Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,708 members, 7,802,127 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (432) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1149055 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chukwubuikexo: 9:55pm On Oct 22, 2020
Proof of funds segment
Dbankx1:
Hello, guys im in some sort of dilema, my main reason for return is that my father wants to groom me to eventually take over his real estate portfolio, so do i put the landed property docs in client information segment or in financial docs segment because the property is also a source of income.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chukwubuikexo: 9:56pm On Oct 22, 2020
Be very clear and state explicitly all of the VO's concerns and address them adequately.
Goodluck
Glasses08:
Good day house,

I had made an application that was denied in 2018 and I want to reapply now. One of the reasons it was denied was travel history. I am trying to explain this in my LOE and would appreciate any information I could use as I don't really know what to put in that area.

Please note that I haven't travelled out of Nigeria except to Ghana in 2008 or thereabout. I finished undergraduate study in 2016, NYSC 2017.

Thank you [color
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 10:12pm On Oct 22, 2020
Hello,

Please review the information below:

At this time, Conestoga has submitted our plan and we are awaiting approval from IRCC. The list of approved Designated Learning Institute (DLI) will be on IRCC website. We will not be issuing travel letters at this time.

IRCC announced the opening of borders to International student travel starting Oct 20th if the school in which they are enrolled, is an approved Designated Learning Institution (DLI) with a Covid-19 Readiness Plan.
Conestoga has submitted their Covid-19 Readiness Plan and is currently awaiting approval.
Once approved, Conestoga’s name will be added to the IRCC website of approved DLI’s and travel to Canada for study purposes at Conestoga will be permitted without restrictions or travel support letters.
The next approval release date for DLI approval is November 3rd

Thank you,

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Honney85: 10:23pm On Oct 22, 2020
Dovelove543:
You may want to wait until Monday before booking. I live close to VFS and I can tell you that everywhere is in chaos. No one knows for sure what will happen.

You have to wait for this chaos to die down before booking. All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by demure178(m): 10:29pm On Oct 22, 2020
Please, which document or file can I put in the section of medical? If you haven't done medical at all. You would if it's requested later.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dee4Doyinsola: 10:57pm On Oct 22, 2020
Thank you honorable Chocs I applied for one on Tuesday 20/10/2020. But I really hope to hear from them before the note arrives since it takes approximately 30 days for notes to be released.

Chocs:
Sorry to hear. Please order your GCMS notes if you haven't

Best wishes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olowoba2: 11:15pm On Oct 22, 2020
Please what is the current CRS score benchmark?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ifelajulo: 11:31pm On Oct 22, 2020
heidepaper:
Please could someone share the link to the living in Canada thread? I can’t find it. Or even any other thread that can help with information on settling in Canada. Thanks in advance house

See levels, you don pass the level of "study permit in Canada" to "living in Canada". Baba God take me higher let my PPR come. ��

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 11:43pm On Oct 22, 2020
heidepaper:
Thank you so much
You are welcome Hon. heidpaper
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Queenmama03(f): 12:08am On Oct 23, 2020
Guys Please I’m just thinking ahead so that I can start gathering money from now. Apart from school fees is 5m enough to show as proof of funds for upkeep if I intend to go with my 18month old baby. Duration of program should be 1 to 2 years.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 12:37am On Oct 23, 2020
Chimzy4real:
Please who can help with or knows affordable colleges in Canada where I can do something related to computer science and is approved for pgwp
Hi Chimzy,

1) Visit the link below for that

PG. Cert in Computer Science related programs
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/262#93202016

Also Google the following skools and their PG. Cert/Post Baccalaureate Diploma in Computer Science Programs

- PG. Cert, Full Stack Application Development
Nova Scotia Community College, Nova Scotia

- PG. Cert, IT Embedded Systems Programming
Nova Scotia Community College, Nova Scotia

- PG. Cert , Information Systems Security – Computers and Networking
Durham College, Oshawa, ON

PG. Cert, Mobile Solutions Development
Conestoga College, Kitchener, ON

PG.Cert, Mobile Applications Development
Centennial College, Toronto, ON

Post Baccalaureate Diploma, Web and Mobile App Design and Development
Langara College, Vancouver, BC

