Stats: 3,150,281 members, 7,807,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (595) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1154625 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Rootiab: 9:50am On Nov 27, 2020
seyiki:
I am sorry for asking this. Please which school and what type of programme is this tuition for? I am asking because I really love the cost
Memorial University. Masters of Education - Education Technology

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 9:53am On Nov 27, 2020
Blavkmaann:
Abeg eh, the expiry date on the Counterfoil is it the expiry date of the Visa?

Yes please... The duration stipulated on your Counterfoil is exactly what you will see in your stamped visa on your passport. Please be guided that a VISA only grants you entry into Canada, it doesn't determine your stay in Canada. At the point of entry, you will be issued a study permit and an SIN which covers for the duration of your studies in Canada.

All the best.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 9:56am On Nov 27, 2020
Bolyboly:
Good evening here have been following this thread for sometime now please my question is this I graduated with a 2-2 in Biochemistry knowing fully well I can't put in for my msc straight if I have a good result after my pdg does that guarantee my admission for masters straight and how many month is the pgd program. Thanks

Go for PGD in Biotechnology at Centennial College, the duration is 8 months.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kimkalash: 9:59am On Nov 27, 2020
I strongly doubt that they have touched my passport at all as I haven't gotten the VFS mail that says it's under process at the visa office. Most people get it before the final approval update. Hoping for the best though.
fratermathy:

You'll hear from them by next week. They may have done some secondary verifications.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by bidemialade43: 10:03am On Nov 27, 2020
MadeMan01:

Please for us that we are been taught in English language is it a must we still do this ILETS or I can just tender a copy stamped by my school(University)that all my programs are been taught in English language (MSc)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ayobami2001: 10:07am On Nov 27, 2020
I thought counterfoil was the same as stamped visa on the passport

Frankrobbn1:

Yes please... The duration stipulated on your Counterfoil is exactly what you will see in your stamped visa on your passport. Please be guided that a VISA only grants you entry into Canada, it doesn't determine your stay in Canada. At the point of entry, you will be issued a study permit and an SIN which covers for the duration of your studies in Canada.

All the best.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ikechuqu: 10:09am On Nov 27, 2020
Kimkalash:
I strongly doubt that they have touched my passport at all as I haven't gotten the VFS mail that says it's under process at the visa office. Most people get it before the final approval update. Hoping for the best though.

I managed to reach VFS this morning, was told my passport is in transit from the embassy to their office. But still no counterfoil or change in status in my application portal.

Still excepting a feedback from the webform I raised.

In Davido’s voice... “something fishy going on”
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 27, 2020
Anon123:

i just replied your mail.. kindly check your mail
anon123 please send me mail with this email. greatfrank85@yahoo.com

Please when you send the mail,come to this nairaland platform and use your signature to let me know that you have send the mail to so so email(write my email name)so that i will know that the mail is from you.(please kindly write two or three letters from the email you use to send the mail for me to know that is really from you(for more communication purpose)in other to avoid scammers.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kimkalash: 10:17am On Nov 27, 2020
Wow, this is serious
Ikechuqu:

I managed to reach VFS this morning, was told my passport is in transit from the embassy to their office. But still no counterfoil or change in status in my application portal.

Still excepting a feedback from the webform I raised.

In Davido’s voice... “something fishy going on”
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by chloe3: 10:29am On Nov 27, 2020
Rootiab:

Memorial University. Masters of Education - Education Technology
this is a distance learning program, and attendance on campus is not required which means getting a visa will be a problem
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by HorlarJP: 10:52am On Nov 27, 2020
Going to a month since i did my biometrics and no message from IRCC.... my program starts in January 6 and not even a medical request not to talk of AIP, PPR etc.... the wait is killing me geez....
Please what happen if my application is not finalized until my school resumption?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 10:52am On Nov 27, 2020
Kimkalash:
Good morning guys. I called VFS this morning and after confirming that my passport is still at the embassy, they said passport processing at IRCC in no way depends on how fast you submit it. Na wa ooooooo
Kindly share the number you contacted them with.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 10:55am On Nov 27, 2020
rebecausoro:

If the passport is still with VFS (as it would appear now), send a mail instead to

info.cannig@vfshelpline.com
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 10:56am On Nov 27, 2020
Your travel date from Lagos has also been changed. Mine was. Travelling same day

quote author=evergold post=96478259]Anyone here using ethiopian airlines to travel on the 26tj of December? They sent a mail that the connecting flight has been moved to 29th. So, they are paying for hotel for the two days or what? [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by robot001: 11:03am On Nov 27, 2020
Canhopeful:

Could you please post the courier consent form here? I really can't wait for VFS to send it since they are unpredictable.

sorry for the delay, I keep getting an error message any time I try uploading it here. My apologies
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kimkalash: 11:03am On Nov 27, 2020
08150199900. Please call repeatedly and consistently
NairaLuck:

Kindly share the number you contacted them with.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by evergold(m): 11:09am On Nov 27, 2020
Eilenora:
Your travel date from Lagos has also been changed. Mine was. Travelling same day

quote author=evergold post=96478259]Anyone here using ethiopian airlines to travel on the 26tj of December? They sent a mail that the connecting flight has been moved to 29th. So, they are paying for hotel for the two days or what?

