Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:27 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (396) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1134902 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 5:24pm On Oct 06, 2020
Sharonyeah:
Just was going to upload an attachment, I went to the site again. The program is under post graduate diploma ooo. someone can check it up e jo ooo. I almost got confused.
You shouldn't have gone thru Study Portal to check for a Graduate Certificate Program, what Study Portal Showed is totally different from what is on the skool website. The information on that study portal website about this program seems to be more applicable to Domestic Students not International Student.

You should av gone to Ontario college website or the Centennial College Website to check for the Program qualification before applying

On the school website, this is an ADVANCED DIPLOMA and has nothing to do with Graduate Certificate Program.

This is a wrong Academic Progression

I don't know aw u can change this situation now that you have paid Tuition deposit..

With this Development,

You really need to come up with a very Cogent reason in ur SOP on why u are going for an Advanced Diploma instead of a PG. Cert / PGD

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by starkyniichan(m): 5:26pm On Oct 06, 2020
TheExalted:
Hello gurus in the house. My son got a student visa to Canada but the school just announced that January classes will be done online. Will he be allowed in into Canada despite the online classes.

I'd be glad to hear for the you. Thank you.

Guess the picture below answers your question!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tracy2020: 6:10pm On Oct 06, 2020
Chocs:
Hello Tracy2020

It’s most likely an approval, as you have passed eligibility and other requirements. Congratulations.

Please share your profile and documents you submitted to help others in the house.

Thank you.

I’m going for Masters in University of Manitoba. Same course I did in undergrad. Finished service 2019 and had not worked since then. I explained in my SOP that I started preparing for my Masters and applying to schools in Canada.

Documents I submitted.
LOA
SOP stating my future plans and how studying in a first world nation would give me an edge in the Nigerian Job Market.
WAEC Result
University certificate and transcripts
Certificate of Excellence received from in Uni
Resume
Nysc Cert
Recommendation letter from Dean and Previous employer (NYSC) attesting to my good character
Police certificate
Birth certificate of my sponsor (Mum)and I alone, to show we are related.
* My friend studying in Canada told me there was no need to add birth certificate of my family members that’s why I didn’t add it.

To show POF
Mybank Certificate of my sponsor’s account
Award letter from Graduate chair showing funding for tuition
Sponsor’s Voter ID (Passport is expired)
Tax ID
Promotion letter at work
3 month payslips
CAC Certificate
Document of some properties
Letter of sponsorship
Affidavit of sponsor

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tracy2020: 6:19pm On Oct 06, 2020
Lekiboboe:

This is looking great for you

The last text (bolded) in the GCM Notes by the VO, What does it say ?

Congratulations in Advance on ur AIP APPROVAL CROWING

Thank you Lekiboboe.

It stated:
Applicant requesting a SP to pursue a Masters Program at the University of Manitoba. Scholarship covering first year noted. Financial Support from Parent noted. Statement of Purpose noted. On balance, I am satisfied the proposed studies are reasonable in light of qualifications, previous studies, level of establishment, language abilities, financial ability, and future prospect and plans. Eligibility passed, final decision pending medical and biometric results.

I submitted June 10. This note was recorded June 30. I got medical request July 22, AIP August 5, and Biometrics was done August 26. I don’t know why the final decision is still pending medical and Biometrics.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tracy2020: 6:20pm On Oct 06, 2020
Dameelee:
Congratulations...
Please when did you apply for your gcms note cos i've been waiting for mine (it has pass 35 days already)
Also can you share a screenshot of the VO's comment.. thanks.

I applied September 2nd and got it last night. I have shared the VO’s comment already.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 6:59pm On Oct 06, 2020
Sharonyeah:
Good afternoon everyone, please I need our candid advice.

I finished my BSC in Mechanical Engineering in a university in UK but I finished with 2.2 hence when I was searching for admission for Masters, I discovered on the school website that I can only go for Advanced Diploma before proceeding for Masters.

Now, the challenge is, how do I explain in my SOP that going for Advanced Diploma is a career progression without mentioning that I finished with 2:2.

My fear is, if I state that I finished with a 2.2, It may reduce my chances of getting Visa Application.

Please this is urgent as I plan submitting my application before the end of this week.
My own suggestion on ur SOP

Check the following Contents out,

Why Advance Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technician-Design (Fast-Track) at Centennial College

The Advance Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technician-Design (Fast-Track) at Centennial College has emerged for various reasons SO THIS IS WHERE YOU NOW TALK ABOUT “The reason u chose this program "

And you would also talk about some other cogent reason on why you are going for an Advanced Diploma program instead of a PGD/PG.Cert
(TALK EXTENSIVELY HERE AND BACK IT UP WITH CONVINCING FACTS ON WHY Centennial COLLEGE AND an Advanced DIPLOMA IN THIS Program IS YOUR ONLY AVAILABLE OPTION TO GET WHAT YOU WANT BASED ON YOUR UNWAVERING INTEREST in Mechanical Engineering Design).

