Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,820 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

How Nairaland Changed My Life..special Thanks To Victor101. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Nairaland Changed My Life..special Thanks To Victor101. (3068 Views)

Thanks To Nairaland My Money Was Sorted. / UBA Wins Best Digital Bank In Africa, Thanks To Leo. / How Nairaland Has Encouraged Me To Own A Business Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Nairaland Changed My Life..special Thanks To Victor101. by Israelconcepts: 4:14pm On Apr 27, 2020
I have always wanted to do this but I have to do it now that I am in the isolation centre, just kidding. I am sharing this to help people who want to kickstart their freelancing career during this Lockdown period..
My life changed After reading Victor101's thread in 2016.
https://www.nairaland.com/2594236/elance.com-upwork.com-other-freelancing-site
This thread helped me to kick-start my freelancing business. This thread is still relevant in this 2020.
I didn’t take any action until late 2018 and up till date I have made over $6000 working on Upwork as a Nigerian. Though it is not a lot of money but it has made a big difference in my life.
Key take away
One thing I have learnt working on Upwork is that you have to carve out a SPECIFIC NICHE for yourself to succeed quickly. On my Upwork profile you will find “banner ad designer “ and I have done over 60 jobs relating to banner ads design only.
If you are looking for way to make money on Upwork, I would like you to go through this thread too. Take actions, keeping bidding for jobs and you will really make it.
All thanks to Victor101 and other Nairalanders who contributed on that thread.
God bless seun, Victor101, and all Nairalanders!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nairaland Changed My Life..special Thanks To Victor101. by Jayjezey: 4:18pm On Apr 27, 2020
Nice
Re: How Nairaland Changed My Life..special Thanks To Victor101. by Nobody: 4:59pm On Apr 27, 2020
Nairaland is the best place to make money

2 Likes

Re: How Nairaland Changed My Life..special Thanks To Victor101. by sapeleboi(m): 5:13pm On Apr 27, 2020
cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Nairaland Changed My Life..special Thanks To Victor101. by agbolahan1991(m): 8:27pm On Apr 27, 2020
Thank u bro
Re: How Nairaland Changed My Life..special Thanks To Victor101. by spyglaxx: 8:58pm On Apr 27, 2020
That was how one guy taught about btc trade in the year 2017.It chang3d my life. The little helps we render keeps the world rolling.
Re: How Nairaland Changed My Life..special Thanks To Victor101. by OYENIYIJK: 9:05pm On Apr 27, 2020
I've gotten to the thread. But my brother, I gat no skill.
Re: How Nairaland Changed My Life..special Thanks To Victor101. by yesloaded: 9:16pm On Apr 27, 2020
Xavfra:
You can say that again cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Nairaland Changed My Life..special Thanks To Victor101. by Hennyola(m): 9:18pm On Apr 27, 2020
spyglaxx:
That was how one guy taught about btc trade in the year 2017.It chang3d my life. The little helps we render keeps the world rolling.

Care to share?
Re: How Nairaland Changed My Life..special Thanks To Victor101. by Israelconcepts: 10:39pm On Apr 27, 2020
Xavfra:

Yes, I agree. I learnt mini importation here too. I have started to make small money before this Lockdown scatter everything.

1 Like

Re: How Nairaland Changed My Life..special Thanks To Victor101. by Israelconcepts: 10:45pm On Apr 27, 2020
spyglaxx:

I have never bought any courses before..courtesy of nairaland.
Re: How Nairaland Changed My Life..special Thanks To Victor101. by Israelconcepts: 10:46pm On Apr 27, 2020
OYENIYIJK:
I've gotten to the thread. But my brother, I gat no skill.

I must say that there are a lot of free resources on YouTube.
Say u want to learn how to design Business card. A simple search of "how to design business card" on YouTube. You will see a lot world class video tutorial on that.
Re: How Nairaland Changed My Life..special Thanks To Victor101. by Nobody: 12:29am On Apr 28, 2020
Israelconcepts:

Yes, I agree. I learnt mini importation here too. I have started to make small money before this Lockdown scatter everything.

I haven't really made but I know it is a great place.

