Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,121 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (693) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1155095 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 10:08am On Dec 14, 2020
Akannitommy:
I suggest you change your ticket. I sent my own passport since November 3rd to Lagos VFS. I have had to change my planned travel from 17th to 26th already. It is too tight between now and 18th - that's just 4-days.

Thanks, now the issue is which date to change it to, if I push it to 26th, what's the possibility will I get my passport before that time again...
everything na struggle for this country sha.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Omanda: 10:19am On Dec 14, 2020
I only got NSE Request
davo99:
Hi guys, please has anyone that submitted in November gotten PPR yet?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 10:20am On Dec 14, 2020
rebecausoro:
Complete landing gist

I flew from Uyo to Lagos on Tuesday evening and I stayed with a family friend for the night. I arrived the airport around 10am for a flight of 1.40pm. I thought I was early until I saw the queue. Quick tip: even if your flight is for 6pm, get to the airport around 12pm and stay there till they are ready for you cheesy.

Ethiopian airlines usually do manual verifications of all students travelling to Canada. You really need to be there on time for this because the man doing it is slow and doesn't care about your time. He asked for proof of enrollment, admission letter, ArriveCAN slip, and visa page. Please make at least two copies of all of these too. After showing him, he'll snap and then send to someone via WhatsApp to verify. Once confirmed, your passport will be given a number and you'll then proceed to where it will be scanned again for secondary verification. After this stage, you will then go to where you can get a boarding pass.

The plane left Lagos around 2pm. I was seated at the back and had space to stretch legs smiley. We got to Addis Ababa around 7pm (Nigeria time) and then we entered a long queue for onward movement. From Addis Ababa, we went to Dublin for refueling and then to Toronto. Upon arrival, we talk a long walk (very long o) and got to immigration people. The woman that attended to me asked for these (in the following order):
1. Declaration slip (will be given to you in the airplane)
2. Passport
3. LOI
4. Student Status letter (enrolment letter)
5. School fees/tuition receipt
6. ArriveCAN page (apparently, I didn't even fill my own well and was delayed for a while. Make sure you fill yours well)
7. POF
8. LOA

She asked me the following:
Which department were you admitted into?
Why did you choose MUN?
What is your name?

Then she took my finger prints and issued me a Study Permit for 3 years (my program is for 2 years but I don't know why it was issued in excess).

I went to wait board a St John's flight after a long wait at the airport. Got to St. John without qualms. Reach my apartment, checked in and slept off.

Exams start on Monday. Canada is beautiful and nice. I love the place. Good luck to all who are applying or will soon come.

It has ended in praises.

Hello Rebecausoro,

Been a long while I read landing gists from prospect students in an open forum.

Hope the CBSA agent that screened you at the POE smiled at least. Did the agent request (directly) for all those documents?

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 10:29am On Dec 14, 2020
Akannitommy:
Good morning all,

I have decided to dedicate this week to harass VFS Lagos so that I can get back my passport. Those we submitted together either have their passports or are already in Canada. In fact, some who submitted after me have also got theirs back. I will be using phone calls and emails or even twitter if necessary.

Please if you have confirmed details of any of these contact modes that have proofed successful, kindly share with me. For instance, which phone numbers or email addresses are most reliable and what specific auto-redial app for android have you used?

Good Morning Hon. Akanni,

The representative told me the last time I called that passports are not treated sequentially by IRCC, that they even always allow to have Passports in Bulks before sending it to VFS Office in Lekki.

Its very obvious VFS Global Canada don't respond to mails but Calls, any time a mail is sent to them, they only send an automated response

To reach out to VFS LAGOS via calls, use the following number.

Note: I heard using a GLO number to call them is the best so as to avoid the YOUR NUMBER IS NOT ALLOCATED scenerio

- VFS Global Canada - +2348150199900, Press 1, Listening to the Long Speech, then after that Press 8 to connect with a Representative

- VFS Global Nigeria (General) - 08150188800
Call this no., then select South Africa, and when it is picked tell the representative to connect you with VFS Canada

Find attached the Auto Redial you should download at PlayStore

After downloading, install it, open it &
Set NUMBER OF CALLS to 200 or more

INTERVAL BETWEEN CALLS - 5 secs

Then click on START to initiate the call

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Babyboy2020: 10:32am On Dec 14, 2020
kelvine95:
I was denied Visa this morning base on home ties and financial status. I want to order for my gcms notes, but I am not sure I will re-apply, since I am going there as fully funded.

what did you submit for your application... so we can help you analyze it properly

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 10:38am On Dec 14, 2020
Thanks Chief! We die there this week. I got them this morning already and will start another round of call again.

