Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,388 members, 7,781,116 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:14 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (484) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1135076 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 10:48am On Nov 04, 2020
Based on the good news we've all been receiving, it is safe to assume that everyone with an AIP got approved. It is only a matter of time before those who are yet to get theirs would. Patience is key here. I doubt if it would extend beyond this month. It appears like IRCC ignored new applications (from October) in order to finalize stale applications. They'll definitely finish the backlog soon and move on to new applications.

Iceman2020:
Any update from your side? My application status has changed to submitted again. Chai!!! This people can kill person o grin

My people have left me ooo.

Fingers crossed shocked

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 10:50am On Nov 04, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Ok roger that,

I would go to their office.

Like how much can one budget in terms of enough cash? cos I won't be paying transmission fee due to the fact that my passport & other documents will be going to the VAC office I did my BIOMETRICS

The amount depends on your location but go there with cash of between N6,000-N8,0000.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:52am On Nov 04, 2020
Hello Everyone and congrats to all approvals..
I have been reading and I have a question.
Can anyone recommend a course for an English graduate that will can get one a job after study in Canada?.i don’t mind diversifying too.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 10:53am On Nov 04, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Ok roger that,

Like how much can one budget in terms of enough cash? cos I won't be paying transmission fee due to the fact that my passport & other documents will be going to the VAC office I did my BIOMETRICS

And make sure to use DHL. I am not advertising them sha but I sent my passport yesterday from Uyo and it was delivered this morning.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 10:55am On Nov 04, 2020
Jesusgirlgirl:
Hello Everyone and congrats to all approvals..
I have been reading and I have a question.
Can anyone recommend a course for an English graduate that will can get one a job after study in Canada?.i don’t mind diversifying too.
Thank you

If you made a 2:1, apply to the Masters programme of the Department of Folklore, MUN.

If you made a 2:2, apply to PGD programmes in Journalism, Creative Writing, Publishing, Public Relations, Human Resources, etc.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 10:56am On Nov 04, 2020
rebecausoro:

The amount depends on your location but go there with cash of between N6,000-N8,0000.
Am in Lagos

Ok ma'am Roger that
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 10:57am On Nov 04, 2020
rebecausoro:

And make sure to use DHL. I am not advertising them sha but I sent my passport yesterday from Uyo and it was delivered this morning.
Sure, DHL all the way, they seem to have been in existence for ages and that has accounted to their reliability

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lanrelala: 11:08am On Nov 04, 2020
Within Lagos, 1300 to 2000.

I sent mine 1350.

Lekiboboe:

Ok roger that,

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 11:10am On Nov 04, 2020
Hello house, I got a question

If an Applicant who got VISA & has deferred to Fall 2021, can the applicant be able to travel like 2-3 months before Resumption (Sept 2021)?

If yes, are there possible questions one can be asked at the Port of Entry (CBSA)

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 11:12am On Nov 04, 2020
joyenaholo11:
Congratulations Lekiboboe, I’m so happy for you bro.
Please I want to ask, can someone help me submit my passport, to the DHL office? Also, please how to I get the consent form to include in the list of things I’m submitting?

I don't know about that

See link below for Consent Form , download it (PDF , 68KB)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/475#95633153

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Debbyiiii: 11:14am On Nov 04, 2020
Please anyone going to university of Manitoba undergraduate winter 2021 from Nigeria that has applied for visa,

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 11:14am On Nov 04, 2020
Lanrelala:
Within Lagos, 1300 to 2000.

I sent mine 1350.

Ok thanks Hon. Lanre,

Can you briefly list the documents you submitted to the DHL office in Lagos
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tenianu: 11:15am On Nov 04, 2020
Best to travel 3/4 weeks to school resumption That is the expectation.

Students get away with months before but i will advise against it at this time,with the trend of turnback at POE due to Covid and purpose of travel.

Lekiboboe:
Hello house, I got a question

If an Applicant who got VISA & has deferred to Fall 2021, can the applicant be able to travel like 2-3 months before Resumption (Sept 2021)?

