Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,695 members, 7,802,040 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:19 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (392) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1149042 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Annettevoke(f): 4:19am On Oct 05, 2020
House pls how is gift deed notarized?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SKEPTA: 4:21am On Oct 05, 2020
Annettevoke:
House pls how is gift deed notarized?

By a lawyer who is a notary public
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 5:43am On Oct 05, 2020
Hello Londonboi7960

Sorry to hear about your refusal.

You should order your GCMS notes because the reasons you were given in your refusal letter are generic. To see the specific cause of your rejection, you need to order your GCMS notes. To do that, just google “GCMS notes sites” and you’ll see several websites you can order it from. It costs between $15-$20 and can take up to 35 days to be ready. Please order it immediately. From the notes you’ll see the visa officers concerns and you’ll be able to address them before replying.

For purpose of visit, it could be that your sop (statement of purpose) was weak or the course you want to go for doesn’t align with your previous study or employment or it doesn’t show a career progression.

For personal assets and financial status, maybe you didn’t show any property and your account balance wasn’t on the high side. Or it could be that you’re a bit older + employed and the visa officer expects you to have a better financial standing but you relied totally on a sponsor.

Meanwhile you can share your profile and all documents you submitted so the house can advice you while you wait for your notes.

For your profile you can share
Marital status and number of children if any
Self-sponsored or did you use a sponsor?
Previous course studied and level (e.g bsc, HND e.t.c.)
Course you’re going for in Canada and level
If you’re employed, the field the employment is in (eg admin assistant, lawyer etc)
If you are employed, is your salary okay?
Tuition for 1 year and total duration of the course
Did you submit proof of any landed property or other assets?
How much proof of fund did you show? (Was it your personal account or from a sponsor)

Best wishes

Londonboi7960:
Hello my Fellow GURUS in the House pls I need advice on this after my BIOMETRIC on the 21-9-2020 I got a Refusal Letter on the 28-9-2020 on just 2 Reasons which re

(1) I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

(2) I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can
demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be
accompanied by a new processing fee*

Pls Advice Pls I want to request for my GCMS NOTE or I should just work on this like this pls House I Would be very Glad if I can get good rexponce

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 6:12am On Oct 05, 2020
Ausvanmart:
very new to this page or thread. It’s great there are people who are ready to share these information selflessly. Have been reading but the more I read the more difficult it looks. I am planning to apply for admission but getting a supervisor for PhD is kind of challenging. I wrote about 100 professors last year but no positive response and have written 3 last week yet no response. I need someone to guide me through this. @frankrobbn and other gurus please help. I don’t mind pms or mails. Thank you in anticipation.
Hi,

Try make use of the guides/contents/videos in the link below to revamp your PH.D Application
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933556

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by LordAA(m): 6:25am On Oct 05, 2020
Toluchenko:

Hello...congrats in advance...May it be successful by God's grace.

Pls How did you pay for ur 235CAD (application + Biometric fees) ?? Was it through your naira debit card or what??

Also, which conversion rate did you use to calculate the naira equivalent of ur fees (tuition, living expenses e.t.c) ??

You can use Access bank card, their limit is $300 but their rate I quite high. I was charge almost 380 naira to 1CAD when I paid mine.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dommakavelli: 6:48am On Oct 05, 2020
It seems they made a clerical error. They already put a note that the eligibility note was entered by mistake, so I wouldn't worry about it, especially, if you received medical and AIP after the date they made the error. Can you share what you have on note 2 and note 1? Did they enter any other note after the one they entered in error?

fehinebony:
Hello everyone, @all the gurus on this forum, please I need some clarity on this.
I ordered my Gcms notes , I have attached the picture of the summary I got.

Medical request was sent on 21/07/20
Medical was updated to pass on 28/7/20
I received AIP 18/08/20

Please observe that the decision was written on the same day the medical request was sent, and I received
AIP almost a month after that.
Also I noticed "Entered in error"
Please what does this mean?

Thanks as I look forward to your feedbacks .

