Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (393) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1154727 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Legacyedition: 11:00am On Oct 05, 2020
Legacyedition:
Please for police character certificate. Am I uploading just the certificate or plus other 2 forms with my passport that I was given. The second one also has my fingerprint . I need to remove some documents to create space. Corporate account already occupy 25pages, personal, 10 pages.

Please help..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ayyoshert: 11:01am On Oct 05, 2020
Time2soar:

If the available funds cover the tuition for the two years and the living expenses for the whole family for two years, you can reapply with the whole family but you need to state what is at home that will bring you back and that should be your business and also state clearly why you want your family to accompany you.

It is better when you are the sole sponsor, it shows your business is doing very well.
Okay thank you, i appreciate. I will wait on the notes to know the specifics and then reapply. God bless.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Legacyedition: 11:06am On Oct 05, 2020
Legacyedition:
Please for police character certificate. Am I uploading just the certificate or plus other 2 forms with my passport that I was given. The second one also has my fingerprint . I need to remove some documents to create space. Corporate account already occupy 25pages, personal, 10 pages.

Please help..

Cc: chocs lekiboboe
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by FifthTribe: 11:17am On Oct 05, 2020
Just got my refusal letter. I have paid my fees and there’s enough money in my account. I am confused cause no one is accompanying me..cause am so single...please help

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ckechi: 11:27am On Oct 05, 2020
Has anyone reapplied for an SP without using a new police certificate?

My old one has expired and I'm wondering if I can go ahead without getting a new one?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Macj247: 11:33am On Oct 05, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

You can leave the current date blank and fill the date you started the job.
It will end in praise

Please, how can I apply for masters degree in Manitoba, Canada or scholarship.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 05, 2020
Ckechi:
Has anyone reapplied for an SP without using a new police certificate?

My old one has expired and I'm wondering if I can go ahead without getting a new one?
yes get a new one or apply without it but don’t add the expired one
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by sneagolben: 11:36am On Oct 05, 2020
Pls I have a question is there is anywhere I can do my upfront medicals in port harcourt or do I have to go to Lagos or Abuja?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 05, 2020
Nwanyiokpa so sorry I was unable to respond to you on time I was locked out so I created a new account , and I couldn’t reach via mail well with your notes I saw you really don’t have any issue it’s literally just finance so the best thing is to pay the full tuition and get your brother to send the living expenses to your account. A good LOE would likewise.
You I’ll get it next time !

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ckechi: 11:43am On Oct 05, 2020
Tonyodg2:
yes get a new one or apply without it but don’t add the expired one

Thank you. But do you know anybody who has applied without one and it was successful? I just don't want it to be a problem.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 11:43am On Oct 05, 2020
sneagolben:
Pls I have a question is there is anywhere I can do my upfront medicals in port harcourt or do I have to go to Lagos or Abuja?
only Lagos or Abuja !!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 11:59am On Oct 05, 2020
Legacyedition:

Please help..

Cc: chocs lekiboboe
No,

U will upload the Certificate and those other pages having your Finger prints & other information

and by the way don't be too bothered about the number of Pages, what u should be bothered about is the 4.00 MB / 4.09 MB file upload limit
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 05, 2020
Ckechi:

Thank you. But do you know anybody who has applied without one and it was successful? I just don't want it to be a problem.
I know a lot of people who has applied without it
Pcc is not compulsory but people add it for all righteousness
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 12:00pm On Oct 05, 2020
sneagolben:
No,

Strictly Lagos ( IOMHAC & Q-life Clinic) & Abuja (IOMHAC)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 12:03pm On Oct 05, 2020
Plenty persons have gotten approval without Police certificate.. They have ur previous submission so I don't think you should submit another. The 3 months duration na naija parole

Ckechi:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 12:13pm On Oct 05, 2020
Thermodynamics:
hello, I studied mechanical and production engineering here in Nigeria, I'm currently applying to a university in Canada, but I have difficulty in choosing a specific engineering course.

I'm thinking of choosing between

1. Mechanical Engineering

2. Process engineering

3. Oil and Gas engineering

Can someone in Canada who knows how the system works please suggest the best option for me and explain the possible reasons why?
Hi Thermodynamic,

All the Job prospects/Future Goals u gonna be talking about in ur SOP should be strictly directed on how the knowledge u will acquire in the skool in Canada will be applied to Organizations/Firms u gonna get employment from in Nigeria or how its gonna improve the Nigerian Economy etc.

