Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (410) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1154677 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 7:05am On Oct 15, 2020
EngrCGD:
Hello
Good morning everyone,

Please i need your help and guide on how i can apply for a Masters in Mechanical Engineering and study permit in Canada. I intend to sponsor myself

Below is my educational background, financial and social status.

Educational Background:

1.) OND at a Fed.Poly, Mechanical Engineering ( 2010 to 2012 ) with Upper credit
2.) Went for direct entry to a university and graduated with B.Eng. Mechanical Engineering ( 2014 -2018) with Second class Upper 2.1
3.) Completed NYSC service Program 2018 - 2019.
4.) Applied and already offered an admission for Masters in Mechanical Engineering at the university i graduated here in Nigeria, but changed my mind and don't want to proceed anymore with the studies here.

Social Status:

1.) 31 year old
2.) Male
3.) Married
4.) 3 years of marriage
5.) A kid ( 3 years old)

Financial background:

Own two registered companies with my wife and daughter as signatory/ board members.

1.) A registered company for my real estate business ( Buying and reselling lands mostly ) with company bank account little above 20m Naira
2.) A modern Farm with registration documents ( COC etc and bank account) little above 10m Naira.
3.) Personal account but not much savings, majority of the funds are in both company accounts, Guess i have to start paying myself and wife from the company account to build my personal bank account statement. Usually I make both family and personal expenses from the real estate bank account.
4.) Daughters savings bank account with substantial amount for her education about 3m naira
6.) A landed document with C OF O though jointly purchased by a friend and I and shared into 1 plots each. ( purchased amount 36m Naira), registered in our both names ,( each of us have a certified true copy of the C of O ) and registered power of attorney.
5.) A lot of other Personal landed documents ( Mostly purchased native lands ) but not registered yet only with power of attorney and survey plan, though I intend to register the documents if there is a need for that before my visa application.
6.) Farm is build on 6 plots of Land , although the landed documents is not registered yet also.

Like I informed earlier i intend to apply for Masters in Mechanical Engineering ( Production or materials engineering ) in Canada, but i need a guide and answers to below highlighted questions.

1.) Which top ranking and reputable school,should i apply to, for Masters in Mechanical Engineering ?
2.) Is there chances to apply to a school that won't request for an additional English exam such as TOEFL or IELTS ?
3.) A Low tuition fee university but with good reputation and top ranking ?
4.) School with refund policy should in case of visa refusal ( though i'm very much positive).
5.) What is my chances of getting the visa if i apply along side my wife and daughter as dependent or should i apply alone and later can file for them to join me over in Canada if the Visa is granted ?
6.) Do i need my wife's approval if i inform the VO that part of my company funds will be used to sponsor my Masters degree program ?
7.) Do i need to build my personal bank account to have the required funds to cover my travel expenses and as well as the tuition fee, maybe after paying the first year tuition fee though depends on school.
8.) Do i need to start paying self salary from my both companies or this is not necessary?
9.) Finally what is my chances of getting the visa with my above STATUS.

Please help a brother, so i can know where and how to start.

Thanks and anticipating your kind assistance.

Hi EngrCGD,

Due to the competitive nature of graduate school (M.SC/PHD) in Canada, don't limit yourself to any top ranking skool, widen your admission horizon so u can av lots of options if a particular skool don't click, at least work towards 10-15 schools for ur Mech. Engineering Masters.

You can also work towards a Full or Partial Funding Thesis-based Masters in Mechanical Engineering.

Note:
All schools in Canada are very ok (at least 85% upward).

Sequel to that,

Visit the link below and google/explore the Masters in Mechanical Engineering Program in Canadian Universities (DLI) as much as you can.
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Mechanical+Engineering&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

then make use of the content below to Start your Masters in Mechanical Engineering Admission Process.

Visit the link below for
Guides/contents/videos in the link below on how to apply for M.SC & also possible M.SC Funded (Scholarship) Position in Canada
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933556

Your Status & ur number 1-6 shows you have good HomeTies-Famiy Ties- Economic Ties and you established in your home country (Nigeria)

1) Like I said initially, don't limit yourself to any top ranking skool, widen your admission horizon so u can av lots of options if a particular skool don't click, at least work towards 10-15 schools for ur Mech. Engineering Masters

2) Yes, note that most schools will require IELTS/TOEFL, but since you come from an English Speaking Country (Nigeria) you are exempted

3) As regards Low tuition sch. for M.SC, they do mention Memorial University at New Foundland (MUN) here in the forum, u can check the skool out for their Masters in Mech.Engineering,

Also try to consider applying to lots of schools and work towards getting a Full/Partial Funded (Scholarship) thesis-based Masters in Mechanical Engineering

4) Google the skools to know their Refund policy

5) I will advice, for now you should apply alone and go without your Wife & Kids, they serve as your Hometies (i.e Something that can compel u to come back to Nigeria after your studies). It is highly mandatory of you to show that u gonna be coming back to Nigeria after your studies.

