Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,430 members, 7,808,531 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:07 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (418) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1154841 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Natase: 12:53am On Oct 20, 2020
Tracy2020:
I just saw this

Says "Canada-US border". There is nothing to worry about, except you are traveling from US to Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dee4Doyinsola: 4:05am On Oct 20, 2020
Thanks a lot, will order one immediately.
Chocs:
Hello Dee4Doyinsola

You can order your gcms notes to see the current state of your application. If you have been approved, you’ll see it there. To do that, just google “GCMS notes sites Canada” and you’ll see several websites you can order it from. It costs between $15-$20 cad and can take up to 35 days to be ready. If you have anyone in Canada to order it on your behalf (citizen, permanent resident or temporary resident) it would cost $5 cad only.

Getting an AIP is a good sign though.

Best wishes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 5:50am On Oct 20, 2020
EngrCGD:
Hello gurus in the house, good morning

@Frankrobbn1
@naijaforeigner
@JustMellow
@Lekiboboe
Etc

Please i need your answers on my below questions;

1.) When filling the Canada study permit form, does the form require one to indicate if you have been denied any country Visa previously especially US and UK ?

2.) If YES, does previous US and UK visiting visa denials have any effect on the outcome of your Canada Study permit Visa ?

3) Please is it true that UK, US , Canada and Australia share same biometric data with each other or information of applicant denied a visa ?

4.) Lastly please i have a very important issue bothering me which have prompted all the above questions, sometime in 2013 and 2014 i was denied a US and UK visas and the date of birth on my international passport was incorrect ( Wrong year of birth but with correct Month and day of birth) , the visa agent filled up some misleading information to correspond with the age increase ( About 7 years added to my real age) , then i was so desperate to travel, i only have my my OND cert then, after the visa denials i decided to stay back and further my education, so i later proceeded and got my B.ENG , now i want to apply for masters in canada and i'm well established here in Nigeria with 2 companies, married with other TIES, i have been living with the guilt of the misleading data on my passport and information at the US and UK embassies and because the wrong DOB will not also correspond with the DOB on my educational document ( e.g WAEC) i have applied to go to Abuja soon to correct the information and have the date of birth correct on a new passport to apply for the canada study permit.

Now my biggest fear is, if the Canada consulate will get my previous data information from the US or UK embassy.
I have not seen the Canada Study Visa form if the question for previous visa denial for US , UK or any other country will be asked or not, but definitely i'm willing to say the truth in my application and ready to face the consequences, i just want to make everything right , i regret my action few years ago. I was misled by the visa agent then.

NOTE: i traveled to Dubai twice (2013 and 2016) with the wrong year of birth, though the passport with the wrong year of birth is expired and like i said, i will soon have a new one with the correct data.
UK informed then that i had insufficient funds as reason for denial while US, didn't give any reason for the denial, simply was denied after interview.

Please kindly reply my above questions and advise me on what to do guys. Please help a brother, i'm really bothered.

Hello EngrCGD,

I think you are overreacting and I quite understand. As already noted, Canada requires that applicants truthfully declare any information or past refusal(s). There is a column in the IMM 1294e form to indicate or declare any prior refusal(s).

Irrespective of the refusal(s) to other countries, Canada visa application is processed independently based on the visa requirements and been able to meet the requirements completely, which is also not a guarantee to count as positive. The prior refusal(s) to those country have no hold to your Canada visa processing if the application is well-packaged and done in honesty.

Despite the information sharing amongst the US, UK and Canada, I don't think your age discrepancy would be considered as a major factor to refuse your application by the Canadian VO if honestly declared and furnishing them with the appropriate document(s) to support the new claim.

There was an applicant whose husband was removed from the US. Thereafter, he applied for a visiting visa to the UK and got it despite been removed from the UK. Later on, he overstayed in the UK before he left. After a while, he applied to Canada for a visiting visa and was denied. When the notes came, nothing related to the US removal was stated nor the overstay in the UK just normal concerns of intent to visit Canada though his travel histories were noted. After the US removal, he had also travel to some Europe countries.

In summary, I am trying to say that the age and any sensitive information discrepancies can be corrected in your application to Canada. The consequences might not be favourable but its worth the risk that it may not be used against you if you can demonstrate a clear and genuine study intent. Its wise to let the VO know ab nitio before it becomes a discovery.