What's the new travel date. Mine still says 26th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 11:12am On Nov 27, 2020
From 26th to 28th. No flights on 27th.

evergold:

What's the new travel date. Mine still says 26th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Rootiab: 11:17am On Nov 27, 2020
chloe3:
this is a distance learning program, and attendance on campus is not required which means getting a visa will be a problem
The school did say we'd still be required to be on campus
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chikaima18: 11:19am On Nov 27, 2020
Hello everyone. I got three mails from vfs yesterday that my passport has been collected from IRCC. I called them today and they said the passport is ready for collection. But my status isn't changed yet online. What do I do please. Kindly advise. Thank you.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JoshM23: 11:21am On Nov 27, 2020
The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. 20AXxxx has been dispatched from the IRCC Office, to the Canada Visa Application Centre in CVO.
Does this mean my passport is ready for collection?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ayobami2001: 11:24am On Nov 27, 2020
Go ahead to retrieve your envelope first. One step at a time...I am sure it will change latest by next week.

Chikaima18:
Hello everyone. I got three mails from vfs yesterday that my passport has been collected from IRCC. I called them today and they said the passport is ready for collection. But my status isn't changed yet online. What do I do please. Kindly advise. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kimkalash: 11:34am On Nov 27, 2020
What's your timeline after ppr?
Chikaima18:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Rootiab: 11:42am On Nov 27, 2020
chloe3:
distance learning thing was imposed because of Corona
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 27, 2020
HorlarJP:
Going to a month since i did my biometrics and no message from IRCC.... my program starts in January 6 and not even a medical request not to talk of AIP, PPR etc.... the wait is killing me geez....
Please what happen if my application is not finalized until my school resumption?

My situation is similar to yours, though I first lodged my application in the month of June and completed my biometrics on Sept 8, medical on Sept 1. I'm yet to get a response from IRCC: No BVL, No PPR, my medical has not even been updated on GCkey.

My program will start on Jan 3, and classes on the 11th. With the look of things, I will definitely have to begin classes remotely here in Nigeria and then travel later (Feb/March/April, or even after the winter period, I can't be sure for now); after all, the whole of the winter term in my school is generally going to be run remotely even when I finally get to Canada. I know that your situation cannot be exactly the same as mine, still I will earnestly advice you keep your mind open to the option of starting remotely in January, just in case IRCC delays beyond your start date.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kakokako: 11:54am On Nov 27, 2020
JoshM23:
The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. 20AXxxx has been dispatched from the IRCC Office, to the Canada Visa Application Centre in CVO.
Does this mean my passport is ready for collection?

I think it is
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Insanity(m): 11:57am On Nov 27, 2020
NairaLuck:
https://www.nairaland.com/863690/nigerian-students-canada-how-survive

The above is link to Nigerian students in Canada, let's see how we can revive it and hope those ahead of us can return to share their inputs

Thanks a lot for this.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Legacyedition: 12:03pm On Nov 27, 2020
Did medicals 19th November . Medicals updated to pass after 8 days.

Seems early.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ayobami2001: 12:45pm On Nov 27, 2020
There seems to be 2 different forms in circulation. Don’t know which is correct. Please I’m sending you a DM Dora

Dora14:

This isn’t the form I was sent
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by OtunbaTee(m): 12:49pm On Nov 27, 2020
Mobi22:

Ties , employment prospects
Applied through an agent before the problem was the Sop and loe wasn't convincing
Ok ok..2nd one would end in praise..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by OtunbaTee(m): 12:53pm On Nov 27, 2020
Esekaris1:
Hello guys, please those for NSE, are we to write IELTS Academic or General training. Some persons are saying it's Academic, some said it's General training. I'm confused ooo. cry
Main reason I boned the thing...cos when u wana do p.r stuff ull still write another IELTS.abi?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by OtunbaTee(m): 12:55pm On Nov 27, 2020
Longjonjoe:

Ok, did your bank send it to IRCC? Or they sent it to your email and then you uploaded it through your application portal? Abeg give me your email or number so i can reach you
On the NSE letter, theres an instruction on how to upload the IELTS and mybankstatement, maybe you didnt check, cos when u open submitted documents you'll see they've created space for where you'll upload the 2 documents

(1) (2) (3) ... (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3