Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,006 members, 7,806,923 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:04 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (479) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1154311 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 4:13pm On Nov 03, 2020
fratermathy:

I've said it before but to others and I will say it to you too: don't allow Canada to weigh you down. I understand how it must feel right now but you have to just be patient and persevere. Canada's visa process is meant to drain you because of the long wait you have to go through. This is one country that is not in a hurry to do anything. They take their time and they don't care how this affects applicants. The moment you apply for a Canadian visa, take it as a gamble for time, success, or rejection. You should also have a concrete plan B because like it or not, Canada is just one country where everything seems unpredictable.

Having said the above, I admonish you to relax and allow things work at their own time. Find things to do that will take your mind off the anxiety and worries. If your application has gone beyond the normal time, you should use the webform to make enquiries. If it is within the normal time, then be patient. People have waited for over 7 months for responses on this thread and they didn't die. Even in normal times, decisions can take as long as 4 months in some cases. You'll be fine.

Thanks, Fratermathy, I will continue to be patient and try to get along with my normal activities, I keep my hope on God almighty.. If Canada comes good, if it doesn't it's all good.. at the end of the day let God's will be done. I have all my siblings and my mother as Canadian citizens, it's only myself and my father that is in Nigeria, I have no ties whatsoever in Nigeria, (I am not married and I have no kids), I only have a job as an IT Systems Administrator at a fintech company and I am going for a diploma in electronics engineering at NAIT for winter 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olu98: 4:19pm On Nov 03, 2020
aliadi2:
Hello everyone am new here and i got admitted into Holland college . i am planning to apply for my study permit but my school said all our courses are online for fall semester . Please what are the checklist of document i need to apply because i am seeing police character and medical and i dont have that.

hi bro. pls how can i contact you? want to ask some question about the HC application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by amzzykeks(m): 4:21pm On Nov 03, 2020
Please if you applied to CONESTOGA and got BVL or PPR, please let us know. So we can take action.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ConradAce1(m): 4:27pm On Nov 03, 2020
olu98:
pls is anyone here that plan to or currently at holland college here? abeg i need help ooo

Hey. Hit me when you can.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tommm: 4:35pm On Nov 03, 2020
PPR finally came through!

Special thanks and shoutout to @frankrobbn1 for the help and support!

My timeline �
First application: paper application
applied - October 15,2019
biometrics - October 15,2019
rejected - November 29, 2019
reasons due to current employment status, finances,home ties.

Second time applicant
Applied online for my study permit on August 19,2020
Got my medical request on September 4, 2020 (no upfront medical)
Medical Passed on September 17,2020
Received my AIP on September 10,2020
BVL came in yesterday after a long wait - November 2,2020 (came in from china)
PPR came in today November 3,2020.

Masters at Concordia University, Montreal for Fall 2020.
Already started my classes online.
i appreciate every single one on this platform, every bit of information from all the gurus and contributors on here was important to me.
I wish everybody success in their current and future application!
It will all end in praises! �

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olu98: 4:40pm On Nov 03, 2020
ConradAce1:

Hey. Hit me when you can.
pls, how can I contact you off the forum?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by amnwa(m): 4:41pm On Nov 03, 2020
Please guys. Have a white friend in Canada who has been pressuring me to come. Please how best can she help me to do that. She's a student though. I am done with my bsc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 4:46pm On Nov 03, 2020
amzzykeks:
Please if you applied to CONESTOGA and got BVL or PPR, please let us know. So we can take action.
Omo!
Me fellow Conestogans about to strike cool

Let's wait a little

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 4:52pm On Nov 03, 2020
UPDATE

The DLI list has been updated, kindly check if yours is included.
No CONESTOGA

Inform others

Its our month of PRAISE

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 4:59pm On Nov 03, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Hon. Anon ,

the COVID-19 readiness plan list has nothing to do with updates sent to applicants from IRCC, my school is yet to be on the list and I got BVL,
if the application of those few guys (for Conestoga College) av exceeded Standard Processing Time, they should send a Webform & Mail to IRCC Nairobi and other offices like China.