Get either of your parents to get a sworn affidavit attesting to the correct age and disregarding that which is in the passport with affirmation to been inputted as error by the issuing authority. Renew your passport to reflect the right age and then support the affidavit with your NIMC, WAEC or other relevant documents reflecting your correct age coupled with a Letter to provide the VO with appropriate understanding of your situation.

In my opinion, you shouldn't schedule that visa interview with the US consular. I think at this moment, you're allowing your emotions having a strong grip on the current situation of things and if not properly managed, it may affect your application to Canada in a very negative way.

In summary and base on my opinion, I think you should approach your application like any regular application and prepare for the worst even if the best is all you hope for.

All the best

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Obanidavid: 6:53am On Oct 20, 2020
Obanidavid:

My brother, he who has hope has everything.

To the glory of God, I am a living witness to your inquiry. I sincerely appreciate everyone's contribution and criticism on this group.

Application submitted: June 5th,
Biometrics request: June 7th,
Medical request: July 1st,
Medical passed: July 14th,
AIP received: August 6th,
Biometrics given: August 28th,
Biometrics updated: September 9th.
Passport request: Any moment from now.

Admission was for fall 2020 before school deferred till Winter 2021 due to Covid-19, and deferral letter was issued May 22nd.

... Breaking Limits on all sides.....

Glory be to God.

While we await the list of Schools ready to receive international students to be publish today. I received a correspondence letter this morning "RE: validity of your biometric information".

More success stories to come for all. Thank you Lord.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 7:08am On Oct 20, 2020
Obanidavid:

Glory be to God.

While we await the list of Schools ready to receive international students to be publish today. I received a correspondence letter this morning "RE: validity of your biometric information".

This is good. PPR is loading.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by AdoChel(f): 7:09am On Oct 20, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I am new here. Please can anyone help me with all the steps I ought to take if I am going to Canada for a Masters degree. What do I do once I have gotten admission?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 7:13am On Oct 20, 2020
PPR on the way. Congratulations in advance. This week is the week of good news

Obanidavid:

Glory be to God.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Oreoluwamipo: 7:18am On Oct 20, 2020
I find this so helpful. God bless you .

But then, a cover letter isn't required as part of the documents the school wants me to send , do I still send ? I hope I won't seem desperate.

Between , Political science is quite related to HR � I'm always amazed people don't know that lol because it screams "politics" lol
Lekiboboe:

You are Welcome Oreoluwa,

Oh that's awesome

So this is what u gonna do,

Its advisable for u to write a Cover letter (addressed to that department in the sch.) as part of the supporting documents for ur admission application, in which u will talk about why u are going an HR program even though u av a degree in a non-related program (Political Science)

This is where u will now explain ur Professional Certificate in HR, your Work Experience as an Assistant HR

and also in the cover letter , mention like 3-4 courses/subjects u will be doing in that program in the college.

In a Nutshell,
Know that, ur transcript says more about your Political Science degree,

so its the following supporting documents: 
- Professional Certificate in HR
- Cover letter
- Recommendation Letter from ur Boss (Where u work as an Assistant HR) - Optional THOUGH,
- Updated Resume/CV
the admission committee of the college will likely dwell more on in order to make a decision if u will be given the admission.

Find attached a COVER LETTER SAMPLE/TEMPLATE (FOR ADMISSION)

NOTE: Some of the Contents in that Cover Letter would be what u gonna write in ur SOP when u want to begin ur Canada Study Permit Application (e.g in a Sub-heading/Paragraph like Why Graduate Certificate in HR in so so skool,
so take note of them.

All da best ma'am
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 7:19am On Oct 20, 2020
Hello AdoChel

Congratulations on your admission.
The next step is to prepare for your visa application. I’ll advice you to apply online.

You’ll need your letter of acceptance, valid international passport, recent passport photographs, proof of fund (bank statement and other financial documents), client information (any other important doc you want to attach, like your bsc certificate and transcript, resume/cv, birth certificate, etc), you’ll need a CAQ if your Uni is in Quebec

You’ll receive a biometric request after you submit your application, then you can go to the centre and give your biometrics.

