Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,186 members, 7,807,630 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:35 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (682) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1154510 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (679) (680) (681) (682) (683) (684) (685) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kimkalash: 1:06pm On Dec 11, 2020
You have no business with the bank but with the airline or agency. Just say u re going to study
BCkeys:
Hi. Please how did you get travel funds. My bank is saying I need to have a two way ticket.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Godsblessings: 1:24pm On Dec 11, 2020
Kimkalash:
Those going through Ethiopian Air next week Friday, let's know ourselves please. I can't survive loneliness on such a long journey abeg
does Ethiopian Airlines req covid 19 test result? if yes , what's the procedure, would like to book it for my sis
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Godsblessings: 1:26pm On Dec 11, 2020
what is needed at the port of entry ? what does the student needs to take along at the port of entry?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olasubomy: 2:00pm On Dec 11, 2020
Please who has travelled with Emirates? what was your experience? was any COVID test result required?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tt4tolu(f): 2:39pm On Dec 11, 2020
Thank you so much
Hello Tt4tolu,

You only have an account (now ineligible) and not an active application since you're still pre-ITA and technically not inside the pool.

If your SP processing is ongoing, then that's the only active application being handled by IRCC. I don't see any worries here, after all, dual intent isn't something new to the VOs.

All the best[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DeeWan: 2:41pm On Dec 11, 2020
Dear all,

I feel like sharing this information with everyone travelling to Canada through Ethiopian Airline. A friend of mine travelled last 2 days and we were at the airport together so I witnessed all what that transpired. For your information, please try as much as possible to get your Enrolment Letter printed out or on your phone to show at the boarding pass collection point. This is extremely important and I mean it. Also, make photocopies of every other school related documents, if possible, make two photocopies of each of the documents. On the issue of BTA, he was only with $50.00. He was not asked at the airport here or over there. He only declared the amount on a yellow form given to him to fill. As regards Covid Test, he was not asked for that at all but he ensured he had a print out of the Arrivecan app receipt.

Hope this information helps!

Cheers!

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dee4Doyinsola: 2:50pm On Dec 11, 2020
Gurus in the house please what does vfs mean by this mail? When I tracked it I saw this message:

The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. bleep has been collected from the Canada Visa Application Centre, Lagos on 2020/12/11.

Sincerely, I can't wait for this vfs season of my life to be over

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kakokako: 2:58pm On Dec 11, 2020
Dee4Doyinsola:
Gurus in the house please what does vfs mean by this mail? Sincerely I can't wait for this vfs season of my life to be over

Well, I think it means you should expect the email indicating that your decision envelope is ready for collection in the next few days. Have you paid for courier fee yet?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Toceenay(m): 2:58pm On Dec 11, 2020
olasubomy:

Good morning, anyone going to UNB, Federicton, lets know ourselves.
Hello, please I sent you a mail... Kindly respond.
Or if possible you can drop your email. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 3:10pm On Dec 11, 2020
Dee4Doyinsola:
Gurus in the house please what does vfs mean by this mail? When I tracked it I saw this message:

The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. bleep has been collected from the Canada Visa Application Centre, Lagos on 2020/12/11.

Please from where did you track your application? The place I tracked mine this is how it comes out, please view the screenshot below.
Anybody in this stage as well.
Please help!!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by chloe3: 3:10pm On Dec 11, 2020
Hello good afternoon everyone. I will be very grateful if someone can help me with proper clarification on this. When applying to university of Saskatchewan for a Postgraduate Diploma course in mechanical engineeany is it necessary to apply for a supervisor since it is a courses Diploma?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Spotlights(m): 3:13pm On Dec 11, 2020
It means your passport has been collected from vfs by the courier service paid for.

Passport enroute to you

Dee4Doyinsola:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 3:19pm On Dec 11, 2020
Spotlights:

It means your passport has been collected from vfs by the courier service paid for.