- PG. Cert. Mobile Application Development
Cambrian College, Sudbury, ON

- PG. Cert, Information Technology: Cybersecurity
NBCC (New Brunswick Community College), New Brunswick

- Post Baccalaureate Diploma, Computer and Information Systems
Douglas College, New Westminster, British Columbia

- PG. Cert, Information Technology: Data Analytics
New Brunswick Community College, New Brunswick

- PG. Cert, Computer Animation
Sheridan College, Oakville, ON

- PG. Cert Computer Application Security

- PG.Cert, Computer Applications Development

- PG. Cert, Wireless Information Networking
Fleming College, Peterborough, Ontario

PG. Cert, Wireless Network Infrastructure

PG. Cert, Wireless Networking
George Brown College, Toronto, ON

2) As regards Affordability, do check the Tuition for International Students of that program in the above schools, and choose the one that would likely be within ur budget.

Visit the link below on
How to check Schools (DLI) and know if they are eligible for PGWP
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/11#89109090

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 12:39am On Oct 23, 2020
BlegendE:
PPR DROPPED. How do i start ooooo...... grin grin grin grin grin grin

my journey started in 2019.

I graduated from Nnamdi Azikie University with 4.25cgpa Mechanical Engineering in 2014

I served in 2016(NYSC). I DON FIND JOB TIRE OOOOOOO.
At a point, i gave up. I stopped applying for jobs. I just focused on playing piano in my church, and also, my father's business.

I was accepted into the university of Saskatchewan for Msc, 2019.

Then i was accepted for 2019 september term.

I was dupped of 450,000 naira by my friend's agent. Very long story. Then, i found out in August 28th 2019. By Then, it was already late. so i deferred again to 2020 January. I applied again through another agent. My money was refunded after wasting one month of precious time. I applied again, late November myself. No help from anyone. i gathered all documents with small account statement. I was denied in January 2020.

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

At this point i almost gaveeeeeee up ooooo.

But i picked up the courage again. Then i gathered all required documents and then appled again in June.

SUBMITTED DOCUMENTS

ACCOUNT STATEMENT
LETTER OF EXPLANATION
Sworn Affidavit
Sponsorship letter from my dad registered company.
CAC DOCUMENTS
LETTER OF COMPANY DIRECTORS
LETTER OF SHAREHOLDERS with percentages
i have 10,000 shares in this company.
FATHER'S PASSPORT
MY FAMILY MEMBER'S PICTURES AND BIRTH CERTIFICATE.

MY LOE wAS OVER-ORGANIZED
3 PAGES LOE.

Don't ever loose hope. GOD has always been my strength. Don't listen to anyone that says otherwise.

it took me 2 years before i was accepted for my masters. GOD helped me. HOLY INFANT JESUS helped me.I don't want to sound too religious. I am not. But i got this admission after i asked INFANT JESUS for help. HE told me that i will be accepted 10 days after applying for acceptance by a professor. IT HAPPENED. FEEL FREE TO DOUBT OR BELIEVE.

Please don't loose hope.

GOD is GREAT. I have my reasons.

TAKE CARE
To God be the Glory , Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tee1583: 2:52am On Oct 23, 2020
Hi everyone, I am a newbie here, and I have been reading up on the thread. They have been quite insightful. Please I would appreciate if I can be guided in my decision making.

Here is my scenario

I studied chemical engineering with a 2.2 graduated in 2004, worked in an oil servicing coy as a process engineer for like 7years. After which I didnt do anything for like 3years. I started a beauty business in 2015, Salon/Spa.

I would love to do a postgraduate program in canada.

Now my real question is which pgd is advisable to go for with a high probabilityof admission and Study Visa?

In chemical engineering field or in business management? Betterstill any other program advise?

Also I would appreciate suggestions on which province has high visa approval and suggestions of colleges I can apply to.