Lekiboboe:

Good Morning Hon. Akanni,

The representative told me the last time I called that passports are not treated sequentially by IRCC, that they even always allow to have Passports in Bulks before sending it to VFS Office in Lekki.

Its very obvious VFS Global Canada don't respond to mails but Calls, any time a mail is sent to them, they only send an automated response

To reach out to VFS LAGOS via calls, use the following number.

Note: I heard using a GLO number to call them is the best so as to avoid the YOUR NUMBER IS NOT ALLOCATED scenerio

- VFS Global Canada - +2348150199900, Press 1, Listening to the Long Speech, then after that Press 8 to connect with a Representative

- VFS Global Nigeria (General) - 08150188800
Call this no., then select South Africa, and when it is picked tell the representative to connect you with VFS Canada

Find attached the Auto Redial you should download at PlayStore

After downloading, install it, open it &
Set NUMBER OF CALLS to 200 or more

INTERVAL BETWEEN CALLS - 5 secs

Then click on START to initiate the call

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Babyboy2020: 10:52am On Dec 14, 2020
OtunbaTee:

Sorry to hear about this, I've been in your shoes b4. .but I summoned courage to reapply. . Don't be discouraged write a 7page LOE and reapply. .it will end in praise...you initially got the NSE request I guess? ??

where you given?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by OtunbaTee(m): 10:53am On Dec 14, 2020
kelvine95:
I got the NSE in November and my study permit was reviewed between Friday and today, even without me responding to it. Though I later uploaded my IELTS result.

I don't think the NSE has anything to do with me being refused a study permit. I have a very unique story, and it is quite reasonable for Vo to think that I won't return home. I am the only child of my mum who bears different last name as me, and my dad is late since I was in jss1, unfortunately I didn't inherit anything from him, since his wonderful sisters had their way. Also, I couldn't get study leave from my work place, since I work for a private firm. I added my mum's land and an affidavit from her. I also added my half sister's birth certificate, this was technically the major home ties I had.

Bro don't give up...try re-apply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by OtunbaTee(m): 10:57am On Dec 14, 2020
Babyboy2020:

where you given?
Reapplied Oct 8th. Awaiting a response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 10:58am On Dec 14, 2020
Akannitommy:
Thanks Chief! We die there this week. I got them this morning already and will start another round of call again.

You are welcome

Na the new level be that ooo Hon. Akanni

Ok, Make sense

By GOD'S Grace this week, it will end in praises

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 11:02am On Dec 14, 2020
Blavkmaann:
The only thing I don’t have here is the ENROLLMENT LETTER...... my school kuku day DEM no Dey give!

Who is in this lorry abeg!

Rebecca, Wa bo khian! Welcome
Ahn ahn, see Trips! We were fasting and praying, holing it down here for you, I said “father, if I be a man of the most high, you will reach and be tired” lo and behold, God show e sef.....

In God we trust

Óvbiédo wé khin?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 11:03am On Dec 14, 2020
Amen and thanks for the prompt, useful response as always.

Lekiboboe:

You are welcome

Na the new level be that ooo Hon. Akanni

Ok, Make sense

By GOD'S Grace this week, it will end in praises

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by badmanjo(m): 11:05am On Dec 14, 2020
Was WES evaluation required in the requirements for the course? tho I applied since 2nd week of November through an agency but haven't received admission confirmation yet

Olayinkaji:

Project Management. I only saw the requirements, yet to apply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 11:12am On Dec 14, 2020
Obanidavid:

Hello @Fratermathy, my colleague and friend all through the journey Lagos airport to Toronto. Rebecca has said it all. I am also cooling off now after the long wait to join the flight to St. John's. Apparently, Rebecca was on the same flight with me till St. John's that I thought I was the only black man on board that very night.

Canadian are very friendly people I must confess, I had no stress, not even was my baggage checked. The protocol at the immigration was less than 10minutes for me. I was only asked if I have paid my tuition with receipt to show, arriveCAN on my phone and LOA. That's it, my study permit was issued.

