Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,019 members, 7,806,988 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:14 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1154345 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by katyamizotta: 6:05am On Apr 29, 2020
Hello everyone, a friend is 40, has only a bachelors in mathematics, has been an office manager for 18 years . Lost her job due to the COVID situation and wants to be a nurse now. Wishes to go to school in Canada. She will be leaving behind her four teenagers and spouse who will come to visit from time to time. No travel history at all.
She has a very healthy POF to take care of all expenses. Does she stand a chance at 40? From the VO's perspective should she be studying something closely related to her first field of study to improve her chances of an approval and change course while in school? or should she apply for a nursing program indicating that she wants a change of career and leave it to VO and God?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by legit90: 9:22am On Apr 29, 2020
Please how many pages of SOP are we suppose to write?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:33am On Apr 29, 2020
Payment breakdown;

1. Study permit – 150CAD

2. Temporary Resident – 200CAD

3. Biometrics – 85CAD

Total: 435CAD
House please is this correct ??
I thought it was only study permit fee and biometrics I need to pay ?
Because I am surprised temporary resident is part
Please those who applied recently am I to pay for temporary resident asides paying for my study permit and biometrics fee ?

And when can payment of temporary resident arise
Cc frankrobbn1
Cc justmellow
Cc Wunaarroon69
Cc Naijaforeigner
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by makano: 9:40am On Apr 29, 2020
Thanks boss, and thanks for the good work uve been putting up here.. Good to be back.. Peace
JustMellow:

Hello Makano,

Hope you keeping safe and welcome back. All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by makano: 9:47am On Apr 29, 2020
Even tho this looks like a difficult situation, it is not impossible.. She needs to get a course very related to her first degree or work experience.. And she really really need to work on her SOP, she needs a lot of convincing to do coupled with prayers.. I believe with this, she should get her visa.. I have personally seen on this thread( I think part 10 or 11) where someone in his 40s got his study peemit.. So she should apply believing... Peace
katyamizotta:
Hello everyone, a friend is 40, has only a bachelors in mathematics, has been an office manager for 18 years . Lost her job due to the COVID situation and wants to be a nurse now. Wishes to go to school in Canada. She will be leaving behind her four teenagers and spouse who will come to visit from time to time. No travel history at all.
She has a very healthy POF to take care of all expenses. Does she stand a chance at 40? From the VO's perspective should she be studying something closely related to her first field of study to improve her chances of an approval and change course while in school? or should she apply for a nursing program indicating that she wants a change of career and leave it to VO and God?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kswrthy(f): 11:25am On Apr 29, 2020
Good day,

I will like to get some clarifications

1.Please I will like to ask if someone can do biometrics and upload every necessary documents at the point of application for the study permit or one has to wait for them to request for it.

2. I have OND and BSc in computer science but I have a catering business of my own which have been running for years but just got registered last year December, and also got admission at NBCC for culinary arts program(1yr) which is related to my business. Do I need to upload my transcripts for OND and BSc that isn't related to my new program? I got admission with just my waec.

3. I want to sponsor myself, I have a corporate acct running with sufficient amount for my stay and tuition, accommodation and transportation to and fro. My registered business will be 6mnths by June and my sch section resumes by September. Is June too late to apply?

Please your swift response will be highly appreciated.

Thank you guys.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Strongwind1960: 12:41pm On Apr 29, 2020
Kswrthy:
Good day,

1.Please I will like to ask if someone can do biometrics and upload every necessary documents at the point of application for the study permit or one has to wait for them to request for it.

2. I have OND and BSc in computer science but I have a catering business of my own which have been running for years but just got registered last year December, and also got admission at NBCC for culinary arts program(1yr) which is related to my business. Do I need to upload my transcripts for OND and BSc that isn't related to my new program? I got admission with just my waec.

3. I want to sponsor myself, I have a corporate acct running with sufficient amount for my stay and tuition, accommodation and transportation to and fro. My registered business will be 6mnths by June and my sch section resumes by September. Is June too late to apply?

Thank you guys.