You can do your medical exam upfront (before or shortly after submitting your application) or you can wait for IRCC to send you a request to go and do it after you’ve submitted.

At the bottom of this page you’ll see numbers, those are page numbers for the thread. Click on 1 and start reading, read till the last page and when you’re done you’ll be totally prepared to apply. Once you read it, everything will be clear.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask

Best wishes

AdoChel:
Hi Everyone,

I am new here. Please can anyone help me with all the steps I ought to take if I am going to Canada for a Masters degree. What do I do once I have gotten admission?

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 7:20am On Oct 20, 2020
Congratulations on your BVL, PPR next �
Did you apply from Nigeria?
Obanidavid:

Glory be to God.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Oreoluwamipo: 7:22am On Oct 20, 2020
Congrats bro .. Concerning the list of schools that's likely to accept international students. Some schools don't want us? Wow, Do we all what for this ?
Obanidavid:

Glory be to God.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 7:24am On Oct 20, 2020
Hello Oreoluwamipo

I don’t think it’s about the schools not wanting students. Some haven’t put the proper covid facilities in place, so they can’t receive students. The list of those who have the facilities will be published today. Those are the ones that will be allowed to receive students.
Oreoluwamipo:
Congrats bro .. Concerning the list of schools that's likely to accept international students. Some schools don't want us? Wow, Do we all what for this ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 7:58am On Oct 20, 2020
Hello Oreoluwamipo

You used “quite” smiley That shows it’s not very obvious, especially for someone not in the field.

I know this discussion is about your admission but when it comes to the visa application, you can’t assume the officer knows it’s “quite related”. Thankfully you have work experience in HR, so it won’t be difficult at all to explain why you’re going for HR with a pol science degree.

Best wishes
Oreoluwamipo:

But then, a cover letter isn't required as part of the documents the school wants me to send , do I still send ? I hope I won't seem desperate.

Between , Political science is quite related to HR � I'm always amazed people don't know that lol because it screams "politics" lol
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 8:02am On Oct 20, 2020
Hello Oreoluwamipo

Seeming desperate for an admission is not totally a bad thing in my opinion.

Did they give any room to add additional documents? (I know some schools give a space and say, if there’s any other information you’d like us to know please attach it here) If there’s something like that, you can attach all these extras there.

Best wishes
Oreoluwamipo:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 8:21am On Oct 20, 2020
Oreoluwamipo:

Amen,

With such move, you don't seem desperate, the motive here is to proof you are a good fit for the Program despite having a Degree in Pol. Science

Yes u are right,

The school might likely not mention it as a requirement, that is why I termed Cover Letter etc. SUPPORTING DOCUMENT

Since u are not directly having a Degree in a Program that relates to HR, a Cover Letter gonna be essential, a way to boost ur chances for admission.

Let me assume the School u wanna apply to is a school under Ontario College body e.g Conestoga College, Cambrian College etc.

If u wanna apply to such skool via the Ontario College Portal, there is always an Upload Column there titled SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS, under it u gonna see OTHER DOCUMENTS, under that u gonna see Portfolio
So under that Portfolio, that's where u gonna upload ur Supporting Documents for Admission which are;
- Cover Letter
- Professional Certificate in HR
- Recommendation Letter (Optional)
- CV
- Resume

Like I said in my last post to u, the cover letter will also help u when u wanna apply for ur Study Visa (while writing ur SOP), one way or the other you are alrdy learning how to explain in ur SOP ur Academic/Career Progression based on ur Transitioning from Pol. Science to HR

Hmm, quite related, ok

Oya Prof. Oreoluwamipo lecture me on that cheesy
(We learn Everyday wink )

If I may ask, what is the name of that school u are applying for a PG. Cert in HR?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 8:34am On Oct 20, 2020
Obanidavid:

Glory be to God.

Congratulations in Advance Obanidavid,

PPR Loading for u.........

The correspondence letter u got, did u get a DO NOT REPLY mail or you jz checked ur CIC Profile and saw it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Obanidavid: 9:30am On Oct 20, 2020
Dameelee:
Congratulations on your BVL, PPR next � Did you apply from Nigeria?
Yes, I applied from Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Obanidavid: 9:37am On Oct 20, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Congratulations in Advance Obanidavid,

PPR Loading for u.........