Finally, at St. John's, someone was already waiting to pick me as assigned by the MUN Internationalization office who happened to be a Nigerian and a Yoruba man as well, easy was the ride as I found myself sitter alone in the owners corner of a 2018 Toyota Camry taxi.

Hello Obanidavid,

Enjoy your victory. The CBSA agent that screened you seems to be in good mood than the agent who screened Rebecca. Wish you well in your endeavours.

All the best

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 11:18am On Dec 14, 2020
Chikaima18:
Hello everyone, please Is Post degree diploma acceptable and can be counted as moving forward after BSc for someone that graduated with a 2:2? Thank you

Hello Chikaima18,

Yes, it is. All you need to do is demonstrate or prove it to the VO.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 11:24am On Dec 14, 2020
unclepopo2:
Please guys i need help!!! I can't reapply if I don't know what's going on and it's taking forever

Good morning guys, please i need your help, i requested for GMCS note since 29th of September, got a mail that it was being processed, first week in November nothing still from ircc, so i sent a mail asking for update, i was told due to the corona virus, processing has been slow, till yesterday, still no response from them, so i decided to send a mail and i got a response yesterday saying a query has been sent to ircc asking for an update, please any idea why the delay? It's been over 2 months, is it always like this?

Hello Unclepopo2,

Yes, the delay could sometimes be up to 60 days as once experienced (before now). If possible, use another third party site to request for it again.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 11:35am On Dec 14, 2020
mike8804:
As a crop farm manager, do I have a better chance to get the work visa or I should consider acquiring another skill? And if am to consider another skill, pls give me an example, am also considering truck driving

Hello Mike8804,

Canada has Agric-Pilot programs especially in the Atlantic province. Agriculture NOCs are in-demand in most province in Canada. You consider consider the PNP route. Go to each proving website are read on which NOC is in demand and whether it falls within your purview.

PNP application of recent in some provinces now requires a job offer to be considered–taking Alberta as an example. However, do some researching to understand more about the pathway and process.

In general, from outside Canada, getting a job offer is almost bone-breaking.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 11:39am On Dec 14, 2020
iampaulsmith:
My school told me it should be from the same account but it should be a recent SOA i.e it should be printed again to show the funds till the most recent week, say two weeks before your flight.
However, let’s wait for advice from those that just travelled.

Hello Iampaulsmith,

The people I know that have travelled recently never had one on them. You don't have to listen to this piece. Getting one won't cost you except in the obvious.

All the best

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Babyboy2020: 11:42am On Dec 14, 2020
hope4brym:

The mybankstatement certificate is a typical request when you're sent the NSE letter. I'm told FirstBank will be onboarded soon.

how soon?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Babyboy2020: 11:51am On Dec 14, 2020
Omanda:
I only got NSE Request

I only got NSE Request too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 11:53am On Dec 14, 2020
Olayinkaji:

Sorry did you use WES for your certificate translation or you used notarized results.

Hello Olayinkaji,

I don't think WES translate or notarize certificates. I believe you meant to say evaluate. If so, WES does certificate evaluation and its the fastest when compare to other ECA bodies but yet, they could still be unpredictable like IRCC.

There is no need to notarize or evaluate with WES for Canada study visa.

All the best

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Babyboy2020: 11:58am On Dec 14, 2020
Hello guys I called the mybankstatement Customer support line and I was told that they will implement the policy soon(most likey two weeks from now ) for other banks that are not listed on their official website yet.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Hamilah11(f): 12:07pm On Dec 14, 2020
Hi guys. I just received a mail from vfs global now.

"The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. 20201127***** has been received from the IRCC Office on 12/14/2020 10:53:52 AM at the Canada Visa Application Centre, Canada Visa Application Centre, Lagos and is ready for collection."

To those that submitted to vfs lagos and used 2way, how long did it take to receive your passport back after receiving this mail? And do I need to call vfs global regarding the collection? Did you have to pay the vfs courier fee too? Kindly let me know what to do next. Thank you.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 12:07pm On Dec 14, 2020
Rootiab:
honestly I don't know why you guys keep saying when someone has 2.2 he can't get admission for master's. I know people who had 2.2 and with there experience and sop they got admission, rather you can say let him apply for both pgd and masters in different schools and see the outcome

Hello Rootiab,

Its not appropriate to advice prospect students to apply with a 2.2 to Universities except that person has time and funds at disposal, and other academic resources to warrant a shot.

