Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:07 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (417) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1149419 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 10:49am On Oct 19, 2020
Nastan:

In my view, the student should contact the school's international/advisory unit for clarification and proper guidance.
Thanks Nastan,

He alrdy did, that was the email the skool sent to him as regards if he should defer yet or wait till je gets Visa Decision bfor Deferring

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by EngrCGD: 11:05am On Oct 19, 2020
Thank Chocs for your input and reply.

Honestly i'm having a lot sleepless nights on this issue, seriously i'm regretting all this anomaly.

Please i have two additional questions as regards to this issue.

1.) First i don't know if misrepresentation is considered a serious criminal related issue/offense such as drugs, money laundering, terrorism etc, though i know it is a crime and it is subject to being inadmissible in US immigration law however do i go ahead to tell the the truth to the Canadian VO that i purposely and ignorantly agreed with an agent to increase my year of birth and filled up other misrepresentation data when i applied for the US visa and was denied 3 times and i that also went ahead to apply for UK visa which i was denied on the ground of insufficient fund only?

2.) Even before the thought of applying for Masters to Canada , i already decided that i will apply for US visiting visa , not for the purpose of travelling actually but to RIGHT ALL WRONGS, i will going there during the interview, i will openly inform the consular , i have no intention to travel, i only want to make a confession, i will tell him/her that i only came here to free myself of the constant guilt feelings, that i'm truly sorry for what happened few years ago and that i wish i was never there and it never happened, that i acted on impulse, despite the fact that everything that was misrepresentation have come to pass , such as
- My age was increased up to 7 years, 2013 till now is 7 years already, i could have waited...
- The agent stated in the application form that i was married, then i wasn't, but now happily married.
- The agent stated i was a university graduate, but then i was only an OND graduate, but right now i have a B.ENG also and have served.
- That i was gainfully employed , all not true , right now not just self-employed but an employer of labor
oh how i wish this never happened.

So my friends and the gurus in the house, should i go ahead and book an appointment at US embassy to report myself and correct my bio data and update my true profile with them , i'm willing to accept whatever is the consequences of my action and to plead for forgiveness rather than waiting for them to find out ? or should i avoid US embassy for the remaining years since i heard biometric data takes about 10-15 years to expire and get wiped on their system, please how true is this , i need help ?

3.) Finally how do i go ahead to explain all these on a note to the Canada VO or should i just tell them only about the discrepancy on my passport year of birth that it's a mistake that was done at immigration and that i was asked to use the passport until when it expires so thecorrect changes can be made, and that now i have gotten a new passport with the correct data, if i just state it this way, what about the wrong profile with the US and UK, will they be able to get that information from these embassies. I'm confused

I'm really confused and lost right now, please help a brother, or should i suspend applying for this study visa until after 10-15 is completed from 2013/2014 so this biometrics at both embassies must have expired

But i really need to apply for my masters, this is the best time to do this as i wouldn't want to have a case of a STUDY GAP in future, and i'm very sure to get the visa considering my TIES, status and educational history ( OND mechanical, B.Eng mechanical, and intended Masters also mechanical ) but this issue at hand is discouraging me, or should i go ahead apply for the study visa (masters) for my wife instead though she prefers to manage our businesses here , she studies Biochemistry (2.1 ) and won't this still come back to hurt me even if i try to avoid it , please guys help me with the best advise right now.

Waiting for your inputs.

Please my friends help a brother.

Chocs:
Hello EngrCGD

1) YES! Please make sure you indicate if you’ve been denied visa to any country! as they’ll still find out and it can lead to a 5 year ban.

2) It shouldn’t have any effect, if you are truthful about the reason, except it was a criminal related issue

3) They all share information, so if you lie, they’ll still find out. And you’ll get a ban from Canada.

4)if I were you, I’ll attach a small note to explain the error in the date of birth then I’ll do an affidavit in a court, declaring my real date of birth and attach it. That should sort it out.

Best wishes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 1:24pm On Oct 19, 2020
Hello EngrCGD

Your situation is sad but I think you are not going about it the right way.

A visa interview is not a place to correct your wrong.
Going to a visa interview to do all what you mentioned will lead to a refusal and you’re only making your matters worse.

You will be asked if you have any been refused visa before. Your answer should be yes, then you will be asked the reason why. This is where you can say your truth, and you can also attach a letter of explanation concerning this issue to your application if you want.

