Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos (47332 Views)

Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Broadcast Contempt Of Court / Miyetti Allah: Ranching Can’t Work FG Should Revive Grazing Reserves For Herders / Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: Buhari Lacks Power To Restrict Movement In Lagos, Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by AntiWailer: 9:45am On Apr 28, 2020
Oracle23:

Read the article.

May be u should read mine and u will see that I addressed 2 point from the article that I was interested in.

Curfew and Economy
Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by StrikeBack(m): 9:45am On Apr 28, 2020
shugabasbn:
A bloody dabbling into medical and economic side of pandemic disease as if he has a drug or solution in his Chamber.

The lawyer or client that is alive will remember court.

Stay alive first with sound health, all others things are secondary
a bloody lawyer was once the minister of power and works at the same time

Nigeriadondye
Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by lexander(m): 9:46am On Apr 28, 2020
AntiWailer:
He don start.

The curfew might be necessary to clean and disinfect general places before the next day.

Everything is not about human right, common sense can prevail at times.

Not all businesses would be allowed to open yet.

I am sure Government workers and schools are still closed. The time is also 9 - 6 meaning that no office will expect u to get to the office before 9.

In the speech, Buhari also made it clear that each state will handle their peculiar issues accordingly.

Cut him some slack. At least he did not advise citizens to drink disinfectants like the most powerful man in the world did. (Yes, plenty morons drank it in USA)

What useless economy is the lawyer talking about ? An economy that is practically 100% dependent on oil price will not listen to English or Law terminologies. Even better prepared countries are technically in recession. There is no miracle anybody can perform on Nigeria economy right now.

Things are not yet normal and should be seen that way for now.
you mean the same places they couldn't disinfect in the past 4+ weeks??
Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by thegloor: 9:46am On Apr 28, 2020
AntiWailer:
He don start.

The curfew might be necessary to clean and disinfect general places before the next day.

I am sure Government workers and schools are still closed. The time is also 9 - 6 meaning that no office will expect u to get to the office before 9.

In the speech, Buhari also made it clear that each state will handle their peculiar issues accordingly.

Cut him some slack. At least he did not advise citizens to drink disinfectants like the most powerful man in the world did. (Yes, plenty morons drank it in USA)

What useless economy is the lawyer talking about ? An economy that is practically 100% dependent on oil price will not listen to English or Law terminologies. Even better prepared countries are technically in recession. There is no miracle anybody can perform on Nigeria economy right now.

How many places have you seen them disinfect?
Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by Vulcan24(m): 9:46am On Apr 28, 2020
HermesParis:

I'm sure the govt came up with this curfew idea as a result of too much pressure to lift the lockdown. Same people are the ones criticizing it now.

I'm not in support of the curfew cause obviously it can't work. We are fighting an unseen enemy who is neither hiding or resting. If truly we want to fight this, what I'm in total support of is Lockdown. Let us all stay at home, until we have a cure or vaccine.

you are sensible but up to the last line.... even your president admit no economy can stay on lockdown till a cure is found and u need to take a cure from the west.

pls don't repeat such in a meeting or public gathering... they will surely throw u out of d window
Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by Nobody: 9:47am On Apr 28, 2020
IMHO, the powers that be have made a calculated decision that people will die but.. the economy must go on. In many ways, it’s the only decision. In many ways it’s the right decision.

The country is broke! There is no federal allocation, the price of oil versus the cost of production is just about break even. The only govt income for the foreseeable future is private sector and the country can’t afford to have it shut.
Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by Nobody: 9:48am On Apr 28, 2020
AntiWailer:

May be u should read mine and u will see that I addressed 2 point from the article that I was interested in.

Curfew and Economy

U wouldn't have given that ur initial reply if u read the article.
Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by AntiWailer: 9:49am On Apr 28, 2020
thegloor:

How many places have you seen them disinfect?

Read again, the answer is right in my post.
Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by Akpaamunsi: 9:50am On Apr 28, 2020
:

[s]It is always good and refreshing to know that we still have reasonable and sensible people like you on this forum.
Anyone with Common sense will know what you type is nothing but the truth!
But unfortunately, very dull and stupid people abound more than reasonable members here.
That is why the sensible ones rather chose to read and pass without commenting, so to prevent some fools from contaminating them.
Thumbs up to you and the few reasonable and sensible members of this forum.
It is well.
God bless Nigeria. [/s]

It is always good and refreshing to know you have served your ban. Hope you can continue to be well behaved on this forum.
Akpaamunsi Agwu

1 Like

Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by Jeffy1206(m): 9:50am On Apr 28, 2020
Can we check the legs again see what he's wearing? wink wink
Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by YoungAncient1: 9:51am On Apr 28, 2020
His speeches have always been, 'uninspiring' Oga never seem to address matters directly. Last night, he only came to tell us what we had heard in the news already; based on his meeting with NGF.

Nations with forsight are already strategizing on how to rebuild. Some are already rebuilding amidst the pandemic, our nation is still dancing in circles. No vision, no knowledge, just dictation like primary school pupil.

Woe to that nation whose leader is a child!!
Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by adenigga(m): 9:54am On Apr 28, 2020
Herdsmen:
Is normal .. Apc is a confused party.. everything about them is confusions

...come to think of it, we have not heard from APC national chairman o, is he in perpetual self isolation or quarantine? Or he's as confused as APC?
Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by Vcent50: 9:56am On Apr 28, 2020
nairavsdollars:
Best time for curfew In Lagos is 10pm or 12am. Some people are still in office by 8pm

Every office need to adjust their time
Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by Farki: 9:57am On Apr 28, 2020
What do you expect from someone who doesn't live there and takes private jet, helicopter and motorcade everywhere he goes?