I would appreciate your kind responses.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 2:53am On Oct 23, 2020
Omg, you’re a comedian grin Amen to your prayer
Ifelajulo:

See levels, you don pass the level of "study permit in Canada" to "living in Canada". Baba God take me higher let my PPR come. ��

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 2:57am On Oct 23, 2020
Hello,

You can stick to a business related course. As this is more recent. It could be said that you want to learn how to properly manage your business. Hope your salon/spa is registered with CAC? That would make it a lot better.

There’s no province with higher acceptance rate as far as I know. If you do your homework well and package your application well, you’ll get the visa.

@lekkiboe will tell you some courses. He’s our guru for that

Best wishes

Tee1583:
Hi everyone, I am a newbie here, and I have been reading up on the thread. They have been quite insightful. Please I would appreciate if I can be guided in my decision making.

Here is my scenario

I studied chemical engineering with a 2.2 graduated in 2004, worked in an oil servicing coy as a process engineer for like 7years. After which I didnt do anything for like 3years. I started a beauty business in 2015, Salon/Spa.

I would love to do a postgraduate program in canada.

Now my real question is which pgd is advisable to go for with a high probabilityof admission and Study Visa?

In chemical engineering field or in business management? Betterstill any other program advise?

Also I would appreciate suggestions on which province has high visa approval and suggestions of colleges I can apply to.

I would appreciate your kind responses.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 2:59am On Oct 23, 2020
Hello

The plain rule is that you should have your 1 year tuition fee + at least 10,000 cad for your 1 year living expense.

But they might expect you to show more money if you’re self sponsored.

For your baby you would need an additional 4,000 cad or 5,000 cad if the school is in Quebec.

It’s also not just about demonstrating the fund, you need to show the fund will continue to be available throughout your studies.

Best wishes
Queenmama03:
Guys Please I’m just thinking ahead so that I can start gathering money from now. Apart from school fees is 5m enough to show as proof of funds for upkeep if I intend to go with my 18month old baby. Duration of program should be 1 to 2 years.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 3:05am On Oct 23, 2020
Hello Glasses08

May I ask if you requested a gcms notes for this application? If you didn’t, please request one immediately. The gcms notes will show the visa officer’s exact concern. The reasons in the refusal letters are usually generic.

Travel history on its own is not a big issue. Were there any other reasons given to you? If yes, please let the house know.

If you tackle all other reasons, you can just write a short explanation that you’ve not had any need to travel out of the country, that’s why there was no travel history.

From experience, travel history as a reason for refusal rarely stands alone. They just add it to other reasons. So you should aim at seeing the other reasons and solving them too. Not just the travel history.

Best wishes
Glasses08:
Good day house,

I had made an application that was denied in 2018 and I want to reapply now. One of the reasons it was denied was travel history. I am trying to explain this in my LOE and would appreciate any information I could use as I don't really know what to put in that area.

Please note that I haven't travelled out of Nigeria except to Ghana in 2008 or thereabout. I finished undergraduate study in 2016, NYSC 2017.

Thank you [color
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tee1583: 3:06am On Oct 23, 2020
Thanks alot for a swift response. Yes it is registered, in 2016

I look forward to hearing from the gurus in the house pls. I am planning for fall next year. @lekkiboe
@frankrobn1 @qudkom

Chocs:
Hello,

You can stick to a business related course. As this is more recent. It could be said that you want to learn how to properly manage your business. Hope your salon/spa is registered with CAC? That would make it a lot better.

There’s no province with higher acceptance rate as far as I know. If you do your homework well and package your application well, you’ll get the visa.

@lekkiboe will tell you some courses. He’s our guru for that

Best wishes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by topacs: 8:15am On Oct 23, 2020
biyilove200:
Hello Gurus & all Nairalanders
Would appreciate your help.

I submitted a study permit application for a Bsc in International Marketing at University of Manitoba. I have a previous Bsc. In Insurance (Graduated with 2:1) and i'm currently a Marketing and Sales Executive.

I indicated in my SOP that i picked International marketing because i wanted to understand marketing from an international perspective ,and another B.sc because Masters is advanced and i needed to understand the vital topics.
I also stated that I'd be taking over my father's business (Real Estate) upon the completion of my studies.