My advice is, the truth will set you free. Say the truth in an official manner. Put emotions aside and be realistic.

If you need professional help, find an IRCC registered consultant (make sure they are registered o) and they’ll assist. It’s pricey but they’ll handle it better.

Best wishes

EngrCGD:

Honestly i'm having a lot sleepless nights on this issue, seriously i'm regretting all this anomaly.

1.) First i don't know if misrepresentation is considered a serious criminal related issue/offense such as drugs, money laundering, terrorism etc, though i know it is a crime and it is subject to being inadmissible in US immigration law however do i go ahead to tell the the truth to the Canadian VO that i purposely and ignorantly agreed with an agent to increase my year of birth and filled up other misrepresentation data when i applied for the US visa and was denied 3 times and i that also went ahead to apply for UK visa which i was denied on the ground of insufficient fund only?

2.) Even before the thought of applying for Masters to Canada , i already decided that i will apply for US visiting visa , not for the purpose of travelling actually but to RIGHT ALL WRONGS, i will going there during the interview, i will openly inform the consular , i have no intention to travel, i only want to make a confession, i will tell him/her that i only came here to free myself of the constant guilt feelings, that i'm truly sorry for what happened few years ago and that i wish i was never there and it never happened, that i acted on impulse, despite the fact that everything that was misrepresentation have come to pass , such as
- My age was increased up to 7 years, 2013 till now is 7 years already, i could have waited...
- The agent stated in the application form that i was married, then i wasn't, but now happily married.
- The agent stated i was a university graduate, but then i was only an OND graduate, but right now i have a B.ENG also and have served.
- That i was gainfully employed , all not true , right now not just self-employed but an employer of labor

So my friends and the gurus in the house, should i go ahead and book an appointment at US embassy to report myself and correct my bio data and update my true profile with them , i'm willing to accept whatever is the consequences of my action and to plead for forgiveness rather than waiting for them to find out ? or should i avoid US embassy for the remaining years since i heard biometric data takes about 10-15 years to expire and get wiped on their system, please how true is this , i need help ?

3.) Finally how do i go ahead to explain all these on a note to the Canada VO or should i just tell them only about the discrepancy on my passport year of birth that it's a mistake that was done at immigration and that i was asked to use the passport until when it expires so thecorrect changes can be made, and that now i have gotten a new passport with the correct data, if i just state it this way, what about the wrong profile with the US and UK, will they be able to get that information from these embassies. I'm confused

I'm really confused and lost right now, please help a brother, or should i suspend applying for this study visa until after 10-15 is completed from 2013/2014 so this biometrics at both embassies must have expired

But i really need to apply for my masters, this is the best time to do this as i wouldn't want to have a case of a STUDY GAP in future, and i'm very sure to get the visa considering my TIES, status and educational history ( OND mechanical, B.Eng mechanical, and intended Masters also mechanical ) but this issue at hand is discouraging me, or should i go ahead apply for the study visa (masters) for my wife instead though she prefers to manage our businesses here , she studies Biochemistry (2.1 ) and won't this still come back to hurt me even if i try to avoid it , please guys help me with the best advise right now.

Waiting for your inputs.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Linsigne(m): 3:28pm On Oct 19, 2020
Pls wat are the documents I must hv to apply for a trv. I'm still an undergraduate of a university. I already hv my invitation letter how easy is it to get approved
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by PabloJuan: 3:29pm On Oct 19, 2020
Hello good day everyone, please I wanted to ask if it’ll be possible to get a study permit to canada next year on a transfer, I just entered 200lv and I’m studying in UK. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 3:32pm On Oct 19, 2020
Hello

What type of trv? I’m guessing a visit visa since you mentioned invitation letter. This page is for study permits (visa)

Best wishes
Linsigne:
Pls wat are the documents I must hv to apply for a trv. I'm still an undergraduate of a university. I already hv my invitation letter how easy is it to get approved
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by YemmyPOG: 5:44pm On Oct 19, 2020
Congratulations �

TimAke:
PPR just dropped guys. I'll give a detailed update soon. Let me catch my breath first grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by owolabia: 5:48pm On Oct 19, 2020
GCkey Login issues that happened on Fri/Sat to ghost updates is happening again now.