The correspondence letter u got, did u get a DO NOT REPLY mail or you jz checked ur CIC Profile and saw it?

Thanks @Lekiboboe

I received the DO NOT REPLY email this morning at exactly 6:03am this morning before checking my profile.

I also observed in the letter that it was sent from
Embassy of Canada
Visa Section
19 Dongzhimenwai Dajie
Chao Yang District
Beijing
100600, China (PRC)

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by EngrCGD: 9:49am On Oct 20, 2020
Thank you JustMellow...I really appreciate, honestly this is helpful, i'm happy to be part of this platform. I will start the process of securing an admission first , then i will take it up from there.

JustMellow anyway i can contact you privately like one on one ? I do appreciate that.

Thanks everyone

JustMellow:

Hello EngrCGD,

I think you are overreacting and I quite understand. As already noted, Canada requires that applicants truthfully declare any information or past refusal(s). There is a column in the IMM 1294e form to indicate or declare any prior refusal(s).

Irrespective of the refusal(s) to other countries, Canada visa application is processed independently based on the visa requirements and been able to meet the requirements completely, which is also not a guarantee to count as positive. The prior refusal(s) to those country have no hold to your Canada visa processing if the application is well-packaged and done in honesty.

Despite the information sharing amongst the US, UK and Canada, I don't think your age discrepancy would be considered as a major factor to refuse your application by the Canadian VO if honestly declared and furnishing them with the appropriate document(s) to support the new claim.

There was an applicant whose husband was removed from the US. Thereafter, he applied for a visiting visa to the UK and got it despite been removed from the UK. Later on, he overstayed in the UK before he left. After a while, he applied to Canada for a visiting visa and was denied. When the notes came, nothing related to the US removal was stated nor the overstay in the UK just normal concerns of intent to visit Canada though his travel histories were noted. After the US removal, he had also travel to some Europe countries.

In summary, I am trying to say that the age and any sensitive information discrepancies can be corrected in your application to Canada. The consequences might not be favourable but its worth he risk that it may not be used against you if you can demonstrate a clear and genuine study intent. Its wise to let the VO know ab nitio before it becomes a discovery.

Get either of your parents to get a sworn affidavit attesting to the correct age and disregarding that which is in the passport with affirmation to been inputted as error by the issuing authority. Renew your passport to reflect the right age and then support the affidavit with your NIMC, WAEC or other relevant documents reflecting your correct age coupled with a Letter to provide the VO with appropriate understanding of your situation.

In my opinion, you shouldn't schedule that visa interview with the US consular. I think at this moment, you're allowing your emotions having a strong grip on the current situation of things and if not properly managed, it may affect your application to Canada in a very negative way.

In summary and base on my opinion, I think you should approach your application like any regular application and prepare for the worst even if the best is all you hope for.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 9:52am On Oct 20, 2020
Obanidavid:

Thanks @Lekiboboe

I received the DO NOT REPLY email this morning at exactly 6:03am this morning before checking my profile.

Embassy of Canada
Visa Section
19 Dongzhimenwai Dajie
Chao Yang District
Beijing
100600, China (PRC)
U are welcome,

Oh China, AMAZING

I saw an Applicant's GCM note recently who got AIP, his Application was sent to Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam, South East, Asia

Seems CIC sent Study Permit Applications to other Continents e.g. ASIA, cos of the COVID-19 Pandemic which has caused the availability of Limited Staffs in some Visa Processing Offices,
cos most response i have heard of are bin sent from Nairobi, Ottawa & Edmonton. (They might be more though).