Don't make a mistake of mentioning any Job Prospects or ur Future Goals of the Program in Canada in ur SOP, jz only have that in your mind (for ur own consumption)

As per system that works in Canada
Go to the
Living in Canada Thread
https://www.nairaland.com/4933819/living-canada-life-canadian-immigrant/384

And ask of the "System & Job Prospects of the above Engineering Programs in Canada",

am sure people in that field in that thread will be able to give u a clear & concise response on the best Engineering specialization/Path to follow

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Macj247: 12:18pm On Oct 05, 2020
Chocs:
Hello Macj247

You’re welcome. I’m female smiley

Have you gotten an admission to any institution yet?
(1) Before applying for a study permit you must first get an admission to a DLI (designated learning institution). It can be a college or University.
Make sure you check if it is eligible for PGWP(post graduate work permit) which would let you stay back to work in Canada after studying. You can check the name of the school in the link below. After entering what province (area) the school is in, you would see if it is eligible for PGWP (they write yes next to it if it is eligible)

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/designated-learning-institutions-list.html

(2) Next you apply for your visa. There are two ways to apply: 1) paper application submitted to VFS (2) online application

Please read the info in the link below. If you choose online application (which I recommend) just click the link, click “apply online for a study permit” choose “create account” and after account creation, you’d be asked some questions and based on your answer a checklist with the list of documents would be created for you.

If you choose to do the paper way, you can find the process in the link below too

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/student.asp

Please make sure you read this thread from page one to the end. Take your time to learn about the application process to prevent a rejection. People can advise you, but the major work lies in your hands to read wide and learn about the process. If anything isn’t clear, feel free to ask questions on the thread.

At the bottom of this page, you’ll see different numbers, those are the page numbers for this thread (group). Please click on 1 and start reading till you get to the end.

All the best

chocs, I have the DLI and I chose Manitoba, booth college. please, what's how will I then apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 12:57pm On Oct 05, 2020
Hello Legacyedition

I know of an applicant that uploaded just the certificate and got his visa. I don’t know if there’s any rule regarding that.

Best wishes [quote author=Legacyedition post=94626509][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 1:03pm On Oct 05, 2020
There is currently no available registered clinic in port harcourt, just Lagos and Abuja.

Below is a list of all the panel physicians in Nigeria with their contact details.

The following Panel Physicians are available in this country - ordered by city:
City: Abuja
Name: IOM MHAC Abuja
Address: No. 55, Hassan Musa Katsina Road ( at the junction of Hassan Musa Katsina Road and J-K Gadzama Street), Asokoro.,
E-mail: iomabujamedicalbooking@iom.int,
On line booking: https://mymedical.iom.int/omas/# frmHome (This panel physician or clinic provides services paid by Interim Federal Health Program) Google map: https:///maps/sNhDiu5JQtxjvCby9
Telephone: +234(0) 807 219 1122/0809 563 7898
0808 522 1427/0703 289 8491
Spoken Languages: English

City: Lagos
Name: Patrick Olayinka Olowojolu
Address: Q-Life Family Clinic,
Plot 155a Prince Ade Odedina Street,
off Sinari Daranijo, Victoria Island Annexe,
E-mail: y.olowojolu@qlifefamilyclinic.com/ info@qlifefamilyclinic.com
Telephone: +234-8113975433 or +234 7027704055

Name: Adetokunbo Omodele Alakija
E-mail: adealakija@hotmail.com / info@qlifefamilyclinic.com
Telephone: +234 8113975433
+234 7027704055

Name: Olutayo Olasimbo Labiyi
E-mail: jollywel3@gmail.com
Telephone: +234-8113975433 or +234 7027704055
Spoken Languages: English, Yoruba

Name: IOM MHAC Lagos
Address: No. 1 Isaac John Street,,
GRA Ikeja,
(This panel physician or clinic provides services paid by Interim Federal Health Program. Ce professionnel désigné ou cette clinique offrent des services payés par le Programme fédéral de santé intérimaire.)
Telephone: +234(0) 807 2191112; +234 802 2264059
+234(0) 909 9991256; +234(0) 909 2156079

