Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,836 members, 7,802,675 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (348) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1149248 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olasubomy: 6:58pm On Sep 20, 2020
Good morning Gurus and egbons in the house, please is this order of arrangement okay to upload on client section.

I would await your reviews sirs/Ma

Client Information Section
Statement of Purpose
Questionnaire
Degree Certificate and Transcript
ICAN Certificate and Transcript
ATS Certificate and transcript.
Evidence of registration with Advanced Diploma in International Tax.
Curriculum Vitae
Birth Certificate
Birth Certificate ( Parents and Siblings)
Passport Data Page (Parents and Siblings)
Pictures of Family (only 4)
NYSC Certificate
NECO Certificate
Employment Letters
Confirmation Letters
Promotion Letters
Work Identity Card
KPMG Training Certificate
Pictures with Office Colleagues
Police Clearance Certificate

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 20, 2020
Please those who have applied for their study permit. Kindly help
heidepaper:
Good evening house. Please could someone help with my question?
I can´t find a validate option for my family information form. the 2 other forms have it. Can I upload it without validating? or is my form faulty? Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 7:11pm On Sep 20, 2020
queenG2020:
Hello guys,

I'm a silent reader, I received my gcms notes. Does it indicate approval?

Applied July 19th outside Nigeria
AIP received Aug 19th
Request gcms Aug 26th
Received gcms Sept 17th
Why do I feel applying from the US is more easier even if that's not your home country or you're not even a Green Card holder still they approve.
How do they prove home ties? Be like all this home ties purpose of visit etc is economic migrants from Third world countries

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadeMan01(m): 7:18pm On Sep 20, 2020
NairaLuck:

Why do I feel applying from the US is more easier even if that's not your home country or you're not even a Green Card holder still they approve.
How do they prove home ties? Be like all this home ties purpose of visit etc is economic migrants from Third world countries

For sure,
I would approve his application as a VO
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 7:34pm On Sep 20, 2020
Yes, you are right. I got my visitor visa for a conference in 2011 within 5 days. Paper application from within the US, filled out and gave to someone to drop off at the embassy for me; I had a flight to catch to another state that day (on a Monday). Registered envelope sent out midweek and arrived by Saturday same week.
NairaLuck:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Insanity(m): 7:36pm On Sep 20, 2020
heidepaper:
Please those who have applied for their study permit. Kindly help

Yes, they don't have the validation field locally on the documents you mentioned. You can upload them, validation will be requested before the final transmittal of all the uploaded documents.

Goodluck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Faithyyyyy: 7:37pm On Sep 20, 2020
NairaLuck:

i think it’s almost the same across board. because it is very very important to show home ties no matter where you are applying from. i had to apply solo even in my EE profile i put non accompanying spouse because we are waiting for wes on his ends. in my study permit application it was still the same info that hubby and baby will be home ties alongside business
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 7:43pm On Sep 20, 2020
Congrats to those getting Approvals. Good news giving everyone hope.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SKEPTA: 7:46pm On Sep 20, 2020
olasubomy:
Good morning Gurus and egbons in the house, please is this order of arrangement okay to upload on client section.

I would await your reviews sirs/Ma

Client Information Section
Statement of Purpose
Questionnaire
Degree Certificate and Transcript
ICAN Certificate and Transcript
ATS Certificate and transcript.
Evidence of registration with Advanced Diploma in International Tax.
Curriculum Vitae
Birth Certificate
Birth Certificate ( Parents and Siblings)
Passport Data Page (Parents and Siblings)
Pictures of Family (only 4)
NYSC Certificate
NECO Certificate
Employment Letters
Confirmation Letters
Promotion Letters
Work Identity Card
KPMG Training Certificate
Pictures with Office Colleagues
Police Clearance Certificate

study leave approval letter and letter of introduction from your office

Also be careful with submitting too many documents because keep in mind that you have to compress everything to be under 4mb,and the compressed documents quality still has to be a bit clear so the V/O can read it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by queenG2020: 7:48pm On Sep 20, 2020
NairaLuck:

Hi NairaLuck,

I showed proof of hometies with my 2 plots of land, hubby and 2 kids are also in Naija. You are eligible to apply even without a green card as long as you maintain a legal status in country of residence and proof that you will be going back to your country after your program

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 7:50pm On Sep 20, 2020
Good to know you've raised the CSE via webform.. I pray they review ur application favorably
jwon1:
Thank you Osemigho. I replied your comment same day but I couldn't find it and had issues making new comments.

Thanks also to Pee2jay9 and Time2Soar.

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I presently work with an International Education Foundation - so I oversee major IT / Data related operations of the foundation in Nigeria as well as Programs and other on the ground liaison responsibilities as seen on my reference letter and prior before this employment I have worked across 3 different industries within core IT positions (leading companies - Oil and Gas etc).

