Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,796 members, 7,798,689 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:35 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (683) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1147431 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (680) (681) (682) (683) (684) (685) (686) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by teminhi: 4:57pm On Dec 11, 2020
Finally, my passport in the palms of my hands!!!

See devil at work... Dispatch arrives, mistake made on the phone number written on the package, ...44 instead of...94. Dispatch calls number and that one says he doesn't have any business with UPS. Mogbe!!! In fact, dispatch already updated tracking site as 'no one to receive package' something like that.
Fortunately, someone saw dispatch rider as he was about leaving and ask which address he was looking for and gave him the correct number (my angel). Long story short, Nigerian passport hasn't been so beautiful as it is to me right now.

Thanks to everyone who has been of help here. I found this thread after submitting my application but this platform taught me everything I know about the process after submission. Frank, justwise etc God bless you all.
To everyone looking forward to a day like this, heaven will open up to you and your joy will rain down on you heavily.

Oya make I go pack my load finish, I hear the cold no be here for Kamloops right now.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 5:02pm On Dec 11, 2020
I didn't get the mail because I applied in August and am almost done with the process before they started sending out the NSE letter. From the flurry of info we get here about NSE in the past 1 month or thereabout, I want to think most SP applicant since November (who meet certain criteria - we do not know yet) will get the NSE letter/request but they can opt out by not responding to it.

FifthTribe:

Please is the mail of Nigeria student express for all applicant or a selected few...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Longjonjoe: 5:09pm On Dec 11, 2020
kelvine95:

Use a laptop bro. It will be easier to navigate with a laptop.

That is what I’m using!
I called and they said its a technical problem, i should recheck it later
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ConradAce1(m): 5:12pm On Dec 11, 2020
Blavkmaann:
Una wey Dey travel now, please it won’t take u anything, sweep that country for us, clean everywhere, I don’t like cobwebs, please all the Bus-Stops note those places, all the Canadian agberos help me tell them MC Oluomo our national chairman said that his money should be complete!

Also erm, I need a house in Lekki, like the Lekki of Canada, better still, canada Island.....

Please help me tell the Governor of Montreal that I don’t want to hear that ASUU of Canada is on strike, he should pay them before I come

Then Onions, iono how y’all all fix that, we sha need cheap onions

CANTMA -Canada Transport management agency, please help me ask them how much to run driver’s license German German (fake one)

Then the oga kpata kpata Of them All..... I need sure dealer, Wey Dey deliver 24/7, I no wan hear say e Dey traffic oooo!
D rest things we go work am once we come in,

I go follow God is Good talk make I Know when our journey wan start!

For those who are interested, it’s just 2540 only, Lagos to Canada! The bus will stop at Toronto Bus-stop, back of Nitel

In God we trust

Hahaha. I swear, you will be missed on this forum. Your caliber is something else.
Thanks for keep us all tight.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ConradAce1(m): 5:16pm On Dec 11, 2020
JayLaw2:
I got my passport back today. It’s exactly a month since I submitted it to Lagos VFS. So happy to be free from those guys. cheesy

Congrats
Please do you mine sharing your profile as in the followings;
1. School program you went in for & previous education ?
2. Sponsorship was it dad, mum, uncle or friend
3. Others tips that helped out.
It would help some of us a lot & we are going to be appreciative.
Regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ConradAce1(m): 5:22pm On Dec 11, 2020
adeenzo:
Thanks, guys for the response
The rate at which I ask questions on this platform, if people have shotgun they will shoot me grin grin grin grin...
Thanks, all the same, my heart is at rest now, at least by next week passport suppose land grin grin

Congrats. Please kindly share your profile for some of us who aspire.
Regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 5:26pm On Dec 11, 2020
adeenzo:

Please from where did you track your application? The place I tracked mine this is how it comes out, please view the screenshot below.
Anybody in this stage as well.
Please help!!!
Was in this stage two days ago, but it now reads dispatched to CVAC ie lekki, but they've not received it yet. Maybe this weekend, hopefully next week we'll got something positive

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by FifthTribe: 5:42pm On Dec 11, 2020
Akannitommy:
I didn't get the mail because I applied in August and am almost done with the process before they started sending out the NSE letter. From the flurry of info we get here about NSE in the past 1 month or thereabout, I want to think most SP applicant since November (who meet certain criteria - we do not know yet) will get the NSE letter/request but they can opt out by not responding to it.