For Economic ties, I submitted documents for 6 six properties, 4 owned by my husband(sponsor) and 2 co owned by my husband and I. All property documents had valuation reports
I paid a full year tuition and attached evidence (18k CAD)
My husbands personal account had 11million naira ,
I had N2million in one account and had N4million in another account.
I have my own business which was incorporated in 2010.( submitted certificate of incorporation and tax documents).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 6:56am On Oct 05, 2020
Hi,

Welcome on board. Can you provide a summary profile? Degrees and grades, current work, research and publication experiences, age (doesn't matter really because I am 41), target PhD program and topic etc. What you need to know upfront is that each person's PhD admission, funding and study permit journey is unique. Finally, there are different processes and requirements for securing admission and funding peculiar to different disciplines and universities. When you come back with response to my questions, I am sure we will get help from more experienced folks on here.

Cheers.
Ausvanmart:
very new to this page or thread. It’s great there are people who are ready to share these information selflessly. Have been reading but the more I read the more difficult it looks. I am planning to apply for admission but getting a supervisor for PhD is kind of challenging. I wrote about 100 professors last year but no positive response and have written 3 last week yet no response. I need someone to guide me through this. @frankrobbn and other gurus please help. I don’t mind pms or mails. Thank you in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Thermodynamics(m): 7:35am On Oct 05, 2020
Hello house, I'm applying to a school in Canada, I'm at the point where I have to select full-time or
part-time.

I'm planning to work and Study at the same time.

what do you think I should fill there?

do I choose full-time or do I choose part time?

what do Nigerians usually choose?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Thermodynamics(m): 7:35am On Oct 05, 2020
Hello house, I'm applying to a school in Canada, I'm at the point where I have to select full-time or
part-time.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by chloe3: 7:45am On Oct 05, 2020
Pee2Jay9:
This is like the first notes I'm seeing that seems really truthful. I'll agree that the VO did his /her job well for being this detailed, it shows that the application was properly assessed. If I was young as u, I'll do a 1 year MBA here in Nigeria and enter the Express entry pool. With high scores from IELTS and increased work experience, your score will be very high in a few years and you will get it if PR is still available, and no VO will be able to discretionarily deny u visa.

But if you choose to reapply, I don't know what else you can change since you confirmed that your personal and financial assets are low.

Yes my personal finance is low at the moment but my sponsor which is my sister will be covering all my expenses with a statement of $54,000 USD. My question is, do i need to submit my own bank statement along side her's ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nastan: 8:16am On Oct 05, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Yes....

Google the following skools & do research on their PG.Cert in Business Analytics Programs

- Business Analytics
St. Lawrence College, Kingston, ON

- Business Analytics
Cambrian College of Applied Arts and Technology, Sudbury, ON

- Analytics for Business Decision Making
George Brown College, Toronto, ON

- Data Analytics for Business Decisions
Durham College, Oshawa, ON

- Analytics for Business Decision Making
Mohawk College, Hamilton, ON

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Legacyedition: 8:19am On Oct 05, 2020
Chocs:
Hello Legacyedition

You do not need to write your name if you you’re applying online. When you are about to submit your application, you’ll give a signature to cover for all the required spaces.

All the best

Thanks...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nastan: 8:24am On Oct 05, 2020
[quote author=Thermodynamics post=94620232]Hello house, I'm applying to a school in Canada, I'm at the point where I have to select full-time or
part-time.

what do Nigerians usually choose?[/quote

Full-time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kamsiroyce: 8:32am On Oct 05, 2020
Thank you @Chocs for your response. However, I have checked my spam and did not see the confirmation message. Is it right to request for another appointment? Thanks.
Chocs:
Hello Kamsiroyce

Have you checked your spam in your email??
The email should look like this: please see the image below

You can wait a few hours to see if it will come.

All the best

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 8:35am On Oct 05, 2020
Hello Kamsiroyce

I don’t have experience with this. Hopefully others in the house can help.

If you didn’t receive a confirmation email, then you probably don’t have a reserved slot. You’d also need to print this confirmation letter to be allowed into vfs to give your biometrics

@lekkiboe @frankrobbn1 @justmellow and others, please could you help?

All the best
Kamsiroyce:
Thank you @Chocs for your response. However, I have checked my spam and did not see the confirmation message. Is it right to request for another appointment? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 8:36am On Oct 05, 2020
Hello Thermodynamics,

You need to select full time.

Even if students are allowed to work 20 hours/ week during school terms and more hours during holidays, you’ll be a full time student.