Having had the background and knowledge of Mechanical Engineering (list all other things you have background in that relates to Mechanical Engineering), I am confident of (state ur aim and objective here as it relates to Mech. Engineering) by joining Advanced Diploma for a in Mech. Engineering Design

NEXT THING IS, YOU WOULD TALK ABOUT HOW THE SCHOOL WILL HELP you WITH AN IMPROVED CONCEPT IDEA ON Mech. Engineering which is Probably the DESIGN ASPECT.

Then you mention some courses u will be doing in the Program in that school

a sample below

The Master of Information Technology offered at the University of Kotoka will surely substantiate me with the right acquaintance, and practice to accomplish my professionalism. Python, Network and Data Security and Advanced Systems Programming are among the few courses, which I wish to pursue there.”

Future Goals
After completion of my college program in Canada I intend to come back to my home country with the outstanding skill set and.........
then you talk about how this program will be beneficial to u and ur home country

U can also make use of SOP tips in the forum

DO AWAIT MORE RESPONSE FROM THE GURUS

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 7:00pm On Oct 06, 2020
Hello Tracy2020

Thank you.

Please much POF did you show? Was your tuition waved totally?

This info would help guide others too.

Best wishes
Tracy2020:

Thank you.

I’m going for Masters in University of Manitoba. Same course I did in undergrad. Finished service 2019 and had not worked since then. I explained in my SOP that I started preparing for my Masters and applying to schools in Canada.

Documents I submitted.
LOA
SOP stating my future plans and how studying in a first world nation would give me an edge in the Nigerian Job Market.
WAEC Result
University certificate and transcripts
Certificate of Excellence received from in Uni
Resume
Nysc Cert
Recommendation letter from Dean and Previous employer (NYSC) attesting to my good character
Police certificate
Birth certificate of my sponsor (Mum)and I alone, to show we are related.
* My friend studying in Canada told me there was no need to add birth certificate of my family members that’s why I didn’t add it.

To show POF
Mybank Certificate of my sponsor’s account
Award letter from Graduate chair showing funding for tuition
Sponsor’s Voter ID (Passport is expired)
Tax ID
Promotion letter at work
3 month payslips
CAC Certificate
Document of some properties
Letter of sponsorship
Affidavit of sponsor

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 7:03pm On Oct 06, 2020
Hello Tracy2020

The “eligibility passed” was recorded before you did your medicals and biometrics, that’s why it says pending medical and biometrics. Nothing to worry about

Best wishes
Tracy2020:

Thank you Lekiboboe.

It stated:
Applicant requesting a SP to pursue a Masters Program at the University of Manitoba. Scholarship covering first year noted. Financial Support from Parent noted. Statement of Purpose noted. On balance, I am satisfied the proposed studies are reasonable in light of qualifications, previous studies, level of establishment, language abilities, financial ability, and future prospect and plans. Eligibility passed, final decision pending medical and biometric results.

I submitted June 10. This note was recorded June 30. I got medical request July 22, AIP August 5, and Biometrics was done August 26. I don’t know why the final decision is still pending medical and Biometrics.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 7:10pm On Oct 06, 2020
Hello TheExalted,

Please check out the following link, it answers your question

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/students.html

Since his classes can hold fully online, he’ll have to convince the border control why his coming to Canada is necessary. The ability to enter depends on if the border control officer is convinced plus his institution must have a covid-19 readiness plan.

Best wishes

TheExalted:
Hello gurus in the house. My son got a student visa to Canada but the school just announced that January classes will be done online. Will he be allowed in into Canada despite the online classes.

I'd be glad to hear for the you. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 7:20pm On Oct 06, 2020
Sharonyeah:
Just was going to upload an attachment, I went to the site again. The program is under post graduate diploma ooo. someone can check it up e jo ooo. I almost got confused.

I advise you check though the schools website and not study portal. I did a mistake and weren't for a diploma too which affected my visa application to be denied. So learn from my mistakes and check the course you are going for so as not to regret.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 7:22pm On Oct 06, 2020
Tracy2020:

Thank you Lekiboboe.

It stated:

U are welcome
This is looking like a GOAL for You..

Your application has shown tremendous progress

I think Travel Restrictions could be the reason why they are yet to issue final approval to applicants who got AIP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sharonyeah: 7:40pm On Oct 06, 2020
Thank you all for your wonderful responses.

@Lekiboboe, I really appreciate the extensive explanation given, I am grateful.