You will have to apply first, the will be the one to ask you to go nd hve your biometrics

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 1:20pm On Apr 29, 2020
4 is alright
legit90:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 1:23pm On Apr 29, 2020
I only paid for the study permit and Biometircs, if the TR fee was included, I have no idea.
Adetayoade1:
Payment breakdown;

1. Study permit – 150CAD

3. Biometrics – 85CAD

Please those who applied recently am I to pay for temporary resident asides paying for my study permit and biometrics fee ?

Cc frankrobbn1
Cc justmellow
Cc Wunaarroon69
Cc Naijaforeigner

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kinzeerichy: 2:03pm On Apr 29, 2020
Good day all. Is a 4-page SOP too short or long for a study visa application?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 29, 2020
Please what was the cumulative you paid for all in naira ??
Wunaarroon69:
I only paid for the study permit and Biometircs, if the TR fee was included, I have no idea.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by vanessa969: 3:58pm On Apr 29, 2020
Kinzeerichy:
Good day all. Is a 4-page SOP too short or long for a study visa application?

Thank you.

Its too long, one thing i have learnt is no has time to read essay, go straight to the point. Trust me if you can reduce it to 2 pages it would be better, make the points in bullet form

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Semisolasola: 4:05pm On Apr 29, 2020
Hello everyone,
I did my first degree in English studies..
Is it ok for me to study Law in Canada as a first degree also?
Thank you all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Vokay91: 4:26pm On Apr 29, 2020
Good afternoon wonderful people..

Please I would like to know how a recommendation letter from an employer should be addressed and even the letter of sponsorship.. please who should the letters be addressed to ?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Oyinkanbad: 4:47pm On Apr 29, 2020
Good evening everyone. I am new here.

My husband is looking to do his MBA at Memorial University. He has a 2.2 and he has been working for 10yrs as a banker. I have gone through MUN’s website and I would just like more details here from people’s experience. Is ielts compulsory? We also alreadY have two refusals from Canada we applied as a family. Will this affect his application for study permit?

Thank you all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Brenda2020: 4:49pm On Apr 29, 2020
Hello
Any update?

segzyndpep:
My testimony on the way.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 5:51pm On Apr 29, 2020
katyamizotta:

Hello Katyamizotta,

Yes, she stands a chance. However, it looks more easier in words than in actions but not infeasible. She stands a better chance going for either a Masters or PGD/C in a closely related course to her work experience. This way, it may be easy for her to prove she is a genuine students considering her age, study gap and other personal circumstances.

A career switch is possible and acceptable but owing to some strict factors of scrutiny from the VO, she should remain put in her work line. An advancement in her career and personal development will be a good LAMBA. I have happened to hear a testimony of a 50yr old man going for a fresh B.sc and got it. She can always switch to a preferred study area yonder.

All the best

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 6:04pm On Apr 29, 2020
legit90:

Hello Legit90,

First time applicant: 1 - 3pages
Reapplicant: 2 - 5pages

Standardized: 3pages

N.B: there is no page limit, just endeavour to be detailed and concised as possible. I have never read any GCMS notes where the VO refused an application based on the number of pages and there are lots of people who with 7pages had gotten it. However, it is good to leave it simple and moderate.

All the best

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 6:06pm On Apr 29, 2020
Adetayoade1:
Payment breakdown;

1. Study permit – 150CAD

3. Biometrics – 85CAD

Cc frankrobbn1
Cc justmellow
Cc Wunaarroon69
Cc Naijaforeigner

Hello Adetayoade1,

Point 1 & 3 is only applicable to you, which in sum is $235 CAD.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 6:11pm On Apr 29, 2020
Thank you very much sir
Any chance I can get the price in naira ??
JustMellow:

Hello Adetayoade1,

Point 1 & 3 is only applicable to you, which in sum is $235 CAD.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kswrthy(f): 6:12pm On Apr 29, 2020
Cc justmellow
Cc frank

Please assist with answers to question 2 & 3

Kswrthy:
Good day,

Thank you guys.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 6:25pm On Apr 29, 2020
Please recent applicants what’s the cost of 235$ for study permit in naira
God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 6:29pm On Apr 29, 2020
Kswrthy:
Good day,

Thank you guys.

