Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (594) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1155051 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sirromey(m): 6:39am On Nov 27, 2020
You can use crypto. You can buy crypto on binance and when you to Canada you convert the money to fiat and redraw to your account when you open one.
Emmyirab:
Hello everyone.
If someone wants to send money to from Nigeria to Canada, what is the best means you'd use? Considering the scarcity of dollar in Nigeria and the high exchange rate.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadeMan01(m): 7:11am On Nov 27, 2020
Longjonjoe:
Hi guys, this mybankstatement everyone is doing, when I submitted my application, my mother got her bank statement and fowarded to me as softcopy for my application. How are you guys now doing the mybankstatement thing that I’m seeing up and down

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by kollinz20: 7:16am On Nov 27, 2020
rebecausoro:

lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
abuja@international.gc.ca

@rebecausoro Please I sent an email to you like two days ago I would be very grateful if you could reply me as I am really in distress at this time thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Esekaris1(f): 7:19am On Nov 27, 2020
Hello guys, please those for NSE, are we to write IELTS Academic or General training. Some persons are saying it's Academic, some said it's General training. I'm confused ooo. cry

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dee4Doyinsola: 7:25am On Nov 27, 2020
From what I have gathered on this page they are two different things. The counterfoil I received yesterday was right above the message section and it was named counterfoil by IRCC.
Ayobami2001:
Permit me to ask...please whats this counterfoil? Is it same as Letter of Introduction ?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dora14: 7:30am On Nov 27, 2020
fratermathy:

That person paid that amount because he submitted his passport before November 1st (new rates started with effect from this date). Those who paid for two way courier won't have to pay for return courier.

I was asked to pay 11,310
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dora14: 7:32am On Nov 27, 2020
Canhopeful:
Please, anyone who has the courier consent form can help me with it. Thank you.

Send me an email I’d forward
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dora14: 7:33am On Nov 27, 2020
[quote author=Beamer007 post=96486700][/quote]

This isn’t the form I was sent
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 7:59am On Nov 27, 2020
rebecausoro:

lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
abuja@international.gc.ca
Hello Rebecausoro,
Can I also message this email address to enquire about my passport? It was received on Wednesday from UPS by Mr Friday, I am yet to get an acknowledgement or tracking ID.

If that's not the email address can you assist with the right email address and phone number?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 8:04am On Nov 27, 2020
PASSPORT RETURN

Due to the ongoing Covid-19 outbreak, all passports will only be returned using the courier services offered by the Visa Application Centre.

The Visa Application Centre is offering courier services at a discount of 10% on the courier prices listed in the pricing table on this website. This discounted rate will only be available from 23 March 2020 until further notice.

Source: Vfs
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Beamer007: 8:07am On Nov 27, 2020
Dora14:

This isn’t the form I was sent

Thanks for the correction. Can you pls share it with me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Legacyedition: 8:09am On Nov 27, 2020
Longjonjoe:
Hi guys, this mybankstatement everyone is doing, when I submitted my application, my mother got her bank statement and fowarded to me as softcopy for my application. How are you guys now doing the mybankstatement thing that I’m seeing up and down

Check mybankstatements website to know your bank can do it. Then print the sample on their page. Take it to bank and tell them you want statement exactly like that.

Aside writing letter, mine took less than 5 minutes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Longjonjoe: 8:15am On Nov 27, 2020
MadeMan01:

I’ve opened the website and clicked on FCMB bank, what was there is a flyer of how to get your bank statement from the bank. Nothing relating to a bank certificate from canada IRCC
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Longjonjoe: 8:32am On Nov 27, 2020
Legacyedition:

Check mybankstatements website to know your bank can do it. Then print the sample on their page. Take it to bank and tell them you want statement exactly like that.

Aside writing letter, mine took less than 5 minutes.