9) No one can assure you of ur chances of getting a Visa, it all depends on your due diligence and how you fulfil all righteousness as regards your Canada Study Visa Application.

Also, a Visa Officer do make decisions at their own discretion

You can help yourself by getting some Enlightenment & Education as Regards Canada Study Visa Via the Link below

CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION FULL GUIDE (D-I-Y) & other Useful Information pertaining to Canada Study Visa
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/341#94059644

Then ask questions in the forum on things u ain't clear of

DO AWAIT MORE RESPONSE/INPUTS FROM MEMBERS IN-HOUSE and also Response to your 6-8 questions

Good luck!!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 8:35am On Oct 15, 2020
Toluchenko:

Amen...thanks Frank

Another question pls...

On the IMM form; Room and Board = Living Expense abii??

If yes, then Pls what does the OTHERS box cover ??

ROOM AND BOARD means your Living Expenses and it should be filled as 10,000KCAD. Whilst, OTHERS are your miscellaneous expenses and flight itinerary. I advice prospective applicants to fill the OTHERS with 3KCAD or 4KCAD.

I hope this information helps.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 8:44am On Oct 15, 2020
Godsblessings:
hello bro, my friend said that school (university of Windsor) insisted he pays through CIBC website but he tried and I also tried it as well to make the tuition deposit but it wasn't successful with visa ATM card, he said his school mailed him that the winter semester is gonna be online but my question is that will he allow to travel if studypermit is granted? Cos he said he will be submitting her studypermit Application on Friday before he got this message today

It will be a herculean task paying 4KCAD with Naira Visa/Mastercard due to the monthly dollar $ limit on Nigerian ATM cards. I will advice you generate the payment details through the CIBC, take the details to your commercial bank and pay through FORM A. Again, it's possible to request for an extension from the U of Windsor, so that you can have enough time to complete the transaction.

It will end in praise

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 8:51am On Oct 15, 2020
Mmesomamichael:

Please I submitted my student visa since February 22nd 2020, had my biometrics and medical test done which I passed but still haven't gotten an update about my application uptill now, I have made use of the Nairobi web form but still no updates. What do you advise I do?

Your application has exceeded the standard processing times. I will recommend you order for your case notes as soon as possible, so you can have a clearer picture of the current status of your application. Also be advised that most applications have been approved and due to the impact of the COVID-19 the immigration authorities haven't dished out PPR officially. Accordingly, order for your file and return here to share with us the content in your notes.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 8:54am On Oct 15, 2020
Chanteljane:
Good evening everyone

I studied Microbiology, please can someone help me with PGD/PGC program related to it.

Act FAST!. Check Centennial College for her PGC in Biotechnology. It is directly relevant to your previous undergraduate studies in Microbiology.

It will end in praise

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 8:56am On Oct 15, 2020
SKEPTA:
Hello everyone,I got my gcms note today

Timeline
submitted july 16th
Aip-july 30
medical request-july 31st
medical updated- august 26
biometrics done-august 25

gcms ordered- September 16

gcms arrived today october 14

Hopefully I get ppr soon.

I wish everyone Goodluck.

Congratulations, all things being equal, you should receive PPR as soon as IRCC starts dishing out approvals.

It will end in praise.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SKEPTA: 9:00am On Oct 15, 2020
MadeMan01:

Congratulations

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SKEPTA: 9:01am On Oct 15, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Congratulations, all things being equal, you should receive PPR as soon as IRCC starts dishing out approvals.

It will end in praise.

Thank you boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by orlando5: 9:19am On Oct 15, 2020
Hi everyone
Can i get admission into a canadian university with a cgpa of 3.33/5 and average cgpa of 4.0/5 in 400 and 500 level?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 15, 2020
SKEPTA:

Thank you
congrats bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 9:32am On Oct 15, 2020
SKEPTA:

Timeline
submitted july 16th
Aip-july 30

Hello SKEPTA,

I look forward to celebrate with you.

Congratulations!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by TimAke: 9:59am On Oct 15, 2020
Previous: Medical passed, AIP secured.

Bvl just dropped today. Hopefully this is a good sign smiley

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Spotlights(m): 10:05am On Oct 15, 2020
Hopefully it is.
It is settled.
Share us d good news soon

[Qquote author=TimAke post=94959325]Previous: Medical passed, AIP secured.

Bvl just dropped today. Hopefully this is a good sign smiley[/quote]

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 10:11am On Oct 15, 2020
TimAke:

Congrats in advance. Things are looking good.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 10:48am On Oct 15, 2020
Great, Congrats, I'm hopeful too
TimAke:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by owolabia: 10:51am On Oct 15, 2020
TimAke:

Congratulations.

Upfront medical passed or Medical request passed ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Engager69: 12:10pm On Oct 15, 2020
Arosam:
It's urgent ooo, which other payment method can one use? Death line for school fee payment is 18th Oct. Went to the bank but they said they are out of dollars

Bro death line? Please death no be your portion.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 12:11pm On Oct 15, 2020
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by usmee(m): 12:20pm On Oct 15, 2020
Hello bruv,

So do you suggest I go ahead, print it and fill it by hand or should I ignore and focus on the other 3 forms that you have mentioned?