Passport enroute to you

Hello Spotlight please check my previous post up with the screenshot, please can you enlighten me more about it, and am i using the right portal cos mine seems quite different from everybody else's own.
Do revert, Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by goingforward: 3:25pm On Dec 11, 2020
Hi, yes, we have paid the transmission fee.

Also just to add, Anyone who has family in Canada should send an email to CIC ( I think someone already posted the link).
They are truly prioritizing applications at this time.

My hubby's visa was approved within 2 weeks

He already has OWP and was applying for a renewed visit visa to come back to Canada.

Applied Nov 29th, Approved Dec 10th.

God is faithful.

Chocs:
If he did his biometric for a different application, he’ll have to pay a transmission fee this time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dee4Doyinsola: 3:25pm On Dec 11, 2020
I have received the payment email since Wednesday. I have paid and sent them an email and they confirmed that they have received payment earlier today when I called.
Kakokako:

Well, I think it means you should expect the email indicating that your decision envelope is ready for collection in the next few days. Have you paid for courier fee yet?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dee4Doyinsola: 3:26pm On Dec 11, 2020
Okay, thank you.
Spotlights:

Passport enroute to you

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by BCkeys: 3:45pm On Dec 11, 2020
What other means do you advise?
Insanity:

Honestly, this is a big issue. No dollar for anything at the moment.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dampops(m): 4:07pm On Dec 11, 2020
Calm down...you’ve obviously used the correct tracking platform. Your passport is still being processed at IRCC (Abuja). If this status changes, you’ll get a notification via VFS Global auto-message

adeenzo:

Please from where did you track your application? The place I tracked mine this is how it comes out, please view the screenshot below.
Anybody in this stage as well.
Please help!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Spotlights(m): 4:08pm On Dec 11, 2020
Nothing to worry about as your passport is under process.
Youd definitely get a notification if anything changes.

Chill a bit

adeenzo:

Hello Spotlight please check my previous post up with the screenshot, please can you enlighten me more about it, and am i using the right portal cos mine seems quite different from everybody else's own.
Do revert, Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dampops(m): 4:10pm On Dec 11, 2020
My daughter’s passport just landed...

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Blavkmaann: 4:10pm On Dec 11, 2020
DeeWan:
Dear all,

I feel like sharing this information with everyone travelling to Canada through Ethiopian Airline. A friend of mine travelled last 2 days and we were at the airport together so I witnessed all what that transpired. For your information, please try as much as possible to get your Enrolment Letter printed out or on your phone to show at the boarding pass collection point. This is extremely important and I meant it. Also, make photocopies of every other school related documents, if possible, make two photocopies of each of the documents. On the issue of BTA, he was only with $50.00. He was not asked at the airport here or over there. He only declared the amount on a yellow form given to him to fill. As regards Covid Test, he was not asked for that at all but he ensured he had a print out of the Arrivecan app receipt.

Cheers!

Ive heard so much about this Enrollment letter and I’ve asked my school twice and they keep saying it’s until one resumes school you can’t get It!

I even mailed him again today see Wetin e play me!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kakokako: 4:16pm On Dec 11, 2020
Dee4Doyinsola:
I have received the payment email since Wednesday. I have paid and sent them an email and they confirmed that they have received payment earlier today when I called.

Oh yeah, apologies.
I just received the same email.
I'm heading to Dalhousie from Nigeria, where are you heading?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chikaima18: 4:19pm On Dec 11, 2020
Thank you for this. Please does the enrollment letter mean course registration or something. Please elaborate. Thank you
DeeWan:
Dear all,

I feel like sharing this information with everyone travelling to Canada through Ethiopian Airline. A friend of mine travelled last 2 days and we were at the airport together so I witnessed all what that transpired. For your information, please try as much as possible to get your Enrolment Letter printed out or on your phone to show at the boarding pass collection point. This is extremely important and I meant it. Also, make photocopies of every other school related documents, if possible, make two photocopies of each of the documents. On the issue of BTA, he was only with $50.00. He was not asked at the airport here or over there. He only declared the amount on a yellow form given to him to fill. As regards Covid Test, he was not asked for that at all but he ensured he had a print out of the Arrivecan app receipt.

