Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (498) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1149399 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by OliviaPretty9: 11:51pm On Nov 08, 2020
@Justmellow: thank you so much.....pls for the bank statement (is it total amount of tuition fees for the whole duration of the program or just first year?)...

JustMellow:

Hello OliviaPretty9,

Yes, it is possible but can also be a pitfall if there is limited information or reasons why going for a program below the academic grid of the recently (about to) completed Master program. This may be an area that could likely be the toughest challenge in your application.

Other options are a second Master or Ph.D though not all Masters graduate are willing to go for a Ph.D due to individual reasons, I believe so is applicable for you. I think you should also set your mind at a second Master except if the first Master isn't related to your work experience and/or you're certain you can use the PGD/C to make a solid argument that your reasons for the program choice is to cover certain independent topics or study area(s) in the about to complete Master which also would be a strong support in your workplace in Sweden if your combine the two certificates...

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 11:55pm On Nov 08, 2020
Hello everyone...serious reading this thread..
May I ask? Can I use my husband and dad as sponsors but my hubby as the major sponsor?
Also when submitting documents,am I submitting same documents for both major sponsor and co sponsor.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by HorlarJP: 12:51am On Nov 09, 2020
Chocs:
Hello HorlarJP,

It can be that fast, we’ve seen many cases like that. It can also take a time and end up being rejected. There’s no fixed format for it.

Best wishes

Thank you!.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by HorlarJP: 12:52am On Nov 09, 2020
Chocs:
Hello HorlarJP,

Medical examination is a part of study permit application if your studies will be more than 6 months.

There are 2 ways to get it done:

Upfront examination: you do it and submit it to IRCC before they request for it

Medical request; you wait for them to ask you to go and do a medical examination

So far, if you are asked to go for a medical examination by IRCC, it’s a positive sign. Your permit would most likely be granted.

All the best

Thanks bro, then IRCC should request for my Medical lol
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 1:42am On Nov 09, 2020
Hello honorable Lekiboboe,

His best bet is the UK. He should take PLAB 1 and 2 exam and in no time he’ll land a good paying job.

With Canada, the exam is more complicated, has more steps and paper work, more expensive and takes more time. Would he be okay with doing a job not related to medicine while he goes through this process? That’s something he should consider.

Study route is only good if he’ll like to go into a medical related field that’s not clinical. Eg public health.

If he’ll like to practice as a doctor, Canada is not the best option. It’s not impossible but he should get ready for the time it will take and the huge cost.

There are public health, reproductive health courses. If his thesis in medical school had a laboratory component then he has more options like experimental medicine and other lab related courses

If he needs more information, he should not hesitate to contact me.

All the best
Lekiboboe:
Hello House,

Trust y'all doing great?

I got a question...

What do you suggest/advice for a Graduate of Medicine & Surgery (Doctor)

&

has done Housemanship & NYSC..

Is study route a good idea? If Yes, what do you advice?

If NO what route is advisable? and what are the criteria?

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 2:10am On Nov 09, 2020
Hello Baggiomarrio,

Common reasons for refusal are:
1) Insufficient funds or unexplained lump sump deposit (so a huge amount of money just enters your account, with no explanation and documents proving where it is from)

2) Lack of home ties: there is no strong factor that will encourage you to come back home after your studies (landed properties, family members, business, any valuable asset) If you’re young, like in your case, documents from your sponsor will do. They won’t expect you to have a land at 18.

3) Poorly written statement of purpose. The visa officer cannot tell why you’re going to study the particular course, why Canada, and how that course would help your career

4) Fake documents or lying in your application (eg not disclosing previous visa rejection from Canada or other countries)

5) Failing the medical examination or having a criminal record

If you have any study gap, it’s good to show what you have been during that time.

My advice to you is that you start writing your statement of purpose, it can take a lot of time. Read it and correct it as many times as possible. Make sure a guru in the house helps you review it. If you read through this thread, you’ll find tips for writing your statement of purpose.

I’ll also advice you to read this thread from the beginning, all the information you need about study permit application is in here.

