Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

How Is Life Like In Mexico Or Brazil - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Is Life Like In Mexico Or Brazil (7638 Views)

Poland Or Brazil / Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here / Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is Life Like In Mexico Or Brazil by Gerrard59(m): 10:42pm On Apr 30, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
Seychelles and Mauritius are not bad countries and can travel places on visa free that Mexico can't. It's their agreement and checkout, if a country lies in the same continent they are more likely to have an agreement on that.

Those countries aren't abut to the United States. It's like Nigeria demanding visas from Nigeriens but wouldn't require same from Ghanaians. It's to risky for the US to grant Mexico a free visa status due to her close border with Central American countries and high corruption.
Re: How Is Life Like In Mexico Or Brazil by Gerrard59(m): 10:47pm On Apr 30, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
You are right too, it's not easy to do that kind of agreement with a country like Nigeria. The opportunity isn't really open for us to sign anything

Although I'm reiterating what others have said, it goes beyond signing mere documents. It has to do with the HDI of a country and how rich she's. Which is when Saudi Arabia eased her visa procedures, she granted China visa free status even when Chinese authorities maltreat Muslims in China. However, she didn't do same for any African country. Not one! Even Nigeria with the most number of Muslims in Sub Saharan Africa and frequent Hajj visits. Simply because the vast majority of African countries are poor. Finito!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_Waiver_Program

Please go through the link and tell me how on earth do you expect Nigeria or any poor country to start having visa free statuses.

1 Like

Re: How Is Life Like In Mexico Or Brazil by Stephenmoka4(m): 11:30pm On Apr 30, 2020
Gerrard59:

Although I'm reiterating what others have said, it goes beyond signing mere documents. It has to do with the HDI of a country and how rich she's. Which is when Saudi Arabia eased her visa procedures, she granted China visa free status even when Chinese authorities maltreat Muslims in China. However, she didn't do same for any African country. Not one! Even Nigeria with the most number of Muslims in Sub Saharan Africa and frequent Hajj visits. Simply because the vast majority of African countries are poor. Finito!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_Waiver_Program

Please go through the link and tell me how on earth do you expect Nigeria or any poor country to start having visa free statuses.
HDI do play a role, not always like Cameroon - Singapore, HDI is reasonably far.
Re: How Is Life Like In Mexico Or Brazil by dreaonit: 12:29am On May 01, 2020
Please let not divert from our main topic. Your views are well noted.
Re: How Is Life Like In Mexico Or Brazil by Kingzy4pep(m): 4:36am On May 01, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
Seychelles and Mauritius are not bad countries and can travel places on visa free that Mexico can't. It's their agreement and checkout, if a country lies in the same continent they are more likely to have an agreement on that.
Oga it's not any agreement.
It's based on your economy, standard of living and other index.

2 Likes

Re: How Is Life Like In Mexico Or Brazil by Nobody: 6:24am On May 01, 2020
tensazangetsu20:
Nigerians as usual talking about what they have no idea about. Mexico has one of the most powerful passports in the world alongside a visa free access to Canada. If it was a shithole, it wouldn't have that much access.

The problem is mostly in learning to speak the language. I have seen a lot of IT jobs in Mexico and Brazil that pay really well that someone who knows his onions in Nigeria can get from here.

You're not far from the truth but ensure your Portuguese is good if you intend to relocate to Brazil and settle down with ease. Polish your Spanish, if Mexico is your calling.

1 Like

Re: How Is Life Like In Mexico Or Brazil by Stephenmoka4(m): 9:56am On May 01, 2020
Kingzy4pep:
Oga it's not any agreement.
It's based on your economy, standard of living and other index.
It's not limited to economy, checkout Antigua their passport is strong(most European destinations are in check incl. UK) but, no where near UK, USA or Germany in economy strength. Singapore is tight but, can hold on with Ghana, RSA and Cameroon (Cameroon economy and Singapore's are very different)
Re: How Is Life Like In Mexico Or Brazil by adigun98(m): 10:30am On May 01, 2020
Oga Mexico isn't a shithole like naija,Visa free to Canada and almost all the EU Countries ,there are opportunities to transfer to USA as a Student in Mexico , minimum wage is 300$ per month not nobody is making that because they make more than the minimum wage , majority of people crossing self are not Mexicans but other South and central Americans plus the ones crossing are not educated so they can't get better paying jobs in Mexico ..
As a Nigerian if you can find your way there and you're educated bro you're good as the cost of living is low and you'd get paid good but not as much as in the States