However,I got a refusal letter on 24th Sep 2020 on the following ground;
'I am not satisfied you will leave Canada at the end of your stay based on the purpose of your visit'.
Ordered gcmnotes which indicates proposed studies not a reasonable expense and accorded less weight to employment ties to my country of residence. Please find gcmnotes attached below.

I intend to reapply as i now have a Post Graduate admission to study Strategic Marketing Communications in Conestoga College.

I need help on how to tackle;
1. Proposed study as a reasonable expense. ( Will the PGC admission tackle this reason?) How can i prove the sudden change?
2. Employment ties. (I am employed. Submitted personal SOA).

Thank you so much for your time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 8:22am On Oct 23, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Hi rebeccausoro,

Is your skool yet to be in the COVID-19 Readiness DLI list...

Its looking as if its applicants whose school are on the DLI COVID-19 readiness Plan that are getting update as regards their application (BVL then PPR)?

My school is on the list but I don't think that's how they're giving the approvals.

The wait is killing me o. How can I apply since May and I won't be among the first to be approved cry cry cry cry.

I can't even read well and focus because of the anxiety. I feel emotionally drained because of Canada, coupled with the unrest in Nigeria.

Truly, the journey to Canada is not for the faint hearted.

Has anyone else received BVL?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 8:29am On Oct 23, 2020
rebecausoro:

My school is on the list but I don't think that's how they're giving the approvals.

The wait is killing me o. How can I apply since May and I won't be among the first to be approved cry cry cry cry.

I can't even read well and focus because of the anxiety. I feel emotionally drained because of Canada, coupled with the unrest in Nigeria.

Most of those with approvals had their applications sent to China. I think some visa offices are yet to start issuing approvals. So far, it appears that China and UAE's visa offices have issued approvals en masse. There are also pockets of approvals from London, Poland and a few other visa offices. I doubt if the Nairobi office has started issuing approvals en masse. If your application was retained by that office then you have to be patient. If it was sent to another office, then when that office starts issuing approvals, you'll definitely get.

It's also possible that IRCC is trying to stagger the approvals by allowing only some offices to issue approvals at a time. Or maybe it's on a weekly basis. I'm only conjecturing. We can never tell. Let's see what next week brings. For those still awaiting their approvals, you have to be patient and move beyond the temporary delay. Don't allow IRCC to give you high blood pressure over nothing.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadeMan01(m): 8:32am On Oct 23, 2020
Faith243:
- I did not submit upfront medicals, i did my medicals after it was requested
- my biometrics status still reads you do not need biometrics, but i noticed at the bottom of my application it was received the same day i submitted my application June 23

Ok. Congratulations again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Phatkayconcept: 8:51am On Oct 23, 2020
biyilove200:

I submitted a study permit application for a Bsc in International Marketing at University of Manitoba. I have a previous Bsc. In Insurance (Graduated with 2:1) and i'm currently a Marketing and Sales Executive.

I indicated in my SOP that i picked International marketing because i wanted to understand marketing from an international perspective ,and another B.sc because Masters is advanced and i needed to understand the vital topics.
I also stated that I'd be taking over my father's business (Real Estate) upon the completion of my studies.

'I am not satisfied you will leave Canada at the end of your stay based on the purpose of your visit'.
Ordered gcmnotes which indicates proposed studies not a reasonable expense and accorded less weight to employment ties to my country of residence. Please find gcmnotes attached below.

I intend to reapply as i now have a Post Graduate admission to study Strategic Marketing Communications in Conestoga College.

1. Proposed study as a reasonable expense. ( Will the PGC admission tackle this reason?) How can i prove the sudden change?

You have a very strong educational profile, yet, you wanted to start all over again. Simple job for the VO.

Don't parabulate, with a 2.1 in insurance and work experience in sales and marketing. Simply find a master's degree program in related area and connect salient similarities to show career and educational progression.

Don't weaken your profile with wrong courses and program combination.

You already have a star profile, you shouldn't be denied a visa, based on purpose of visit.

Don't shy away from the stress and difficulty of getting master's admission.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 8:52am On Oct 23, 2020
adefunkeadelaku:
Please guru's, I graduated in the year 2009, studied environmental biology, I came out with 2.2, can I apply for masters or it has to be pgd, am looking at university of saskatchewan.