1 Like

Re: How Nairaland Changed My Life..special Thanks To Victor101. by OYENIYIJK: 12:42am On Apr 28, 2020
Israelconcepts:

Say u want to learn how to design Business card. A simple search of "how to design business card" on YouTube. You will see a lot world class video tutorial on that.
but please which skill is hot now And what do they do and how do they offer it? sorry, if this question is an amateur one
Re: How Nairaland Changed My Life..special Thanks To Victor101. by WalkerMichael(m): 4:42am On Apr 28, 2020
Special thanks to VENZAL

Man's 2016 thread on fiverr literally changed my life too.

Thanks brother

1 Like

Re: How Nairaland Changed My Life..special Thanks To Victor101. by spyglaxx: 4:51am On Apr 28, 2020
Israelconcepts:

I have never bought any courses before..courtesy of nairaland.

Still good people out there.
Re: How Nairaland Changed My Life..special Thanks To Victor101. by PuZZyNegro: 5:36am On Apr 28, 2020
WalkerMichael:
Special thanks to VENZAL

Man's 2016 thread on fiverr literally changed my life too.

Thanks brother

Same here.

Sadly, it appears no one is willing to give out those kind of tips on nairaland now.

Everybody is either hoarding their information or selling ebooks. Those that were lucky to read nairaland business section and took actions in 2015/2016 are catching out legitimately now.

I am a millionaire today because of nairaland

Sadly again, this type of topics hardly make nairaland Frontpage. Treasures are not given out easily, you have to go looking for it

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Nairaland Changed My Life..special Thanks To Victor101. by articlewriter: 6:21am On Apr 28, 2020

Contact me for all your Fiverr/Freelancer/Upwork/Fivesquid withdrawals..

I will buy funds from $50 and above - rates are good. Contact details on signature.

Re: How Nairaland Changed My Life..special Thanks To Victor101. by OYENIYIJK: 10:13am On Apr 28, 2020
Israelconcepts:
I have always wanted to do this but I have to do it now that I am in the isolation centre, just kidding. I am sharing this to help people who want to kickstart their freelancing career during this Lockdown period..
This thread helped me to kick-start my freelancing business. This thread is still relevant in this 2020.
I didn’t take any action until late 2018 and up till date I have made over $6000 working on Upwork as a Nigerian. Though it is not a lot of money but it has made a big difference in my life.
Key take away
One thing I have learnt working on Upwork is that you have to carve out a SPECIFIC NICHE for yourself to succeed quickly. On my Upwork profile you will find “banner ad designer “ and I have done over 60 jobs relating to banner ads design only.
If you are looking for way to make money on Upwork, I would like you to go through this thread too. Take actions, keeping bidding for jobs and you will really make it.

please Sorry that I'm disturbing you, I've gone through the thread but they derailed the thread with bashing and insults. But they talk about one BAMIDELE - Owner of writersincharge .com. Do you think their is a way for me if I say I should start article writing? Or the thing ain't paying again
thanks
Re: How Nairaland Changed My Life..special Thanks To Victor101. by Ofejiro20: 10:54am On Apr 28, 2020
Israelconcepts:

do you work a mobile phone(Android) or Laptop because ve only phone for now.. this has been a major hindrance for me when it comes to learning a digital skill..
Re: How Nairaland Changed My Life..special Thanks To Victor101. by Israelconcepts: 1:05pm On Apr 28, 2020
Ofejiro20:
do you work a mobile phone(Android) or Laptop because ve only phone for now.. this has been a major hindrance for me when it comes to learning a digital skill..

As a graphics designer... I work with both. My laptop for all designs. My mobile phone for Upwork mobile app to chat with clients, bid for jobs and to ensure that I am always online..

I will advice you to get a PC if you want to learn skill like graphics design, web development, digital marketing though.
Re: How Nairaland Changed My Life..special Thanks To Victor101. by Israelconcepts: 1:15pm On Apr 28, 2020
OYENIYIJK:

please Sorry that I'm disturbing you, I've gone through the thread but they derailed the thread with bashing and insults. But they talk about one BAMIDELE - Owner of writersincharge .com. Do you think their is a way for me if I say I should start article writing? Or the thing ain't paying again
thanks

Seriously, I don't know about Bamidele...I just focus on what the likes of Victor101 and stagger have to say on that thread.