4 Likes

Re: How Is Life Like In Mexico Or Brazil by dreaonit: 2:54pm On May 01, 2020
Okay. Nice
adigun98:
Oga Mexico isn't a shithole like naija,Visa free to Canada and almost all the EU Countries ,there are opportunities to transfer to USA as a Student in Mexico , minimum wage is 300$ per month not nobody is making that because they make more than the minimum wage , majority of people crossing self are not Mexicans but other South and central Americans plus the ones crossing are not educated so they can't get better paying jobs in Mexico ..
As a Nigerian if you can find your way there and you're educated bro you're good as the cost of living is low and you'd get paid good but not as much as in the States
Re: How Is Life Like In Mexico Or Brazil by cletz991(m): 8:26am On May 05, 2020
babakb:

The only meaningful thing you can do in Brazil is to teach English, obtain your onsite TEFL certificate and kick start your journey.

Expect 500 USD monthly for a start.
can I do the online course in Nigeria? How much does it cost?
Re: How Is Life Like In Mexico Or Brazil by dreaonit: 6:43am On May 08, 2020
Google can help on that.

cletz991:
Re: How Is Life Like In Mexico Or Brazil by babakb: 7:15am On May 08, 2020
cletz991:

Hmmm, the online option has very limited opportunities, only English native speakers enjoy the online option.
I suggest you go for onsite course in Sau Paolo or Rio de jenerio, it's a 6 weeks course so 3 months tourist Visa will cover for that, and they will also introduce you to basics of Portuguese to aid communication in the Classroom.

Budget a minimum of 4000 USD for everything, (Visa, Flight, Tuition, Accommodation, Feeding etc).

Google TEFL courses in Brazil for further information.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Is Life Like In Mexico Or Brazil by TechSpot: 9:35am On May 08, 2020
babakb:

Hmmm, the online option has very limited opportunities, only English native speakers enjoy the online option.
I suggest you go for onsite course in Sau Paolo or Rio de jenerio, it's a 6 weeks course so 3 months tourist Visa will cover for that, and they will also introduce you to basics of Portuguese to aid communication in the Classroom.

Budget a minimum of 4000 USD for everything, (Visa, Flight, Tuition, Accommodation, Feeding etc).

Google TEFL courses in Brazil for further information.

The cost of TEFL in Sao Paulo is as high as $2,000. I was surprised by this cost cos I saw it costing between $250-$600 for online courses. I want to know if you know any relatively price center in SP.

I'm already in SP, Brazil

1 Like

Re: How Is Life Like In Mexico Or Brazil by babakb: 1:06pm On May 08, 2020
TechSpot:

The cost of TEFL in Sao Paulo is as high as $2,000. I was surprised by this cost cos I saw it costing between $250-$600 for online courses. I want to know if you know any relatively price center in SP.

I'm already in SP, Brazil

All onsite courses are about 2000 USD everywhere because they are better than the online courses.

Employers prefer the onsite courses because you will undergo 20 hours of teaching practice.

The TEFL body only assist the onsite graduates with worldwide job search, set up interviews for you etc, online graduates don't have these privileges.

Is better you look for money to do the onsite course.

5 Likes

Re: How Is Life Like In Mexico Or Brazil by TechSpot: 8:42pm On May 08, 2020
babakb:

All onsite courses are about 2000 USD everywhere because they are better than the online courses.

Employers prefer the onsite courses because you will undergo 20 hours of teaching practice.

The TEFL body only assist the onsite graduates with worldwide job search, set up interviews for you etc, online graduates don't have these privileges.

Is better you look for money to do the onsite course.

