Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,466 members, 7,781,351 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:58 PM

My Fiancee Is Pregnant And We Can't Marry Now Because Of Covid-19 Please Advice - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Fiancee Is Pregnant And We Can't Marry Now Because Of Covid-19 Please Advice (1209 Views)

In The Light Of D Economic Situation If U Marry Now How Many Children Wil U Have / My Ex Fiancee Is Pregnant For Me / My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Fiancee Is Pregnant And We Can't Marry Now Because Of Covid-19 Please Advice by apprentist(m): 6:53am On Apr 28, 2020
Hello NLers
This is a serious matter so I will appreciate very kind advice please.

I met my girl last mid last year and we started dating officially this year. We both work and earn and we were already in talks with her parents and mine to tie the knot this year. Most of our plans are looking sketchy now because of the COVID-19 pandemic and restriction of movement around. Making it impossible to go to her state or mine.

Early this month she used a pregnancy home test kit after she noticed some body changes and it came out positive. We both love ourselves madly but I am still not sure of the step to take now.

1. Should I go ahead and abort (sincerely, this scares me)
2. Should we keep the baby? Considering we're both financially earning. (But if we do, how do we go about the marriage rites with all these lockdown in Nigeria)

Pls NLers I need your advice. Presently I asked her move in with me due to her health as already mentioned. Please help
Re: My Fiancee Is Pregnant And We Can't Marry Now Because Of Covid-19 Please Advice by izuch(m): 6:54am On Apr 28, 2020
See talk undecided
Re: My Fiancee Is Pregnant And We Can't Marry Now Because Of Covid-19 Please Advice by SUPERPACK: 6:54am On Apr 28, 2020
No matter what you do never abort that kid. As long as you continue having unprotected sex be rest assured you will have more in no time even before the marriage. Start buying baby materials immediately.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Is Pregnant And We Can't Marry Now Because Of Covid-19 Please Advice by josen16322(m): 6:56am On Apr 28, 2020
online wedding is d koko no long tin am dbanj angry grin cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Is Pregnant And We Can't Marry Now Because Of Covid-19 Please Advice by IceLip: 6:57am On Apr 28, 2020
Oga, no parent out there way know no say anything "Fiancee" turning to "Couple" sooner or later, Pregnant fit occour anytime...Just accept the baby n keep marriage things aside first base on Covid19 tinx, abi yo don get money way yo must do marriage tinx b4 d coming of una #Baby
Re: My Fiancee Is Pregnant And We Can't Marry Now Because Of Covid-19 Please Advice by Samade7: 7:03am On Apr 28, 2020
Abort d baby n go childless for donkey years after marriage. So use ur brain.

3 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Is Pregnant And We Can't Marry Now Because Of Covid-19 Please Advice by Cypherfx: 7:05am On Apr 28, 2020
Good development
Re: My Fiancee Is Pregnant And We Can't Marry Now Because Of Covid-19 Please Advice by Daroldigits: 7:07am On Apr 28, 2020
Baby boy, is it a must you do noise making wedding? Just gather few/important people in a sitting room then you marry. You need to be wise. It will save you money. Stop giving yourself unnecessary headache ooo

8 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Is Pregnant And We Can't Marry Now Because Of Covid-19 Please Advice by Nobody: 7:07am On Apr 28, 2020
Simple.
Keep the baby.
If u can't pay her dowry now, do so after lockdown & wedding afterwards.
Re: My Fiancee Is Pregnant And We Can't Marry Now Because Of Covid-19 Please Advice by izzou(m): 7:12am On Apr 28, 2020
grin

I'm sorry, but why is abortion coming into the picture?

Shebi you both love each other?
Shebi you both are planning to get married?

So why do you want to abort the baby? Abi dem never lift lockdown for Una area. undecided

As a lady, if you are in a relationship, never ever get pregnant for a man who has not wifed you yet......to avoid a story like this grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee Is Pregnant And We Can't Marry Now Because Of Covid-19 Please Advice by pocohantas(f): 7:17am On Apr 28, 2020
apprentist:
Hello NLers

2. Should we keep the baby? Considering we're both financially earning. (But if we do, how do we go about the marriage rites with all these lockdown in Nigeria)

You can abort despite the pandemic, but you can’t marry ba?