Just to add to the parent comment again, I did not mention the financial support of family members in my application to study in Canada. I solely presented available financial/economy ties that I am not using all my savings to pursue study in Canada.

I drew a family tree showing my family information, I attached my late dad burial poster (early this year). I lost my mum while I was just 6 years - so I don't even have any document on that, I only added her picture to the family tree.

I was invited to Istanbul by IBM Turkey as the representative of their local partner company in Nigeria regarding a big project we were working on as that time. Likewise, the opportunity to travel to New York following the invitation of my present firm. So, I only felt that can establish some sense of credibility and good profile towards my personality.

The investment is with an Agritech firm - I can share the opportunity with you if you want - lol.

I am only thankful to God for his Grace to have the profile presented. I also saw similar profile with a young lady of about 25 few weeks back on this platform. So, it is only God's grace.

I have written a rebutter on this through webform as eligibility and background check is still ongoing. I only feel that the reasons made are wrong to what I presented and I clearly tied this to my short and long term career goals.

By the way - is CSE same as webform? Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Osemigho: 8:21pm On Sep 20, 2020
jwon1:
Thank you Osemigho. I replied your comment same day but I couldn't find it and had issues making new comments. ......

I’m sorry about your parents. Since it is recent, Can you get death certificate for your dad? Also explain your mum story in the letter of explanation.

I would also suggest you explain the source of your savings with few documents. Previous employment letter and pay slip can work. Break it down how you have been able to save that much in a short while. The general economic condition of Nigeria suggest that most people of your age can’t do that. So explain and prove how you became an exception. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 8:47pm On Sep 20, 2020
queenG2020:

Hi NairaLuck,

I showed proof of hometies with my 2 plots of land, hubby and 2 kids are also in Naija. You are eligible to apply even without a green card as long as you maintain a legal status in country of residence and proof that you will be going back to your country after your program
Thanks for clearing my suspicion

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ayodeji786: 3:50am On Sep 21, 2020
Hi all!

Greetings from Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada.

How is everyone finding this situation of Covid-19? And I do hope you're all staying safe please!

Wishing all those still waiting for their study permit decision success and those also yet to apply.

Cheers,
Ayodeji.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chimmy609(m): 6:04am On Sep 21, 2020
Goodmorning everyone. My name is Anyim Godswill
Please I need your assistant and guidance.this has been giving me sleepless night, because i dont know where to start, I want to study project management or Architecture technician, I also want to apply for post graduate student visa at Canada, but I wish to know from the Gurus in the house,
1) which school would easily offer me admission without too much stress?
2) which school is affordable?
3):can I use the soft copy of my transcript in securing an admission in any of the schools?
I have a GPA of 2.75. Please I need your help or maybe your number or email in other to seek your advice often thanks and God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 6:50am On Sep 21, 2020
Chimmy609:
Please I need your assistant and guidance.this has been giving me sleepless night, because i dont know where to start, I want to study project management or Architecture technician, I also want to apply for post graduate student visa at Canada, but I wish to know from the Gurus in the house,
3):can I use the soft copy of my transcript in securing an admission in any of the schools?
I have a GPA of 2.75. Please I need your help or maybe your number or email in other to seek your advice often thanks and God bless you.

Good morning Anyim,

Check the Link below for
PG. Cert in Project Management Programs & the schools (colleges) offering them

https://www.ontariocolleges.ca/en/programs/search?q=project%20Managment&page=0&by%5BProgramCredentialEnglish%5D%5B0%5D=Graduate%20Certificate

Am not a guru, but
1) There is nothing like "School that easily Give Admission", once you are able to satisfy their requirement, you stand a Chance of Getting the Admission & college admission are not that hard in getting unlike Masters Admission.

2) Google & Check the Websites of the Schools to known their Tuition Fee for International Students for the Program you want to apply to, so you can know what to budget for

3) Yes You can, but there are some few colleges that require u to evaluate ur result thru WES, but most of them accepts Soft Copy Transcript

Your CGPA is sufficient enough to apply for a PG.Cert program.