All the best

Thermodynamics:
part-time.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 8:40am On Oct 05, 2020
I'm assuming that you submitted hers as sufficient as it was in your previous application and it wasn't still enough for them.. I've seen people get approval without submitting theirs and the one of their sponsor was enough for the VO.. Maybe you can have her transfer funds to you and explain why she's investing in you. It is a fact that no 2 applications are the same so we can only speculate as luck is the ultimate in this. Cheers

chloe3:

Yes my personal finance is low at the moment but my sponsor which is my sister will be covering all my expenses with a statement of $54,000 USD. My question is, do i need to submit my own bank statement along side her's ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadeMan01(m): 8:57am On Oct 05, 2020
Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Macj247: 9:06am On Oct 05, 2020
Chocs:
Hello Legacyedition

You do not need to write your name if you you’re applying online. When you are about to submit your application, you’ll give a signature to cover for all the required spaces.

All the best

please, how can I get the website to download cic recent forms?
thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 9:24am On Oct 05, 2020
Hello MadeMan01

Sorry to hear about your refusal

If you’re reapplying you’ll use same UCI number.

The reasons you were given in your refusal letter are generic. To see the specific cause of your rejection, you need to order your GCMS notes. To do that, just google “GCMS notes sites” and you’ll see several websites you can order it from. It costs between $15-$20 and can take up to 35 days to be ready. Please order it immediately. From the notes you’ll see the visa officers concerns and you’ll be able to address them properly before replying.

For Canada you need to show tuition for 1 year plus at least 10,000 cad for living expenses (that’s why I asked how much your tuition is) And sometimes they check it the person would be capable of paying the second year tuition (if course is more than a year)
To tackle the insufficient funds, your sponsor can pay your tuition (please be sure of the tuition refund policy of your school before doing this) and he can also transfer 10,000 cad as living expenses to your personal account (he can state this in his sponsorship letter) this will show that your brother will sponsor you indeed.

For purpose of visit, it could be that your sop (statement of purpose) was weak or the course you’re going for does not align with your previous education or line of work.

Meanwhile you can share your profile so the house can advice you while you wait for your GCMS notes.

For your profile you can share
Course you’re going for in Canada
If you are employed, is your salary okay?
Your tuition for 1 year and total duration of the course
Did you sponsor do an affidavit of sponsorship for you?

Once you get your GCMS notes and see the concerns, you’ll work on them and attach a letter of explanation with your next application, stating what you have done to address the visa officers complain.

All I have said are just speculations, the GCMS notes would make everything clear.

Wait for experienced people in the house to drop their advice.

All the best

MadeMan01:

Hello house,
I got rejected as well on Saturday. With exact same reasosns given in @ayyoshert refusal. I am contemplating reapplication before month's end as I feel I have strong case.

Gurus how do I go about reapplication. @Lekiboboe @ConradAce @Frankrobbn1 etc.

My questions
1. Do I retain my UCI number and application number when I reapply?
2. How do I go about explaining in my rebuttal, do I refer to my initial LOE?
3. Look at the status of my dashboard on IRCC (attached), everything passed except eligibility whereas I satisfied all Eligibility requirements. What does Back ground check completed mean? Does it mean it is done, OK and won't be repeated?
4. Initial application I attached
a.Sponsor letter and SOA from brother who is UK citizen £40,000+
b. Sponsor UK passport bio data page
c. My statement of account N5m
d. My pension statement N5,211,111
e. My two title deed for land in Imota Ikorodu and Igbesa Ogun
f. My tax card and online statement
g. Professional certification NIESV, IFMA and ESVARBON
h. NYSC
i. CV
j. Proof of ownership of car
k. ICAS Educational Credential Assessment evaluating my HND credentials as equivalent to applied bachelor degree (school was closed when I applied in July so no transcript)
l. No wife or kid yet (don't want to start faking relationship)
m. Worked for a bank from 2009-2019. Now self employed as a real estate consultant due to COVID
n. LOA from UWinnipeg PGD Spring 2021(May)

I wanna now respond to the points and include
-IELTS result though I don't need it as coming from English speaking country
-pictures of father, mom, me, and two bros including the one in UK
-strong rebuttal stressing why I will to return to Nigeria and letting them know I have UK as option if I wanna relocate due to bro citizenship
To all those who have reapplied and were successful please advise me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 9:24am On Oct 05, 2020
Hello,
I had the same issue when I booked appointment. I went ahead to book another one after waiting for hours without getting confirmation, then i got confirmation of the first appointment shortly after the second appointment.
This almost cost me cos I had two appointments to my name and they asked me to rebook if not for my plenty pleading and begging.
I advise you to chill, maybe till the end of today.
Kamsiroyce:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 9:34am On Oct 05, 2020
Hello Macj247

After creating your GC account, you’d be asked some questions, after answering a check list would be created for you, with the required documents to upload. All forms would be there for you to download.