The content in the link below would help them on that,
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/473#95627040

If their application is still within the Standard Processing Time, they should still be patient.
Kindly confirm if your school is on the readiness list
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 5:03pm On Nov 03, 2020
Ifelajulo:
Lekkiboboe, Congratulations am so happy for you and thanks for your advice the other time. Seems like am the one receiving the BVL. Please can I get your email address? I need your help.
Thanks Ifelajulo,

You can send me a PM
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ConradAce1(m): 5:04pm On Nov 03, 2020
olu98:

pls, how can I contact you off the forum?

Go to my profile and you would see the possibility of sending message to me and that would be it. It's a standard message.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 5:05pm On Nov 03, 2020
NairaLuck:

Kindly confirm if your school is on the readiness list
Wow!!!

Yes my skool is now on the list grin grin shocked shocked smiley

Thanks for the UPDATE Hon. Nairaluck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 5:07pm On Nov 03, 2020
PanicButton:

Big congrats to you bro. I am really happy for you. All the best.
Tanx xo much Bros smiley

Amen !!!!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MzMisty: 5:09pm On Nov 03, 2020
Hi everyone,

Please how do you know when eligibility checks have started on your application?
Are people usually sent an email? Or message on profile.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 5:11pm On Nov 03, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Wow!!!

lekiboboe with co-op cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by BlegendE: 5:16pm On Nov 03, 2020
HI. SAINT MARY'S UNIVERSITY CANADA. Is it a good school? $40 application fee
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 5:17pm On Nov 03, 2020
Hello Damelee,

Fanshawe still didnt make the list even after their confirmation that they have been approved. Long Sigh

Dameelee:
Big big congratulations to you boss..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 5:22pm On Nov 03, 2020
Tonyodg2:
lekiboboe with co-op cheesy

Hahahahaha cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olu98: 5:23pm On Nov 03, 2020
ConradAce1:

Go to my profile and you would see the possibility of sending message to me and that would be it. It's a standard message.

just did that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by BlegendE: 5:26pm On Nov 03, 2020
abeg help. Is nova scotia a nice location?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 5:29pm On Nov 03, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Wow!!!

Nice one, that means BVL and PPR is connected to Covid 19 Readiness List.
So by November 17th another list will be out.

It is still our month of PRAISE
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 5:35pm On Nov 03, 2020
I’m honestly tired!! I also got the mail and I just checked and saw that they are not on the list still. This is just so annoying.
Eilenora:
Hello Damelee,

Fanshawe still didnt make the list even after their confirmation that they have been approved. Long Sigh

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 5:38pm On Nov 03, 2020
adeenzo:
you guys please help me, I am losing my mind, I can't focus at work... does it take this long before Canada sends a medical request, I applied since the 7th of September, and till now no single contact, I have been following this thread and most people get their medical requests 30-32 days after application...
My school just informed me that I have to be in Canada between 1-15 of December to do my 14 days quarantine, and here I am still in Nigeria, and to make matters worse you cant defer admission.
This is really depressing, I really need an upliftment.

Hello Adeenzo,

Have you received AIP?! I can see you applied before Sept 15. You should try to focus, as you're still within the PT. If you have gotten AIP, you many want to go do an upfront medical and maybe request for your GCMS notes. You may likely get a response before Dec.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 5:40pm On Nov 03, 2020
Dameelee:
I’m honestly tired!! I also got the mail and I just checked and saw that they are not on the list still. This is just so annoying.
I just hope by 15-17 November, most of us will start receiving BVL and PPR as our DLIs make the readiness list.

