Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,995 members, 7,799,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:50 PM

Coronavirus: Aniekeme Uwah Sacked For Refusing To Manipulate Test Figures - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Aniekeme Uwah Sacked For Refusing To Manipulate Test Figures (98523 Views)

Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient / 'Mentally-Challenged' Man Stabs Man For Refusing To Give Him Money In Rivers / 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Aniekeme Uwah Sacked For Refusing To Manipulate Test Figures by Mcdaniels06: 9:21pm On Apr 26, 2020
“I want to say here, at the end of COVID-19, no state governor is going to receive a fund for not having so many cases. If there is anything, a government will get money for having a lot of cases. International partners do not take their money to where there are no challenges.”

*THIS LINE THOUGH HITS THE POINT"

"Now, The Message Is Very Clear, and all Doubts Cleared"
Re: Coronavirus: Aniekeme Uwah Sacked For Refusing To Manipulate Test Figures by AsawanaDgreat: 9:22pm On Apr 26, 2020
I smell conspiracy
Re: Coronavirus: Aniekeme Uwah Sacked For Refusing To Manipulate Test Figures by Ezmans: 9:24pm On Apr 26, 2020
Olalan:
Quite unfortunate Covid 19 has become political in Nigeria. How did we get here
Dear friends in nairaland covid19 has been politisized in Nigeria by our governors, so prepare ur self for the future, don't hope in government anymore
Re: Coronavirus: Aniekeme Uwah Sacked For Refusing To Manipulate Test Figures by ubongokon(m): 9:28pm On Apr 26, 2020
My state governor is a shame
Re: Coronavirus: Aniekeme Uwah Sacked For Refusing To Manipulate Test Figures by tony5(m): 9:28pm On Apr 26, 2020
solmus:

test Kits collects samples and forward it to labs and the labs are in UCH and UI
That's Better Than Doing Nothing About The Pandemic, Mind You, There Are Short Supply Of The Test Kits All Over The World
Re: Coronavirus: Aniekeme Uwah Sacked For Refusing To Manipulate Test Figures by Nobody: 9:29pm On Apr 26, 2020
SaintLucia:
Have you tested yourself first Mr America? Everything America America America.
stop insulting people who are better than you. You will forever remain where you are.
Is Coronavirus virus malaria that you can test yourself? That's the work of the government. Government here don't know what to do yet you are insulting American President who has done more tests than the whole of Africa and all top European countries combined?

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Aniekeme Uwah Sacked For Refusing To Manipulate Test Figures by Gerrard59(m): 9:35pm On Apr 26, 2020
Seun360:
Udom is a disappointment. An Executive Director with Zenith Bank.

You will think he will make the difference but ..............

Very very disappointing. To add, he went to INSEAD for a program in advanced management, prior to Zenith, he worked with PwC and was rumoured to be the CBN governor instead of Emmfy. Even in a precarious situation, he and his ufofop associates play politics. Like Kano like Akwa Ibom. Incompetence isn't domiciled to one region. embarassed
Re: Coronavirus: Aniekeme Uwah Sacked For Refusing To Manipulate Test Figures by ernieboy(m): 9:38pm On Apr 26, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
The federal government mentored them well.

NCDC are really cashing-out big time on this covid-19 bullshits.

Don't expect them to relax it anytime soon
oga did u read the story at all?
Re: Coronavirus: Aniekeme Uwah Sacked For Refusing To Manipulate Test Figures by Nobody: 9:39pm On Apr 26, 2020
NorthPrince:
Not only in Nigeria lt is happening everywhere

If I slap you ehh, your name will turn from lighter to firewood.

How on earth are you comparing Nigeria to other countries?

Tell me any country that is passing through this evil and barbaric politicians and their government?

Re: Coronavirus: Aniekeme Uwah Sacked For Refusing To Manipulate Test Figures by madridsta007(m): 9:41pm On Apr 26, 2020
dre11:
Coronavirus: Nigerian state sacks epidemiologist for allegedly refusing to manipulate test figures

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/389889-coronavirus-nigerian-state-sacks-epidemiologist-for-allegedly-refusing-to-manipulate-test-figures.html

At least we have information of argument and misunderstanding of numbers and facts coming from Akwa Ibom State.

In Kano what we have are bodies being buried at night every day.
Re: Coronavirus: Aniekeme Uwah Sacked For Refusing To Manipulate Test Figures by backbone503(m): 9:42pm On Apr 26, 2020
There were enough test kits, but the commissioner wanted only 10 samples to be sent (to NCDC), while Dr. Uwah suggested 31, on the premise that it will give a true picture of the Covid-19 status of the state. An argument ensued, and the commissioner said: "thats how you tested and tested till Akwa Ibom became No.1 in HIV". " other States are not sending samples, you want to send 31".