Personally I don't believe in saturation. You can just carve out a niche for yourself *(say professional writer for different industry...fashion design, real estate, beauty, fitness etc) . Also, be VERY exceptional at what you do. You will make it bro.
Re: How Nairaland Changed My Life..special Thanks To Victor101. by OYENIYIJK: 1:22pm On Apr 28, 2020
Israelconcepts:

Seriously, I don't know about Bamidele...I just focus on what the likes of Victor101 and stagger have to say on that thread.

Personally I don't believe in saturation. You can just carve out a niche for yourself *(say professional writer for different industry...fashion design, real estate, beauty, fitness etc) . Also, be VERY exceptional at what you do. You will make it bro.
Amen
thanks sir
The last question
Has you mention article writing, I have browse and I've gotten some genuine sites - as they claim - that pay to write for them. so, do I need to have a blog before I start because that blog of a thing will cost some money.?.
thanks
Re: How Nairaland Changed My Life..special Thanks To Victor101. by Ofejiro20: 1:55pm On Apr 28, 2020
Israelconcepts:

As a graphics designer... I work with both. My laptop for all designs. My mobile phone for Upwork mobile app to chat with clients, bid for jobs and to ensure that I am always online..

I will advice you to get a PC if you want to learn skill like graphics design, web development, digital marketing though.
Good one bro
Re: How Nairaland Changed My Life..special Thanks To Victor101. by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:14pm On Apr 28, 2020
The key to success on Upwork is to apply to a lot of jobs and get an in-demand skill. Most people log onto Upwork apply to 9 jobs, don't hear back from clients, and just assume Upwork does not work. It does work. High rated freelancers apply to more than 50 jobs to land just a gig, It is a numbers game not much different from applying to real-life jobs.

I would advise prospective freelancers to spend a year acquiring and honing in-demand real-life skills before joining so you do not get frustrated bidding for 5 dollars per 1000 words kind of jobs.

3 Likes

Re: How Nairaland Changed My Life..special Thanks To Victor101. by MOORCHMOORE(m): 3:28pm On Apr 28, 2020
Israelconcepts:
Key take away

Op, why can't I get my profile approved since 2016 or they are rejecting Nigerians. I can model 3d graphics, human, house, cars, objects etc. Help me, am feeling wasted as Nigeria are yet to demand for this service.

Re: How Nairaland Changed My Life..special Thanks To Victor101. by Ghanaian(m): 5:02pm On Apr 28, 2020
MOORCHMOORE:

Op, why can't I get my profile approved since 2016 or they are rejecting Nigerians. I can model 3d graphics, human, house, cars, objects etc. Help me, am feeling wasted as Nigeria are yet to demand for this service.

Send me message on WhatsApp
07068612.. 611

Let me help you approve it
Re: How Nairaland Changed My Life..special Thanks To Victor101. by bluntjudge: 7:03pm On Apr 28, 2020
Ghanaian:

Send me message on WhatsApp
07068612.. 611

Let me help you approve it

I just hate this idea of people dropping their numbers to be contacted privately, why not drop the information here so others can benefit.
Re: How Nairaland Changed My Life..special Thanks To Victor101. by spyglaxx: 7:32pm On Apr 28, 2020
MOORCHMOORE:

Can you animate it?
Re: How Nairaland Changed My Life..special Thanks To Victor101. by Carmal90(m): 10:09pm On Apr 28, 2020
MOORCHMOORE:

Come and teach me please..
Saw you are using blender
Re: How Nairaland Changed My Life..special Thanks To Victor101. by MOORCHMOORE(m): 10:37pm On Apr 28, 2020
spyglaxx:

Can you animate it?
Yes to some extent, but am more interested in modeling now
Re: How Nairaland Changed My Life..special Thanks To Victor101. by spyglaxx: 2:09am On Apr 29, 2020
MOORCHMOORE:

Yes to some extent, but am more interested in modeling now
If you can work more on the animation there is business model for you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Scam Accusations Made Against Lolo24 / Reasons Why You Should Not Invest Your Money In A Barbing Saloon / Online Advertising In Nigeria:- How To Get Your Products Sale Faster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.