It's still our Month of PRAISE
The month is still fresh and enough time for so many good news that will spur us to sing PRAISES
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JohnErrin: 5:41pm On Nov 03, 2020
Hey guys, is ti possible to send more documents after the submission of your visa, i just received the receipt from my college stating the amount i paid, and i want to add that, to maybe help in my case
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chikaima18: 5:53pm On Nov 03, 2020
Hi, congrats on your PPR. So exciting to read from you. Just going through the list of documents you submitted got me worried.

The biometric confirmation slip is it the one you were given when you first dropped your biometric? I did my biometric almost 4 years ago, I don't have the initial slip. Is there any other document that one can submit in place of the slip?

Please advise. Thanks

rebecausoro:

Two copies of signed consent forms
Two copies of passport
Passport itself
Passport request letter
Biometric confirmation slips

Ensure that your passport is insured by the courier company. I paid extra N2,500 for that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 5:54pm On Nov 03, 2020
sleekcheek:
Congrats to everyone recovering PPR, I hope to testify here in the coming weeks. Please is it compulsory for one to attach WAEC cert and NYSC cert as supporting documents for visa application for a graduate program?

Hello Sleekcheek,

Situation varies. For undergraduate study and depending on the situation, the WAEC certificate is relevant. NYSC may also be relevant to explain gap(s) as a fresh-graduate visa applicant.

Sorry, I have to talk about the aforesaid as I think it may help someone. In your case, the WAEC isn't necessary neither is your NYSC. No harm including them also.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 5:58pm On Nov 03, 2020
adeenzo:

Amen amen and amen... thanks for this... I was honestly feeling down and losing concentration at work..
I claim it, this month is our month of celebration and good news

If dem give you chance nah wheelbarrow you go take dey carry bible go church till dem give you visa grin

Bros! Calm down.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Faithyyyyy: 6:07pm On Nov 03, 2020
hello house,

special thanks to uncle frank and everyone here who has been encouraging on this journey.

received bvl yesterday after sending web form on friday
ppr today
aip was september 18th.

got my gcms notes and discovered how thorough IRCC guys are. they checked my profile thoroughly. i am glad i didn’t have issues with having an EE profile. please note that every single web form you raise is added to your profile. keep everything honest, respectful and straightforward.

i am amongst those who kept saying aip would mean final approval when others were in doubt. i cannot help but be positive all the time. my classes are going on full swing and i may be amongst those to finish two semesters from the comfort of my home before traveling to round up my semester if need be. i have been very favored in my school and with my professors. countless doors have opened alongside my studies that being physically on campus may have limited. All things work together for good.

congratulations to all of us. we pray for favour for those expecting their own to come.

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chikaima18: 6:15pm On Nov 03, 2020
Hello house. This platform is so rich with plenty people willing to help. God bless us all.

Reapplied August 4, aip August 12.
Medical passed August 12 too
Received bvl yesterday and PPR today.
3rd study visa application.

I submitted the same documents as my previous application and then did an extensive LOE directing the VO to the different documents that they missed. Backed up with prayer.

Thanks to all the bosses @frankroben, @justmellow.

@lekiboboe was so excited seeing that you got BVL already. May it end in praise.

Please for the biometric slip, I don't have the slip from the first time I submitted. Can I submit the BVL in its place or what other document can I submit.

Thanks and may the good news continue to flow

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 6:20pm On Nov 03, 2020
Akannitommy:
Background
I have a fully funded PhD offer from Concordia University, Montreal; a family man with a wife and 3 kids - one is a US citizen. I am a mature student at 41. I have a Bsc (2005) and 2 Msc degrees; one each from Nigeria (2007) and the USA (2012). I work as a research/data management consultant and applied alone for my student permit using family as main home ties. I hope to add my family via SOWP afterwards. I received a total of CAD $101,656 guaranteed funding from 3 internal sources - a tuition waiver, a scholarship, and a fellowship. There is a $6,700/year that I am eligible for but need to apply for it upon arrival if I want to.

Hello Akannitommy,

You knew what you were doing. The brief about your application is apt. Congratulations and good luck on your rest journey to Maple land.

All the best

(1) (2) (3) ... (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.