Pgd
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 8:52am On Oct 23, 2020
fratermathy:

Most of those with approvals had their applications sent to China. I think some visa offices are yet to start issuing approvals. So far, it appears that China and UAE's visa offices have issued approvals en masse. There are also pockets of approvals from London, Poland and a few other visa offices. I doubt if the Nairobi office has started issuing approvals en masse. If your application was retained by that office then you have to be patient. If it was sent to another office, then when that office starts issuing approvals, you'll definitely get.

It's also possible that IRCC is trying to stagger the approvals by allowing only some offices to issue approvals at a time. Or maybe it's on a weekly basis. I'm only conjecturing. We can never tell. Let's see what next week brings. For those still awaiting their approvals, you have to be patient and move beyond the temporary delay. Don't allow IRCC to give you high blood pressure over nothing.
I concur

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 8:57am On Oct 23, 2020
Hello biyilove

In my opinion, the course is okay. The level of the course might be the problem. 4 years, loads of money just to gain knowledge, when you already have a Bsc? If I were the visa officer, I won’t buy it. You should go for a masters since you have a 2.1, and in the worst case a PGD. That would make much sense. There is no problem with going with a new course and level. Go ahead. State how this course will benefit your career, why it makes sense to spend such a huge sum on the course and why you didn’t do the course in Nigeria because these courses are widely available here. You indicated you’ll take over your dad’s real estate business, will the course you’re going for equip you with the ability to take over? If no, please drop that line. Anything you want to put in your SOP, think about it and make sure it’s reasonable and logical.

Strategic marketing coms. Is it closely related to your work line? Sorry I’m not in the field so I don’t know. But looking at it from the outside it looks different to me. Make sure you’re picking the right course to avoid purpose of visit denial.

For employment ties, submit an employment proof, a letter of introduction, your pay slips of 3-4 months and a study leave letter. Since your work is in marketing, mention some things you have achieved during your job.

All the best
biyilove200:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 9:01am On Oct 23, 2020
Judicial review with this profile? Please save your time and money. Repackage your application and shoot again. The application can be much more better than this. There are red flags in it.

topacs:
The reason for this rejection doesn't hold water but I wouldnt conclude cos I dont know the documents u submitted, However,If u are very sure u packaged ur application very well and have the fund I would advice u seek Judical Review, or u reapply with improved finance and situations. But before then

1. Did u pay ur school fees.
2. Are u currently working if yes did u add ur pay stub, pension and reference letter from ur employer.
3. Taking over ur fathers business? Is/Are there any legal document to back that up.
4. Are u married and have landed properties.
5. What was ur total proof of finance inclusive tuition fees.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 9:02am On Oct 23, 2020
rebecausoro:

Oh really... Okay

That assumption is normal but CIC seems to av their way of doing things or things got modified cos of COVID-19 Pandemic.

Probably they jz decided to send some set of Applications to China for Processing (in a random manner)

Don't worry, keep calm, the good news is coming...don't deactivate ur anticipation mode wink

I concur with ur last statement

It will end in praises

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chukwubuikexo: 9:05am On Oct 23, 2020
Honorable, you should be going for a MSc.
Be more elaborate on you SOP, talk about what you have achieved as a sales exec, how important you intended course is to Nigeria and your long term goals.
Concerning your employment ties, you should also add you payment slips, professional training certificates (if any), study leave approval letter from your company as supporting documents
biyilove200:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by topacs: 9:05am On Oct 23, 2020
Read again I said ''IF'' he's sure he packaged his application very well.....
Chocs:
Judicial review with this profile? Please save your time and money. Repackage your application and shoot again. The application can be much more better than this. There are red flags in it.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 23, 2020
rebecausoro:

The wait is not easy, applied since March, am thinking of maybe raising a web form, classes are getting less interesting for me these days.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by oma22: 9:07am On Oct 23, 2020
rebecausoro:

Yours is May, I applied since March 8. I received my BVL in July and since then nothing. I agree with you that the wait is killing. But we just have to keep waiting, not like we have a choice at this point. Don’t worry it will come.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.