There are somethings you didn't mention:
- Is your B.SC/HND Degree relating/aligning with a PG.Cert in Project Management or PG. Cert in Architecture?
or
Probably u didn't study a Course related to the above courses you mentioned but you have enough WORK EXPERIENCE in the above Courses, If yes, you can apply ( Make sure you add a Cover Letter to the school " as part of ur document for admission" showing you are best fit for the program, despite not having a degree in it)
Cos u need to show Career Progression (Very Important)

Note:
You should be looking forward to apply to a Program available for Spring Intake 2021 (MAY) or Fall Intake (September 2021), so if after getting the Admission, you gonna have enough time to prepare & submit your Study Permit Application, cos with all this Covid-19 pandemic slowing down Process of things Worldwide, Winter Intake 2021 (January) ain't realistic for you to apply, cos after gaining the Admission, you won't have enough time to prepare & submit your study permit Application
which means the class might av started bfor you get a decision as regards your Study Permit Application

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 8:03am On Sep 21, 2020
Happydodo2:
pleae this is my second refusal on same clause;

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

Please help with ideas.

Thanks

I regret to hear your study permit application was delayed. Kindly be informed that Visa refusal based on purpose of visit has a wide scope of subjects. Please request for your GCMS notes as soon as possible so we could have a clearer picture as to the reasons behind your refusal.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 8:25am On Sep 21, 2020
Sapte:
Please for someone whose GCMS note shows refused is it advisable to withdraw the application and reapply or wait until the portal has been updated

At this point a decision has been reached on your application, there is no option for a withdrawal. You will have to be patient until the official verdict has been passed on your MyCIC account. Alternatively, you can as well address the concerns of the visa officer if the reasons stated on your GCMS note is not applicable/factual in your case.

It will end in praise.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 8:29am On Sep 21, 2020
heidepaper:
Good evening house, please I cannot find the validate option on my family information form. Is this normal?

You're not required to validate the family information form. Kindly fill in your details, save and upload the form.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Romeozigs: 8:37am On Sep 21, 2020
Pls am new on this particular thread. I want to get all the information I can getmon how to secure an MSC to Canadian schools. I am an 2:1, Engineering student. I will really appreciate . Meanwhile I am going through this thread from previous pages
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Canhopeful: 9:17am On Sep 21, 2020
@Frankrobbn1,

Please, I sent you a PM. Kindly assist me. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by buggi102kruse: 9:18am On Sep 21, 2020
Pls house help it's Urgent!

My spouse will soon apply for a student permit and our concern is that the Marriage certificate we have is the one issued by the Local Government.
Does Canada Embassy honor the one from LGA or we must go for Court Marriage at the Ministry of Interio?
This is because I intend to apply for a spousal work permit later.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 9:28am On Sep 21, 2020
@Frankrobbn1, I also sent you an email. Please find time from you busy schedule to respond. Thanks and have a good week ahead. Ciao!
Canhopeful:
@Frankrobbn1,

Please, I sent you a PM. Kindly assist me. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Bigben44: 9:32am On Sep 21, 2020
Bigben44:
Gurus I hail you all. I need candid advise on visa application. I received admission to study Pgd in Computer Systems Technology -Networking @ Centennial college for Jan 2021. I work as a system administrator in a manufacturing company(the IT field for over 15 years).I m about to make my part payment by month end or so. Firstly,I need to know what I can do pertaining to the financial aspect i.e Can I use a sponsor related/ not related to me? How will I meet up on my 6 months statement as the balance in my account is for the part payment?Is there a possibility to submit less than 3months? Can my sponsor be my employer? If yes what should the company submit? Can one use pension funds and shares docs(from both myself and wife)? Can I use landed property worth 20M in my name. What other docs can one submit for financial support as the course is approx $18k? Secondly for the study visa I would like to know about the docs required. Can I use my wife's landed docs as mine to support home ties? Pls bear with me for all these questions.
Please can someone help @ frankrobb1 pls your kind advice ...sorry I asked a lot of questions but jI ust want advise on how to arrange myself financially as I m gathering my docs together . I know every one's journey for a study permit/Visa is peculiar. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 9:32am On Sep 21, 2020
Romeozigs:
Pls am new on this particular thread. I want to get all the information I can getmon how to secure an MSC to Canadian schools. I am an 2:1, Engineering student. I will really appreciate . Meanwhile I am going through this thread from previous pages
Hi Romeozigs,

Visit the link below and look out for
Engineering Masters Program in Canada & the schools offering them (preferably look out for engineering programs related/aligning with your Undergraduate degree)

https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Engineering&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

Make sure you pick lots of schools so you can widen your admission horizon (Don't limit yourself to 5-10 schools, pick as much as you can cos you have nothing to loose if you mail over 40 Supervisors)

After your have seen schools that has your desired engineering Program,

Go thru the following Content (Helpful Tools To Gain Masters Admission),

Visit the Link below for tips on
- GETTING A SUPERVISOR AND POSSIBLE, FUNDING (Based on Experience of a Nairalander)

- What To Include In Emails To Professors When Seeking Grad. School Admission, Funding in Canada & US

- How to write a compelling SOP for Graduate school

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933556

Good luck!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 9:33am On Sep 21, 2020
Romeozigs:

Long post alert.... Let me reply you as well as start practicing how to testify here jare

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 9:39am On Sep 21, 2020
I have used my own marriage certificate issued/signed by our parents and Islamic officials at our marriage ceremony more than 10-years ago. We used it in the US visa application and I have personally used it for a successful Canada visitor visa. I have submitted it as part of my ongoing SP application. If the LGA thing (which may even carry more weights than mine in the face of western culture and/or laws) is what you have and it is genuine, I don't see any problem using it. But to be on a safe side, maybe get an "affidavit/statement of fact" with their pictures and signed by both yours and spouse's parents. This further attests to the validity of your marriage - they basically confirm what is already on the document and throw aside any doubts. My two cents only but more experienced people can add to it.

buggi102kruse:

My spouse will soon apply for a student permit and our concern is that the Marriage certificate we have is the one issued by the Local Government.
Does Canada Embassy honor the one from LGA or we must go for Court Marriage at the Ministry of Interio?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 9:41am On Sep 21, 2020
Chimmy609:

You can check Conestoga College at Kitchener for her PGC in Project Management. The admission process takes about 2-4 weeks and the tuition cost 16kCAD. You can apply with the soft copy of your transcripts.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 9:46am On Sep 21, 2020
buggi102kruse:

I would personally prefer that you should get the Court Marriage at the Ministry of Interio. This is very much acceptable and recognized by Embassies not only Canadian embassy. It would also be very helpful in your spousal open work permit as an evidence that you're legally married to your spouse.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 9:49am On Sep 21, 2020
@Frankrobbn1,

Does this apply to those who have been married for several years (say 10yrs+) and won't this raise a red flag when they had kids years before the date of their marriage certificate.

Frankrobbn1:

I would personally prefer that you should get the Court Marriage at the Ministry of Interio. This is very much acceptable and recognized by Embassies not only Canadian embassy. It would also be very helpful in your spousal open work permit as an evidence that you're legally married to your spouse.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 10:01am On Sep 21, 2020
Bigben44:
Gurus I hail you all. I need candid advise on visa application. I received admission to study Pgd in Computer Systems Technology -Networking @ Centennial college for Jan 2021. I work as a system administrator in a manufacturing company(the IT field for over 15 years).I m about to make my part payment by month end or so. Firstly,I need to know what I can do pertaining to the financial aspect i.e Can I use a sponsor related/ not related to me? How will I meet up on my 6 months statement as the balance in my account is for the part payment?Is there a possibility to submit less than 3months? Can my sponsor be my employer? If yes what should the company submit? Can one use pension funds and shares docs(from both myself and wife)? Can I use landed property worth 20M in my name. What other docs can one submit for financial support as the course is approx $18k? Secondly for the study visa I would like to know about the docs required. Can I use my wife's landed docs as mine to support home ties? Pls bear with me for all these questions.

Bigben44:
Please can someone help @ frankrobb1 pls your kind advice ...sorry I asked a lot of questions but jI ust want advise on how to arrange myself financially as I m gathering my docs together . I know every one's journey for a study permit/Visa is peculiar. Thanks

First and foremost, I would like to congratulate you on your acceptance into a DLI in Canada. Having read through your questions with regards to your application, it's highly advisable that you should use a sponsor that is directly related to you (i.e parents or siblings). Your application success is considerably slim should your employer stands as a sponsor to your application. It is also important to note that the Canadian visa officers don't regard company sponsorship as a strong proof of funds for study permit application.

The landed property documents co-owned by yourself and your spouse are your home ties to Nigeria. Please be advised that Land, car, building or gold/diamond can't be used as POF as they are not considered as liquid cash. Also, you're ought to provide a bank statement covering for the period of 4-6 months in order to demonstrate financial stability for your studies in Canada.

Given that you're married with kids, you need to explain how your family will be faring while you're away for studies. Is your wife gainfully employed in Nigeria? A proof of her employment details should be submitted along side your application.

You can include the pension statements in support of your financial status, however you shouldn't rely on your pension as the primary POF.

Please check on this link to gather the documents for your study permit application - LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR STUDY VISA APPLICATION.

I hope this information satisfies your enquiry. Should you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask here.

It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 10:12am On Sep 21, 2020
Akannitommy:
@Frankrobbn1,

Does this apply to those who have been married for several years (say 10yrs+) and won't this raise a red flag when they had kids years before the date of their marriage certificate.

The date on the marriage certificate doesn't have any impact on the credibility or genuineness of your marriage. You need to include other supporting documents like traditional wedding photos, the marriage licence from the church or mosque etc. to substantiate your claims.

It will end in praise.

(1) (2) (3) ... (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.