Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,667 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:08 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (492) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1154876 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 8:19am On Nov 06, 2020
Hello,

Sorry to hear about your refusal.

Accounting and business are not directly related as it might seem. The visa officer is wondering why you’re switching to business.

About the level, as far as I know, PGC is higher than HND. So I’m not sure what that’s about.

My advice would be to apply for a course in the accounting line and state clearly in your statement of purpose how that would help you advance in your career.

You can reapply with same course if you have a good reason for switching to business, maybe you’ve been running a business for a while and you need those skills to take your business to a higher level. If this is the case you’ll need to show proof of the business registration.

Please wait for input from others in the house.

All the best
Kunledavidz:
@Frankrobbn1
@JustMellow
@Qudkom
@Chocs
@Anon123

Please help, I want to re-submit my application by next week

My GCMS file dropped yesterday and the reason for my rejection was stated.

I applied for PGC in Global Business Management @ Centennial College though I have HND in Statistics and also ICAN chartered accountant with over 6 years of working experience. Since I can't apply for Masters Degree except doing PGC because I actually wanted to do an MBA in Business Administration.

I was refused based on the attached documents.

I want to reapply, please any information or direction to go about this will be appreciated.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by KahyePubg: 8:20am On Nov 06, 2020
Chocs:
Hello,

You can apply, get busy with a voluntary work. If you can get something related to the course you’re going for, that will be even better.

If you’re still young, it won’t be expected that you should be fully established. Show documents proofing your parents jobs and attach proof of their assets eg landed properties.

Write a strong SOP (statement of purpose) mention you’ll come back after your studies and show how the course you went for will be used in your home country.

All the best

Thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DINO71: 8:47am On Nov 06, 2020
ojzreal:

I used form A with GTB but they are still yet to debit me as a result of dollar scarcity.
HI
You used form A for which University please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by yemmynoni: 8:55am On Nov 06, 2020
[quote author=justwise post=88883946][/quote] anybody with information about project liberty in canada?.... I
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by brovaSketch: 9:03am On Nov 06, 2020
Thank you. Pls did you have to submit the statement of account of the person gifting you?

Plus can i send you a mail pls?

Dameelee:
Hi, Gift deed is a good idea, if your parents are sending the money to you but keep in mind that this money has to be in your possession till you land in Canada. I also made use of a gift deed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chukwubuikexo: 9:23am On Nov 06, 2020
Well the valid USA visa changes a lot, he should be very convincing in his SOP and probably add an Affidavit of Return
Baphil:
Thank you so much for your response.
The reason he's going with his family is because he has a foreign wife - who cannot stay alone in Nigeria while he's gone for that long. They have travel history and valid visa to the USA. Is it not enough to show they are not planning to migrate?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sharonyeah: 9:33am On Nov 06, 2020
Hi Sharon,

Google VFS Global Nigeria to sign up, login and book an appointment for BIOMETRICS in either Lagos or Abuja VAC office)

So after you are through with that and you got an Appointment letter, then go for your Biometrics on the Date stated in the Appointment Letter

What to go along with to VFS Office (Lagos or Abuja VAC Offices) for BIOMETRICS
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/268#93247541

Thanks so much Bro, I appreciate. Done the Biometrics already.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sirromey(m): 9:35am On Nov 06, 2020
Good morning Everyone I emailed the Nairobi immigration office on Tuesday and I got response today. I want to ask is this a generic reply ?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chukwubuikexo: 9:50am On Nov 06, 2020
Your first question is a bit confusing

Your POF seems to be in order

As for your client information, you should add your passport bio data page, academic transcripts and certificates, university letter of admission, SOP, birth certificate.....

Stonehenge83:
Good day nairalanders, I have started my online application but I am having some challenges.

1. under client information for my child's section, i uploaded a Pdf copy of his berth certificate, daycare enrolment document and letter from my husband to prove he will take care of his stay in Canada with me. but I was asked to remove the document, may i know why and how to go about it?

2. Under my proof of means of financial support, I added my full scholarship award letter, my statement of account (for 6 months) and that of my husband's company's account to show as proof of support funding for I and our child. Are my in order?

3. What will I upload under my own client information?

Thank you as I await your response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pseermuhel(m): 9:50am On Nov 06, 2020
Hi everyone,

Please I need our advice. I got my Biometric Verification Letter from Nairobi on Tuesday. After which I've not received any reply on my PPR.