SKEPTA:

As the name implies, it is just a list of documents that should be submitted for a study permit application.It is not one the required forms,it is not even a form.

there are 3 forms to submit,for a study permit application which are:

Application for study permit made outside of Canada (IMM1294) (required)

Family Information (IMM5645) (required)

Schedule 1- Application for a temporary Resident Visa made outside Canada (IMM5257) (required).

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 12:30pm On Oct 15, 2020
Hello usmee

As @SKEPTA said previously, you are not required to submit this form. It is just a guidance for you. It is meant to help you see the documents you need to submit.

Best wishes
usmee:
Hello bruv,

So do you suggest I go ahead, print it and fill it by hand or should I ignore and focus on the other 3 forms that you have mentioned?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Maxsbez: 1:21pm On Oct 15, 2020
Hello good day guys....
Can an applicant be refused sp if the applicant have high BP during medicals?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 1:24pm On Oct 15, 2020
Maxsbez:
Hello good day guys....

Not necessarily. If your serum creatinine result is normal and they didn't discover other complications from the urinalysis and x-ray, you'll pass the medicals. However, if the high BP is caused by kidney, liver or heart issues, you'll be asked to go for further tests. Generally, as long as you're healthy, you shouldn't bother about high BP in your medicals. Many people have what's called "white coat hypertension".
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DINO71: 1:26pm On Oct 15, 2020
ejoborigoodluck:
I have been asked to submit a new updated bank statement and you can see the photo .
does that mean if I submit a new updated bank statement they well give me visa and also does that mean all my other documents are okay by them expect from the updated bank statement

Hi,
Can we see your profile?
where you issued an AIP?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 1:28pm On Oct 15, 2020
Hello Maxsbez

No, high BP alone cannot. Are you a known hypertensive patient?
Maxsbez:
Hello good day guys....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DINO71: 2:02pm On Oct 15, 2020
SKEPTA:

Timeline
submitted july 16th
Aip-july 30

HI
I am assumming since 26th August you havent heard from them and its still indicating that eligibility is ongoing??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 2:18pm On Oct 15, 2020
I don't think it could on its own except the underlying cause is organ related and would have heavy medical costs to manage beyond a particular threshold (20k CAD?) annually. Also, did you know and disclosed to the doctors/nurses during your medical screening at the panel physician.

I was flagged with a slightly high BP (142/91) during medicals. I was scared too but I passed my medicals about a month later. In fact, a cardiologist report is listed on my e-medical slip, as one of the exams they did in my case. I am guessing due to age (41) and maybe the slightly elevated BP reading.

Although I am still awaiting SP final decision since submitting application on August 22, I don't think that will count negatively just on its own. I could be wrong though but that's my personal experience.

Cheers!
Chocs:
Hello Maxsbez

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 2:21pm On Oct 15, 2020
I hail bros! my own personal doc grin grin grin

fratermathy:

Not necessarily. If your serum creatinine result is normal and they didn't discover other complications from the urinalysis and x-ray, you'll pass the medicals. However, if the high BP is caused by kidney, liver or heart issues, you'll be asked to go for further tests. Generally, as long as you're healthy, you shouldn't bother about high BP in your medicals. Many people have what's called "white coat hypertension".

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 2:36pm On Oct 15, 2020
SKEPTA:

Timeline
submitted july 16th
Aip-july 30

PROGRESS!!!!!!! smiley

PPR Loading!!

It Will end in Praises
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 2:43pm On Oct 15, 2020
TimAke:

Hopefully it is,

See this
TIMELINE BREAKDOWN OF AN APPROVED STUDY PERMIT with BVL
https://www.nairaland.com/5233221/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/381#83648666

Congratulations in Advanced

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Maxsbez: 3:07pm On Oct 15, 2020
Chocs:
Hello Maxsbez

No
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Maxsbez: 3:09pm On Oct 15, 2020
Akannitommy:
I don't think it could on its own except the underlying cause is organ related and would have heavy medical costs to manage beyond a particular threshold (20k CAD?) annually. Also, did you know and disclosed to the doctors/nurses during your medical screening at the panel physician.

I was flagged with a slightly high BP (142/91) during medicals. I was scared too but I passed my medicals about a month later. In fact, a cardiologist report is listed on my e-medical slip, as one of the exams they did in my case. I am guessing due to age (41) and maybe the slightly elevated BP reading.

Although I am still awaiting SP final decision since submitting application on August 22, I don't think that will count negatively just on its own. I could be wrong though but that's my personal experience.

Cheers!

Just that apart from that am perfectly fine
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by TimAke: 3:17pm On Oct 15, 2020
owolabia:

Congratulations.

Upfront medical passed or Medical request passed ?
Upfront medical passed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60