Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,420 members, 7,808,510 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:52 PM

Thousands Of People Wait For Onitsha Main Market To Open (Photos) - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Thousands Of People Wait For Onitsha Main Market To Open (Photos) (85585 Views)

Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) / Shoppers Storm Onitsha Main Market For Christmas Shopping (Video) / Chinese Spotted At Onitsha Main Market, Speaks Igbo, Claims Anambra Origin:video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thousands Of People Wait For Onitsha Main Market To Open (Photos) by intergral(m): 2:05pm On Apr 28, 2020
yanabasee:
The spread continues.....

Kano went about their beeniz like this and claimed they were majorly farmers and they're the ones feeding the nation.... So, today... they're now on a compulsory lockdown....

Enjoy your freedom, people...
they no longer farm like you think... If it is farming goto Northeast and all other states in Northwest except kano
Re: Thousands Of People Wait For Onitsha Main Market To Open (Photos) by Tywo2018: 2:08pm On Apr 28, 2020
Where are the thousands now what is it sef whats the population there. Take your time ooo

Re: Thousands Of People Wait For Onitsha Main Market To Open (Photos) by humilitypays(m): 2:20pm On Apr 28, 2020
iSlayer2:

Look here, I never ever supported the move to lift the ban on movement. I feel it is way too early and we may pay for it very dearly. I don't know how the decision was reached so soon. However, for that eze bida to wish Anambra turns to Kano will not be tolerated! Kano that nearly 700 people have died mysteriously is what she's wishing on Anambra? May Amadioha locate her there. Stupid girl!

But why won't Anambra turn to Kano when the drunkard of Anambra Governor decided to relax the lockdown and Onitsha traders didn't deem it fit to at least buy NGN100 Ankara face mask to cover their stupid faces to at least play their own role in curbing the spread

Are they not behaving like the much criticized Northerners everybody call illiterates What else did you expect him to say

You don't wish viral infection or death away, you do things that will stop you from getting infected by protecting yourself and then you pray for God's divine protection, not just wishing it away in the name of trying to defend a dumb Igbo Governor and dumb Onitsha traders angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Thousands Of People Wait For Onitsha Main Market To Open (Photos) by wealthyhenry(m): 2:20pm On Apr 28, 2020
RuddyFusion:

No need for preventive measures?....By the way how many testing for the virus has been done in Anambra? How many?
It's been more than 2weeks of inter state ban. Asymptomatic cases would have been revealed within this period if there was any.

Why do you think they lifted the ban? Cos at the expiration of the two weeks lockdown no case was revealed And as long as there's no exit and ingress into the state, no new case will be recorded.
Re: Thousands Of People Wait For Onitsha Main Market To Open (Photos) by RuddyFusion(m): 2:20pm On Apr 28, 2020
MasterKernel:

You're critical of them not maintaining social distance, I then asked you a simple question, how will Lagos residents deal with social distancing whole boarding buses?

First the two cases are not same, unlike buses they do have spaces to position themselves well...by Monday we will know how Lagos commuters will observe social distancing
Re: Thousands Of People Wait For Onitsha Main Market To Open (Photos) by RuddyFusion(m): 2:23pm On Apr 28, 2020
wealthyhenry:

It's been more than 2weeks of inter state ban. Asymptomatic cases would have been revealed within this period if there was any.

Why do you think they lifted the ban? Cos at the expiration of the two weeks lockdown no case was revealed And as long as there's no exit and ingress into the state, no new case will be recorded.

Lockdowns do not reveal Covid-19 cases, testing does.

Moreover Anambra interstate blockage did not prevent me and many others to commute past its borders...

1 Like

Re: Thousands Of People Wait For Onitsha Main Market To Open (Photos) by SpaceTour: 2:28pm On Apr 28, 2020
Abagworo:
Owerri is a shithole like Lagos and Warri

Owerri is truly the shithole of Nigeria as shown below

Re: Thousands Of People Wait For Onitsha Main Market To Open (Photos) by Nobody: 2:33pm On Apr 28, 2020
humilitypays:
But why won't Anambra turn to Kano when the drunkard of Anambra Governor decided to relax the lockdown and Onitsha traders didn't deem it fit to at least buy NGN100 Ankara face mask to cover their stupid faces to at least play their own role in curbing the spread

Are they not behaving like the much criticized Northerners everybody call illiterates What else did you expect him to say

You don't wish viral infection or death away, you do things that will stop you from getting infected by protecting yourself and then you pray for God's divine protection, not just wishing it away in the name of trying to defend a dumb Igbo Governor and dumb Onitsha traders angry angry

Please gimme your state.
Re: Thousands Of People Wait For Onitsha Main Market To Open (Photos) by MasterKernel: 2:50pm On Apr 28, 2020
RuddyFusion:

First the two cases are not same, unlike buses they do have spaces to position themselves well...by Monday we will know how Lagos commuters will observe social distancing

Which first two cases? Let me start by stating the standard of social distancing which is 1 Meter distance, meaning a yellow bus can't take more than 8 people, resulting to high fare, with massive lay-off looming as a result of the pandemic.