You can also start gathering your documents, scan them and start shrinking the size.

All the best

Baggiomarrio:
good evening every one.. I just finished applying for my undergraduate programs in Canada.. am 18 and I would say , I kinda have every thing I need , from the sponsor to whatever.. please help jambito or should I say an ignoranto, to know what are likely to bring problem so I will know how to plan toward it now that I still have the time. Stating from my age to who is sponsoring me.. please help a brother.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by afrischolars1: 2:10am On Nov 09, 2020
olowoba2:
Please I need a professional writer who can help me draft quality statement of purpose, work history and other relevant write ups.

I will provide all the background info required.

I will do the final reviews and clean up. This is for a fee.

Please DM me if you are interested.

P.S. I will test your ability to write.

If you cannot draft your statement of purpose without a professional assistance, then you may want to reconsider your decision to pursue a graduate education in Canada because a statement of purpose is apparently the easiest paper you'll be drafting as a graduate student.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Oladymmy: 2:28am On Nov 09, 2020
Please how would someone with Bsc in Nautical Science (all certifications intact) from Egypt with 2 years working experience in Nigeria apply for Canada Work Visa ..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olowoba2: 4:34am On Nov 09, 2020
afrischolars1:

If you cannot draft your statement of purpose without a professional assistance, then you may want to reconsider your decision to pursue a graduate education in Canada because a statement of purpose is apparently the easiest paper you'll be drafting as a graduate student.

Do I sound like someone who can not construct proper sentences? Do you really think I have not penned down notable articles in the past?

Writing an SOP is not difficult; there are countless samples on the internet I can leverage on. However the sheer amount of time it will take to wrtie and then polish it to my taste is not worth it, particularly when I can get a professional to do a first pass draft which I will later edit to my taste. I am very busy professional, thus I have very limited time to craft a well detailed SOP.

I may end up taking your advice though. As a matter of fact, I will most likely write my SOPs. The

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dampops(m): 6:17am On Nov 09, 2020
That’s better then...lol

olowoba2:

Do I sound like someone who can not construct proper sentences? Do you really think I have not penned down notable articles in the past?

Writing an SOP is not difficult; there are countless samples on the internet I can leverage on. However the sheer amount of time it will take to wrtie and then polish it to my taste is not worth it, particularly when I can get a professional to do a first pass draft which I will later edit to my taste. I am very busy professional, thus I have very limited time to craft a well detailed SOP.

I may end up taking your advice though. As a matter of fact, I will most likely write my SOPs. The

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chukwubuikexo: 7:19am On Nov 09, 2020
A better way would be to use you Husband as the major sponsor, then have your Dad draw up a Deed of gift, stating that he is voluntarily offering you so and so amount/property out of the magnanimity of his heart in support of your travel abroad.
You can then upload this Deed of gift together with all other financial documents as your POF
Jesusgirlgirl:
May I ask? Can I use my husband and dad as sponsors but my hubby as the major sponsor?
Also when submitting documents,am I submitting same documents for both major sponsor and co sponsor.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 7:36am On Nov 09, 2020
I second this.

He(dad) should have the money transferred to you + a deed of gift. The transaction should carry his name so it’s clear he’s the one who transferred it to you.

Best wishes
Chukwubuikexo:
A better way would be to use you Husband as the major sponsor, then have your Dad draw up a Deed of gift, stating that he is voluntarily offering you so and so amount/property out of the magnanimity of his heart in support of your travel abroad.
You can then upload this Deed of gift together with all other financial documents as your POF
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by teminhi: 8:16am On Nov 09, 2020
Dora14:
Good evening all, please is there anyone going to TRU

Moi
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MamaIva: 8:47am On Nov 09, 2020
When a gift deed is given ,must the sender bank statement be added ?

Chocs:
I second this.

He(dad) should have the money transferred to you + a deed of gift. The transaction should carry his name so it’s clear he’s the one who transferred it to you.

Best wishes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sharonyeah: 9:44am On Nov 09, 2020
Good morning everyone, please I will like to know if it is necessary to inform the doctor that I have BP issue even though I am on drugs and when I use my drugs, the BP will be so regulated that the doctor may not know about it.