IRCC is doing something on our applications.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 5:50pm On Oct 19, 2020
Hello Dameelee,

My fellow Fanshawe intake. Your application looks like it is on track. I still await my notes on this end. Applied Sept 16th. I sent a mail to Fanshawe to enquire about their readiness plan. Their response below:

Hi there,

Our readiness plan has not yet been approved. We are awaiting approval now.

Do lets keep each other posted of our developments. Are you for January intake and do you plan to travel immediatey you get your visa?

Dameelee:
Yes I got medical request shortly after getting AIP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by EngrCGD: 5:52pm On Oct 19, 2020
Thank you Chocs, Please is there anyway i can contact you privately ? I need to discuss further with you on somethings privately.

Please confirm, thanks

Chocs:
Hello EngrCGD

Your situation is sad but I think you are not going about it the right way.

A visa interview is not a place to correct your wrong.
Going to a visa interview to do all what you mentioned will lead to a refusal and you’re only making your matters worse.

You will be asked if you have any been refused visa before. Your answer should be yes, then you will be asked the reason why. This is where you can say your truth, and you can also attach a letter of explanation concerning this issue to your application if you want.

My advice is, the truth will set you free. Say the truth in an official manner. Put emotions aside and be realistic.

If you need professional help, find an IRCC registered consultant (make sure they are registered o) and they’ll assist. It’s pricey but they’ll handle it better.

Best wishes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Damolarocks: 6:35pm On Oct 19, 2020
Good day House,

Please can someone using a sponsor's account apply for Visa with only 3 months bank statement

My friend has already paid 2/3 of the total tuition and has about Cad8,000 to go

He has 5m for living expenses in his personal account as well but for only 3 months as well

Please can he go ahead with the application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dommakavelli: 6:40pm On Oct 19, 2020
First, stop seeking personal opinions. I don't think anyone can help you here. Seek a legal and professional advise.

EngrCGD:

Waiting for your inputs.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 7:09pm On Oct 19, 2020
I logged into my application and then wanted to see the details. Initially the status was showing submitted but the application page didn't load. I refreshed the page and then my status changed to "your application has been updated". I couldn't move past that page. Now I'm unable to login to the portal. Is anyone having the same issue?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dampops(m): 7:20pm On Oct 19, 2020
Same here

rebecausoro:
I logged into my application and then wanted to see the details. Initially the status was showing submitted but the application page didn't load. I refreshed the page and then my status changed to "your application has been updated". I couldn't move past that page. Now I'm unable to login to the portal. Is anyone having the same issue?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 7:26pm On Oct 19, 2020
Dampops:
Same here

Did you see the status change too?

And do you also have an AIP already?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 7:27pm On Oct 19, 2020
Hello Damolarocks
You need at least 4 months of statement according to the rules.

Best wishes
Damolarocks:
Good day House,

Please can someone using a sponsor's account apply for Visa with only 3 months bank statement

My friend has already paid 2/3 of the total tuition and has about Cad8,000 to go

He has 5m for living expenses in his personal account as well but for only 3 months as well

Please can he go ahead with the application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dampops(m): 7:34pm On Oct 19, 2020
I was able to log in just now, and my last update is still the September 28 ‘medical exam passed’. Yes, I have an AIP since August 6th and medical request on August 27...

rebecausoro:

Did you see the status change too?

And do you also have an AIP already?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 7:44pm On Oct 19, 2020
Dampops:
I was able to log in just now, and my last update is still the September 28 ‘medical exam passed’. Yes, I have an AIP since August 6th and medical request on August 27...

Maybe it's a system glitch or maybe they want to do mass updates. They're definitely up to something.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sleekigboguy: 7:55pm On Oct 19, 2020
Hey guys...
I did upfront medicals with my biometrics that was requested.. but the medicals is not reflecting on my dashboard..

Please How do i go about it??
I did my medicals on 1st october
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 8:05pm On Oct 19, 2020
Hello Sleekigboguy,

Did you submit the slip you got from your medicals to IRCC?
If no, you can submit it via webform and email to:

Webform

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=nairobi&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Email (nairobi@international.gc.ca, nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca, nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca)

Include your application number and your UCI number in the email.

The heading of your email can be “Upfront medical examination slip”

Best wishes
Sleekigboguy:
Hey guys...
I did upfront medicals with my biometrics that was requested.. but the medicals is not reflecting on my dashboard..

