Stats: 3,147,909 members, 7,799,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (704) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1147563 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (701) (702) (703) (704) (705) (706) (707) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by justwise(m): 9:43pm On Dec 15, 2020
Akannitommy:
@Justwise, we have also called for a thread that is specifically meant for "new students arriving Canada". The "living in Canada" thread is not directly relevant to our situation post-approval. Most of the time, discussions on that page are for PR folks. Please help look into it. Gracias, Chiefo!

This thread is the same https://www.nairaland.com/863690/nigerian-students-canada-how-survive

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 15, 2020
Ayobami2001:
Hello House

Im flying with KLM in a few weeks. Is there anyone that has flown with KLM confirm if COVID test was required?
Same here, I don't think it is required though

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Insanity(m): 10:36pm On Dec 15, 2020
Anamekele:
Please who have idea about the charges that CIBC bank charge for tuition fees

Depends on the option you chose on their website. Is the transaction going to be generated from Nigeria? Is it bank wire (formA) or debit card? CIBC is one of, if not, the best for international transfers for tuition. I just did formA through my bank with my CIBC instruction sheet and the charges I received today are N500 for FormA and N4000 for Telex. Exchange rate of approximately N395.

Goodluck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pimp04: 10:47pm On Dec 15, 2020
Guys pls I'm traveling using KLM next weekend, is yellow card vaccine required? Pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SonOfaNobody(m): 11:13pm On Dec 15, 2020
Uzomachukwu:

Nope!

Interesting. I asked because I submitted my upfront medical slip in September only to get a medical request in December.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Rootiab: 11:19pm On Dec 15, 2020
Guys!!!! I can't shout. My ielts results is out and I passed.
I'm so happy I'm going to Canada. Yaaaaaaay

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 11:21pm On Dec 15, 2020
No, it is not required
Pimp04:
Guys pls I'm traveling using KLM next weekend, is yellow card vaccine required? Pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by OtunbaTee(m): 11:43pm On Dec 15, 2020
Rootiab:
Guys!!!! I can't shout. My ielts results is out and I passed.
I'm so happy I'm going to Canada. Yaaaaaaay
wow...congrats

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dpontiff(m): 11:49pm On Dec 15, 2020
Good evening everyone,
Pls I need a clarification.i got an admission at Bow valley college Calgary,I am preparing my documents for study permit application by January.
Now,I intend sponsoring myself for my studies
I have a business, registered company which i am the managing Director,I have been paying myself monthly salary from the corporate acct to my savings account building up the POF, though the savings account has been busy on daily basis cos I use it for my daily transactions.

In my SOP I mentioned that I have a company, as part of my home ties and a landed property as well as my family.

I intend showing my CAC certificate but I don't have a tax clearance certificate to show i have been paying tax, will it affect me?

Since I am the one sponsoring myself do I need to present an affidavit of support?

Pls what other documents do i need as a back up?.
I want to also know which IELTS is needed for NSE option Academic or General ?

Thanks you guys
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dame24: 12:04am On Dec 16, 2020
Pimp04:
Is yellow card required or requested please?
Not at all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by TeeMade: 12:07am On Dec 16, 2020
Hi,

I dont think it should be more than 30days cos alot could have changed in 60days. From the info I gathered, its 30days maximum.

The gurus here can throw more light on this though.

All the best...

Babyboy2020:
Pls what if someone submit a statement of account 2 months after collecting from the bank ...hope it doesn’t have any negative effect?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NEYOT88: 12:24am On Dec 16, 2020
Hello Everyone,pls kindly advise me as i want to apply for Student Visa in Canada,I have a 6months old baby and a toddler,I have a valid Canada Tourist Visa to expire in 2023,my toddler also have a valid tourist visa to expire in 2022,my husband's Visa has expired and my infant doesn't have a visa yet.Can i apply with my Husband and my 6months old while applying for my student visa or I apply alone first and apply for Hubby and my Infant after I might have gotten my study permit?Elders in the house, I need your advice.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anamekele: 5:31am On Dec 16, 2020
deepwater:

What options are your school presenting ?
Cibc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JosephYemsol(m): 7:10am On Dec 16, 2020
AyoitsMub:
But you can do your IELTS without the medicals or am I missing something?
Question is, can I do my Medicals before commencing visa application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jonosas: 7:11am On Dec 16, 2020
deepwater:

Nigerians are eligible for this
Check with CIBC
Just that it must be a minimum of 10k CAD
they will send you form and wire instructions and your bank account details
Funds must be by wire
You would get your GIC in few days.
When doing GIC make sure to your local bank fill the form accurately as specified.
Get your TELEX/ SWIFT copy from them as well (charges apply)

On point.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anamekele: 7:16am On Dec 16, 2020
Insanity:

Depends on the option you chose on their website. Is the transaction going to be generated from Nigeria? Is it bank wire (formA) or debit card? CIBC is one of, if not, the best for international transfers for tuition. I just did formA through my bank with my CIBC instruction sheet and the charges I received today are N500 for FormA and N4000 for Telex. Exchange rate of approximately N395.