I am just thinking if I should disclose it or not.

An urgent answer will be appreciated.

Thanks everyone.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 9:52am On Nov 09, 2020
Hello Sharonyeah,

When you get to the first doctor. Your medical history would be taken. You will be asked if you have any health condition or if you’re on any medication. You should disclose it. Controlled BP without organ damage (kidney damage, heart damage etc) would not stop you from passing the medical exam.

Best wishes
Sharonyeah:
Good morning everyone, please I will like to know if it is necessary to inform the doctor that I have BP issue even though I am on drugs and when I use my drugs, the BP will be so regulated that the doctor may not know about it.

Thanks everyone.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 10:07am On Nov 09, 2020
Hello Mamalva,

I’ll advice you to add it.

Best wishes
MamaIva:
When a gift deed is given ,must the sender bank statement be added ?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 10:18am On Nov 09, 2020
gracevien:
Good evening house,

I am writing this with mixed feelings. I applied for a program with NBCC, paid application fee and all after which I realized that the program I applied for was a post-secondary program cause I ready have a Bsc. I immediately went on to apply for a change of course. I later realized that one of the courses to which I applied for a change was not effected, I called the international office and reported it even sent them a voice note to which they acknowledged the receipt. Now I have been offered admission on the course which I asked for a change.
I know that the chances of being rejected on The grounds of lack of academic progression is eminent.

Please gurus in the house, kindly advice and help I any way possible.
Thanks.

Hello Gracevien,

Its depressing after thinking the right thing was done but only to find out there has been a silly oversight.

The feasibility of your request been attended depends on the program you're selecting as first choice and its seat availability.

In this case, which I believe you've sent emails to the appropriate authority, you should want to follow up with calls during official hours. Your plea through calls to NBCC is always encouraged and promoted by them.

Another bail out is to pay another application fees to apply for the right program of your choice which is a norm amongst some DLI. Or apply to some other DLI. Any decision to be made should be swift because it seems admission rush into certain programs against Fall (especially) 2021 is now becoming a tight competition. This would allow you steer clear for been in a waitlist.

Don't go with a program or course you wouldn't be able to defend or give clear reasons for your study intent.

Out of curiosity:

1. Did NBCC request for your WAEC/NECO scratch card for verification?

2. Did NBCC request for your school to mail the official transcript via courier or electronically?

3. How long was your admission letter out?

4. What was suppose to be your 1st & 2nd choice course and is the 2nd choice course still post-secondary courses?

If you can't find the number to call on NBCC website, let me know.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 10:26am On Nov 09, 2020
May Tuesday be favorable for us all, whenever I see this maintenance notice my heart go just dey do gbagba.. grin grin
After the maintenance, there is usually a high amount of updates from IRCC...

It will end in praise as always

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 10:31am On Nov 09, 2020
Yes, please make sure you disclose it and indicate the medication and history of the condition.

I also showed mildly elevated BP during my medicals although I did not have any medication and unaware I had such conditions but the doctors caught it and asked me about it.

I was also scared my medicals may be failed due to that but the same advice by Chocs was what another guru gave me about the organ damage criteria. It would be bad if you don't disclose and think your BP control medication won't reveal it.

There will be blood and urine tests so it may be possible to get traces of your medication which can be linked back to the BP condition you think is hidden. If that happens, it would be reported to IRCC and could be the reason for an automatic medical failure, visa refusal and/or ban on the basis of "misrepresentation".

It shall end in praises!

Sharonyeah:

Thanks everyone.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 10:41am On Nov 09, 2020
Lekiboboe:
Hello House,

Trust y'all doing great?

I got a question...

What do you suggest/advice for a Graduate of Medicine & Surgery (Doctor)

&

has done Housemanship & NYSC..

Is study route a good idea? If Yes, what do you advice?