Thank very very much for your reply.....I didn’t see my bank(first bank in the list of banks available for the “MYSTATEMENT” ....what do I do? Walk into my bank and request it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 5:53pm On Dec 11, 2020
I suggest you read through the last 10-pages and see example of someone who had crossed that hurdle.

FifthTribe:

Thank very very much for your reply.....I didn’t see my bank(first bank in the list of banks available for the “MYSTATEMENT” ....what do I do? Walk into my bank and request it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dee4Doyinsola: 5:55pm On Dec 11, 2020
Thanks for explaining to me smiley
evergold:

It means the UPS courier guy has collected it from them and it will soon be on its way to you. Call them on Monday and get your UPS tracking number.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dee4Doyinsola: 5:59pm On Dec 11, 2020
Saint Mary's University Halifax. When do you intend to leave?
Kakokako:

Oh yeah, apologies.
I just received the same email.
I'm heading to Dalhousie from Nigeria, where are you heading?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by OtunbaTee(m): 6:12pm On Dec 11, 2020
FifthTribe:

Someone printed the normal bank statement and got it stamped at the bank,uploaded it with an explanation that her sponsors bank isnt on the list. Also sent a copy to the candian embassy....some few threads back sha

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kakokako: 6:34pm On Dec 11, 2020
Dee4Doyinsola:
Saint Mary's University Halifax. When do you intend to leave?

I'll be leaving next week
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Blavkmaann: 6:59pm On Dec 11, 2020
teminhi:

See devil at work... Dispatch arrives, mistake made on the phone number written on the package, ...44 instead of...94. Dispatch calls number and that one says he doesn't have any business with UPS. Mogbe!!! In fact, dispatch already updated tracking site as 'no one to receive package' something like that.
Fortunately, someone saw dispatch rider as he was about leaving and ask which address he was looking for and gave him the correct number (my angel). Long story short, Nigerian passport hasn't been so beautiful as it is to me right now.

Thanks to everyone who has been of help here. I found this thread after submitting my application but this platform taught me everything I know about the process after submission. Frank, justwise etc God bless you all.
To everyone looking forward to a day like this, heaven will open up to you and your joy will rain down on you heavily.

Oya make I go pack my load finish, I hear the cold no be here for Kamloops right now.

I swear
Your passport go come fine! First fine thing about Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Mmesomamichael: 7:04pm On Dec 11, 2020
teminhi:

Wetin u take show UPS man as collection slip?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Rootiab: 7:12pm On Dec 11, 2020
teminhi:

Congrats. Amen

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Elizdee: 7:41pm On Dec 11, 2020
Hello!!!

Please is there anyone going to ALGOMA University
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by TeeMade: 8:11pm On Dec 11, 2020
Thanks alot JustMellow. I receive wisdom and grace to act fast.

JustMellow:

Hello TeeMade,

Don't beat yourself up for nothing. Go ahead and do the needful. If it will keep your mind at ease, attach an LOE whih in my opinion is not needed.

Its their responsibility to verify the authenticity of your TRF from the Test body that organized the exact.

This same situation you're now is similar to someone that did an upfront medicals and ticked NO for it in the questionnaire and still go ahead to submit the same e-slip after medical is requested.

Waste no time and act ASAP.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 8:21pm On Dec 11, 2020
I'm in St. John's now after 20 hours of flight from Lagos to St John's via Addis Ababa, Dublin, and Toronto. I was so tired that I just entered my room and slept off. I couldn't even celebrate my landing. Gist is loading soon...

35 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by TeeMade: 8:21pm On Dec 11, 2020
Wow! The NSE request came right on time. Thanks for the words of encouragement, ama do the needful, already working on it sef.

It will surely end in praise for us all...

awys:

Am telling you just took the words from my mouth it's their duty to verify the results calm your nerves down my dear and submit the requirements all I did was to attach an LOE too that I had ticked no thinking it's academic that's being asked and submitted the explanation and the general training test I did last year we just worry for nothing you don't even know whether they won't even send whether you ticked no or yes please upload something and attach the LOE God will help us these VOs look at things differently the way we look at it just back it up with prayers and grace of God.There was someone here that uploaded his results like
that with 5.5 in reading and said he backed it up with grace of God with boldness with God nothing is impossible he does things in a mysterious ways that's why he is God.
Now let me say this when I submitted my application initially I didn't include my SPONSOR'S statement and explanation I wanted to do I was a bit worried so I decided I would raise a webform and include it the day the statement was ready and was about raising the webform.That was the day I got the NSE requirements I just said thank God this is an opportunity to include it as my proof of Financial Support but before then I was getting myself worked up so God works in different ways we can't even imagine.So relax and send what you need to send.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 8:26pm On Dec 11, 2020
Thank you for the update and thank God for journey mercies. Awaiting your full gist when you are well rested!

rebecausoro:
I'm in St. John's now after 20 hours of flight from Lagos to St John's via Addis Ababa, Dublin, and Toronto. I was so tired that I just entered my room and slept off. I couldn't even celebrate my landing. Gist is loading soon...