If yes, are there possible questions one can be asked at the Port of Entry (CBSA)

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Debbyiiii: 11:16am On Nov 04, 2020
Please what does it mean if
Biometrics say completed
Background check say we are processing your background check
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 11:16am On Nov 04, 2020
adeenzo:

Thanks, my DLI (NAIT- Northern Alberta Institute of Technology) has been on the list since the first covid readiness list came out
You should order for GCMS note to plan your next move while waiting

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 11:17am On Nov 04, 2020
Lekiboboe:
My Application History

FIRST TIME APPLICANT

Application Type : Online
VAC: Lagos, Nigeria

Program:
PG. Cert in Environmental Monitoring & Impact Assessment (EMPD)

DLI (School):
CAMBRIAN COLLEGE OF ARTS & TECHNOLOGY COLLEGE, SUDBURY, ONTARIO (Popularly known as CAMBRIAN COLLEGE)

Paid FULL TUITION & on the verge of deferring from Fall 2020 to Fall 2021 due to the fact that the program is only available for FALL INTAKE[ and its a Non-Virtual Program/i]

CAREER/ACADEMIC PROGRESSION
Program & Course modules of this PG. Cert program resonate with my first Degree (Bachelor's Degree in Atmospheric Science -" Meteorology"wink

APPLICATION TIMELINE
[i]Applied
: June 10th, 2020
Biometrics Request: June 11th, 2020
Got AIP (Approval-In-Principle) - August 6th, 2020
Upfront Medical -AUGUST 12th, 2020
Biometrics done - AUGUST 26th, 2020
Medical Updated to Passed - AUGUST 26th, 2020 (My Medicals got updated to Passed 3-hours after I did my BIOMETRICS)
BVL : NOVEMBER 3rd, 2020

Passport Request (PPR): NOVEMBER 4th, 2020 !!!!!!!!!!!!

APPLICATION PROCESSING DURATION BY IRCC - 20 weeks & 7 days

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED
- The 3 IMM Forms
- Letter of Acceptance (LOA)
- Evidence of Work Requirements in Study (Co-op Work permit information) letter from school
- Digital Passport Photograph

CLIENT INFORMATION,
I made a TABLE of Content (in Bullets) for my CLIENT INFORMATION using MS word , converted it to PDF, then merged the documents (in PDF) according to how it is listed in the table of Content into One PDF File

CLIENT INFORMATION (Merged Documents)

Education
- Academic Transcript
- Certificate of Highest Degree (University)
- WAEC Result (Online Print out & High School Copy)
- Letter of Confirmation of English Language Proficiency (from the SCH. I graduated from)

Employment
- NYSC Posting Letter
- Call-Up Letter
- NYSC ID Card
- NYSC Discharge Certificate
- Recommendation letter from my PPA (Place of Primary Assignment)
- Pictures of me at my PPA

Leadership Certificates
- CDS Exco (NYSC)
- Corpers' fellowship (Daddoo)

Family Ties - Hometies
- 2 Landed Properties
- Survey plans of the properties
- Deed of Conveyance
- Miscellaneous land Receipts & Stamp duties
- Memorandum of Land Sales
- Old Picture of Me, Dad, & Jnr. Sis (on my 10th year birthday)
- Sister's Birth Certificate
- Convocation Picture with Dad & Mum

Others
- SOP (5 pages)
- Birth Certificate
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Certificate of Origin
- Resume
- CV
- Picture of me and other Executives of my CDS (NYSC)
- Convocation Picture

PROOF OF MEANS OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT
I made a TABLE of Content (in bullets) for PROOF OF MEANS OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT aswell using MS word , converted it to PDF, then merged the documents (in PDF) according to how it is listed in the table of Content

PROOF OF MEANS OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT
(Merged Documents)