Goodluck!
Please can I dm you for clarification. My option is CIBC but I think form A requires account details of the school which am not seeing or getting from Concordia university.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 8:14am On Dec 16, 2020
NairaLuck:
Hmmm it's DAY 15 now, I hope to get my passport soon.
The painful part is they don't reply emails asap, they don't make effort to improve sef

Day 16, the wait continues grin
Make Dem do bring our passports back

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by englois: 8:15am On Dec 16, 2020
Please help
Is it possible to change my IELTS from paper to computer based. My exam is in two days. Please any information?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NEYOT88: 8:33am On Dec 16, 2020
Hello
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 8:43am On Dec 16, 2020
SonOfaNobody:

Interesting. I asked because I submitted my upfront medical slip in September only to get a medical request in December.
I'll say you should submit the e-medical slip again and then follow up with emails and webforms explaining you've already done the medical. Or are they asking you to go for follow-up medical exams?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SonOfaNobody(m): 8:56am On Dec 16, 2020
Uzomachukwu:

I'll say you should submit the e-medical slip again and then follow up with emails and webforms explaining you've already done the medical. Or are they asking you to go for follow-up medical exams?

Thank you. I have sent the e-medical slip through mail to the Nairobi office (I found out that's where my application is being processed) on Tuesday, December 8. From the automatic response mail, they're meant to reply within 5 working days. However, no response yet.

Do you think I should continue sending mails?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by sleekcheek: 9:01am On Dec 16, 2020
Send the organization you registered with a mail or call their customer care line

englois:
Please help
Is it possible to change my IELTS from paper to computer based. My exam is in two days. Please any information?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by englois: 9:07am On Dec 16, 2020
sleekcheek:
Send the organization you registered with a mail or call their customer care line

Thanks. I've been calling the numbers but it saying switched off. I guess I'll mail them
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by OtunbaTee(m): 9:17am On Dec 16, 2020
This email of a things works o. ..after sending emails to all the addresses @popoolam posted yesterday night.. medicals was updated to pass this morning. ..awaiting ppr request.
It will end in praise.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Summertime: 9:24am On Dec 16, 2020
Good morning Everyone, pls does any Canadian University accept 2:2 for Masters. I have a 3.45gpa and my uncle, who is my sponsor, said that I should not apply to any Graduate Diploma or certificate program. This is a huge challenge for my pls any info will be highly appreciated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 9:26am On Dec 16, 2020
Hello,

The eagle finally landed a few minutes ago. I didn't get UPS tracking but I knew it was in transit after the full day phone wahala with VFS on Monday. I got 5 emails from them in the last 48 hours and my application status changed twice on the VFS platform during the same period.

I got a call just before 9am and I knew it was the UPS delivery man. I cut off an international call (with a friend in New Zealand) to pick up. Lo and behold, I was right. I rushed to the street junction to meet him. I only showed my ATM cards and old national ID and he was satisfied. After I signed for it, I went to the ATM and dashed him "5 Pieces of Cowries". The guy wanted to disappear into thin air.

To God be the Glory. Montreal here we come! To those expectant, your joys shall be fuller very soon.

#It Has Finally Ended in Praise - @Frank and Frat...@Kim, I sight you all!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by OtunbaTee(m): 9:31am On Dec 16, 2020
Summertime:
Good morning Everyone, pls does any Canadian University accept 2:2 for Masters. I have a 3.45gpa and my uncle, who is my sponsor, said that I should not apply to any Graduate Diploma or certificate program. This is a huge challenge for my pls any info will be highly appreciated
Yes royal roads university , but with limited programs and its very expensive.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by OtunbaTee(m): 9:33am On Dec 16, 2020
Akannitommy:
Hello,

The eagle finally landed a few minutes ago. I didn't get UPS tracking but I knew it was in transit after the full day phone wahala with VFS on Monday. I got 5 emails from them in the last 48 hours and my application status changed twice on the VFS platform during the same period.

I got a call just before 9am and I knew it was the UPS delivery man. I cut off an international call (with a friend in New Zealand) to pick up. Lo and behold, I was right. I rushed to the street junction to meet him. I only showed my ATM cards and old national ID and he was satisfied. After I signed for it, I went to the ATM and dashed him "5 Pieces of Cowries". The guy wanted to disappear into thin air.

To God be the Glory. Montreal here we come! To those expectant, your joys shall be fuller very soon.

#It Has Finally Ended in Praise - @Frank and Frat...@Kim, I sight you all!
I can imagine the feeling. ..congrats fam

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ericksen(m): 9:44am On Dec 16, 2020
Morning all,
Please a friend will be travelling to the UK via Air France (KLM), is there any chance that someone here knows if he will be needing a covid19 test?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by awys: 9:49am On Dec 16, 2020
OtunbaTee:
This email of a things works o. ..after sending emails to all the addresses @popoolam posted yesterday night.. medicals was updated to pass this morning. ..awaiting ppr request.
It will end in praise.

Please when did you do your medicals and with which hospital Q-Life or IOM cuz I did mine with Q-Life last week Thursday but yet to get notification that they have uploaded the result on IRCC Portal but I have sent the sheet to all those email addresses @Popolam sent yesterday and raised webforms to each of the visa offices they must pick the webform by fire by force ooo.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by evergold(m): 9:54am On Dec 16, 2020
Hey guys, how long between when you got your tracking number and you got your passport.

UPS says it is out for delivery but the dispatch ridder has not called.

(1) (2) (3) ... (701) (702) (703) (704) (705) (706) (707) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54