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadeMan01(m): 8:40pm On Dec 11, 2020
rebecausoro:

We dey wait for you. Drink enough water

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Rootiab: 9:05pm On Dec 11, 2020
rebecausoro:
wow. Thank God for safe journey, can't wait for the gist

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Longjonjoe: 9:11pm On Dec 11, 2020
rebecausoro:

Good one. Rest well
Did you use a one way ticket or with a return ticket as well

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sleekigboguy: 9:31pm On Dec 11, 2020
teminhi:

Sorry when did you submit your passport??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by TeeMade: 9:33pm On Dec 11, 2020
My sponsor's bank too is FBN and attempts to get them to send to IRCC via courier proved abortive. So I just printed the bank statement and got them to stamp and sign on every page. This one sef na with quarrel oh cos they insisted that they only stamp and sign first and last page but I didn't take that for an answer at all.
If they can't provide the requested document, can't send via courier, the least they can do is stamp and sign each page. So they eventually did that.

I also got them to give me a reference letter to back up the statement for credibility purposes, which ofcourse they stamped and signed.

I also added a brief explanation about this on the letter that I'm sending to them.

All the best...

FifthTribe:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JayLaw2: 9:39pm On Dec 11, 2020
ConradAce1:

Congrats
Please do you mine sharing your profile as in the followings;
1. School program you went in for & previous education ?
2. Sponsorship was it dad, mum, uncle or friend
3. Others tips that helped out.
It would help some of us a lot & we are going to be appreciative.
Regards.
Humber College, Public relations. Previous education was Bachelors-Mass Communication. I'm self sponsored. Got an introduction letter from my office stating study leave approval and resumption date. cheesy Had a 10-year study gap but I have been working right from leaving school so was able to justify that with all employment appointment letters. I believe I also had a very detailed letter of explanation too. For everything I stated in the LOE, I had documents as proof including picture evidence where necessary.
At the end, no application is perfect. Pray for grace! It will end in praise for you and everyone still expecting an approval.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ojzreal(m): 10:05pm On Dec 11, 2020
Good evening guys

Please those who just travelled and fill the ArriveCAN application, how did you go about the part that says Canadian phone number required! Please and please kindly advice as I don’t have anyone who can purchase a line for me, should I just fill my naija number or I should leave it blank

Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by FifthTribe: 10:09pm On Dec 11, 2020
TeeMade:
My sponsor's bank too is FBN and attempts to get them to send to IRCC via courier proved abortive. So I just printed the bank statement and got them to stamp and sign on every page. This one sef na with quarrel oh cos they insisted that they only stamp and sign first and last page but I didn't take that for an answer at all.
If they can't provide the requested document, can't send via courier, the least they can do is stamp and sign each page. So they eventually did that.

I also got them to give me a reference letter to back up the statement for credibility purposes, which ofcourse they stamped and signed.

I also added a brief explanation about this on the letter that I'm sending to them.

All the best...

Thank you for your reply. Can I submit my statement alongside my sponsor....cause most of the money is in my account?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tcrown2020(f): 10:30pm On Dec 11, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Her chances of approval is good. However, she can opt for a direct bachelor's program to further increase her chances of getting a study permit. More so, considering that she is below 18, she will require a custodian within the school premises for her visa application.

It will end in praise
. Thanks & God bless . She would have opted for the degree directly but the 4 year cost is too much . She already has a guardian at Alberta . God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ikechuqu: 10:46pm On Dec 11, 2020
Good evening ooo, pls I’ve got my stamped passport but still haven’t received my LOI for over 3weeks now and I intend to travel in a few weeks. All web form raised and emails sent to no avail.

Is it possible to go to the Embassy on VI with my stamped passport to try get someone to attend to my case?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by kelvine95: 10:51pm On Dec 11, 2020
What's the estimated time it takes for IRCC to review one application and send a verdict? My eligibility review started tonight, though I didn't submit the whole mybankstatement stuff cos I am not self funding.

(1) (2) (3) ... (680) (681) (682) (683) (684) (685) (686) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.