Hello Kswrthy,

Biometrics for online route is always requested after submission and paying the required fees. It is only paper application that necessitate biometrics prior to submission. And since you got your admission with your WAEC, let it stay that way and fill the study gap with your work experience in the catering business and other progressive initiatives. This way, you don't need to show your transcript because its not even a compulsory document.

On the other hand, you may decide to include your previous academic credentials and stick with the idea of a career switch with well-established facts. In an application, there is nothing better than trying to stay closer to the actual truth because not declaring any sensitive information now means you can't again in the future and even if you can, things may become complicated.

BTW june is not too late to apply.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by segzyndpep(m): 6:35pm On Apr 29, 2020
Brenda2020:
Hello
Any update?

Nothing yet
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 6:38pm On Apr 29, 2020
Oyinkanbad:
Good evening everyone. I am new here.

My husband is looking to do his MBA at Memorial University. He has a 2.2 and he has been working for 10yrs as a banker. I have gone through MUN’s website and I would just like more details here from people’s experience. Is ielts compulsory? We also alreadY have two refusals from Canada we applied as a family. Will this affect his application for study permit?

Thank you all.

Hello Oyinkanbad,

There is no way he can get in with a 2.2 for an MBA in MUN. He should consider doing a PGD/C in colleges because MBA is really competitive. IELTS is not required for Masters in MUN, the English Proficiency Letter will suffice and a new application is considered fresh and scrutinized independently of the former but however, some sensitive informations may be compared.

All the best

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Oyinkanbad: 7:30pm On Apr 29, 2020
Thank you so much.

JustMellow:

Hello Oyinkanbad,

There is no way he can get in with a 2.2 for an MBA in MUN. He should consider doing a PGD/C in colleges because MBA is really competitive. IELTS is not required for Masters in MUN, the English Proficiency Letter will suffice and a new application is considered fresh and scrutinized independently of the former but however, some sensitive informations may be compared.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 8:36pm On Apr 29, 2020
Any one please ?
Adetayoade1:
Please recent applicants what’s the cost of 235$ for study permit in naira
God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 8:50pm On Apr 29, 2020
No one can give you a certain answer because banks have different charges. I remember being charged about 268. Now it’s 290 in black market, so just use 300 to calculate to be on a safe side.

Adetayoade1:
Any one please ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kswrthy(f): 9:02pm On Apr 29, 2020
Thanks alot, Am new on this forum have been reading the threads, does my LOE has to be hand written or typed?

Also since am sponsoring myself do I need to swear affidavit?

JustMellow:

Hello Kswrthy,

Biometrics for online route is always requested after submission and paying the required fees. It is only paper application that necessitate biometrics prior to submission. And since you got your admission with your WAEC, let it stay that way and fill the study gap with your work experience in the catering business and other progressive initiatives. This way, you don't need to show your transcript because its not even a compulsory document.

On the other hand, you may decide to include your previous academic credentials and stick with the idea of a career switch with well-established facts. In an application, there is nothing better than trying to stay closer to the actual truth because not declaring any sensitive information now means you can't again in the future and even if you can, things may become complicated.

BTW june is not too late to apply.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by cleanclean(m): 10:08pm On Apr 29, 2020
Good evening guys,

I did my second online application on the 14th April. I got a correspondence letter from them today, 29th April with subject RE: validity of your biometric information.

Experience guys in the house, please is this a good sign or otherwise?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:11pm On Apr 29, 2020
LOE should be typed please.
Use Arial or Cambria with font 12 if possible.

VO may not understand or read your LOE properly if it is hand written.

No, for the bolded.

Kswrthy:
Thanks alot, Am new on this forum have been reading the threads, does my LOE has to be hand written or typed?

Also since am sponsoring myself do I need to swear affidavit?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:13pm On Apr 29, 2020
Normal protocol, nothing to worry about.

Remain positive

All The Best

cleanclean:
Good evening guys,

I did my second online application on the 14th April. I got a correspondence letter from them today, 29th April with subject RE: validity of your biometric information.

Experience guys in the house, please is this a good sign or otherwise?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.