Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:04 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (629) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1154725 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DefyTheOdds: 7:17pm On Dec 02, 2020
Yes I did. I was able to reach them today, they said they'll process it tomorrow and send it on Friday

Dee4Doyinsola:
Did you send the details of the payment and courier form to the specified email? If you did, kindly find a way to reach them.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Faith243: 7:32pm On Dec 02, 2020
1. Do you have an idea if i will be able to travel in late December without getting an approval from international office.

2. How long did it take for you to receive your approval

rebecausoro:

A private company meant to efficiently handle passports is now the cause of mental torture because they can't get things right. How hard is it to efficiently dispatch passports via private courier on a daily basis? They can't even be reached and they hardly reply emails. For my passport again o! Something I paid them for. I just hope they don't force me to take this fight to social media.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jesusrules24: 7:47pm On Dec 02, 2020
Time2soar:

Congratulations @Jesusrules24, Go and do more exploits

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jesusrules24: 8:04pm On Dec 02, 2020
NairaLuck:

Congratulations bro

Thank you. (I'm a lady)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Uriel12: 8:07pm On Dec 02, 2020
Kakokako:

Thank you. You will also celebrate

Amen.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jesusrules24: 8:07pm On Dec 02, 2020
iampaulsmith:
This thing is confusing oo. Some sent to Lagos and got a mail that their passport has been sent to Abuja. You sent your passport to Abuja and still got a mail that it has been sent to Lagos.
But it seems like Abuja is a better option to Lagos. We the upcoming batch dey learn o grin smiley

It was first received in Abuja, before I got a 2nd email saying they have sent it to Lagos. It was quite confusing though.

Yes Abuja is better.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jesusrules24: 8:09pm On Dec 02, 2020
No I did not. I only paid 2 way courier (DHL)
nayo10:
Sorry did you pay in house courier at all?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by samsung007(m): 8:18pm On Dec 02, 2020
Good evening house.Please on this NSE thing,my sponsor is from US and doesn't have account here in Nigeria.

How do I go about it?

SHALOM cheesy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 02, 2020
samsung007:
Good evening house.Please on this NSE thing,my sponsor is from US and doesn't have account here in Nigeria.

How do I go about it?

SHALOM cheesy
there is no way you can go about it than to go through normal routine cheesy

Shalom

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Rootiab: 8:21pm On Dec 02, 2020
Dora14:
My passport just landed ohhh
UPS just delivered
Hallelujah!!!!!!!! THANK YOU LORD
Congrats. I receive this blessing.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ysakaws1: 8:22pm On Dec 02, 2020
For those who have received medical examination instructions before or know what the letter looks like, please I have a question. Does this down part circled in red indicate the date the letter was made by vfs? For example, in this particular one, does it mean the applicant got a medical examination instruction letter on 6-2020 (June 2020)??

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JohnErrin: 8:31pm On Dec 02, 2020
Hello gurus I am in dire need of help!
I got the nse letter and I was given till 1st jan to submit my documents. I have decided to do the ielts exam but the only available date is the 19th of December. I saw on google that the result takes about 13 days to be gotten. So is it wise to do the ielts exam? Because probably I won’t get my results till second week of January and the nse timeframe only allows till the first of jan.
Please guide me on what to do
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by samsung007(m): 8:36pm On Dec 02, 2020
Tonyodg2:
there is no way you can go about it than to go through normal routine cheesy

Shalom

Oh God..Which kind thing be this one?
sad

Thanks brother
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 8:43pm On Dec 02, 2020
samsung007:

How do I go about it?

SHALOM cheesy

Send your sponsor one year bank statement and your ielts and hope for the best, but try to send the closest you have to what they required don't ignore it

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 02, 2020
JohnErrin:
Hello gurus I am in dire need of help!
I got the nse letter and I was given till 1st jan to submit my documents. I have decided to do the ielts exam but the only available date is the 19th of December. I saw on google that the result takes about 13 days to be gotten. So is it wise to do the ielts exam? Because probably I won’t get my results till second week of January and the nse timeframe only allows till the first of jan.
Please guide me on what to do

The computer base test of MOD is practically available everyday of the week and the result comes out within 3 to 5 days, so you have not problem

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by recxa: 8:52pm On Dec 02, 2020
oginnite:
No

Are you going to write the IELTS soon? Or you're not going through the NSE route?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Longjonjoe: 8:55pm On Dec 02, 2020
Debbyiiii:

I applied October 28
I got nse letter last week to submit only ielts without bankstatement

Why didn’t you submit bank statements
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Rootiab: 9:00pm On Dec 02, 2020
Time2soar:

The computer base test of MOD is practically available everyday of the week and the result comes out within 3 to 5 days, so you have not problem
how can I register for the exams?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Longjonjoe: 9:04pm On Dec 02, 2020
JohnErrin:
thinking of going for nse and both of my dads banks UBA and First bank dont offer my-bank-statements, please what can i do regarding this? , can i use the normal bank statements? and if so can i use the same bank statements i submitted for my visa application.
note i submitted october 29th.
And also what ielts exam is recommended academic or general?

UBA offers mybankstatement, i get it every month through email. Do Academic IELTS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Longjonjoe: 9:17pm On Dec 02, 2020
Time2soar:

For NSE you submit normal application with SOP and other documents and then you include one year mybankstatement and ielts, you application will qualify for NSE

I didn’t submit up to a year bank statement nor ielts and i got NSE, even my application is under review like this. This thing na random sumtin and God is involved

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:38pm On Dec 02, 2020
samsung007:

Oh God..Which kind thing be this one?
sad

Thanks brother
omo na so e take be o my brother
No worry you would get it the normal way grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pimp04: 9:45pm On Dec 02, 2020
Where you able to download it or it's not a downloadable file?
Eilenora:
Just received counterfoil guys. wink
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 02, 2020
Rootiab:
how can I register for the exams?
Go to ielts.ng and register, choose yaba as center, it will give you MOD tower and you will have options of everyday, other centers have limited days.