The commissioner needs to be reminded that human lives are directly involved here, and not no. of votes cast.
Re: Coronavirus: Aniekeme Uwah Sacked For Refusing To Manipulate Test Figures by Hollyfood: 9:42pm On Apr 26, 2020
It's horrible! It seemed to me that he was one of those who are trying to make our situation in the world a little better, especially I appreciated the contribution to the fight against coronavirus. It is very strange that he was removed (
Re: Coronavirus: Aniekeme Uwah Sacked For Refusing To Manipulate Test Figures by Urchman200: 9:49pm On Apr 26, 2020
SaintLucia:
Trump, Seyi Makinde, Udom, Yahya Bello and Wike are all playing politics with coronavirus sotey the virus begin dey fear them by putting on mask.
what of the audio president and governor gandolla of Kano?
Re: Coronavirus: Aniekeme Uwah Sacked For Refusing To Manipulate Test Figures by brownemmanuel43(m): 9:59pm On Apr 26, 2020
Not surprise at all. I keep saying it dat the figure dis useless govt is unleashing out is unrealistic
Re: Coronavirus: Aniekeme Uwah Sacked For Refusing To Manipulate Test Figures by FLYFIRE(m): 10:01pm On Apr 26, 2020
SaintLucia:
Trump, Seyi Makinde, Udom, Yahya Bello and Wike are all playing politics with coronavirus sotey the virus begin dey fear them by putting on mask.
I hope you know that when they begin the mandatory & compulsory microchip implant through vaccine you will not escape it. This is not about religious beliefs

Re: Coronavirus: Aniekeme Uwah Sacked For Refusing To Manipulate Test Figures by oluogbon0000(m): 10:06pm On Apr 26, 2020
convid -19 is just a business as usual at the point we invited the chinese forigners Doctors
grin
Re: Coronavirus: Aniekeme Uwah Sacked For Refusing To Manipulate Test Figures by Ghostmode2two(m): 10:23pm On Apr 26, 2020
Politicians will do anything for money even if it has to do with human lives it is not their business as long as they are not effected.
Re: Coronavirus: Aniekeme Uwah Sacked For Refusing To Manipulate Test Figures by hope4nigeria(m): 10:27pm On Apr 26, 2020
Olalan:
Quite unfortunate Covid 19 has become political in Nigeria. How did we get here
after 11years of cashing out on boko Haram stories, Covid-19 suddenly open up opportunity for Nigerian politician and you think they won't take it.
Re: Coronavirus: Aniekeme Uwah Sacked For Refusing To Manipulate Test Figures by mojounited(m): 10:27pm On Apr 26, 2020
backbone503:
There were enough test kits, but the commissioner wanted only 10 samples to be sent (to NCDC), while Dr. Uwah suggested 31, on the premise that it will give a true picture of the Covid-19 status of the state. An argument ensued, and the commissioner said: "thats how you tested and tested till Akwa Ibom became No.1 in HIV". " other States are not sending samples, you want to send 31".

The commissioner needs to be reminded that human lives are directly involved here, and not no. of votes cast.
Interesting take. Someone I'm close to mentioned this too..

I think the state epidemiologist cannot be sacked or reassigned without the governor's consent. I believe the HC informed the governor who then authorised Uwah's removal. Why they are hell bent on minimising the number of cases in the state is beyond me - makes no sense.
Re: Coronavirus: Aniekeme Uwah Sacked For Refusing To Manipulate Test Figures by semyman: 10:30pm On Apr 26, 2020
What a misleading headline
A state in Nigeria or Akwa Ibom State
Which one is the Nigerian state?
Re: Coronavirus: Aniekeme Uwah Sacked For Refusing To Manipulate Test Figures by realstars: 10:34pm On Apr 26, 2020
Akwa Ibom In CoroCoro 19 Politics,

Re: Coronavirus: Aniekeme Uwah Sacked For Refusing To Manipulate Test Figures by SenecaTheYonger: 10:40pm On Apr 26, 2020
wifeesnatcher:
i believe Covid- 19 is in Nigeria but I don't believe we have recorded 35 death most especially in Lagos and I never believe we have recorded up to 1000 cases

this country is just polluted with a lot of foolish people. imagine some rich politicians diverting money and items meant for the poor to themselves even though they've the money to buy them

very wicked set of black monkey

I believe the article up there is about lowering the number of covid19 cases in Akwa Ibom. I don't know if they're doing it to avoid causing panic, but one thing I know is that the fewer cases you have, the less money you will get from International partners and FG. So I don't see how they cuold be doing this for money.
Re: Coronavirus: Aniekeme Uwah Sacked For Refusing To Manipulate Test Figures by backbone503(m): 10:42pm On Apr 26, 2020
mojounited:

Interesting take. Someone I'm close to mentioned this too..