Please How do i go about it??
I did my medicals on 1st october

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 8:23pm On Oct 19, 2020
P:S LONG POST ALERT ON SCHLS WITH APPROVED COVID READINESS PLAN

Extracts from another thread; I have not verified the authenticity o

Quebec isnt ready to accept intl students so probably no school there will make the list tomorrow (see attached)

[b]UCalgary [/b]is on the list:
Update for international students currently outside Canada:

The Government of Canada recently announced an update to travel restriction exemptions. This change, which is scheduled to take effect Oct. 20, 2020, will allow UCalgary international students with a valid study permit or a study permit approval to enter Canada. UCalgary's COVID-19 readiness plan has been approved by the provincial government.

This update applies to all international students, regardless of where they are travelling from or when their study permit was approved.

Students should not make any travel plans until they have met all requirements and received all necessary authorizations. Details about what is required will be updated on the Government of Canada travel exemptions website on or before Oct. 20, 2020.

The Government of Canada requires all students, and any family members accompanying them, arriving from an international location to quarantine for 14 days and monitor themselves for symptoms. Students must confirm their arrival with the university and follow UCalgary’s quarantine process for students.

If you have questions, you can contact UCalgary’s International Student Services team at issimmigration@ucalgary.ca.

Office of the Vice-Provost (Student Experience)
Student and Enrolment Services

Saskatchewan Polytechnic approved

Fanshawe:
From Fanshawe college

Dear Fanshawe student,

As you may already know, new travel restrictions will take effect on October 20, allowing international students to enter Canada if their designated learning institution (DLI) has an approved COVID-19 readiness plan in place approved by the government.

Fanshawe College has a comprehensive plan to welcome international students to Canada, including assistance for students with their quarantine plans and guidance in acquiring food and medication during the 14-day self-isolation period. The readiness plan outlines campus safety and protocols in the event of any COVID-19 cases at the school. The document was submitted to the provincial government on August 28 and is currently under review.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will continue to publish and update the list of approved DLIs. Fanshawe College expects to receive approval imminently and is ready to welcome when the approval is secured.

Students with study permits approved on or before March 18 will no longer be authorized to enter the country as of October 20 if their DLI is not on the IRCC list. Travellers should not make any travel plans until they have met all requirements and received all necessary authorizations.

We will continue to stay in touch, and will provide updates to international students and education agents as soon as they become available.

Algonquin College

"The Government of Canada recently announced that starting October 20, 2020, students with their study permit approved and studying outside of Canada at an institution with a COVID-19 readiness plan approved by their province or territory will be able to proceed to Canada for their studies. At this time, Algonquin College is awaiting approval of its readiness plan, and will notify you as soon as it is received. Please note that Algonquin will not be issuing Letters of Support for students’ travel to Canada until we are added to the list of Designated Learning Institutions with permission to receive students.You can also check our FAQ page for up to date information. For more information on travelling to Canada, please click here.

Please note that this change doesn’t affect study permit holders already in Canada.

To make your transition a smooth one, we have provided all the resources you need to adhere to the quarantine regulations. Register your self-isolation plan or let us help you build one. Accommodations, groceries and travel resources, the Algonquin College Self-Isolation program has you covered."

Dalhousie University

Dalhousie University is very pleased that Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has revised border restrictions to welcome international students and their immediate family members to approved Designated Learning Institutions (DLIs), starting later this month. For detailed information, please refer to IRCC’s update on travel restriction exemptions for international students.

You are able to apply for your study permit and visa at any time, but Dalhousie must be included on the Approved DLI list before you will be able to travel to Canada. Currently, we are consulting with our provincial and federal government partners to ensure that we will be included on the Approved DLI list and anticipate that will happen in early to mid November. We will advise all Dalhousie international students when Dalhousie is included on the Approved DLI list.

UNBC their plan was approved and they expect to be on the list on the 20th. It's stated on the website online

Brock University Toronto is on the list. They got email from university confirming the news.

Humber
As you may be aware, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will release its list of the country’s colleges and universities that are classified as Designated Learning Institutions (DLIs).

Humber has submitted our application and expects to be added to the list in the near future. We have developed a comprehensive COVID-19 Readiness Plan, and are currently waiting for our provincial and federal Governments to approve the plan. We are ready to welcome you to Humber and to Toronto once their approval is received.

We are aware that study permit processing is being prioritized for students who have applied to institutions on the DLI list. Further, students who had been approved for a study permit prior to March 18 will no longer be authorized to enter Canada as of October 20 if their DLI is not on the list. IRCC has begun communicating this to affected students.

