Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,956 members, 7,806,768 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (444) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1154137 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tenianu: 11:15pm On Oct 25, 2020
No fee is associated as per information received. Documents to send with passport is as stated in my post,see below

The[b] Biometric receipt received during biometrics and passport request letter should be included alongside the Original passport.[/b]

Hope the guys who visit tomorrow will shed more light....

Faith243:
Please is there any fee associated with this? Can you please send the list of documents we need to send with passport.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by KRTL: 11:48pm On Oct 25, 2020
Oh really.. can you explain further, any specific reason pls?
heidepaper:
You can study languages but you might not be eligible for post graduation work permit, which means you have to leave Canada after your studies
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by KRTL: 11:48pm On Oct 25, 2020
Thank you
Lekiboboe:

A first degree holder with a minimum of 2.1 in English can do a Masters in the following Programs :

- Journalism
- Linguistics
- Media Studies
- Literary studies
- Expressive Therapies
- Communication
- Composition
- Rhetorics
- Creative writing
- Philosophy
- Literature
- Fiction Writing
- Composition & Communication
- Library & Information Science etc.

Make use of Google to search for skools (DLI) in Canada having this MASTER's Programs, and its likely it will be Thesis-based, so u would need to secure a a Supervisor (Professor) that Majors in the above Programs & Research Areas.

To make it easier for u..

Visit the link below to
Search for UNDERGRADUATE, PGD, MASTERS, PH.D PROGRAMS IN CANADA
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=&program_level_merged=&program_language=ENGLISH

The guide in the link below will help u on Securing a Supervisor etc.

Guides/contents/videos on how to apply for M.SC, Secure a Supervisor & also get possible M.SC/PH.D Funded (Scholarship) Position in Canadian Universities
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933556
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MamaAaron: 6:07am On Oct 26, 2020
Good morning gurus,
Please I need guidance � on Canada school selection and the process.
I studied Economics Education (B.Ed) and I would like to do my master's in Education but I have never worked as a teacher after graduating.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 7:09am On Oct 26, 2020
Micholo5:
Bosses in the house...
what advice can you give a third class degree holder aspiring for graduate admission.

What did you study in your first degree?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 7:10am On Oct 26, 2020
MamaAaron:
Good morning gurus,
Please I need guidance � on Canada school selection and the process.
I studied Economics Education (B.Ed) and I would like to do my master's in Education but I have never worked as a teacher after graduating.
Thank you

What did you graduate with 2.1 or 2.2?
Do you have experience in the field ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 7:12am On Oct 26, 2020
Muhammed43:
course ;ECONOMICS
UNDERGRADUATE APPLICATION

How old are you pls?
Have you done a bsc an graduated? If no, when did you finish secondary school ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MamaAaron: 7:37am On Oct 26, 2020
Anon123:

What did you graduate with 2.1 or 2.2?
Do you have experience in the field ?
First class.
My experience is in admin.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jenykech: 7:43am On Oct 26, 2020
Jenykech:
Hi guys, I’ve gone through the thread a bit. I want to apply for a masters degree in data science and analytics in a Canadian university. So far I’ve contacted university of Saskatchewan, University of Calgary and Ryerson University and yet to receive a response. I just contacted them between yesterday and today about their requirements for international students. I have a both Bsc and Masters in economics but I want to channel my career towards data science. Please I’ll like to know how to go about the admission processes, affordable schools for such program and if I should include the masters degree in economics I have during my application. Thanks guys
please help a sister. I graduated with a Second class upper
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 8:05am On Oct 26, 2020
Hello house, I just left vfs Canada Abuja. They are receiving passports. Make sure you send a two way courier (they’ll bring to the embassy, then take back to you after it’s stamped)

Courier should be DHL or UPS
This info was given to me by the security inside the building.

She said i should include the letter asking me to submit my passport, the slip and receipt I got after giving my biometrics and 2 passport photographs.

I personally think the passport photograph is for PR, but I’ll include it. There’s no harm.

If you have any other questions, please send them an email as this is the only info I could get.

Best wishes everyone

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jdoe28015: 8:13am On Oct 26, 2020
What about payment for passport transmission ? Just like the fee the Accra office asked for.
heidepaper:
Hello house, I just left vfs Canada Abuja. They are receiving passports. Make sure you send a two way courier (they’ll bring to the embassy, then take back to you after it’s stamp)

She said i should include the letter asking me to submit my passport, the slip and receipt I got after giving my biometrics and 2 passport photographs.

I personally think the passport photograph is for PR, but I’ll include it. There’s no harm.

If you have any other questions, please send them an email as this is the only info I could get.