Note also that the computer based test is only available in the Yaba center for now

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Elizdee: 9:59pm On Dec 02, 2020
adeenzo:

I think it’s your total band score that they are after.
Please was eligibility review started before you received this NSE request?? cos I am also a sept applicant and my eligibility review has started since, I am guessing that’s why I didn’t get an NSE request from IRCC.

Yea, eligibility review started

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:59pm On Dec 02, 2020
Longjonjoe:

I didn’t submit up to a year bank statement nor ielts and i got NSE, even my application is under review like this. This thing na random sumtin and God is involved

You got NSE letter because you did not submit those documents, if you had submitted them you will not receive the letter rather your application will just be processed through NSE.

The NSE letter is sent when they start the review of your eligibility though for most people, it does not reflect on their portal
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 10:00pm On Dec 02, 2020
bale98:

Since when did your eligibility review start please.
My eligibility and background started on the 8th of sept, I submitted my application on the 7th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Elizdee: 10:00pm On Dec 02, 2020
Debbyiiii:
did they say 13days or 30days

They said 2020/12/13
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 10:03pm On Dec 02, 2020
Elizdee:

Yea, eligibility review started
Okay, when did you eligibility start? Mine started the next day 8th of sept after I submitted my application 7th of Sept
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Omoawoke: 10:13pm On Dec 02, 2020
Good evening house,

I studied mechanical engineering, bsc.. finished with 2.1 but I've been working at the bank for 4 years now without any engineering work experience.
I want to start a new life in Canada.

Thinking of how to blend my first degree with work experience. I will be 30 next year....
I want to go for an IT related course for msc or diploma, just looking for the easiest route to canada through study and start a new life.
Pls house, I am afraid I I'll make it, is my dream feasible....can I start a new career and build myself in field like business analyst, machine learning or related career....
Any tip no matter how small will be appreciated, am I too late...?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MzWendy: 10:16pm On Dec 02, 2020
Someone should help me please..... I am begging.... We all started from somewhere. Help a JJC please. I need answers to these questions PLEASE...... I’ll share my testimony someday and also be able to assist someone just like I’m pleading now. If there is a WhatsApp group, please can the link be provided PLEASE.....
MzWendy:
Hello good people. I am new here.
* I’m a graduate of Mass Communication with a GP of 3.48 (Graduated 4 years ago and done serving as well)
* I decided to switch career path towards HR after service year. I’m done with CIPM and I have also been inducted, certified & issued a license to fully practice HR in Nigeria.
* Within these 4 years, I’ve had work experience in Customer service and Human Resource/Admin.
* I intend traveling to Canada to obtain a Masters degree in Human Resource Management

Please I need assistance and my questions are as follows;
1. Is there a Canadian University that would accept my GP for masters.
2. If yes, can I get a link to see them? If No, what’s the next step for my GP to be boosted?
3. I’m new here, if someone can share details of due process to follow, I’ll really appreciate.
4. Do I need to write IELTS?
5. Will I be allowed to work while studying?

Please I will appreciate all responses because I’m hopeful that I’ll be in Canada by Fall (September 2021)

Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ayobami2001: 10:24pm On Dec 02, 2020
Yes you can and you will make it!

Please send me a message..let’s rub minds together.

Omoawoke:
Good evening house,

I studied mechanical engineering, bsc.. finished with 2.1 but I've been working at the bank for 4 years now without any engineering work experience.
I want to start a new life in Canada.

Thinking of how to blend my first degree with work experience. I will be 30 next year....
I want to go for an IT related course for msc or diploma, just looking for the easiest route to canada through study and start a new life.
Pls house, I am afraid I I'll make it, is my dream feasible....can I start a new career and build myself in field like business analyst, machine learning or related career....
Any tip no matter how small will be appreciated, am I too late...?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:27pm On Dec 02, 2020
MzWendy:
Hello good people. I am new here.
* I’m a graduate of Mass Communication with a GP of 3.48 (Graduated 4 years ago and done serving as well)
* I decided to switch career path towards HR after service year. I’m done with CIPM and I have also been inducted, certified & issued a license to fully practice HR in Nigeria.
* Within these 4 years, I’ve had work experience in Customer service and Human Resource/Admin.
* I intend traveling to Canada to obtain a Masters degree in Human Resource Management

Please I need assistance and my questions are as follows;
1. Is there a Canadian University that would accept my GP for masters.
2. If yes, can I get a link to see them? If No, what’s the next step for my GP to be boosted?
3. I’m new here, if someone can share details of due process to follow, I’ll really appreciate.
4. Do I need to write IELTS?
5. Will I be allowed to work while studying?
6. Are there Schools offerings scholarships to non-Canadians?

Please I will appreciate all responses because I’m hopeful that I’ll be in Canada by Fall (September 2021)

Thanks in advance.

Since you have work experience in Human Resources Management you are okay to go for a course in HRM but with your GP it might be hard to get admission into master programs but not impossible, you might consider going for a pgd in human resources managements
You do not need IELTS for admission or visa processing but with the new Nigeria Student Express (NSE) processing started by IRCC you are better of writing IELTS and also sending one year bank statement through mybankstatement, it will make your application faster and improve your chances

Yes, you will be allowed to work part time up to 20 hours per week while studying

Yes there are school offering scholarship to non Canadian citizens but you will need good academic credentials because they are usually competitive

(1) (2) (3) ... (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.