Out of the obvious and despite the outcome, a good advice isn't all necessarily bad for as long as a lesson was learnt and an awareness passed. Don't make the advice seem wrong.

One love!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 12:11pm On Dec 14, 2020
badmanjo:
Was WES evaluation required in the requirements for the course? tho I applied since 2nd week of November through an agency but haven't received admission confirmation yet

It was written on the site. I am yet to apply, i was only checking the requirements needed. I saw the translation of results. When you applied, did you use WES?
Again, the fees are on the high side about 17k CAD is my fee, and I am meant to pay about 8k. I dey shake like this.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 12:11pm On Dec 14, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Olayinkaji,

I don't think WES translate or notarize certificates. I believe you meant to say evaluate. If so, WES does certificate evaluation and its the fastest when compare to other ECA bodies but yet, they could still be unpredictable like IRCC.

There is no need to notarize or evaluate with WES for Canada study visa.

All the best

Alright Chief, thank you for your reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 12:13pm On Dec 14, 2020
recxa:
Hey guys. So I got that NSE letter and I was able to get a 7.5 overall in IELTS after 4 days of preparation lol. The problem now is that I haven't gotten the Test Results Form(certificate). Do I go to the place I wrote it to request for it, or I wait for the courier to bring it? cuz I need to submit the results ASAP. Thanks.

Hello Recxa,

If you wrote with MOD/IDP and if the TRF has been released, you can use the softcopy uploaded to your account or wait for it to be courier if you still have time.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akby(m): 12:16pm On Dec 14, 2020
Hi guys,

Just got a mail that my Visa is ready for collection at VFS office, Lagos. How can I pick it up please? I think I would have to pay too

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mike8804: 12:17pm On Dec 14, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Mike8804,

Canada has Agric-Pilot programs especially in the Atlantic province. Agriculture NOCs are in-demand in most province in Canada. You consider consider the PNP route. Go to each proving website are read on which NOC is in demand and whether it falls within your purview.

PNP application of recent in some provinces now requires a job offer to be considered–taking Alberta as an example. However, do some researching to understand more about the pathway and process.

In general, from outside Canada, getting a job offer is almost bone-breaking.

All the best

thanks alot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 12:18pm On Dec 14, 2020
nifnifemi:
Hello guys

Which of the IELTS do you need to take if VO request that your visa can be processed through NSE.

I want to start preparing for the general one since it can used for PR also.

Nifnifemi,

If PR is the reason for wanting to take the GT, it will expire before then. It only stays for 2yrs.

All the best.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 12:22pm On Dec 14, 2020
TeeMade:
Guys it has happened ooohhh... Please what do you do if you can't find your IELTS result that was delivered to you through courier

Is there way to download it from the Test Portal? It's British Council, please I need answers urgently. Village people have got nothing on me mhen!

Thank you.

Hello TeeMade,

You can download the softcopy.

All the best

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 12:39pm On Dec 14, 2020
Hi,

It seems it is only "werey" that can work for this VFS Lagos people. But it is so unfortunate that we have to call before they will do their job.

As planned, I called on 08150199900 and got through once then spoke with a guy around 10:00am. He said he would check physically if it is in their office and also ask the account unit to verify my payment. I told him my passport is already in their office as several people in my batch are already in Canada. I promised him I will call back by 12noon and all day including all week if possible. I have lost money from changing ticket twice which is true. He said if every thing checks out, they will hand to UPS on Wednesday and it will take 3 days to reach me.

Then I got three emails an hour later within 2 minutes.

The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No************ blah blah blah
"(1) ...............has been received from the IRCC Office on 12/14/2020 11:00:41 AM and will be dispatched to...
(2) ..............has been received from the IRCC Office on 12/14/2020 11:01:01 AM and has been dispatched to..
(3) .............has been received from the IRCC Office on 12/14/2020 11:02:09 AM at the VAC, Lagos and is ready for collection.

I plan to call back again so they can confirm my payment and give me aws#

We die there today

(1) (2) (3) ... (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67