Stats: 3,149,944 members, 7,806,729 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (590) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1154124 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kakokako: 2:36pm On Nov 26, 2020
Ableka001:
Congratulations bro

More wins

A paper applicant here also just received his approval some minutes ago.

I think it's about time....

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dos2020: 2:43pm On Nov 26, 2020
@ OtunbaTee,

There is computer based version, with open dates from 29th November till 29th December open and results will be out 3-5days. Check MOD Ielts website.

OtunbaTee:
Just remember you're to write it latest 5th December, else the result won't come out till time will elapse. Have in mind that only paper based is available for now and it takes 13days for result to come out.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sirromey(m): 2:43pm On Nov 26, 2020
You will have to check. For Ontario this are the schools I know: 1 Fanshawe 2 Humber 3Centennial 4 Seneca. Check them out
Ennyboy12:

Okay. Thanks

Please how do i know if the course i have interest in... can be admitted for the PGD
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by owolabia: 2:45pm On Nov 26, 2020
Kakokako:

I'm waiting for my own o.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dovelove543: 2:46pm On Nov 26, 2020
Hi, Every passport expectant,

I just got off the phone with VFS customer representative. I called with respect to the amount we have to pay and informed him that I am in Lekki close to their office. He said it is a flat rate irrespective of location. He did mention the about is N11, 300...and something. But then, he asked for my Tracking ID to be sure my passport is in their office.....I gave it to him....after checking he told me my full name and email address correctly. He said the passport is on its way and will arrive anytime soon. he said I should expect a mail from them latest by tomorrow afternoon.

I was part of those that got approval and LOI on Tuesday. So our passport is on its way and it a flat rate of N11,300...and something. So let expect the mail tomorrow.

All the best!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kunnmi: 2:52pm On Nov 26, 2020
please for someone who studied English in the university what course can she apply for easily? any one has any experience or school suggestion ?
thanks for the reply in anticipation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ikechuqu: 2:59pm On Nov 26, 2020
rebecausoro:

lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
abuja@international.gc.ca

Thank you. I’ve sent them an email since VFS is giving mixed messages nowadays.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 3:00pm On Nov 26, 2020
Ennyboy12:

Okay. Thanks

Please how do i know if the course i have interest in... can be admitted for the PGD
Hi,

I feel the following questions will help u to know if the PG course u av interest in is a good fit for u (Career Progression Wise)

- What did u study in your first degree?

- What year did you graduate

- Do you have Work Experience? If yes, is your Work Experience related to the program u studied as an Undergraduate

- The PG program you wanna do , is it related to your first degree?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 3:04pm On Nov 26, 2020
Kunnmi:
please for someone who studied English in the university what course can she apply for easily? any one has any experience or school suggestion ?
thanks for the reply in anticipation
Hi,

See this

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/319#93806780

Do await more response/suggestions from members in house
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JoshM23: 3:14pm On Nov 26, 2020
Sirromey:
Wow thats cool, yours was fast. Congratulations. I think you are the first paper applicants to get approval here.�

Thanks.... the delay was mad, I applied Feb 20

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Legacyedition: 3:17pm On Nov 26, 2020
OtunbaTee:
Just remember you're to write it latest 5th December, else the result won't come out till time will elapse. Have in mind that only paper based is available for now and it takes 13days for result to come out.

Nooo. I saw computer based...

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Canhopeful: 3:20pm On Nov 26, 2020
Hi everyone,
I want to retrieve my stamped passport from VFS. Please, is this the right form? If yes, please how can I fill it? What do they mean by "Name of the person to collect the decision on my behalf"?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kakokako: 3:23pm On Nov 26, 2020
JoshM23:

Thanks.... the delay was mad, I applied Feb 20

I applied February 14.

Another paper applicant just got her approval...

The next post will be my own testimony, I promise

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by biyilove200(m): 3:24pm On Nov 26, 2020
Hello Gurus & all Nairalanders
Would appreciate your help.

I have just completed my SOP for a second application and require the help Gurus to help proofread it. I intend to submit my application next week. Please!!!!!!
Thank you for your time.
@JustMellow @Frankrobbn1 @Chocs Etc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by OtunbaTee(m): 3:31pm On Nov 26, 2020
Legacyedition:

Nooo. I saw computer based...

Yeso..I just saw it oo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by OtunbaTee(m): 3:31pm On Nov 26, 2020
Dos2020:
@ OtunbaTee,

There is computer based version, with open dates from 29th November till 29th December open and results will be out 3-5days. Check MOD Ielts website.

Thank you very much, I just saw it o...chai!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kunnmi: 3:32pm On Nov 26, 2020
thanks, i appreciate it!

Lekiboboe:

Hi,

See this

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/319#93806780

Do await more response/suggestions from members in house

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by OtunbaTee(m): 3:32pm On Nov 26, 2020
biyilove200:
Hello Gurus & all Nairalanders
Would appreciate your help.