Ok. Thanks
Re: How Is Life Like In Mexico Or Brazil by juliusocean(m): 4:58am On May 09, 2020
TechSpot:

Ok. Thanks
Bro how is the family .. I trust you all doing good..
I have some questions please pardon me.
B4 applying 4 brazil did you and ur wife have travel history or just you?
I have been to ghana and dubai is that enough?
Can my travel history cover for my wife as she has never traveled out b4?
Re: How Is Life Like In Mexico Or Brazil by uchman(m): 11:39am On May 09, 2020
TechSpot:

Ok. Thanks

Hello brother,
please what job can one find easily in Brazil for someone that wants to spend some months
Re: How Is Life Like In Mexico Or Brazil by sammysneh(m): 8:15pm On May 09, 2020
juliusocean:

@techspot i know youre busy pls reply this post i was gonna ask this same question.. undecided
Re: How Is Life Like In Mexico Or Brazil by TechSpot: 8:46pm On May 09, 2020
juliusocean:

sammysneh:

@techspot i know youre busy pls reply this post i was gonna ask this same question.. undecided

We've both been to Dubai, she's personally traveled to Benin Republic, Togo and Kenya while I've traveled alone to S.A. and Ethiopia.

Yes, travel history to Ghana and Dubai is ok but I can't assure you cos I don't know what was considered in my case.

I was the primary applicant but we submitted my wife's travel history and her financial state.

2 Likes

Re: How Is Life Like In Mexico Or Brazil by TechSpot: 8:47pm On May 09, 2020
uchman:

Hello brother,
please what job can one find easily in Brazil for someone that wants to spend some months

I have no experience as I'm only here as a tourist. I don't work in Brazil

2 Likes

Re: How Is Life Like In Mexico Or Brazil by dreaonit: 9:40am On May 13, 2020
Hello, can anyone give more insight about mexico.
Re: How Is Life Like In Mexico Or Brazil by juliusocean(m): 9:52am On May 13, 2020
dreaonit:
Hello, can anyone give more insight about mexico.
Why not go to youtube and other platforms you'll get a better insight..
Re: How Is Life Like In Mexico Or Brazil by dreaonit: 9:43pm On Jun 01, 2020
Covid 19 is really dealing with both countries.
Re: How Is Life Like In Mexico Or Brazil by dreaonit: 1:18pm On Jul 19, 2020
Nice

TechSpot:

We've both been to Dubai, she's personally traveled to Benin Republic, Togo and Kenya while I've traveled alone to S.A. and Ethiopia.

Yes, travel history to Ghana and Dubai is ok but I can't assure you cos I don't know what was considered in my case.

I was the primary applicant but we submitted my wife's travel history and her financial state.
Re: How Is Life Like In Mexico Or Brazil by Cousin9999: 4:33am On Sep 15, 2020
Re: How Is Life Like In Mexico Or Brazil by dreaonit: 8:27am On Sep 15, 2020
Mexico=Toilet

Brazil=?

Foods? We are talking about life, hustle to make a living.
Make your point clear.
Re: How Is Life Like In Mexico Or Brazil by Cousin9999: 11:22am On Sep 15, 2020
Those who want to teach English there should look into this cert:

https://www.cambridgeenglish.org/teaching-english/teaching-qualifications/celta/
Re: How Is Life Like In Mexico Or Brazil by Cousin9999: 11:39am On Sep 15, 2020
I think it's important to mention that Brazilian women are not only beautiful, but also freaky. You'll definitely have fun there. Just try not to get robbed; by the goons or the cops.

1 Like

Re: How Is Life Like In Mexico Or Brazil by dreaonit: 10:11pm On Dec 18, 2020
Nobody has talked about life expectant or no one here in both countries
Re: How Is Life Like In Mexico Or Brazil by Fidelismaria: 8:25pm On Dec 19, 2020
Following

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Getting Uk Citizenship By Marrying A British-nigerian Man / Lagos Underground Map / How Can I Get A Visa Out Of Ukraine To Visit Another Europa Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.