Sponsor Documents (DAD)
- Sponsorship Letter
- Sworn Affidavit of Support
- Tuition fee Payment Receipt from School
- Telex Receipt (Tuition Payment Receipt from Bank) to the SCH.
- Sponsor's 6 months Bank Statement of Account (13 million Balance left in my sponsors account after tuition was paid)
- Bank Reference Letter (Addressed to the High Commission of Canada)
- Sponsor's International Passport Data pages & stamped visa pages showing travel Histories
- CAC Certificate of Business Incorporation & other attached documents
- Sponsor's Letter of Appointment
- Sponsor's Last Letter of Promotion
- Sponsors Letter of Retirement
- ID Card (while in Active service)
- Last Pay Slip
- My Wife's Staff ID Card (My Mum)
- Picture of Me (Dad) and my Son (Me) in 2019

First of all, I want to appreciate the Almighty God for his Presence all through my application process, that statement It Will End in Praises kept me going

I also want to use this medium to appreciate Great & Honorable Members of this forum for your self-less contributions, based on experience result-oriented inputs, guides & suggestions. It was really helpful.

Big Shout out to,
Frankrobbn1 (the Agba-Awo himself),
JustMellow ( Permit me to call you an English Professor, cos I actually learnt some English Terminologies from your Posts)
Qudkom (Tuale Oganla)
Austacus & Mcobex (God bless you for those Gingers)
Senator Tonyodg2 (I double sight you)
Chocs (ma'am you are amazing)
Anon123 (oya Gbefun Baba Agbalagba)
Sister rebecausoro (Ibibio to the World - Shine on ma'am),
Nairaluck & Pee2jay9 (Allah ya albarkace ka)

... God bless you all........

One thing this Study Visa Journey has taught me is PATIENCE

My little advice for TRV hopefuls & Future Applicants

1) I will encourage every applicant to fulfil all righteousness when crafting their Canada study application

Remember "No Two Application is the Same" (there are many factors attached to this statement such as - different academic backgrounds, work experience, Marital Status, the Visa Officers reviewing your application & lots more)

2) Avoid any form of assumption that a Visa Officer won't need this or that, do your due diligence.

3) Show Career/Academic/Logical Progression most especially your Degree/Work Experience should be resonating with the Program you are going for

also,

Show Progression in the qualification of Program you are going for e.g
- B.SC grad (2.1) going for a Masters
- B.SC grad (2.2) & HND grad going for a PGD/PG. Cert/ Post Baccalaureate Diploma

If you have a 2.1 and you want to go for a PG. Cert, endeavor to show cogent reasons in a convincing manner in your SOP why you are going for a PG. Cert instead of a Masters Degree

4)- Assume yourself as a VISA OFFICER, assess your documents, read ur SOP to urself and point out your errors.
- Also regarding ur SOP, avoid any form of Plagiarism to the bearest minimum.
- Show Originality when writing your SOP,
- Be 100% Patriotic - don't say unpleasant things about Nigeria on your SOP, how you can upgrade your career and also help in the improvement of the Nigerian Economy after studying in Canada is very Paramount, talk about it in your SOP.
- Avoid Grammatical Errors in your SOP
- Subheadings Will make your SOP readable, don't write your SOP in Composition/Essay Manner
- Any thing you mention in your SOP, make sure you have a document that confirms it.

5) Read Success Stories of Applicants that have gotten Approval in the Past, most especially from 2018 till date, you might just see an applicant with your exact kind of profile that got approval which u can learn one ot two things from.

6) Also, if you are on the verge of starting or submitting your application, endeavor to ask questions in the forum on things u are not clear of. There are many things you gonna learn here that an agent don't know about or won't even tell you.

If you are an Applicant going for Masters/PH.D, this thread is a training ground for you to learn how to do research before the real research, so don't feel bad if someone tell you to start reading from Page 1, u gonna gain a lot.