I'm not trying to sound politically correct, logically... We can't practice social distancing in Lagos.
Re: Thousands Of People Wait For Onitsha Main Market To Open (Photos) by PentiumPro(f): 3:07pm On Apr 28, 2020
Arrewa:

Yes it's normal because na for east!

If this same shit happens somewhere in yobe
Then it's as a result of illiteracy
They will even blame Islam for it!

These same people will come online to tell you how backward northerners are!

Onitsha that has hundreds of foreign returnees!! No facemask no social distancing!!

These same people will come online looking for a news to mock kano with!!

Blaming kano for not closing down markets and mosques before the virus get there!

Hypocrisy is going to consume the east!

Loud that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thousands Of People Wait For Onitsha Main Market To Open (Photos) by DrSamOnowu87(m): 3:15pm On Apr 28, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
Note I'm not against Anambra state government opening their market or churches but what I'm against is coming into Asaba or Delta state as a whole for now, as long as this is down ,may God protect them all cry
Coming to Delta State to do what kwanu? How can u live a coronavirus free state that has been on lockdown for 1 month without any new case to enter Delta soap or state where corona has infected alot of people and ve terminated one. Amu not undestanding where some fifle are reasoning 4rm.

1 Like

Re: Thousands Of People Wait For Onitsha Main Market To Open (Photos) by Thane(m): 3:24pm On Apr 28, 2020
stevmatt15:

You mean Onitsha market is bigger than Lagos market?
ofcourse
Re: Thousands Of People Wait For Onitsha Main Market To Open (Photos) by odogwunaija(m): 3:41pm On Apr 28, 2020
RuddyFusion:

Drop the link here

U and Google dey quarrel?
Re: Thousands Of People Wait For Onitsha Main Market To Open (Photos) by Urchman200: 3:47pm On Apr 28, 2020
As an igboman I don't support this, it shows the level of sensitisation by obiano led administration, seeing the face mask is also a problem.
Re: Thousands Of People Wait For Onitsha Main Market To Open (Photos) by PrettyBoyBreezy(m): 4:23pm On Apr 28, 2020
RuddyFusion:
No face masks

No social distancing

No nothing...

To say that i am disappointed, will be an understatement.
To make new rule/law is easy but to enforce it is hard.
People are treating tis virus like its some type of joke while Americans are dying by the thousands. What a shame.
Re: Thousands Of People Wait For Onitsha Main Market To Open (Photos) by RuddyFusion(m): 4:30pm On Apr 28, 2020
odogwunaija:

U and Google dey quarrel?

Nope he's my friend ....just prove your point that's all
Re: Thousands Of People Wait For Onitsha Main Market To Open (Photos) by RuddyFusion(m): 4:32pm On Apr 28, 2020
PrettyBoyBreezy:

To say that i am disappointed, will be an understatement.
To make new rule/law is easy but to enforce it is hard.
People are treating tis virus like its some type of joke while Americans are dying by the thousands. What a shame.

Too bad it boils down to the believe system down there and the government also
Re: Thousands Of People Wait For Onitsha Main Market To Open (Photos) by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 5:38pm On Apr 28, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
Obiano what to cash out so soon cheesy grin Governor okowa please tight our boundary with Anambra state well well cheesy grin both land and Water because Obiano is going mad

You are confused
Re: Thousands Of People Wait For Onitsha Main Market To Open (Photos) by okpalaAnambra: 6:16pm On Apr 28, 2020
investnow2013:
UPDATE:

PHOTO

-Onitsha main market which is the Biggest market in West Africa yesterday morning view, after Gov Willie Obiano relaxed the lock down.

Ps: The Market has not officially opened but as usual Man get to hustle ☺ OTU NKWO.

#Besage
#Useurfacemarsk
#Coronaisreal
#OnithsaAdo
Lol...who made it largest...see any calling itself a bird...Corona locking round anambra adding the gully erosions... anambra is a gonna
Re: Thousands Of People Wait For Onitsha Main Market To Open (Photos) by okpalaAnambra: 6:23pm On Apr 28, 2020
Arrewa:
shut up!!onye nzunzu!

So icho ka omechie onu ka unu bu ndi Anambra buru oria banye obodo ha okwaya??

