Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:50 PM

Post Your Vista Problems Here - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Vista Problems Here (22994 Views)

BBM For PC Download, Blackberry Messenger For Windows7/8/vista Computer / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by iice(f): 3:05pm On Jun 11, 2007
@bigrovar, iight i shall try that one when next i reformat my pc. Am enjoying my xp right now and when it falls apart, i will do that. Actually i think my graphic card was the problem. But right now if it aint broke. . .

Thanks sha on the advice cheesy
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 3:22pm On Jun 11, 2007
smiley smiley all the best
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by juintade(m): 8:24pm On Jun 11, 2007
I am sorry but why would you be using Vista when Microsoft XP is still the best OS from Microsoft in ages. May be in 5 - 7 years time this topic might be useful.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 9:10pm On Jun 11, 2007
juintade:

I am sorry but why would you be using Vista when Microsoft XP is still the best OS from Microsoft in ages. May be in 5 - 7 years time this topic might be useful.

u dont know what u r talking about. an os that sold 40million copies in first 60 days of release is for the 5-7 year time.when Ms Said they would be facing out XP next year, really i dont know what to say to u, just go to sleep knowing that Vista nobi XP mate at all, use vista on a good system and u would neva near XP again Never in your life,
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Caradona(f): 10:16pm On Jun 11, 2007
what i hate about vista is sometimes when i want to delete a file i get this message " you have no permission to perform this action, access denied". or sometimes i can't play a media file. but thankfully i now installed NERO 7 media player.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 11:18pm On Jun 11, 2007
Caradona:

what i hate about vista is sometimes when i want to delete a file i get this message " you have no permission to perform this action, access denied". or sometimes i can't play a media file. but thankfully i now installed NERO 7 media player.

usually happens when u attempt to delete a file from the programs files in your C drive.i guess its part of the security measures of vista.what i do is to move the file to a safe directory like say public folder then i would delete the file there, and it works most times , u can also try checking the file's attribute to make sure that it is not a read only file, u could also rename the file or in some cases restart the system so the if the file saw been used by another program a fresh reboot might free it making it eligible for delete.and about the nero that is what am using too, since i discovered that windows media and media center don't play .VOB files the root files for dvds.but with nero who cares, however make sure that u are using the latest nero as at the last time i checked that was version 7.9.6.0 every other nero has 1 or 2 issues with vista , Vista ROOOOOOOOCKS

Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Caradona(f): 1:09am On Jun 12, 2007
I agree Vista rocks too. there are things i love about it,
for example, you can see the thumbnails of movie files before you play it and another one, i don't need to install a third party software to partition a hard drive as it has an embedded software to partition it
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by chichimma(f): 1:14am On Jun 12, 2007
The problems I have with Vista are with Microsoft Word program:

When I want to save a document that I downloaded. There is no option of  save as  which is a big problem when I want to save documents to other directories.  I read the  manual and don´t know how this problem can be solved.

Converting a word document into a jpg (adobe reader) ??  I have adobe reader installed but I can´t seem to find how I can convert a word document into a jpg with Vista

Can someone help me with the Microsoft problems I am having with Vista
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by chrysler(m): 1:34am On Jun 12, 2007
the model of my computer is vgn-fe41s and the sond driver is sigmatel high definition AUDIO CODEC incorporated in sound,video and game controller
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by chrysler(m): 1:59am On Jun 12, 2007
I went thru the following processes which i got from sony.co.uk

From FAQs,i got the following information:
1.Download drivers

2.Uninstall sound card in device manager

3. After the second step, vista will then automatically install the driver

From sony themselves, the recommended the following:
1.Download STDAUD-10 487700-UN.exe and save to download directory

2.Go to download directory and double click

I followed the steps 1 by 1 up till the area of double clicking on the STDAUD, and immediately the computer said if i wanted to run it and i said yes, after running,the computer told me it was going to shut down and re-open itself again and ii chose the option