The pandemic is not going to last a lifetime Sir. In fact, from next week- a lot would function skeletally. Go and buy Pregnacare abi folic acid, pharmacies are open.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee Is Pregnant And We Can't Marry Now Because Of Covid-19 Please Advice by donbachi(m): 7:18am On Apr 28, 2020
Talk to her people after discussing with ur own people.an elderly man from ur place should talk to her people.they must reach an agreement.then,u can do some in cash by transfering it to them...unless u no wan marry her.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Is Pregnant And We Can't Marry Now Because Of Covid-19 Please Advice by topedoski(m): 7:20am On Apr 28, 2020
Guy talk her people through phone
Re: My Fiancee Is Pregnant And We Can't Marry Now Because Of Covid-19 Please Advice by Perogbangba(f): 7:23am On Apr 28, 2020
can you imagine? Abortion shouldn't come into the picture in the first place. Oga go and prepare for to welcome your baby biko.
Re: My Fiancee Is Pregnant And We Can't Marry Now Because Of Covid-19 Please Advice by dingbang(m): 7:29am On Apr 28, 2020
Court marriage

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Is Pregnant And We Can't Marry Now Because Of Covid-19 Please Advice by GOFRONT(m): 7:29am On Apr 28, 2020
Considering the gravity of the pandemic, You shouldn't have had an erection in the first place.......But hell no, over here, Our preeqs so Functional, always standing tall like the rocks of Gibraltar despite the presence of Corona virus...

4 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Is Pregnant And We Can't Marry Now Because Of Covid-19 Please Advice by Nobody: 7:42am On Apr 28, 2020
COVID don suffer
Re: My Fiancee Is Pregnant And We Can't Marry Now Because Of Covid-19 Please Advice by Richy4(m): 8:15am On Apr 28, 2020
You are not the first couple to walk down the aisle with pregnancy. And u are not going to be the last. It will only be the talk of that day.. if that's what you were worried about. The next day, no one will even remember that you were married.

It will be like that young actress and the billionaire older husband that was making news on nairaland front page here last year over their marriage. Theirs made lots of news because they were rich... now it's an old news. A lot of people has forgotten about it but they themselves haven't forgotten about the joy of being one..

So also u , u can't forget a gift that you got just to be politically correct in the eyes of everyone... don't harm that baby just to make everyone happy.. if u do it, u will be thinking once in a while assuming you kept it, would he/she have become the president? Will he/she be doing ABC instead of what your other kids are doing.. to avoid all that, just turn deaf ears and eyes during your wedding. embarassed

4 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Is Pregnant And We Can't Marry Now Because Of Covid-19 Please Advice by crackkhaus: 9:20am On Apr 28, 2020
Bruv, if you and your fiancée have decided together to abort/keep the baby, then that's what matters.
Do what both of you can agree to do.

It's not every thing that requires deliberation.

3 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Is Pregnant And We Can't Marry Now Because Of Covid-19 Please Advice by belcom10(m): 9:24am On Apr 28, 2020
There's ease on lockdown now grin. So go and do the right thing. Marry her.

apprentist:
Hello NLers

I met my girl last mid last year and we started dating officially this year. We both work and earn and we were already in talks with her parents and mine to tie the knot this year. Most of our plans are looking sketchy now because of the COVID-19 pandemic and restriction of movement around. Making it impossible to go to her state or mine.

Early this month she used a pregnancy home test kit after she noticed some body changes and it came out positive. We both love ourselves madly but I am still not sure of the step to take now.

Pls NLers I need your advice. Presently I asked her move in with me due to her health as already mentioned. Please help
Re: My Fiancee Is Pregnant And We Can't Marry Now Because Of Covid-19 Please Advice by Nobody: 9:28am On Apr 28, 2020
U can go to hospital and abort but u can't get your pastor or iman with two or 2 witnesses to make u man and wife?