7) Take your time and read this Thread Explicitly.
I never had an iota of experience on Canada Study Visa application. Reading this thread in my leisure period for a year helped me tremendously and this made my application strictly DIY (do-it-yourself)

cool Finally,
after Submitting your application, Talk to God to take Control/Charge of your Study Visa Processing, cos in every situation (good or bad) God will still be God.

As we all know the motto of this forum
"it will end in Praises (in frankrobbn's Voice)"

I'm wishing all applicants awaiting a decision from IRCC a FAVORABLE ONE

Remain Blessed Honorable Sir's & Ma's!!!!
Amen. Thanks bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Debbyiiii: 11:17am On Nov 04, 2020
Biometrics say completed
Please urgent answers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Debbyiiii: 11:18am On Nov 04, 2020
Debbyiiii:
Biometrics say completed
Please answers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chrisomila: 11:21am On Nov 04, 2020
Good day my people please with HND Mechanical Engineering upper credit which program should I go for in Canada, PGD, PGCert?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 11:21am On Nov 04, 2020
Thank you
rebecausoro:

If you made a 2:1, apply to the Masters programme of the Department of Folklore, MUN.

If you made a 2:2, apply to PGD programmes in Journalism, Creative Writing, Publishing, Public Relations, Human Resources, etc.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Debbyiiii: 11:27am On Nov 04, 2020
Debbyiiii:
Biometrics say completed
Please urgent answers
Please guess it is urgent
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 11:27am On Nov 04, 2020
Debbyiiii:
Biometrics say completed
Biometrics completed
It just shows that your biometrics has been updated successfully.

Background check is done by processing applications where your education and experience credentials are from - this task verifies your claims and authenticity of documents.

Security check is done by Canadian intelligence and security agencies, with or without cooperation of proper authorities in countries you lived/stayed in, and it is done completely independently from IRCC - IRCC only gets result, which will be positive or negative, without any explanation (as it is classified). This task looks deep into your life(LinkedIn Facebook), activities and associations to find out if you are/were involved or are/were associated in any way with anyone who is/was involved in espionage, terrorism, organized crime, radical movements, crimes against humanity, war crimes, etc..

Criminal check looks into your police certificates and verifies with relevant countries to see if you have a criminal record that may make you inadmissible to Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by oluwamichaelee: 11:37am On Nov 04, 2020
Pls your candid advice is needed
oluwamichaelee:
Good morning gurus in the house, I have read a good number of pages, I respect the assistance been offered.
You guys are the Real MVPs.

Please i have some concerns, Just want to start preparing for my 2021 admission and visa application.

I graduated with 3.85/5 in Mechanical Engineering in 2016, and i am currently working with a FMCG company.

Looking to apply for Masters in either Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, I have seen that history in courses affects visa approval.

I need some inputs and guidance to decide but I'm looking at schools in Manitoba province.

I am seeing issues of funding too, and I am really scared seeing that people have 10, 15 million and still get denied. I don't have anything o, i support my family with most of my money, i depend on getting scholarships, i am fully persuaded i will get multiple ones, but do i still need to some money in my accounts to get the study permit.

And also contacting supervisors before admission is giving is another concern to me because I'm a newbie this admission.

Please gurus, help your boy moti sòrò sòkè oooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 11:40am On Nov 04, 2020
Iceman2020:
Any update from your side? My application status has changed to submitted again. Chai!!! This people can kill person o grin

My people have left me ooo.

Fingers crossed shocked

Your application is presently being worked upon by an immigration officer. Never to worry, you will receive an update in no distant time. Congratulations in advance.

It will end in praise

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Debbyiiii: 11:43am On Nov 04, 2020
adeenzo:

Biometrics completed
It just shows that your biometrics has been updated successfully.

Background check is done by processing applications where your education and experience credentials are from - this task verifies your claims and authenticity of documents.

Security check is done by Canadian intelligence and security agencies, with or without cooperation of proper authorities in countries you lived/stayed in, and it is done completely independently from IRCC - IRCC only gets result, which will be positive or negative, without any explanation (as it is classified). This task looks deep into your life(LinkedIn Facebook), activities and associations to find out if you are/were involved or are/were associated in any way with anyone who is/was involved in espionage, terrorism, organized crime, radical movements, crimes against humanity, war crimes, etc..