Best wishes everyone
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MOKENN: 8:15am On Oct 26, 2020
heidepaper:
Hello house, I just left vfs Canada Abuja. They are receiving passports. Make sure you send a two way courier (they’ll bring to the embassy, then take back to you after it’s stamp)

Best wishes everyone
thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 8:18am On Oct 26, 2020
She said no need.
jdoe28015:
What about payment for passport transmission ? Just like the fee the Accra office asked for.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jdoe28015: 8:19am On Oct 26, 2020
Okay. Thanks a lot.
heidepaper:
She said no need.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by BlegendE: 8:24am On Oct 26, 2020
Hmmmmm. I seriously doubt this oooo. There should be a payment. Just like Ghana. Nigeria will definitely collect money

jdoe28015:

Okay. Thanks a lot.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by BlegendE: 8:27am On Oct 26, 2020
I might be wrong sha. We just need to be careful

BlegendE:
Hmmmmm. I seriously doubt this oooo. There should be a payment. Just like Ghana. Nigeria will definitely collect money

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 8:43am On Oct 26, 2020
You’re welcome Mokenn
MOKENN:
thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dampops(m): 8:49am On Oct 26, 2020
For those of us expecting response from Nairobi after AIP and Medical Exam passed, it seems we have to wait a bit longer...

I got the attached response this morning (with respect to my daughter’s application)...

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 8:54am On Oct 26, 2020
Dampops:
For those of us expecting response from Nairobi after AIP and Medical Exam passed, it seems we have to wait a bit longer...

I got the attached response this morning (with respect to my daughter’s application)...

This is a generic message and doesn't mean anything. Don't fret because of this. We will certainly hear news of BVL and PPRs this week, and rest assured that the Nairobi office will definitely issue PPRs. They don't work as an independent unit.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 8:56am On Oct 26, 2020
Muhammed43:
good day sir i recently applied for university of regina and i sent all my necessary document .i want to ask how long does u of r use in recieving document., secondly sir im applying for an undergraduate program i finished high school since 2012, am i on a good track sir?,about the document i have,my mum has an haulage company with 10 trucks,im part of the directors of the company,7 landed property, both dad and mom ,but mum is the sponsor,my mums personal account about 10 million, companys account about 5m,because it goes out and come in.what are my chances sir/?

Admission process into the University of Regina for an undergraduate degree takes about 4 weeks.

You need to explain what you've been doing since you left high school in 2012. Your concerns have been addressed in my last post.
SEE THIS POST .

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jdoe28015: 8:56am On Oct 26, 2020
For passport submission, please check this link :

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/apply-visa

Under the ‘submit passport..’ section .

The security lady was right to say the transmission fee is not necessary but that is only applicable if the VAC was the one you used for your biometrics .
There are other details in the link that helps too and the VAC can arrange for it to be sent back to you via a courier service (you pay for this).

I hope this helps everyone .

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jdoe28015: 8:57am On Oct 26, 2020
For passport submission, please check the VFS global link for nigeria , under the apply for visa , then under the ‘submit passport..’ section .(sorry, I am unable to paste links, I am not sure why)

The security lady was right to say the transmission fee is not necessary but that is only applicable if the VAC was the one you used for your biometrics .
There are other details in the link that helps too and the VAC can arrange for it to be sent back to you via a courier service (you pay for this).

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:02am On Oct 26, 2020
This is a message they send to almost everyone who sends a mail or webform asking about their application
Dampops:

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 26, 2020
Please if you sent me an email, ask your question here. I can’t access my email.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by BlegendE: 9:13am On Oct 26, 2020
heidepaper:

Without consent, who will DHL sent it back to you? I think we need to give consent ooo. @Frank @Lekkieboe, please answer this question. To avoid error

For those signing the consent form?Do we have to

sign the consent for biometrics again? Since we’ve already given biometrics. I signed that I do not give consent. I hope this is ok?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by BlegendE: 9:17am On Oct 26, 2020
Hi. In my case, I did Biometrics in Lagos. So, I can submit free of charge to Lagos center without paying anything. But if I submit to any other center, I must pay the transmission charge.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DINO71: 9:21am On Oct 26, 2020
heidepaper:
Hello house, I just left vfs Canada Abuja. They are receiving passports. Make sure you send a two way courier (they’ll bring to the embassy, then take back to you after it’s stamped)

Best wishes everyone

Thanks alot!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DINO71: 9:28am On Oct 26, 2020
jdoe28015:
For passport submission, please check this link :

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/apply-visa

Under the ‘submit passport..’ section .

I think you are very right here, there must be charges for those that did not do biometrics there. Our best bet is to wait and hope that our emails will be responded to. For those that did biometrics in Abuja, im sure you can go ahead and submit. we all still have more than 20 days to the deadline
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DINO71: 9:30am On Oct 26, 2020
[quote author=BlegendE post=95348645][/quote]

I was advised by someone that has collected his some time back that you leave that place vacant! I hope that helps.
I did likewise as it is not applicable.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jdoe28015: 9:31am On Oct 26, 2020
Please where can i download the consent form.

My biometrics was completed in Lagos but Lagos VAC is still closed and I am now considering sending to Abuja and paying the necessary fees.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DINO71: 9:32am On Oct 26, 2020
jdoe28015:
Please where can i download the consent form.

My biometrics was completed in Lagos but Lagos VAC is still closed and I am now considering sending to Abuja and paying the necessary fees.

What are the necessary fees?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jdoe28015: 9:35am On Oct 26, 2020
Courier and package transmission

DINO71:

What are the necessary fees?

(1) (2) (3) ... (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.