Best wishes
sneagolben:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Macj247: 1:37pm On Oct 05, 2020
vsylva:
Hi Guys... @Frankrobbn1 @justwise so im thinking of applying to Humber College Web Design and Development program

Credential: Certificate of Achievement
Program Length: 2 semesters

I already gained Admission to Georgian College for a 2yrs diploma in Interactive Media Design - Web +Co-op last year which i differed to this year sept 2020. But being that im self sponsoring i want to play it safer with a one year program because of proof of funds gathering. My challenge is does it matter the credential one gets .. Humber is Certificate of Achievement while Georgian is Ontario College Diploma.

What is really driving this thought is with Georgian Estimated Tuition for the 1st year is = 17,070.07 and its a 2 yrs program so for proof of funds i would be looking at Tuition 17,070.07 + 1 yr Living 10,000 + 2000 = $29070.07... => N8,015,820 ,, if i am going to put together proof of funds i also have to add the tuition for the 2nd yr to answer the question of me covering my cost of tuition without needing to work in canada.. thats an extra N4,706,930 summing it up to N12,722,750.... i am a married man with 3 kids.. im not going with my family so i will need to more money to show that i still have money left behind for the family... so we are looking at 15Million at least... all this for Georgian College...

With Humber College Program

Credential: Certificate of Achievement
Program Length: 2 semesters

The 2020-2021 fee for two semesters is: $9,704.38 = N2,675,900

Additional Costs
Approximately $50 to $500 – web hosting services and recommended textbooks. $500 = N137,871

Living expense 1yr: $10000 = N2,757,410

Misc: $2000 = N551,483

POF needed = N6,122,664+

Adding what i will leave aside for the family lets just say 8M..... Humber is making alot more sense... but my question is... Certificate of Achievement vs Diploma

What would you advice.... anyone...

Thank God for you bro.
please, can you tell me processes you undergo because am just starting.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ausvanmart(f): 1:55pm On Oct 05, 2020
Thank you for your response. My first degree is medicine and surgery (2010, Nigeria)cGP unclassified. Second degree Masters in Public Health (2015, Nigeria) cGP 3.95/5 . Working in primary care clinic since after internship in 2011. MPH thesis topic on cervical cancer awareness amongst rural women. No publication yet. Target program is public health/clinical epidemiology or immunology and infectious diseases and COVID-19 is the focus currently working in Covid-19 isolation center since may.
I really need a guide.

Welcome on board. Can you provide a summary profile? Degrees and grades, current work, research and publication experiences, age (doesn't matter really because I am 41), target PhD program and topic etc. What you need to know upfront is that each person's PhD admission, funding and study permit journey is unique. Finally, there are different processes and requirements for securing admission and funding peculiar to different disciplines and universities. When you come back with response to my questions, I am sure we will get help from more experienced folks on here.

Cheers.
[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 2:15pm On Oct 05, 2020
fehinebony:

Oh yes, how can I send the notes to you?

Hello Fehinebony,

Sorry for the delayed response. You can do so by clicking on my signature.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 2:20pm On Oct 05, 2020
Chocs:
Hello Kamsiroyce

I don’t have experience with this. Hopefully others in the house can help.

If you didn’t receive a confirmation email, then you probably don’t have a reserved slot. You’d also need to print this confirmation letter to be allowed into vfs to give your biometrics

@lekkiboe @frankrobbn1 @justmellow and others, please could you help?

All the best

Hello Kamsiroyce

If a confirmation email wasn't received then it wasn't successful. Ensure you're booking for an available date. Use the search column on the thread to search for info on how to go about the process. It has been extensively discussed by Lekiboboe and others who did theirs.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 2:52pm On Oct 05, 2020
Hello Macj247

Well done for deciding on your DLI. Visit the college’ website, go to your preferred course and you’ll see application instructions. If anything isn’t clear, send an email to the school, their email would be available on the website.