I will use the suggestions given and trust God to help me.

Lastly, It just occurred to me that I have HND/HNC in UK as well before getting my BSC degree, does it make sense to keep quiet on the BSC and use my HND as my highest qualification while I put up a strong point why Advanced Diploma course?

The only concern in doing that is "what if they eventually find out since Canada and UK share a lot of information?" Moreso, I remember I have done my ECA while thinking of going through express entry.

I am just at my low end right now. I am confused.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 7:56pm On Oct 06, 2020
Sharonyeah:

Lastly, It just occurred to me that I have HND/HNC in UK as well before getting my BSC degree, does it make sense to keep quiet on the BSC and use my HND as my highest qualification while I put up a strong point why Advanced Diploma course?

The only concern in doing that is "what if they eventually find out since Canada and UK share a lot of information?" Moreso, I remember I have done my ECA while thinking of going through express entry.

U are welcome, To God be the Glory

Don't keep quiet on any academic qualifications u have gotten in the past.
(Thank God you know they can find out since they both share information)

If u silence ur B.SC, the Age Gap & Educational Gap will surface & might cause some problem for u cos u won't be able to satisfy a VISA OFFICER on what u av bin doing in those 3-4 years of ur B.SC u don't want to mention.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Toluchenko(m): 8:06pm On Oct 06, 2020
LordAA:

You can use Access bank card, their limit is $300 but their rate I quite high. I was charge almost 380 naira to 1CAD when I paid mine.

Okay...thanks a lot bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 8:32pm On Oct 06, 2020
Hello All,

So this is what Fanshawe sent to me regarding being able to come into Canada:

Hi there,

No Ontario College has a readiness plan approved yet but it is expected that we will by October 20th.

I can never guarantee what kind of experience that you will have at the border. For September, it is true that international students in online programs were turned away at the border and returned to their home country. But remember that during that time we had strict travel restrictions in place coming into Canada and only students in blended (partially in person) programs were deemed as “essential” travellers.

The announcement on Friday indicates that any international student can enter after October 20th if they are coming in for study purposes.
The travel support letter will help you at the border - you can show it to the airlines and immigration. It will confirm that you are registered and paid and have a reason to enter Canada.

What do you guys think especially since my program has been changed to online delivery. Wont they use this as opportunity to turn one back at the border? I resume Jan 2021, have AIP, medicals still yet to be updated despite several emails, reminders, webforms, etc. Applied for GCMS notes but yet to come out.
starkyniichan:

Guess the picture below answers your question!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by wolepopo(m): 9:13pm On Oct 06, 2020
Eilenora:
Hello All,

Hi there,

No Ontario College has a readiness plan approved yet but it is expected that we will by October 20th.

I can never guarantee what kind of experience that you will have at the border. For September, it is true that international students in online programs were turned away at the border and returned to their home country. But remember that during that time we had strict travel restrictions in place coming into Canada and only students in blended (partially in person) programs were deemed as “essential” travellers.

The announcement on Friday indicates that any international student can enter after October 20th if they are coming in for study purposes.
The travel support letter will help you at the border - you can show it to the airlines and immigration. It will confirm that you are registered and paid and have a reason to enter Canada.

What do you guys think especially since my program has been changed to online delivery. Wont they use this as opportunity to turn one back at the border? I resume Jan 2021, have AIP, medicals still yet to be updated despite several emails, reminders, webforms, etc. Applied for GCMS notes but yet to come out.

Let’s see what IRCC will do in the coming days/weeks as per Passport Request to those with AIPs who’ve also scaled Admissibility stage(2). If they start sending PRs, it means they are ready to receive students and Border Service will be lenient with their conditions/requirements. If PRs are not sent out in the next 2-4 weeks, then no immediate hope of entry into Canada,

It shall be well

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 9:17pm On Oct 06, 2020
Dear House,
If you use proof of funds from an unknown source and you get caught, you’re risking a 5-year ban. Please desist from going through short cuts. May we all reach our goals.