Unu bu Ndi Anambra adighi enwecha uche!
Hapu ha... Anambra ajóka...Ndi Anambra enwero uche cha cha..ha n'eme Ka atúrú

1 Like

Re: Thousands Of People Wait For Onitsha Main Market To Open (Photos) by Arrewa: 6:27pm On Apr 28, 2020
okpalaAnambra:

Hapu ha... Anambra ajóka...Ndi Anambra enwero uche cha cha..ha n'eme Ka atúrú
grin grin
Re: Thousands Of People Wait For Onitsha Main Market To Open (Photos) by okpalaAnambra: 6:33pm On Apr 28, 2020
Arrewa:
grin grin
Lee añya nwanne..Hapugodi ndí Ngwa, Nsukka m'obu Abakaliki , Ka Anyi megide Nani ndi a kpóró onwe ha ndí omambala makana úbúrú ha ezuchaghi oke
Re: Thousands Of People Wait For Onitsha Main Market To Open (Photos) by Arrewa: 6:35pm On Apr 28, 2020
okpalaAnambra:

Lee añya nwanne..Hapugodi ndí Ngwa, Nsukka m'obu Abakaliki , Ka Anyi megide Nani ndi a kpóró onwe ha ndí omambala makana úbúrú ha ezuchaghi oke
Nwanne idi egwu!
Re: Thousands Of People Wait For Onitsha Main Market To Open (Photos) by Jaspaman: 7:17pm On Apr 28, 2020
Herdsmen:

Uche m di ya nwa dia..Owero! Corona pakiziri men over here. grin

Hehehe...Enwe kwa men ka n'aku oo. grin
Re: Thousands Of People Wait For Onitsha Main Market To Open (Photos) by mvem(m): 8:08pm On Apr 28, 2020
iSlayer2:

Look here, I never ever supported the move to lift the ban on movement. I feel it is way too early and we may pay for it very dearly. I don't know how the decision was reached so soon. However, for that eze bida to wish Anambra turns to Kano will not be tolerated! Kano that nearly 700 people have died mysteriously is what she's wishing on Anambra? May Amadioha locate her there. Stupid girl!

but you guyz here keep on saying the north will have it more, they are this and that...now when someone reciprocate, you guyz will get angry....I have read many here wanting it to be more in the north... Why?
Re: Thousands Of People Wait For Onitsha Main Market To Open (Photos) by LZAA: 8:14pm On Apr 28, 2020
imhotep:

Arrewa needs urgent consolation.
He also needs to confess that Igbo amaka.

Cc lzaa itooworwor metaphysical

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thousands Of People Wait For Onitsha Main Market To Open (Photos) by okpalaAnambra: 8:46pm On Apr 28, 2020
humilitypays:

You're right dear...most of the traders we have in anambra are illiterates..don't blame them much
Re: Thousands Of People Wait For Onitsha Main Market To Open (Photos) by macfish101(m): 8:45am On Apr 29, 2020
Osidazz19:

Are you talking about the same Biafuro land that people are running from to the same North that you are abusing? How many Nigerians are leaving their land and heading to Biafuro land? That should tell you something.
biafra is a child of circumstance. Naturally, people migrate from war torn countries for economic reasons. Remember that biafrans are enterprising people that's why no one is shocked how we bounced back economically after losing everything. What biafra was able to produce by themselves within the 30 months of its existence will forever be a dream never to be achieved in Nigeria. Is it the airport?? Is it the ammunitions and explosives, is it the automobiles both land, sea and water, is the refining of fuel? Can you compare the worth of a biafran pound to a naira. I tell you, if this was biafra going through this pandemic, their universities will be looking for a cure not like the parasitic Nigerian idealogy. Honestly, if biafra had remained till now, can you compare even the air you breathe in Nigeria to Biafra?? So brother relax, just give us biafra and watch, one day you can come visit with your visa. Please stop supporting this government of evidence burning and fraud
Re: Thousands Of People Wait For Onitsha Main Market To Open (Photos) by Osidazz19: 8:53am On Apr 29, 2020
[s]
macfish101:
biafra is a child of circumstance. Naturally, people migrate from war torn countries for economic reasons. Remember that biafrans are enterprising people that's why no one is shocked how we bounced back economically after losing everything. What biafra was able to produce by themselves within the 30 months of its existence will forever be a dream never to be achieved in Nigeria. Is it the airport?? Is it the ammunitions and explosives, is it the automobiles both land, sea and water, is the refining of fuel? Can you compare the worth of a biafran pound to a naira. I tell you, if this was biafra going through this pandemic, their universities will be looking for a cure not like the parasitic Nigerian idealogy. Honestly, if biafra had remained till now, can you compare even the air you breathe in Nigeria to Biafra?? So brother relax, just give us biafra and watch, one day you can come visit with your visa. Please stop supporting this government of evidence burning and fraud
[/s]

Utter empty chest beating TRASH.

Visit Biafuro with a visa? Bro, it's going to be the other way around. We shall kick all of you back to your jungle and seal the border. You will beg to come to the SW and rest of Nigeria.

Pls I'm not in the mood for this........
Re: Thousands Of People Wait For Onitsha Main Market To Open (Photos) by HappyAmInCANADA: 10:41am On Apr 29, 2020
when many of you start dieing like chicken ya all will know that covid 19 is real.....stay at home ya all are eager to go back to this dirty place

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dangote Building Oil Refinery In Lagos (Video) / Man Uses Stick To Operate ATM As Coronavirus Precautionary Measure (Pix, Video) / Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.