Best wishes
Macj247:
 chocs, I have the DLI and I chose Manitoba, booth college. please, what's how will I then apply?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 3:06pm On Oct 05, 2020
I suggest you ask this question in the Living in Canada forum.. I'll recommend Mechanical sha

Thermodynamics:

They all align with my work experience, I know what to write on my statement of purpose for each course.

but what I'm after now is the job prospects of the 3fields.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by bayocanny: 3:28pm On Oct 05, 2020
Ontario Advanced Diploma, is it the same as PGD?

kindly assist gurus in the house
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by sonofakin: 3:33pm On Oct 05, 2020
Just like life, Canada SP application process is chaos, success is arbitrary and IMO, the only constant is being consistent with putting in the best effort. I have been on this thread for a while now, ever since I had the SP dream. I don't have it again for now but I still keep myself updated for information purpose. Obviously, using the NL environment as a metric, rejection seems to be dominant. If I will advice any applicant:

1. Work on your LOE/SOP: I think no Nigerian should submit an application without an SOP, it will be a huge gamble. And please, don't be random about it. The process should start right from when you are choosing a course, to when you are applying to the school, to when you actually got the admission, and finally to when you are applying for SP. Make your SOP make sense, dot all the I's and cross the T's. Personalize it, tell a story, your own story. Most importantly, just like we do in Academic research, anticipate danger. What do I mean by this. Let's say you are going for an MBA, there are obviously tonnes of schools offering it in Nigeria at cheaper prices, tonnes of distant Learning/online MBA from reputable international institutions. You have to acknowledge that in your SOP and then give a logical reason why that Canadian school/Canadian MBA is the right choice for you. There are lots of these holes to plug. In summary, anticipate the danger, acknowledge the danger, give logical reasons. SOP should not be what you wtite in a day or two, especially if your own case is complicated.

2. Documents: I always ask myself this question. How many of the documents we submit are actually authentic? How many can be easily verified especially when most of these documents have no digital trail? Bank statement? LOA? Deeds? Land documents, survey plans, valuations? Pay slips? Appointment letters? How many? My answer is LOA and bank statement, yours can be different. Most of these VOs know that these documents can easily be gotten from anywhere and pay no real cognisance to them. I have been on two different live sessions of ex-US consular officers where they acknowledged this. One who worked in China said they know a place people get them in Shanghai. My point is don't think most of those documents will save you, yes you can add them, but don't let them be your strongest points

3. Home ties: I guess this is mostly economic or social ties. I think if you are young-ish (maybe between 17 to 25), don't let your home ties be your parent's properties, they are not yours and the VO doesn't expect you to have those properties. Instead focus on job prospects, let your parent's properties be only additional points. Older applicants have the luxury of economic and social ties; job prospects, properties, family etc

In summary, work on your bank statement and SOP. Tell your story, cover everything, apply like it is your only chance.
I don't think there's is a formula to a successful SP approval but I think we can still do our part

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 4:14pm On Oct 05, 2020
bayocanny:
Ontario Advanced Diploma, is it the same as PGD?

kindly assist gurus in the house
No, a PGD is not the same as Advanced Diploma

Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) /Post Graduate Certificate (PG. Cert) is a postgraduate qualification awarded after bachelor’s degree. It is a one-year or two years program comprising of two/three to four semesters.

The duration of an Advanced Diploma course is two years, and it is lower than a bachelor’s degree

In summary, in a case of you having either a B.SC (2.2 or 3rd Class) or an HND, a PGD or PG. Cert is what you should go for

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kamsiroyce: 4:48pm On Oct 05, 2020
Thank you Just mellow. I finally got the email confirmation this morning and I now have a slot.This was after 3 days of booking for biometrics. Thank you once again.
JustMellow:

Hello Kamsiroyce

If a confirmation email wasn't received then it wasn't successful. Ensure you're booking for an available date. Use the search column on the thread to search for info on how to go about the process. It has been extensively discussed by Lekiboboe and others who did theirs.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kamsiroyce: 4:50pm On Oct 05, 2020
Thank you Chocs. I've finally gotten a confirmation email . Cheers.
Chocs:
Hello Kamsiroyce

I don’t have experience with this. Hopefully others in the house can help.

If you didn’t receive a confirmation email, then you probably don’t have a reserved slot. You’d also need to print this confirmation letter to be allowed into vfs to give your biometrics

@lekkiboe @frankrobbn1 @justmellow and others, please could you help?

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by GreatMage: 5:54pm On Oct 05, 2020
Hello Canadians;

Is it true that I can get permanent residency from stating 3 years in Canada?

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62