It will end in praises HRM Obanidavid wink
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 9:55am On Oct 20, 2020
Obanidavid:

Thanks @Lekiboboe

Embassy of Canada
Visa Section
19 Dongzhimenwai Dajie
Chao Yang District
Beijing
100600, China (PRC)

This makes sense. Many Chinese applicants received PPRs yesterday. You were lucky to have your application sent there. So far, it appears that the Nairobi office is yet to begin sending PPRs. Hopefully, they'd commence soon.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 9:57am On Oct 20, 2020
AdoChel:
Hi Everyone,

Thank you.
Hi AdoChel,

In addition to Honorable Chocs response,

Visit the Link below
for
CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION FULL GUIDE (D-I-Y) & other Useful Information pertaining to Canada Study Visa
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/341#94059644

Anything u ain't clear of, you are at liberty to ask questions here in the forum

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 20, 2020
Hello, good morning all. Pls, anyone planning to or has applied to Nova Scotia Community College?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 10:25am On Oct 20, 2020
rebecausoro:
I logged into my application and then wanted to see the details. Initially the status was showing submitted but the application page didn't load. I refreshed the page and then my status changed to "your application has been updated". I couldn't move past that page. Now I'm unable to login to the portal. Is anyone having the same issue?

This is called Ghost Update. It's an indication that your application is presently being looked into by an immigration officer. Besides, several applicants confirmed to have noticed the same changes on their applications. Be hopeful that your application is progressing.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 10:30am On Oct 20, 2020
dayoola123:
Hello, good morning all. Pls, anyone planning to or has applied to Nova Scotia Community College?

This College don't offer Post Graduate Programs. It will be difficult to see anyone going to this school on this thread as chances of getting an approval from the immigration authorities is slim. I will recommend you check other ivy league schools.

It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 10:39am On Oct 20, 2020
PabloJuan:
Hello good day everyone, please I wanted to ask if it’ll be possible to get a study permit to canada next year on a transfer, I just entered 200lv and I’m studying in UK. Thank you

For you to transfer from the UK to Canada, you must have a rational explanation and reasons to why you're transferring instead of completing your education in UK. If you can come up with convincing statement and arguments, you can give it a try while still pursuing your studies in UK. I would personally advice you finish up your education in UK and apply for a master's program in Canada.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by LordAA(m): 10:40am On Oct 20, 2020
Lekiboboe:

U are welcome,

Oh China, AMAZING

I saw an Applicant's GCM note recently who got AIP, his Application was sent to Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam, South East, Asia

Seems CIC sent Study Permit Applications to other Continents e.g. ASIA, cos of the COVID-19 Pandemic which has caused the availability of Limited Staffs in some Visa Processing Offices,
cos most response i have heard of are bin sent from Nairobi, Ottawa & Edmonton. (They might be more though).

It will end in praises HRM Obanidavid wink

Please how does one know where his/her application is? For someone who has already recieved AIP?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Onweke: 10:44am On Oct 20, 2020
Good day All,

For reapplication do I have to attach the previous SOP and the new LOE ?. I was refused due to only financial establishment. Large deposits and low balances (GCMS note).
Tuition 8,250 + LE 10,000 + miscellaneous 5,000. Total = 23,250 CAD ( N 6,751,281.86)
I want to do cash deposit 7 million with buyer's name as narration . Thereby tagging this huge deposit to the sale of my land (documents attached in previous application).I estimated the land value at that amount in my previous SOP. I plan to leave this money in the account for one month before reapplying. I already have 5 million in my account since June. What are the documents I should attach in this new application?. Only the deed of conveyance between the buyer and I or with survey plan in my name or the buyer's name ?
Please I need an advise.

#Frankrobbn
#Locs
#Lekiboboe
#Justmellow
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by godguy: 10:53am On Oct 20, 2020
Chocs:
Hello shoyemiayodeji

A sponsor must not be related. People have gotten approval with unrelated sponsor. When using an unrelated sponsor, it’s good to make it clear why that person decided to spend so much on you.

But if you have a related sponsor that would be great.

Best wishes

Please can your spouse be your sponsor? when given visa, can the spouse be allowed to join you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 11:06am On Oct 20, 2020
LordAA:

Please how does one know where his/her application is? For someone who has already recieved AIP?

Thanks.
An Applicant can see it in his/her GCM Notes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 11:09am On Oct 20, 2020
Damolarocks:
Good day House,

Please can someone using a sponsor's account apply for Visa with only 3 months bank statement

My friend has already paid 2/3 of the total tuition and has about Cad8,000 to go

He has 5m for living expenses in his personal account as well but for only 3 months as well

Please can he go ahead with the application?

Your friend can apply with a three (3) months SOA provided that the statement is well managed with good inflow and outflow of cash.

It will end in praise

(1) (2) (3) ... (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.