I submitted a paper application with my international passport. I want to know if it takes time for paper applications to get reply because I've seen several online applications get their PPR a day after BVL.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 9:52am On Nov 06, 2020
Hello. I also sent a mail to them to which I got a response this morning. Witrh what I gather, if your school (like ours) isnt on the DLI list with an approved covid readines splan, u probably wont get PPR. Their response copied below:
Dear Applicant,

Starting October 20, 2020, travel of asymptomatic international students who have the appropriate documents to enter Canada and whose DLI is on the list of institutions with approved COVID-19 readiness plans in place are considered to be non-discretionary and non-optional, unless there is evidence that they are clearly coming to Canada for a discretionary or optional purpose, such as tourism.

You can find out more about this on: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/10/update-on-travel-restriction-exemptions-for-international-students.html

Kindly be informed that our aim is to process your application in priority and all efforts are being made to keep the processing time as short as possible.

We thank you for your patience and understanding in this regard.

So I guess we just wait until when Fanshawe's name is published.

It is well o.

Sirromey:
Good morning Everyone I emailed the Nairobi immigration office on Tuesday and I got response today. I want to ask is this a generic reply ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DefyTheOdds: 10:11am On Nov 06, 2020
Hello,

Your passport is already with them so there is no need for a passport request. They will inform you when your passport is ready to be collected.

Pseermuhel:
Hi everyone,

Please I need our advice. I got my Biometric Verification Letter from Nairobi on Tuesday. After which I've not received any reply on my PPR.

I submitted a paper application with my international passport. I want to know if it takes time for paper applications to get reply because I've seen several online applications get their PPR a day after BVL.

Thank you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by HorlarJP: 10:26am On Nov 06, 2020
Please Fams, what are the chances of a student visa given after doing everything right and correctly.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by kristalfoods(f): 10:44am On Nov 06, 2020
@Justmellow

Many thanks for your kind response. Though the internship is suppose to be in my department in my school but I will heed your advice to forgo and play safe.

Once again thank you

JustMellow:

Hello Kristalfoods,

For as long as its not a paid internship or attracts a financial incentive and you should have evidence that the internship is part of your academic study...

But without robust reasons and substantial evidence for wanting to enter Canada in January prior to classes resumption in September, you may find it difficult gain entrance at the POE.

Play safe!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 10:54am On Nov 06, 2020
Yes I did, submitted his(my dads) statement of acct and mine too.
You can.
brovaSketch:
Thank you. Pls did you have to submit the statement of account of the person gifting you?

Plus can i send you a mail pls?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fuccom: 11:31am On Nov 06, 2020
What is BVL
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 11:37am On Nov 06, 2020
Applicants that submitted their application from Sept 1st to Sept 30th, have you guys gotten any feedback or response yet?
I applied on the 7th of Sept, still waiting on God.
It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MzMisty: 11:40am On Nov 06, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Clear the Cache on your browser and try it again. If it persist, I will recommend you use another browser (preferably firefox)

Let me know if the problem persists.

It will end in praise

Hi Frankrobbn1

Thank you for your response.
It eventually worked but there were no changes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 11:47am On Nov 06, 2020
Biometric Validity letter.
Fuccom:
What is BVL
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ericksen(m): 11:53am On Nov 06, 2020
Yes, it is generic. got the same from them a few days ago. What stage is your application on, and when are your classes starting?

Sirromey:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by temmiedee: 12:05pm On Nov 06, 2020
Kunnmi:
hi,
please has anyone received their passports back after submission? please how long did it take after submission to vfs lagos! does it also come with the letter of introduction automatically or I have to apply separately.
anybody help me with answers, please.

To respond to this, I will like to share a friend's experience. He got his PPR on 22nd October 2020. His passport was sent to VAC Lagos Office on 27th October 2020 and was received on 28th October 2020. An automated mail was sent to him two days ago on the movement of his Passport. Below are the messages received in sequence from VFS;

1. Dear XYZ,
Visa application, tracking ID No. 123, The envelope for the decision on the results of your visa that has been processed has been received at the Canadian Visa Application Center at Lagos OC, on the date. We will then send this to the Canadian Visa Application Center Lagos OC. Please note that this is an automated...
Regards,

VFS Global

2. Dear XYZ,
Your application, tracking ID No. 123 has been received at the Canada Visa Application Centre, Lagos OC on 11/4/2020 12:15:40 AM and is in transit to the IRCC Office in Lagos OC for processing. For further details, please contact the VAC...
Regards,

VFS Global

3. Dear XYZ,
Your application, tracking ID No. 123 has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office on 11/4/2020 01:34:29 PM
Regards,

VFS Global

He is presently not sure on how long the whole process will take. Anyone with similar experience can share.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by HorlarJP: 12:21pm On Nov 06, 2020
Debbyiiii:
please anyone going for undergraduate studies to canada that has applied for visa or has gotten visa

��
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 06, 2020
Debbyiiii:
please anyone going for undergraduate studies to canada that has applied for visa or has gotten visa
cheesy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DINO71: 12:24pm On Nov 06, 2020
temmiedee:

To respond to this, I will like to share a friend's experience. He got his PPR on 22nd October 2020. His passport was sent to VAC Lagos Office on 27th October 2020 and was received on 28th October 2020. An automated mail was sent to him two days ago on the movement of his Passport. Below are the messages received in sequence from VFS;

1. Dear XYZ,
Visa application, tracking ID No. 123, The envelope for the decision on the results of your visa that has been processed has been received at the Canadian Visa Application Center at Lagos OC, on the date. We will then send this to the Canadian Visa Application Center Lagos OC. Please note that this is an automated...
Regards,

VFS Global

2. Dear XYZ,
Your application, tracking ID No. 123 has been received at the Canada Visa Application Centre, Lagos OC on 11/4/2020 12:15:40 AM and is in transit to the IRCC Office in Lagos OC for processing. For further details, please contact the VAC...
Regards,

VFS Global

3. Dear XYZ,
Your application, tracking ID No. 123 has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office on 11/4/2020 01:34:29 PM
Regards,

VFS Global

He is presently not sure on how long the whole process will take. Anyone with similar experience can share.

Thank you.

Mine is exactly the same.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by skull4eva: 12:32pm On Nov 06, 2020
Good day house, please can anyone help with a copy of a affidavit of return? Thanks so much in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by uniqueam1: 12:50pm On Nov 06, 2020
Hello guys,

I understood how to order gcms note outside of Canada, through gcms buddy,etc. What if you have someone in Canada who can assist and get the gcms note faster, what steps can the person take to apply for gcms note within Canada? That is, through which means can the person apply?

Thank you so much for your response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Legacyedition: 1:30pm On Nov 06, 2020
Longjonjoe:

Hello Classmate, how do i know my application has been updated. I just checked and couldn’t see any updated written anywhere

It's a ghost update.

Missed the timing or being processed from different country. Someone also got the ghost update yesterday afternoon

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Legacyedition: 1:31pm On Nov 06, 2020
Longjonjoe:

I submitted on the 7th and did my biometrics on the 9th. My biometrics and application both showed completed but I haven’t seen application updated yet

Ours too had reverted to " submitted"

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DeeWan: 1:32pm On Nov 06, 2020
DINO71:

Mine is exactly the same.

When and where did you submit your passport?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by uniqueam1: 1:36pm On Nov 06, 2020
Congrats Jesusrules24!
I sent a connection request to you to be able to send a message. Kindly connect if you can. Thank you.

Jesusrules24:
PPR just dropped guys!

I am super elated!

Thanks so much to everyone on this platform that has been a source of inspiration and motivation: from those of you who shared your success stories, refusals to those who always answered questions.

I started following this thread last year and because of all the information here, I never needed an agent and was never confused about the whole process.

Below is my timeline. I hope it inspires someone.

First time applicant.
Applied: March 29th 2020, online.
Biometric request: March 30th
AIP: August 6th
Biometrics: August 25th (Covid hence the delay in biometrics)
Upfront medical: August 25th
Medical Request: August 27th

I sent a webform with my upfront medical done a day before the request. (I was going to travel to Abuja for Biometrics and I didn't want to travel twice, hence I did my upfront medical on the day of my biometrics. Lucky me, medical request came the next day)

September, October.... silence.

Then I saw a suggestion here about sending webforms to China and Nairobi.

I sent my webforms November 3rd at 12midnight to Beijing and Nairobi.

3 hours later, I got BVL.
November 4th (just now) PPR dropped!
I applied alone.
I used my husband and kids as hometies.

School: Centennial College.
Course: International Business Management (postgraduate)
My first degree is English, 2.1 but I run my own business, so in my SOP, I talked a lot about my business and how I chose the course to help me improve my business skills, so I can grow my business when I return.

Document Submitted:
3 page sop
Statement of result/certificate
Admission letter
Police clearance
First semester school fees receipt
My business CAC documents
2 photos of my business
My personal bank statement, business bank statement and hubby's bank statement. (I wrote that we were both going to split the cost of my studies and living expenses)

God indeed answers prayers. Thank God for his mercies. But you also need to get all the right documents.

Avoid lying in your application because their records are forever and your memory might fail. I was denied US visa in the past and I stated it.

I also have an active EE profile.

If you are just starting this Canada journey, read from the beginning of the thread and you would get all the info you need and you can save that agency fee.

I waited 8months to get the approval.

I hope this my long love letter helps someone.

Don't give up on the Canadian dream, even if you have been denied before.

Do it for your generation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DINO71: 1:39pm On Nov 06, 2020
DeeWan:

When and where did you submit your passport?

On Tuesday to Lagos VFS

(1) (2) (3) ... (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.