These are additional reasons why we are working closely with our governments to have Humber added to the DLI list as soon as possible. We expect that the DLI list will be updated on an ongoing basis and that Humber will be on it very soon.

We will continue to be in contact with international students and provide updates as they become available. For more information regarding future travel restrictions, please visit the following link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/10/update-on-travel-restriction-exemptions-for-international-students.html

MCGILL: (see attached)

Sheridan (see attached)

YORKU: They confirmed that they have an approved COVID readiness plan in place. However they announced that winter 21 will also be online.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 8:51pm On Oct 19, 2020
Hey Eilenora, thanks for the update.. I was hoping their readiness plan would be approved o (before they’ll say they are approving only applications if the schools have COVID readiness plan. Anyways fingers crossed.

I’m a January intake, and I plan to travel in December.
Eilenora:
Hello Dameelee,

My fellow Fanshawe intake. Your application looks like it is on track. I still await my notes on this end. Applied Sept 16th. I sent a mail to Fanshawe to enquire about their readiness plan. Their response below:

Hi there,

Our readiness plan has not yet been approved. We are awaiting approval now.

Do lets keep each other posted of our developments. Are you for January intake and do you plan to travel immediatey you get your visa?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 8:57pm On Oct 19, 2020
Eilenora:
P:S LONG POST ALERT ON SCHLS WITH APPROVED COVID READINESS PLAN

Extracts from another thread; I have not verified the authenticity o

Quebec isnt ready to accept intl students so probably no school there will make the list tomorrow (see attached)

[b]UCalgary [/b]is on the list:
Update for international students currently outside Canada:

The Government of Canada recently announced an update to travel restriction exemptions. This change, which is scheduled to take effect Oct. 20, 2020, will allow UCalgary international students with a valid study permit or a study permit approval to enter Canada. UCalgary's COVID-19 readiness plan has been approved by the provincial government.

This update applies to all international students, regardless of where they are travelling from or when their study permit was approved.

Students should not make any travel plans until they have met all requirements and received all necessary authorizations. Details about what is required will be updated on the Government of Canada travel exemptions website on or before Oct. 20, 2020.

The Government of Canada requires all students, and any family members accompanying them, arriving from an international location to quarantine for 14 days and monitor themselves for symptoms. Students must confirm their arrival with the university and follow UCalgary’s quarantine process for students.

If you have questions, you can contact UCalgary’s International Student Services team at issimmigration@ucalgary.ca.

Office of the Vice-Provost (Student Experience)
Student and Enrolment Services

Saskatchewan Polytechnic approved

Fanshawe:
From Fanshawe college

Dear Fanshawe student,

As you may already know, new travel restrictions will take effect on October 20, allowing international students to enter Canada if their designated learning institution (DLI) has an approved COVID-19 readiness plan in place approved by the government.

Fanshawe College has a comprehensive plan to welcome international students to Canada, including assistance for students with their quarantine plans and guidance in acquiring food and medication during the 14-day self-isolation period. The readiness plan outlines campus safety and protocols in the event of any COVID-19 cases at the school. The document was submitted to the provincial government on August 28 and is currently under review.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will continue to publish and update the list of approved DLIs. Fanshawe College expects to receive approval imminently and is ready to welcome when the approval is secured.

Students with study permits approved on or before March 18 will no longer be authorized to enter the country as of October 20 if their DLI is not on the IRCC list. Travellers should not make any travel plans until they have met all requirements and received all necessary authorizations.

We will continue to stay in touch, and will provide updates to international students and education agents as soon as they become available.

Algonquin College

"The Government of Canada recently announced that starting October 20, 2020, students with their study permit approved and studying outside of Canada at an institution with a COVID-19 readiness plan approved by their province or territory will be able to proceed to Canada for their studies. At this time, Algonquin College is awaiting approval of its readiness plan, and will notify you as soon as it is received. Please note that Algonquin will not be issuing Letters of Support for students’ travel to Canada until we are added to the list of Designated Learning Institutions with permission to receive students.You can also check our FAQ page for up to date information. For more information on travelling to Canada, please click here.

Please note that this change doesn’t affect study permit holders already in Canada.

To make your transition a smooth one, we have provided all the resources you need to adhere to the quarantine regulations. Register your self-isolation plan or let us help you build one. Accommodations, groceries and travel resources, the Algonquin College Self-Isolation program has you covered."

