Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,174 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

Does The Bible Supports This Phrase; Pressing On? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does The Bible Supports This Phrase; Pressing On? (381 Views)

Pressing On / Daddy Freeze On Pastor Adeboye's Necklace: "This Is Pressing Of Virgin Breast" / What Is The Attack Behind Witchcraft Pressing At Night? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does The Bible Supports This Phrase; Pressing On? by Gracedammy49(f): 11:03pm On Apr 26, 2020
BIBLICAL PERCEPTION TOWARDS THE PHRASE: PRESSING ON.

In my previous article; PRESSING ON. I did an overview and a good justice to the topic.

For the sake of clarity,we shall be considering the lifestyle and the admonishment from the Apostle Paul and also from the Bible to further buttress and establish more facts on either to press on or to choose not to press on.

Is life really all about struggle?

Prov.29:18 “where there is no vision, the people perish”.
Someone once said and I rephrase “The size of our dream will determine the size of our life.

No matter how old we are or where we find ourselves, when memories exceed our dreams, life is over for
us. We need to have a picture of a finishing line, to provide us with the direction and impetus.

If knowing God is one of my goals,
then I may want to plan my time to read through the New Testaments and finish it in one year. If I want to nourish my spiritual life, then I may want to read a Christian book a year.
You see, I’m encouraged by Apostle Paul undying passion for the Lord.
He says in phil.3:12, “Not as though I had already attained,either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
Paul was never satisfied with where he was. He was still seeking to
grow and improve.
There is more to achieve. He wanted to do more for Christ.

He says in phil.3:14, I press toward the mark for the prize of
the high calling of God in Christ.
Paul had achieved a great deal, yet he claimed he hasn’t known Him.
Paul never permitted himself to be satisfied with his spiritual attainments.

Permit me to ask few rhetorical questions.

“Are you contended with where you are?
Very satisfied with what you have achieved for Christ?
What have you been doing for eternity sake”?
Develop dissatisfaction for spiritual things and be devoted to the
heavenly cause. Got confused with my choice of words? Don’t be This is actually what I meant ; focus more on your spiritual growth and try not to lose sight of your ultimate goal (which is, heaven). Don’t just be contented with the little gifts you have spiritually(gift of tongues,prophecy and the likes…). Aspire to get more. Don’t say you are contented with that single achievement you have spiritually. Let your passion be “more of God,and your goal should be to make heaven“.

You see,God wants us to think long term.
Paul was preoccupied with heaven. That was his motivation.
He was concerned to see his saviour. He was concerned to hear “well-done” from the Lord. He was concerned to be rewarded by His Saviour. He was concerned for eternal glory
and that was his preoccupation!

So,let me ask again.
“What are you preoccupied with today spiritually speaking?

You see, Paul knew little of earthly pleasures or comforts.
Rather, he was uncomfortable most of the time- (imprisoned,beaten, shipwrecked, stoned, persecuted), but he wasn’t concerned neither perturbed about that. Rather, he was committed to living a productive life and moving towards his goal, and that goal was all tied to making heaven.
Let’s do the same too.

This is an encouragement for you. Strive for the heavenly goal, for the heavenly reward God has prepared for you. I am encouraging you to learn from Apostle Paul.

In spiritual matters, never be contended.
Always strive to grow and do better.
Always remember God’s purpose for your life and be devoted to it.
Don’t be distracted by the many things in life.
Do more for God.He expects this from you!

©Grace Dammy.

(1) (Reply)

T.B Joshua Spends Four Days At Mountain, Prays Against Coronavirus / Vision: I Saw A Chinese Man With A Great Sword / Forbidden Laws Of The Bible That Humans Still Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.