Politicians make laws thinking everywhere is Abuja.
Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by amaks: 9:58am On Apr 28, 2020
VaselineCrew:

There is zero need for a curfew, it’s either we are locked down or we aren’t.

We are not fighting terrorists, such that a curfew will help weed out those that are terrorizing at night. It’s a virus that doesn’t have a stipulated bedtime.

Good point. But i guess the curfew is not targetted at the virus but at economy. To at least enable some limited trade to help feed people.

1 Like

Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by TGM2015: 10:00am On Apr 28, 2020
Saao:
he talked about the realities using lagos as example, you leave office by 4pm but will get home by 11pm due to traffic. that is common sense and its the reality.
The realities in Lagos is that with many companies, clubs, recreation centers, schools, etc. not opening, the traffic will be far less than usual.
Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by MasterKernel: 10:00am On Apr 28, 2020
AntiWailer:

They will not be functional for now.

That is the reality. What revenue are they collecting ? Must the revenue be paid in cash ?

Will the Agboros stay off the roads, will Lekki toll gates be open? Will VAT be paused, will they not take tax from workers and companies?
Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by Farki: 10:03am On Apr 28, 2020
AntiWailer:
He don start.

What a baseless lie, he didn't tell them to drink disinfectant, he told them to inject it directly into their blood stream. grin

But seriously though only a jobless person or housewife will be able to follow this night curfew. People who live in Lekki or have to cross Third mainland every morning will understand.
Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by jaxxy(m): 10:04am On Apr 28, 2020
People jumping into conclusions without understanding. Why can't cufew work in lagos or anywhere in the world even new York Most business and skols are to remain closed bt sm peopl think it's back to business asusal bt no it's not.

If we are to maintain social distancing offices must work from home, some must have limited staffs at work. Why wudnt the curfew work?

Seems these guys want to take things for granted and spread the virus even more bt i know sanwolu will update them.

2 Likes

Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by Abboki: 10:09am On Apr 28, 2020
God bless you

adenigga:

You're blessed! And you will remain blessed till the end of tme.

You speak my mind, believed me!!!

1 Like

Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by jidxin(m): 10:10am On Apr 28, 2020
AntiWailer:
He don start.

oga common sense no common oooo.... You cant even read and understand. Its a pity someone raised a valid point wch has since after the speech being subject to arguments. But you are here spewing trash

1 Like

Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by Dominatrix(f): 10:16am On Apr 28, 2020
TheEffective:
shocked

Anyone who defends Buhari in these times is perhaps the most advanced ignoramus I have ever seen.

You can't go to work, feed yourself or family, depressed, no palliative or measure to cushion your growing debts, and no inspiration from the man you call Baba yet you defend him.

Find me a Buharist and I will show you one with a growing brain tumor. Idiots!

Louder!
Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by eyinola: 10:21am On Apr 28, 2020
VaselineCrew:

There is zero need for a curfew, it’s either we are locked down or we aren’t.

We are not fighting terrorists, such that a curfew will help weed out those that are terrorizing at night. It’s a virus that doesn’t have a stipulated bedtime.
lol, 6Pm -6am is d time Corona will be awake grin wen we all r on d road Corona will be sleeping den..radarada cool

1 Like

Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by NotComplaining: 10:23am On Apr 28, 2020
AntiWailer:
He don start.

Clearly your glass is half full, until you get robbed by your shoe shiner or cant find iya loja to buy food stuff from. You need to come off your high horse and see that poverty is the mother of all violent crimes. What institutions does Nigeria have in place to alleviate the stench of destitution similar to is counterparts elsewhere?

Remember, when a ship sinks it is naval code that the captain is first to die, i.e. kill himself. What you are blatently ignoring is the ineptitude of Nigerias leaders and blaming the poor for seeking reproach.
Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by EAkoteyon: 10:23am On Apr 28, 2020
nairavsdollars:
Best time for curfew In Lagos is 10pm or 12am. Some people are still in office by 8pm

[color=#770077][/color] if you know there is curfuw from 8pm what will you be doing in the office at that time.

Management of organisations are not daft they will simply work around it and have a new closing time time say 4pm, so you should be home before 8pm anywhere you're staying in Lagos.
It will work. Is it not better than now that we have total lockdown.

And the fact that there are no interstate movement, those buses can temporarily do intrastate operations.
Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by Staro: 10:26am On Apr 28, 2020
Buhari is author of
Confusion
Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by Nobody: 10:28am On Apr 28, 2020
Abboki:
All this online beggers with multiple bank account number will never acknowledge when someone sends money to them...

They can afford data but can't afford garri.

Lala is my boi

after they will attack anyone who post pictures of events happening around them claim ing such persons aren't complying with stay at home.

They are shameless to accept funds from people who hustle.
Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by blazetour1: 10:29am On Apr 28, 2020
Honestly, keeping curfew is like starting a rat race. The rush to beat the curfew will be so much to defeat the aim of social distancing. Let everyone go home when they want to go home jare. Besides, some states who lift lockdown at a certain day of the week also encourage this mad rush to get things done in a hurry by the citizens.
Best approach is to provide testing kits and proper tracking for anyone who has been in touch with index cars.[quote][/quote]
Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by Meteng: 10:33am On Apr 28, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Twitter Limits PIDOMNIGERIA Access To Account After Keyamo's US Property Exposed / Rivers Killings: Buhari Orders Security To Punish Sponsors / How Mobolaji Johnson Transformed Marina As Lagos Governor (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.