Criminal check looks into your police certificates and verifies with relevant countries to see if you have a criminal record that may make you inadmissible to Canada.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 11:43am On Nov 04, 2020
Chrisomila:
Good day my people please with HND Mechanical Engineering upper credit which program should I go for in Canada, PGD, PGCert?
Google search the following PG. Cert Programs below

Mechatronics
Fleming College, Ontario

Practical Elements of Mechanical Engineering
Fanshawe College of Applied Arts and Technology, London, ON

Applied Mechanical Design
Fanshawe College of Applied Arts and Technology, London, ON

Applied Aerospace Manufacturing
Fanshawe College, Ontario

Conestoga College, Ontario
PG. Cert, Applied Manufacturing Management - Mechatronics

PG. Cert, Applied Manufacturing Management - Welding Option

PG. Cert, Applied Manufacturing Management - Machining Option
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 11:45am On Nov 04, 2020
Nastan:

@Frankrobbn1

I sent you a email for about 3days now, please find to check it out. Thanks

I'm inundated with enquires lately. However be rest assured that I'll attend to your request shortly....

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by silvamania: 11:47am On Nov 04, 2020
olasubomy:

You are not alone bro, i applied same day with you and having the same status. Fingers crossed. It will end in praise.

Hello ,
You are not alone bro . I have done my biometrics too
I applied same day with you .eligibility review has not even started yet but am doing my upfront medical today .

All the best to us all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by silvamania: 11:49am On Nov 04, 2020
kelvine95:
Hi all, good morning.

Please if you applied for study permit between first week of October and now, lets connect and keep ourselves informed. I applied on the 4th of oct and did biometrics on the 19th which was uploaded same day, but my eligibility review has not started. I am really bothered about this and just want to know if I am alone in this or it is just the normal timeline being followed...

Same here ooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 11:54am On Nov 04, 2020
Akannitommy:
Background
I have a fully funded PhD offer from Concordia University, Montreal; a family man with a wife and 3 kids - one is a US citizen. I am a mature student at 41. I have a Bsc (2005) and 2 Msc degrees; one each from Nigeria (2007) and the USA (2012). I work as a research/data management consultant and applied alone for my student permit using family as main home ties. I hope to add my family via SOWP afterwards. I received a total of CAD $101,656 guaranteed funding from 3 internal sources - a tuition waiver, a scholarship, and a fellowship. There is a $6,700/year that I am eligible for but need to apply for it upon arrival if I want to.

Timeline
Emailed potential supervisor with research proposal - 21st November 2019
Received a favorable response and requested for Skype call - 22nd November 2019
Had a Skype call with supervisor and got a nod to submit application - 27th November 2019
Submitted admission application - 3rd January 2020
Admission - initial offer (Fall '20) - 17th February 2020
Requested deferral for work reasons - 22nd February 2020
Deferral approved - 25th February 2020
Received revised offer for Winter 2021 - 9th March, 2020
CAQ application submitted - 11th March 2020
CAQ approval letter - 26th May 2020
Upfront medical exams - 17th August 2020
Medical report submitted by IOM - 21st August 2020
Submitted SP application with upfront e-medicals - 22nd August 2020
Biometric request letter - 24th August 2020
Biometric completed and approved - 3rd September 2020
Medical request letter - 3rd September 2020
Raised Nairobi webform attaching just the IOM e-medical slip - 3rd September 2020
Received notification of additional funding from Dept/DLI - 3rd September 2020
Raised Nairobi webform attaching more funding notification - 4th September 2020
Sent email to Nairobi email re-attaching just the e-medical slip for update - 22nd September 2020
Resent email to Nairobi email re-attaching copy of both the e-medical slip and medical request letter - 28th September 2020 per wise advice on Nairaland and Frank's suggestion to persist.
Medical passed and updated on application page - 29th September 2020
Received email reply to my initial web form of 22nd September - 2nd October
Received BVL - 2nd November 2020
Received PPR - 3rd November 2020
Couriered passport via DHL - 3rd November 2020