Dalhousie University

Dalhousie University is very pleased that Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has revised border restrictions to welcome international students and their immediate family members to approved Designated Learning Institutions (DLIs), starting later this month. For detailed information, please refer to IRCC’s update on travel restriction exemptions for international students.

You are able to apply for your study permit and visa at any time, but Dalhousie must be included on the Approved DLI list before you will be able to travel to Canada. Currently, we are consulting with our provincial and federal government partners to ensure that we will be included on the Approved DLI list and anticipate that will happen in early to mid November. We will advise all Dalhousie international students when Dalhousie is included on the Approved DLI list.

UNBC their plan was approved and they expect to be on the list on the 20th. It's stated on the website online

Brock University Toronto is on the list. They got email from university confirming the news.

Humber
As you may be aware, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will release its list of the country’s colleges and universities that are classified as Designated Learning Institutions (DLIs).

Humber has submitted our application and expects to be added to the list in the near future. We have developed a comprehensive COVID-19 Readiness Plan, and are currently waiting for our provincial and federal Governments to approve the plan. We are ready to welcome you to Humber and to Toronto once their approval is received.

We are aware that study permit processing is being prioritized for students who have applied to institutions on the DLI list. Further, students who had been approved for a study permit prior to March 18 will no longer be authorized to enter Canada as of October 20 if their DLI is not on the list. IRCC has begun communicating this to affected students.

These are additional reasons why we are working closely with our governments to have Humber added to the DLI list as soon as possible. We expect that the DLI list will be updated on an ongoing basis and that Humber will be on it very soon.

We will continue to be in contact with international students and provide updates as they become available. For more information regarding future travel restrictions, please visit the following link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/10/update-on-travel-restriction-exemptions-for-international-students.html

MCGILL: (see attached)

Sheridan (see attached)

YORKU: They confirmed that they have an approved COVID readiness plan in place. However they announced that winter 21 will also be online.

I think we should just wait for the list to come out first. 20th is not far again. I have some doubts concerning the information here but let's see.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:31pm On Oct 19, 2020
Don't be too hard on yourself is not that serious.People make mistakes in their certificates not to talk of Passport.Get an affidavit correcting your date of birth. Then explain in your application that there was a mistake in your date of birth which you have corrected. Thats all.

te author=EngrCGD post=95091141]Thank Chocs for your input and reply.

Waiting for your inputs.

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dbankx1: 10:48pm On Oct 19, 2020
Hello, Please i need the advice of a guru on SOP, please if you are available for a chat contact me on email: damihundeyin@gmail.com so i can send you my letter and you take a look and make corrections, Please i am in dire need of your service as i am planning on sending my application by friday morning. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dee4Doyinsola: 11:09pm On Oct 19, 2020
Hello,
First, I want to say thank you for these threads. Discovering that I'm not alone on this path (of getting a study permit) is a great relief.

I got AIP August 6
Medicals was updated August 24
Biometrics was completed September 1
I resumed online studies September 9
I have not received any information/update about the whole process since September 1 when the biometrics was completed. Please what can I do to know if they are working on my application?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dampops(m): 11:16pm On Oct 19, 2020
Nothing more...just calm down. You’re almost there

Dee4Doyinsola:
Hello,
First, I want to say thank you for these threads. Discovering that I'm not alone on this path (of getting a study permit) is a great relief.

I got AIP August 6
I have not received any information/update about the whole process since September 1 when the biometrics was completed. Please what can I do to know if they are working on my application?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 11:55pm On Oct 19, 2020
Hello Dee4Doyinsola

You can order your gcms notes to see the current state of your application. If you have been approved, you’ll see it there. To do that, just google “GCMS notes sites Canada” and you’ll see several websites you can order it from. It costs between $15-$20 cad and can take up to 35 days to be ready. If you have anyone in Canada to order it on your behalf (citizen, permanent resident or temporary resident) it would cost $5 cad only.

Getting an AIP is a good sign though.

Best wishes
Dee4Doyinsola:
Hello,

I got AIP August 6

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tracy2020: 12:12am On Oct 20, 2020
I just saw this

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ckechi: 12:24am On Oct 20, 2020
Lekiboboe:

To,
The Visa Officer,
Deputy High Commission of Canada,

4, Anifowose Street,
Victoria Island,
Lagos, Nigeria

Thank you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.