I think the state epidemiologist cannot be sacked or reassigned without the governor's consent. I believe the HC informed the governor who then authorised Uwah's removal. Why they are hell bent on minimising the number of cases in the state is beyond me - makes no sense.

They started by disputing NCDC's test result, now they're playing dirty politics and endangering lives of millions. NMA and other health professional bodies in the state jointly passed a vote of no confidence on the HC. Its saddening that there is a pandemic and the governor is taking sides with a politician against a seasoned health professional over serious public health matters.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Aniekeme Uwah Sacked For Refusing To Manipulate Test Figures by SexytorresE(f): 10:44pm On Apr 26, 2020
This handout is too much pls . Pls who read all? undecided
Re: Coronavirus: Aniekeme Uwah Sacked For Refusing To Manipulate Test Figures by Velvetv2: 10:45pm On Apr 26, 2020
dre11:
Coronavirus: Nigerian state sacks epidemiologist for allegedly refusing to manipulate test figures na who go read all dis one

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/389889-coronavirus-nigerian-state-sacks-epidemiologist-for-allegedly-refusing-to-manipulate-test-figures.html
Re: Coronavirus: Aniekeme Uwah Sacked For Refusing To Manipulate Test Figures by Bimpe29: 10:52pm On Apr 26, 2020
These political dealers are beasts, monsters and self serving.
They make life difficult for innocent common man for parochial interest.
Re: Coronavirus: Aniekeme Uwah Sacked For Refusing To Manipulate Test Figures by kunletexs: 10:54pm On Apr 26, 2020
when i look at the nomenclature called nigeria, i ask myself if it is not the same God that created the other race that created us. just so unique to the negative.

why is it that we throw away common sense just because of yes sir we want to do? why is it that we celebrate billion naira thieves and burn the hundred naira thief?

why is it that we are putting a round peg into a square hole?

why sack a man for doing 20 test within a day while you stipulated 10?

why put a man who studied medicine into a position of minister of foreign affairs?

why remove a medical doctor just because he did play to tune?

truly we celebrate mediocre in nigeria and until we all unite and fight this disease call incompetency, nepotism, tribalism and religious segmentation, i want to believe my chad not be developing faster than is 'GIANT OF AFRICA' from the rear
Re: Coronavirus: Aniekeme Uwah Sacked For Refusing To Manipulate Test Figures by backbone503(m): 10:57pm On Apr 26, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:

I believe the article up there is about lowering the number of covid19 cases in Akwa Ibom. I don't know if they're doing it to avoid causing panic, but one thing I know is that the fewer cases you have, the less money you will get from International partners and FG. So I don't see how they cuold be doing this for money.

The governor is a deacon, and has been of the view that Akwa Ibom is God's own state, and that He won't allow the virus get and thrive here. It finally came, and with fatality. Up till now, he has technically refused to "ban" church activities in the state. He is doing everything possible to hide and downplay the Covid-19 case in the state, just to buttress his initial stand.

This is very unfortunate. He is trying to create a false sense of health security, and this can boomerang very seriously.
Re: Coronavirus: Aniekeme Uwah Sacked For Refusing To Manipulate Test Figures by myettiallah: 11:03pm On Apr 26, 2020
Confirmedzombie:
Why is it that the SE Governors are playing politics with this virus.

I wonder how this people will manage there Biafra if granted.

You will never see Igbos comment in thread like this but they carry other states matter for head.

Shameless pigs
Fool, is AkwaIbom a SE state?
Re: Coronavirus: Aniekeme Uwah Sacked For Refusing To Manipulate Test Figures by letitrainnow(m): 11:06pm On Apr 26, 2020
Ok
Re: Coronavirus: Aniekeme Uwah Sacked For Refusing To Manipulate Test Figures by mojounited(m): 11:07pm On Apr 26, 2020
backbone503:

They started by disputing NCDC's test result, now they're playing dirty politics and endangering lives of millions. NMA and other health professional bodies in the state jointly passed a vote of no confidence on the HC. Its saddening that there is a pandemic and the governor is taking sides with a politician against a seasoned health professional over serious public health matters.
Udom is lip gloss-wearing do-nothing governor. Is it not Katsina or Zamfara that bought about 30,000 test kits the other day?

Google strides made by Kenya (they've only recorded two or three deaths during the course of this pandemic) - they're developing their own unique test kits which is a dollar or less to test ALL THEIR CITIZENS, fabricating their own unique ventilators that actually work and researching on traditional herbs/medicine. Here in Nigeria, Leaders are exploiting loopholes to profit from the pandemic - embezzling cash and palliative.

What a sick country!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Coronavirus: These Beard Style May Make One More Likely To Catch Coronavirus / FG Shuts Down Med Contour Plastic Surgery Facility After Botched Surgery (photos / 3 Girls Who Removed Their Breasts And Transitioned Into Men (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.