May 22nd.

... Breaking Limits on all sides.....

THAT ALSO MY HERITAGE IN CHRIST PLS HOW DID YOU DIFFER UR ADMISSION +2347086629685 Cos my Last Semester will be Ending this September 30th want to Differ till next Year Tanks nd God Bless

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 4:12pm On Sep 19, 2020
FariDk67:
Do paper applicants send their passport along with their form when they want to submit or is it after they request for it

Yes for the bolded, thats how its done
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sapte(f): 4:23pm On Sep 19, 2020
Please for someone whose GCMS note shows refused is it advisable to withdraw the application and reapply or wait until the portal has been updated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Queenbeloveth(f): 4:53pm On Sep 19, 2020
Onweke:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

NwanyiOkpa u are funny
Kindly reply my mail please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 5:00pm On Sep 19, 2020
Sapte:
Please for someone whose GCMS note shows refused is it advisable to withdraw the application and reapply or wait until the portal has been updated

Wait until its updated cos you will be using the same UCI number
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 5:05pm On Sep 19, 2020
Anon123:

so what you are saying is someone who has been refused through gcms cannot apply again without official refusal letter
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sapte(f): 5:36pm On Sep 19, 2020
Thanks, let me just gather my documents

Anon123:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Onweke: 5:55pm On Sep 19, 2020
Queenbeloveth:

Kindly reply my mail please

Done

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Onweke: 5:56pm On Sep 19, 2020
Tonyodg:
so what you are saying is someone who has been refused through gcms cannot apply again without official refusal letter

Good question
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Thevenine(m): 5:58pm On Sep 19, 2020
Olayinkaji:

Except you have someone in Canada who is a citizen. Its just $5

What's the person going to do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by BlegendE: 6:09pm On Sep 19, 2020
Please, how many people got AIP request on the 6th of August?

Applied June 22nd
Medical request 22nd July.
I passed my medicals on the 5th of August.
AIP 6th August.

Passport request...,very very very soon. I believe The GOD of Abraham.

Fall term 2020. Already started classes

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Rubbie21: 6:10pm On Sep 19, 2020
Hi there,
Sorry about the refusal but can I say that you shouldn't be in a hurry to submit another application. PhD is funds consuming and I wouldn't suggest you use all your personal funds for this purpose, at least get a partial funding. Getting a co sponsor as well in this case may not settle the VO's concerns on a financial stability because you still have your family here to cater for, how do you resolve that? In my opinion, try and get a funding however small as it will go a long way with your application.
skull4eva:
@fatermathy, vibrant 99 et, al

Please as regards my issue am still looking for phd funding but as a plan B i will like to ask that if my sponsor pays my tuition fee of 10kcad ahead before the winter and i attach the receipt of payment with new application and also raise my account balance from 4million to 8million curtesy of parents good deed gifts of additional 4m to support studies parents pay slips for 6months promotion letters and assets as well as sponsors bank statement pay slips and employment letter. A good LOE showing the changes as well as using my wife and son as home ties will the application stand a chance then?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 19, 2020
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Obanidavid: 6:24pm On Sep 19, 2020
[quote author=Londonboi7960 post=94087045][/quote]

The school deferred my admission by their own will stating my program involve in-person interaction than online
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 6:30pm On Sep 19, 2020
Sorry about the refusal, I hope your next application will be successful. You will need to share your timeline, profile and documents you submitted so people can advise you accordingly.
Happydodo2:
pleae this is my second refusal on same clause;

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

Please help with ideas.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by skull4eva: 6:53pm On Sep 19, 2020
Rubbie21:
Hi there,
Sorry about the refusal but can I say that you shouldn't be in a hurry to submit another application. PhD is funds consuming and I wouldn't suggest you use all your personal funds for this purpose, at least get a partial funding. Getting a co sponsor as well in this case may not settle the VO's concerns on a financial stability because you still have your family here to cater for, how do you resolve that? In my opinion, try and get a funding however small as it will go a long way with your application.
Thank you but my wife is a lecturer too so finance is settled
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by skull4eva: 7:48pm On Sep 19, 2020
Rubbie21:
Hi there,

Thanks
Also i have determined that as soon as i arrive i will cut down my phd to msc if my supervisor insist that no funding. In that way i wont use all my funds
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by vibrant99(m): 8:32pm On Sep 19, 2020
Sorry for the late response though...

In addy to your Mention of my Moniker....,,

I will flog you passionately if i had a chance to meet you in person,...

PHD? what was your percentage? Above 65%?

anyway forgive me about the flogging, but where do you guys get your informations from?

Why the RUSH? keep family here and apply singly, even if you pay for tuition eventually you are Paying to "do a JOB" ! Yes PHd is JOB.

How many PHD application did you see here? Read your rejection again... it makes me happy because you actually don't have a problem, You just have to reduce the load on you. I wont lie to you, the VO loves you, and has given the NEXT VO that will tackle your application a reason to give you a visa.

Phd is a JOB!, You didn't actually educate your self entirely on that , it ok to travel with family too, But why make it glaringly that you don't intend to return?

You have a beautiful chance bro/sis... am sure your SOP was exceptional too, just that you used your hand to put yourself in trouble.

As for FUNDING, let me know your percentage ,... did the supervisor offer you an assistance ? did you have to get a confirmation letter from the Supervisor to apply for admission? Actually some schools dont Care, whats the name of the school ?

Sincerely , You are getting the VISA, Check my Moniker, i have never sounded like this before!

IT shall end in Praise (Frank.d.1st)

skull4eva:
@fatermathy, vibrant 99 et, al

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.