4 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Is Pregnant And We Can't Marry Now Because Of Covid-19 Please Advice by Nobody: 9:30am On Apr 28, 2020
You claim to love but you are considering killing the fruit of that love? How does that work? If you are not ready to have a child then don't engage in acts that would lead to having one.

Anyways, we make things difficult for ourselves. I do not see any reason why you and your lady cannot get married without travelling and it is definitely not a must to throw a party.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Is Pregnant And We Can't Marry Now Because Of Covid-19 Please Advice by faithfull18(f): 9:36am On Apr 28, 2020
Trouble will sit, people will go and be looking for it.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Is Pregnant And We Can't Marry Now Because Of Covid-19 Please Advice by missimelda01(f): 11:32am On Apr 28, 2020
All I see is a man looking for an excuse to have an abortion angry

Didn't you know that unprotected sex leads to pregnancy? Anyways the lockdown has been eased in some places so you can contact her people and perform the traditional rites.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Is Pregnant And We Can't Marry Now Because Of Covid-19 Please Advice by frozen70(f): 2:21pm On Apr 28, 2020
apprentist:
Hello NLers

You are creating panic where there is no need

Her pregnancy doesn't stop your marriage plans

Her pregnancy have come to stay and make sure you don't abort it

Make sure you send money to take care of herself

If you want her to relocate it means you want her to resign

Can you handle all the financial matters

That's all I can say

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Is Pregnant And We Can't Marry Now Because Of Covid-19 Please Advice by stunning4real: 5:28pm On Apr 28, 2020
Daroldigits:
Baby boy, is it a must you do noise making wedding? Just gather few/important people in a sitting room then you marry. You need to be wise. It will save you money. Stop giving yourself unnecessary headache ooo
as in opportunity to safe money. Gather people not more than 20 do wedding carry your wife put for house jejely
Re: My Fiancee Is Pregnant And We Can't Marry Now Because Of Covid-19 Please Advice by bestabigaelever(f): 7:07pm On Apr 28, 2020
sassysure:
U can go to hospital and abort but u can't get your pastor or iman with two or 2 witnesses to make u man and wife?

He hasn't talk the koko of the matter, because have seen wedding pictures on IG
He will give the family the dowry and court is open
Re: My Fiancee Is Pregnant And We Can't Marry Now Because Of Covid-19 Please Advice by bukatyne(f): 7:14pm On Apr 28, 2020
apprentist:
Hello NLers

What exactly is your challenge?

1. You are in love with each other
2. You can earn and support yourselves
3. Your parents are aware of the intent to marriage.
Re: My Fiancee Is Pregnant And We Can't Marry Now Because Of Covid-19 Please Advice by Nobody: 7:38pm On Apr 28, 2020
bestabigaelever:

He hasn't talk the koko of the matter, because have seen wedding pictures on IG
He will give the family the dowry and court is open
So courts are open?
Then what was he waiting for?
I said pastor or iman thinking courts were closed.

U are right, he never talk true.
Re: My Fiancee Is Pregnant And We Can't Marry Now Because Of Covid-19 Please Advice by bestabigaelever(f): 7:43pm On Apr 28, 2020
sassysure:

So courts are open?
Then what was he waiting for?
I said pastor or iman thinking courts were closed.

U are right, he never talk true.
Abort baby because you can't do wedding??
These guys are mad and not even responsible

Shey someone will see husband like this embarassed
Re: My Fiancee Is Pregnant And We Can't Marry Now Because Of Covid-19 Please Advice by apprentist(m): 7:28am On Apr 29, 2020
Sincerely, I appreciate your responds. I know it looks like I already had it all figured out and shouldn't have asked the questions. But trust me, I was very confused as to how to go about it.

But with your voices, I've made my decision and it doesn't involve abortion at all. Ones again, I appreciate. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

30 Ways To Love Your Wife / Why Do Couples Begin To Look Alike After Some Time Together / Wife Threatening With Knife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.