Documents Submitted
Completed Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made from Outside Canada (IMM5257)
Completed Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1294)
Completed Family Information (IMM5645)
LOA and letter of Coop requirement as part of course program
All academic certificates and transcripts, NYSC certificate, and professional licenses and 1-page abridged CV showing selected publications.
My birth certificate and those of my family members including their passports and expired visas showing travel history
Islamic marriage certificate
Two vehicle registration certificates and land survey for 1/2 plot in Ogun State co-owned with my wife
5-page statement of purpose in following sections:
1. educational backgrounds and preparations
2. my research interest and experience
3. why Concordia and Montreal in Canada?
4. expected contribution of my research to the advancement of knowledge
5. my home ties, provisions to support my family and my travel history
6. my post study plans, my responsibilities as an international student in Canada
7. academic and professional qualifications, employment history and documentation of work experience
8. financial status and list of some other documents submitted including thus;
Personal bank account statement (Naira)
Personal bank account statement (USD)
Central Securities Clearing System statement - list of stocks
CAC for 3 companies and particular of directors showing I have stakes in all three firms.
Rejection slip for a French visit visa in March 2019

Conclusion
I am grateful for the divine grace of this success and the benefits of experience that I enjoyed by being on this platform. All thanks and adoration always reserved for the Almighty God. Again, Mr Frank and my bother Frat have both been valuable to this success story. They made themselves available every time. I have met Frat, we talk almost daily and we have become brothers. We will be going to the same city by God's grace. I have not met Mr Frank but I have exchanged almost 40 emails with him. He is selfless and always ready to help. I pray you both will get divine support in all your endeavor. NB: My application was not flawless but it was perfected by a higher being who made sure the shortcomings remain unseen but illuminated the strengths. Alhamdulilah

Congratulations to you boss on your approval and massive funding shocked from the DLI in Canada. I have long expected your approval and I'm happy it finally ended in your favour. Thanks for the best wishes and prayers Amen!. I appreciate you leaving your feedback and sharing your experience on this platform. It's very rewarding to be part of your success story.... Please feel free to reach out to me at any point for guidance regarding your family's SOWP. I'm always available to provide my assistance. I wish you the very best in your pursuit for academic excellence.

As always,it will end in praise.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 12:03pm On Nov 04, 2020
Lekiboboe:
My Application History

FIRST TIME APPLICANT

Application Type : Online
VAC: Lagos, Nigeria

Program:
PG. Cert in Environmental Monitoring & Impact Assessment (EMPD)

DLI (School):
CAMBRIAN COLLEGE OF ARTS & TECHNOLOGY COLLEGE, SUDBURY, ONTARIO (Popularly known as CAMBRIAN COLLEGE)

[
First of all, I want to appreciate the Almighty God for his Presence all through my application process, that statement It Will End in Praises kept me going

I also want to use this medium to appreciate Great & Honorable Members of this forum for your self-less contributions, based on experience result-oriented inputs, guides & suggestions. It was really helpful.

Big Shout out to,
Frankrobbn1 (the Agba-Awo himself),
JustMellow ( Permit me to call you an English Professor, cos I actually learnt some English Terminologies from your Posts)
Qudkom (Tuale Oganla)
Austacus & Mcobex (God bless you for those Gingers)
Senator Tonyodg2 (I double sight you)
Chocs (ma'am you are amazing)
Anon123 (oya Gbefun Baba Agbalagba)
Sister rebecausoro (Ibibio to the World - Shine on ma'am),
Nairaluck & Pee2jay9 (Allah ya albarkace ka)

... God bless you all........