Cheers!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by evergold(m): 4:25pm On Dec 11, 2020
Dee4Doyinsola:

It means the UPS courier guy has collected it from them and it will soon be on its way to you. Call them on Monday and get your UPS tracking number.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 4:26pm On Dec 11, 2020
Thanks, guys for the response
The rate at which I ask questions on this platform, if people have shotgun they will shoot me grin grin grin grin...
Thanks, all the same, my heart is at rest now, at least by next week passport suppose land grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kakokako: 4:29pm On Dec 11, 2020
adeenzo:
Thanks, guys for the response
The rate at which I ask questions on this platform, if people have shotgun they will shoot me grin grin grin grin...
Thanks, all the same, my heart is at rest now, at least by next week passport suppose land grin grin

Yea...all other things being equal

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 4:31pm On Dec 11, 2020
Yes, I think so. I have read about this process on this platform several months back when folks were still hustling admissions etc. Any Guru to confirm?

gentlejin:
Good day my Honourables in the house,
I want to thank all that have taken time to address issues that concerns our study in Canada dream.

Please I want to ask, I understand that 2 years Post graduate program gives one enough time to process PR. The course I am going for is 1year and I will like to process PR also.

Is it possible for me to enrol to another 1year program immediately I finish the first, and can I use the combination of the 2 program which will now be 2years to process my PR.

Thanks as your inputs are highly needed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DeeWan: 4:32pm On Dec 11, 2020
Chikaima18:
Thank you for this. Please does the enrollment letter mean course registration or something. Please elaborate. Thank you

The Enrolment letter is for various purposes. You can mail your school to inform them that it is needed for immigration purpose and let them know the implication if not provided at the airport. It almost cost my friend his flight. Please get it and take along to the airport. You can as well check your school's portal for it. You've come this far and can't leave anything to chance at this point. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by FifthTribe: 4:39pm On Dec 11, 2020
Please I just got a mail that I qualify for nigeria student express that I should provide ielts Nd bank statement....pls what does it mean....then my ielts result shows 2 dates dec 15 2018 exam date and feb 1st 2019 date remark was issued...which of the date does it expire after 2 years....help please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Celoexpress: 4:48pm On Dec 11, 2020
Please advise on the email to send to CIC and the email address to send it to.

Also, do you think a citizen from Canada sending them a mail fastens the study permit application from here.

Please advise.

goingforward:
Hi, yes, we have paid the transmission fee.

Also just to add, Anyone who has family in Canada should send an email to CIC ( I think someone already posted the link).
They are truly prioritizing applications at this time.

My hubby's visa was approved within 2 weeks

He already has OWP and was applying for a renewed visit visa to come back to Canada.

Applied Nov 29th, Approved Dec 10th.

God is faithful.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 4:50pm On Dec 11, 2020
Don't stress yourself. Both dates are still within 2 years expiry until 3 more days from now (for the 15th Dec 2018). So go ahead and send now. Don't delay. I hope the bank statement part s ready too so you can do both together now. But even if the bank statement is not ready, I think you should update that immediately while you wait to send the bank statement before the window is over. My own foolish opinion though!

FifthTribe:
Please I just got a mail that I qualify for nigeria student express that I should provide ielts Nd bank statement....pls what does it mean....then my ielts result shows 2 dates dec 15 2018 exam date and feb 1st 2019 date remark was issued...which of the date does it expire after 2 years....help please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by FifthTribe: 4:53pm On Dec 11, 2020
Akannitommy:
Don't stress yourself. Both dates are still within 2 years expiry until 3 more days from now (for the 15th Dec 2018). So go ahead and send now. Don't delay. I hope the bank statement part s ready too so you can do both together now. But even if the bank statement is not ready, I think you should update that immediately while you wait to send the bank statement before the window is over. My own foolish opinion though!

Please is the mail of Nigeria student express for all applicant or a selected few...

(1) (2) (3) ... (679) (680) (681) (682) (683) (684) (685) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.