Best wishes
oscarbravo:
Need [b]proof of funds [/b]for your Canadian visa application or any related issues, check my signature and reach out

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by paul12345(m): 10:11pm On Oct 06, 2020
Many thanks for the help.
Lekiboboe:

Congratulations on ur Admission,

Exact Documents depends on your Profile (Level of Education, Marital Status, Type of Sponsor or u are funding urself, Work Experience or u just concluded ur NYSC etc.)

i strongly advice u take ur time to Get Educated & Enlightened about Canada Study Visa Application via the link below, The Type of Documents u should get for your VISA APPLICATION and GUIDES are all in the link below

CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION FULL GUIDE (D-I-Y) & other Useful Information pertaining to Canada Study Visa
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/341#94059644

Then ask questions in the forum on things u ain't clear of
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by paul12345(m): 10:12pm On Oct 06, 2020
Thanks man
LordAA:

Please check the beginning of this thread. The link to the documents and other information you may need were highlighted there.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by LordAA(m): 2:16am On Oct 07, 2020
wolepopo:

Let’s see what IRCC will do in the coming days/weeks as per Passport Request to those with AIPs who’ve also scaled Admissibility stage(2). If they start sending PRs, it means they are ready to receive students and Border Service will be lenient with their conditions/requirements. If PRs are not sent out in the next 2-4 weeks, then no immediate hope of entry into Canada,

It shall be well

Please how does one know whether he/she has scaled stage 2?

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by nayo10(m): 2:29am On Oct 07, 2020
I think the best way for now is getting ur gcms notes. Some people have seen passport request on gcmsnotes but nothing on their portal.
LordAA:

Please how does one know whether he/she has scaled stage 2?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 2:31am On Oct 07, 2020
paul12345:
Many thanks for the help.
u r welcome Honorable Paul
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by xprimate(m): 6:35am On Oct 07, 2020
Good morning Good people.
Please how do you pay your fees Apart from Form A.
I submitted my for A in GTB and my Account officer is telling me that CBN has not provided the dollar.
My deadline for payment is fast approaching.
Any advice is welcomed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by metrecube(m): 6:49am On Oct 07, 2020
xprimate:
Good morning Good people.
Please how do you pay your fees Apart from Form A.
I submitted my for A in GTB and my Account officer is telling me that CBN has not provided the dollar.
My deadline for payment is fast approaching.
Any advice is welcomed.
Try stanbic ibtc.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Legacyedition: 7:47am On Oct 07, 2020
Sharonyeah:

Checkout noel abingwa on youtube. He also has a username here. After Mech engine, he applied for diploma in finance and he was refused, but seems he got it at second or 3rd attempt with his letter of explanation. You can check him out.

You can read his letter of explanation and get something tangible, apply for visa as you also wait for PG admission.

My humble opinion.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by OTbello: 7:57am On Oct 07, 2020
Good morning people. Was recently directed to this page, as there seem to be a lot of well informed people on Canadian Study Permit applications.

Okay, I applied for my Study Permit in January 2020. My medicals were requested, completed and passed later in March.

Since then, Covid ran rampant and the application timeline has been a bit confusing.

I eventually got my Correspondence Letter in July and I haven’t gotten any update since then. In this process, my Admission Letter got expired in September and although I have an updated one, I don’t think I can upload it unless it’s requested for.

What do you guys think about my chances? Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anamekele: 8:32am On Oct 07, 2020
OTbello:
Good morning people. Was recently directed to this page, as there seem to be a lot of well informed people on Canadian Study Permit applications.

Okay, I applied for my Study Permit in January 2020. My medicals were requested, completed and passed later in March.

Since then, Covid ran rampant and the application timeline has been a bit confusing.

I eventually got my Correspondence Letter in July and I haven’t gotten any update since then. In this process, my Admission Letter got expired in September and although I have an updated one, I don’t think I can upload it unless it’s requested for.

I think your application has a positive outcome.
Just order for your GCMS note to get the details of why the delay.
Meanwhile you apply for deferment with the delay reason
We shall glorify God at the end.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pimp04: 8:36am On Oct 07, 2020
Morning,
Did you receive an AIP letter ( approval in principle) which many received around August 5-6?

quote author=OTbello post=94689208]Good morning people. Was recently directed to this page, as there seem to be a lot of well informed people on Canadian Study Permit applications.

What do you guys think about my chances? Thank you.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 9:08am On Oct 07, 2020
My fellow Fanshawe student smiley
I think by oct 20 if Fanshawe college is part of the schools with covid readiness plan and we get our application approved, we should be able to travel without any issues. (This is me just been positive sha, lol)
Eilenora:
Hello All,

Hi there,

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by OTbello: 9:11am On Oct 07, 2020
Anamekele:

I think your application has a positive outcome.
Just order for your GCMS note to get the details of why the delay.
Meanwhile you apply for deferment with the delay reason
We shall glorify God at the end.

Thank you so much. I’ll do that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by OTbello: 9:13am On Oct 07, 2020
Pimp04:
Morning,
Did you receive an AIP letter ( approval in principle) which many received around August 5-6?

quote author=OTbello post=94689208]Good morning people. Was recently directed to this page, as there seem to be a lot of well informed people on Canadian Study Permit applications.

No I did not. Haven’t gotten any update since July. But I’ve been advised to order for my GCMS notes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) ... (723)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.