I have just completed my SOP for a second application and require the help Gurus to help proofread it. I intend to submit my application next week. Please!!!!!!
Thank you for your time.
@JustMellow @Frankrobbn1 @Chocs Etc
have u done IELTS?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kunnmi: 3:34pm On Nov 26, 2020
Anyone coming to Toronto/Mississauga. interested in renting an apartment. we can rent a 2 bedroom and split. holla if interested, please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 3:37pm On Nov 26, 2020
Dovelove543:
Hi, Every passport expectant,

I just got off the phone with VFS customer representative. I called with respect to the amount we have to pay and informed him that I am in Lekki close to their office. He said it is a flat rate irrespective of location. He did mention the about is N11, 300...and something. But then, he asked for my Tracking ID to be sure my passport is in their office.....I gave it to him....after checking he told me my full name and email address correctly. He said the passport is on its way and will arrive anytime soon. he said I should expect a mail from them latest by tomorrow afternoon.

I was part of those that got approval and LOI on Tuesday. So our passport is on its way and it a flat rate of N11,300...and something. So let expect the mail tomorrow.

All the best!
Thank you for this information.

Please I want to ask and understand how this passport thing works.

So UPS sent me a mail that my passport was received yesterday by the popular Mr Festus, how long should I wait to get acknowledgement and tracking ID?

Secondly, with the feedback of 11,300 does it mean the VAC no longer acknowledges 2way Courier for first time applicants?

Thanks as I await your valuable feedbacks.
Cc: Everyone
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ayokaq: 3:42pm On Nov 26, 2020
I don't agree with you because in my case, I applied with my husband and two kids and it's was clearly stated in my GCMS note that my application was refused due to week home ties as all my immediate family is traveling at the same time with me.
I will advise u apply with ur toddler for now
Uzomachukwu:

"Home ties" is not a reason why they can't go together. IRCC always already knows so well that no student (especially from Nigeria) actually intends leaving their wife/husband/kids back at home while he/she stays in Canada for a year or two (in the case of MA studies) or for four/five years (doctoral studies).

IRCC would be a pack of fools if they allow the often stated response of "dependents not travelling with me" to be a decisive factor that will woo them into giving a study permit to a student who is married.

If you check at the int'l students forum at canadavisa.com, you'll see the testimonies of many couples from around the world who were given the permit (one on study permit/visa and the other on work visa) and letter of identification to travel together even with their kids as a family.

It all depends on the individual's proven circumstances, whether they show with evidence that they other means to prove their home ties and their financial sufficiency in Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by LordAA(m): 3:49pm On Nov 26, 2020
Blavkmaann:
The sons jamming here is

IJE AWELE!!

Safe journey to all of us

We go reach last last!!!

Congratulations bro!
Which institution will you be attending?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Siobhanle: 4:27pm On Nov 26, 2020
Finally got my passport stamped and delivered from vfs after 20days �

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JayLaw2: 4:30pm On Nov 26, 2020
Kunnmi:
Anyone coming to Toronto/Mississauga. interested in renting an apartment. we can rent a 2 bedroom and split. holla if interested, please
Hello I’m going to Toronto. Are you a guy or a lady please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dame24: 4:32pm On Nov 26, 2020
Congratulations! How many days after you paid for the courier was it sent?
Siobhanle:
Finally got my passport stamped and delivered from vfs after 20days �

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadeMan01(m): 4:39pm On Nov 26, 2020
JoshM23:
Paper applicant, just got my approval letter... Glory be to God
Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 4:41pm On Nov 26, 2020
NairaLuck:

Thank you for this information.

Please I want to ask and understand how this passport thing works.

So UPS sent me a mail that my passport was received yesterday by the popular Mr Festus, how long should I wait to get acknowledgement and tracking ID?

Secondly, with the feedback of 11,300 does it mean the VAC no longer acknowledges 2way Courier for first time applicants?

Thanks as I await your valuable feedbacks.
Cc: Everyone
Can y'all please lend your experience in answering my questions, thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ableka001: 4:42pm On Nov 26, 2020
Yes o I believe

Wait but if a paper applicant get his LOI would he match straight to vfs office to collect our passports or we would still be waiting for another mail..
Kakokako:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Siobhanle: 4:43pm On Nov 26, 2020
Thanks, I paid on the 19th.

Dame24:
Congratulations! How many days after you paid for the courier was it sent?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Blavkmaann: 4:46pm On Nov 26, 2020
LordAA:

Congratulations bro!
Which institution will you be attending?

The beautiful Concordia University!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Siobhanle: 4:50pm On Nov 26, 2020
Hi! I’m attending Concordia as well, what’s your course? Mine’s economics.
Blavkmaann:

The beautiful Concordia University!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ableka001: 4:51pm On Nov 26, 2020
Paper applicants wey dey Nigeria we no reach 5!

Na wa o this people should consider us now...
Ableka001:
Dear IRCC,

I am a paper applicant who submitted an application since March 12th.
I a student of university of Regina. The only last In take I have is Jan 2021. I appreciate you for the medical request,AIP on 10th September.
I also thank you for the BVl since 27th October.

But please give me my approval and passport..

Or should I say give me back my palliative since March you have been holding on to it..
#papperapplicantslivesmatters!�����

(1) (2) (3) ... (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

Viewing this topic: Haythobs