One thing this Study Visa Journey has taught me is PATIENCE

My little advice for TRV hopefuls & Future Applicants

1) I will encourage every applicant to fulfil all righteousness when crafting their Canada study application

Remember "No Two Application is the Same" (there are many factors attached to this statement such as - different academic backgrounds, work experience, Marital Status, the Visa Officers reviewing your application & lots more)

2) Avoid any form of assumption that a Visa Officer won't need this or that, do your due diligence.

3) Show Career/Academic/Logical Progression most especially your Degree/Work Experience should be resonating with the Program you are going for

also,

Show Progression in the qualification of Program you are going for e.g
- B.SC grad (2.1) going for a Masters
- B.SC grad (2.2) & HND grad going for a PGD/PG. Cert/ Post Baccalaureate Diploma

If you have a 2.1 and you want to go for a PG. Cert, endeavor to show cogent reasons in a convincing manner in your SOP why you are going for a PG. Cert instead of a Masters Degree

4)- Assume yourself as a VISA OFFICER, assess your documents, read ur SOP to urself and point out your errors.
- Also regarding ur SOP, avoid any form of Plagiarism to the bearest minimum.
- Show Originality when writing your SOP,
- Be 100% Patriotic - don't say unpleasant things about Nigeria on your SOP, how you can upgrade your career and also help in the improvement of the Nigerian Economy after studying in Canada is very Paramount, talk about it in your SOP.
- Avoid Grammatical Errors in your SOP
- Subheadings Will make your SOP readable, don't write your SOP in Composition/Essay Manner
- Any thing you mention in your SOP, make sure you have a document that confirms it.

5) Read Success Stories of Applicants that have gotten Approval in the Past, most especially from 2018 till date, you might just see an applicant with your exact kind of profile that got approval which u can learn one ot two things from.

6) Also, if you are on the verge of starting or submitting your application, endeavor to ask questions in the forum on things u are not clear of. There are many things you gonna learn here that an agent don't know about or won't even tell you.

If you are an Applicant going for Masters/PH.D, this thread is a training ground for you to learn how to do research before the real research, so don't feel bad if someone tell you to start reading from Page 1, u gonna gain a lot.

7) Take your time and read this Thread Explicitly.
I never had an iota of experience on Canada Study Visa application. Reading this thread in my leisure period for a year helped me tremendously and this made my application strictly DIY (do-it-yourself)

cool Finally,
after Submitting your application, Talk to God to take Control/Charge of your Study Visa Processing, cos in every situation (good or bad) God will still be God.

As we all know the motto of this forum
"it will end in Praises (in frankrobbn's Voice)"

I'm wishing all applicants awaiting a decision from IRCC a FAVORABLE ONE

Remain Blessed Honorable Sir's & Ma's!!!!

Finally the golden mail has landed. I can now rest from your incessant emails and worries about your application grin. Thank God for success and I celebrate your victory Lekan. It's a great pleasure assisting with your application. May Canada favour you. I hope you will be around to assist others in achieving theirs. All the best.

It will end in praise.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 12:13pm On Nov 04, 2020
Chikaima18:
Hello house. This platform is so rich with plenty people willing to help. God bless us all.

Reapplied August 4, aip August 12.
Medical passed August 12 too
Received bvl yesterday and PPR today.
3rd study visa application.

I submitted the same documents as my previous application and then did an extensive LOE directing the VO to the different documents that they missed. Backed up with prayer.

Thanks to all the bosses @frankroben, @justmellow.

@lekiboboe was so excited seeing that you got BVL already. May it end in praise.

Please for the biometric slip, I don't have the slip from the first time I submitted. Can I submit the BVL in its place or what other document can I submit.

Thanks and may the good news continue to flow

Congratulations to you Madam on your visa approval. I'm glad to be part of your TRV crowning achievement. I wish you the very best.

Indeed, the rain of approvals is getting higher day-by-day, I earnestly hope it touches every application on this platform. My best wishes goes to all applications awaiting a decision from IRCC. Keep faith alive!

It will end in praise

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) ... (723)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.