If NO what route is advisable? and what are the criteria?
Thanks

Hello Lekiboboe,

Was he paid or received a financial incentive during the time doing housemanship? If yes, work experience can be claimed for it coupled with that of NYSC. Three years work experience is what is needed to claim max point for work experience. As a recent graduate, I presume age is still counting as positive, If all these are correct, EE would likely be a suitable route.

The study route isn't left out too but EE would be more convenient route in my opinion based on the available information presented.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olaty27: 10:46am On Nov 09, 2020
Good day everyone,

Please I need clarification on on my medical review status.

Upfront Medical - 24th August 2020
Submitted - 30th September 2020
Biometrics - 6th October 2020,

however my medical review status has always been "you do not need a medical exam"

Should this be a call for concern ?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 10:49am On Nov 09, 2020
OliviaPretty9:
@Justmellow: thank you so much.....pls for the bank statement (is it total amount of tuition fees for the whole duration of the program or just first year?)...

Hello OliviaPretty9,

As advised by IRCC, applicants only need to demonstrate POF for the first year tuition and LE. However, to be able to demonstrate financial sufficiency and capability, its advised to show enough or extra funds after deducting tuition and LE.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Spotlights(m): 10:54am On Nov 09, 2020
Simply put

Your application hasn't been attended to.
Be calm and watch the process

olaty27:
Good day everyone,

Please I need clarification on on my medical review status.

Upfront Medical - 24th August 2020
Submitted - 30th September 2020
Biometrics - 6th October 2020,

however my medical review status has always been "you do not need a medical exam"

Should this be a call for concern ?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 10:57am On Nov 09, 2020
Jesusgirlgirl:
Thank you

Hello Jesusgirlgirl,

Two sponsors are allowed but one has to be a cosponsor. Same documents too but it also depends on how their respective personal situation and/or circumstances varies. Each of their documents should however bear their individual identification and/or legal distinction.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by sleekcheek: 10:57am On Nov 09, 2020
Hello house, if a student who got admission before creating an EE profile later immigrated to Canada through the EE route still decides to continue with the education will such a student still be classified as an international student?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olaty27: 11:00am On Nov 09, 2020
Spotlights:
Simply put

Your application hasn't been attended to.
Be calm and watch the process

Thank you @spotlights I will be patience
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 11:15am On Nov 09, 2020
ConradAce1:

I am following your comments deeply. It would help so much for a replication I'm coming forth with.

Hello ConradAce1,

I believe the house will always be behind you to assist.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MzMisty: 11:18am On Nov 09, 2020
MzMisty:

Hi Frankrobbn1

Thank you for your response.
It eventually worked but there were no changes.

Please help ooo
I have done my biometrics but it hasn’t been updated till date.
I sent a message to them and they updated my profile that they haven’t received my biometrics...

Please what do I do?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Iceman2020: 11:20am On Nov 09, 2020
Please is there anyone here with AIP that's still expecting BVL and PPR?

Abi na only me waka come?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 11:23am On Nov 09, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Lekiboboe,

Was he paid or received a financial incentive during the time doing housemanship? If yes, work experience can be claimed for it coupled with that of NYSC. Three years work experience is what is needed to claim max point for work experience. As a recent graduate, I presume age is still counting as positive, If all these are correct, EE would likely be a suitable route.

The study route isn't left out too but EE would be more convenient route in my opinion based on the available information presented.

All the best
Thanks JustMellow,

Actually am quite lost in your response grin

I think I just made a Projection of what I know about Medicine (on Assumption), which I may not be totally right about.

This is his profile,

Actually, he is still in 500L, Medical Student & quite young (21-24 age range)

My direct question now is

" If after he is through going through the normal process of being a Medical Doctor, what pathway/route is ok & reasonable for his kind of Profession to come to Canada"

Thanks for your time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 11:23am On Nov 09, 2020
NO. Once the student arrive or received their PR Visa, they can send email notifying the admission office of the change in resident status. Certain documents (including landing papers) would be requested. Once these are verified, the student will seize to be classified as an international student.

sleekcheek:
Hello house, if a student who got admission before creating an EE profile later immigrated to Canada through the EE route still decides to continue with the education will such a student still be classified as an international student?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.