Ok, did your bank send it to IRCC? Or they sent it to your email and then you uploaded it through your application portal? Abeg give me your email or number so i can reach you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 8:36am On Nov 27, 2020
Dora14:

Great. It means the new rates on their website are not yet in effect.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 9:13am On Nov 27, 2020
adeenzo:
@nairaluck @frankbobben1 and other gurus in the house.
I am happy that people are getting their PPR and looking for the best way to go about their submission of passport but please any advice for we early September applicant that are yet to hear from IRCC?
I have done my medicals (upfront) last week, still waiting for the update on my portal... from your experience what can you say to us early September people still waiting, I believe if they wanted to decline pur application they would have done it way earlier.
Please any advise you can give us maybe about how the trend of the way IRCC are attending to applications, anything at all to keep our hopes up....
Thanks

Your chances of approval looks good to me since you've not heard back from IRCC since September. Keep faith and be optimistic.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ayobami2001: 9:18am On Nov 27, 2020
I have it..i can send to you

Blavkmaann:

My plan is to call them today and ask them to send it for me!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by seyiki: 9:19am On Nov 27, 2020
OK ...thanks so much for the info
evergold:

Visit since they are not up to 6 years

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kimkalash: 9:20am On Nov 27, 2020
Good morning guys. I called VFS this morning and after confirming that my passport is still at the embassy, they said passport processing at IRCC in no way depends on how fast you submit it. Na wa ooooooo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 9:20am On Nov 27, 2020
kelvine95:

Hi Frank, good evening.

Please, can you possibly ask on our behalf if Nigeria Student Express would accept funding letters in place of the mybankstatement certificate. Or if it is specifically for self-funding students. I have messaged Lagos and Abuja Visa offices, and I am yet to get any response at all, except for automated emails.

The MyBank Statement Certificate are specifically designed for Nigerian students whose funding are presently held in a commercial bank in Nigeria. Given that you're a fully-funded applicant, your study visa application will continue to be processed in its regular prompt manner.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 9:26am On Nov 27, 2020
Imagine that. I couldn't even get them on any of their contact. Email no response, chat box inactive, phone line busy!

Kimkalash:
Good morning guys. I called VFS this morning and after confirming that my passport is still at the embassy, they said passport processing at IRCC in no way depends on how fast you submit it. Na wa ooooooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ayobami2001: 9:27am On Nov 27, 2020
How did you recieve a counterfoil..i still don't get what it is. I have gotten my LOI...but don't understand this conterfoil

Dee4Doyinsola:
From what I have gathered on this page they are two different things. The counterfoil I received yesterday was right above the message section and it was named counterfoil by IRCC.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by chloe3: 9:28am On Nov 27, 2020
Hello, good day to everyone. Please i need clarification and directions. I resent got refused Visa in August 2020. Before the refusal i differed my admission, and when i saw my Visa was refused, i asked for a refund now the school instead of refunding me back my money, i was sent a covid19 readiness awareness. One of the refusal reasons was study progression. My question now is, i studied Science and technical education (mechanical/metal works option) in the university, and how do i show study progression for this course of study, because it has the background of both Mechanical and Education embedded in it or should i still try my luck with the project management i have experience in. Please advise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Blavkmaann: 9:28am On Nov 27, 2020
Ayobami2001:
I have it..i can send to you

Oya na

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Legacyedition: 9:35am On Nov 27, 2020
Longjonjoe:

Ok, did your bank send it to IRCC? Or they sent it to your email and then you uploaded it through your application portal? Abeg give me your email or number so i can reach you

Yes, they will send it.

But they will give you a certificate which has ticket number and password.

1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 9:38am On Nov 27, 2020
Kimkalash:

You'll hear from them by next week. They may have done some secondary verifications.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by seyiki: 9:38am On Nov 27, 2020
I am sorry for asking this. Please which school and what type of programme is this tuition for? I am asking because I really love the cost
Rootiab:
Good morning ya'll. My tuition for 2 years is 2550 cad, is it advisable I pay all or I just pay 1000

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 9:44am On Nov 27, 2020
NairaLuck:

Hello Rebecausoro,
Can I also message this email address to enquire about my passport? It was received on Wednesday from UPS by Mr Friday, I am yet to get an acknowledgement or tracking ID.

If that's not the email address can you assist with the right email address and phone number?

Thank you

If the passport is still with VFS (as it would appear now), send a mail instead to

info.cannig@vfshelpline.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by bale98(f): 9:46am On Nov 27, 2020
seyiki:
I am sorry for asking this. Please which school and what type of programme is this tuition for? I am asking because I really love the cost
This was my exact thought too when I saw the post grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 9:46am On Nov 27, 2020
Canhopeful:

Please, help me with the consent form.

I attached it in a previous post.

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/515#95985057
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by flexerking(m): 9:46am On Nov 27, 2020
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 9:47am On Nov 27, 2020
Dora14:

I've already paid the amount on their website sha. Let them take the balance as long as I get my passport back on time. I want to travel next week.

(1) (2) (3) ... (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.