To create your GC account if you haven’t, use the link below. Click on “don’t have an account? register” and follow the instructions

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html

All the best

Macj247:

please, how can I get the website to download cic recent forms?
thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Thermodynamics(m): 9:37am On Oct 05, 2020
hello, I studied mechanical and production engineering here in Nigeria, I'm currently applying to a university in Canada, but I have difficulty in choosing a specific engineering course.

I'm thinking of choosing between

1. Mechanical Engineering

2. Process engineering

3. Oil and Gas engineering

Can someone in Canada who knows how the system works please suggest the best option for me and explain the possible reasons why?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Thermodynamics(m): 9:39am On Oct 05, 2020
hello, I studied mechanical and production engineering here in Nigeria, I'm currently applying to a university in Canada, but I have difficulty in choosing a specific engineering course.

2. Process engineering

Can someone in Canada who knows how the system works please suggest the best option for me and explain the possible reasons why?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 9:39am On Oct 05, 2020
Chocs:
Hello Macj247

After creating your GC account, you’d be asked some questions, after answering a check list would be created for you, with the required documents to upload. All forms would be there for you to download.

To create your GC account if you haven’t, use the link below. Click on “don’t have an account? register” and follow the instructions

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html

All the best

Honorable Chocs

You are doing well ma'am smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 9:41am On Oct 05, 2020
Hello Thermodynamics

This is not a response to your question.

But whatever you choose, you’ll need to be able to explain (in your statement of purpose) how it aligns with your previous study and/or your work experience and how it would help you with career advancement. You can just put that behind your head when making your choice.

Best wishes
Thermodynamics:

2. Process engineering

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Miscellaneous(m): 9:48am On Oct 05, 2020
Lekiboboe:

U are welcome,

Well it all depends on you,
if you av a minimum of 2.1 & you are able to craft your Masters application well (SOP, Mail etc.) and woo a Potential Supervisor on why he/she should accept u to his/her Lab., then there should be light at the end of the tunnel for u.

Thanks man. I've begun to search for schools and will start crafting mails. Thanks once again for all your good works here

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Thermodynamics(m): 9:49am On Oct 05, 2020
Chocs:
Hello Thermodynamics,

You need to select full time.

Even if students are allowed to work 20 hours/ week during school terms and more hours during holidays, you’ll be a full time student.

All the best

Thanks Chocs
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 9:53am On Oct 05, 2020
Miscellaneous:

Thanks man. I've begun to search for schools and will start crafting mails. Thanks once again for all your good works here
Alright.....nice
U are welcome, To God be the Glory

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Thermodynamics(m): 9:59am On Oct 05, 2020
Chocs:
Hello Thermodynamics

This is not a response to your question.

But whatever you choose, you’ll need to be able to explain (in your statement of purpose) how it aligns with your previous study and/or your work experience and how it would help you with career advancement. You can just put that behind your head when making your choice.

Best wishes

They all align with my work experience, I know what to write on my statement of purpose for each course.

but what I'm after now is the job prospects of the 3fields.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Legacyedition: 10:47am On Oct 05, 2020
Please for police character certificate. Am I uploading just the certificate or plus other 2 forms with my passport that I was given. The second one also has my fingerprint . I need to remove some documents to create space. Corporate account already occupy 25pages, personal, 10 pages.

Please help..

Cc: chocs lekiboboe
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 11:00am On Oct 05, 2020
Hello Thermodynamics,

The job prospects for the jobs should be for Nigeria and not Canada. Since you will be returning to Nigeria (theoretically) after your studies.

Best wishes
Thermodynamics:

They all align with my work experience, I know what to write on my statement of purpose for each course.

but what I'm after now is the job prospects of the 3fields.

(1) (2) (3) ... (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.