The problem now is when i later went to device mgr under sound,video and game controller,i saw Sigmatel high
definition AUDIO CODEC and i uninstalled it and expected the computer to automatically install STDAUD, but nothing happened, i tried playing the disc on my media player and still did not hear any sound whatso ever,

Since i did not delete this on my computer, i had to re-install it back,

Pls is there any other thing like sound card apart from this on or possibly i ave still not arrived at what i shld really do

Pls advise me more on this
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by dakmanzero(m): 10:59am On Jun 12, 2007
Ah, texas pete, the number 1 vista evangelist grin

lol. Maybe I should tell u people my own vista problem, sef! grin

The runtime libraries for DB2 version 8.1 do not launch the TSR components, and when you force them to, the command line tools do not work, instead exiting silently with no eror messages.

Uninstallation does not work because the installer profile apparently has no permissions to delete the contents of the program files/ibm folder,

installation tools for newer versions of DB2 crash on launch,

IBM does not list vista among supported operating systems,

changing the hosts file is a pain,

Anyway we eventually found workarounds to those problems but its an ongoing wahala -fest. We have 2 vista laptops here that we are using to simulate the production environment back home and everything has to be tested on them. Vista ALWAYS throws up problems. The wahala of that thing too much.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 11:26am On Jun 12, 2007
@ chichimma
i have experienced that problem before with vista before or maybe I can’t quite get what u are saying, Anyway i know that the new interface can be quite confusing when u want to save a .doc. It’s quite different from xp. By the way is it Office 2003 or 2007 that u use? When u attempt to save a file on 2003 i.e "save as" look carefully at the drop down menu. u would is "Browse" when u click on that u would see a display of your computer directory. Select where u want to save your file. that should do it. however if u use 2007 that quite at the top left angle 90 of your screen u would see an office icon click on it and select save as from the drop down menu.
about the converting to jpg-to start with i never knew that u could convert .DOC- .JPG .pdf yes but jpg-thats a new one anyway all u have to do is look for and download add-ins that should do it, by the way if want a link to where u can download the New office 2007 drop your email and i will send it to u. its the enterprise edition and the most comprehensive of all the 2007 Office program . This one requires no license key on internet verification just download an install, if i was of help hula me, N.B its about 540mb to download.

dakmanzero:

Ah, texas pete, the number 1 vista evangelist grin

lol. Maybe I should tell u people my own vista problem, sef! grin

The runtime libraries for DB2 version 8.1 do not launch the TSR components, and when you force them to, the command line tools do not work, instead exiting silently with no eror messages.

Uninstallation does not work because the installer profile apparently has no permissions to delete the contents of the program files/ibm folder,

installation tools for newer versions of DB2 crash on launch,

IBM does not list vista among supported operating systems,

changing the hosts file is a pain,

Anyway we eventually found workarounds to those problems but its an ongoing wahala -fest. We have 2 vista laptops here that we are using to simulate the production environment back home and everything has to be tested on them. Vista ALWAYS throws up problems. The wahala of that thing too much.
I hear u,and am sure u blame vista for ur ibm progamme not being compatible with vista, so tell me wise oNE is an Os that is suppose to be compatible with a programme or is it the other way round, ibm was lazy not to create a program that functions well on vista.but vista gets the blame, ao nice.
grin
chrysler:

the model of my computer is vgn-fe41s and the sond driver is sigmatel high definition AUDIO CODEC incorporated in sound,video and game controller
why wasnt i surprised that sigmatel driver as some issues with vista when u upgrade.please give me some times and i will surely get back to u ok,

Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by chrysler(m): 2:53pm On Jun 12, 2007
I`ll be waiting, 10 Q 4 D LUV U 1/2 4 ME!
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 4:44pm On Jun 12, 2007
yeah am back, i hope u not done anything drastic, i found out that the problem u are experiencing is a very common one its a know issue with vista.and the solution am going to give u has helped everybody with the problem.
first download and install the update from MS.it iresolves the issue.
Update for Windows Vista (KB929685) (already downloaded it and sent it to yr email)

"Install this update to address an issue that may prevent high-definition audio devices from initializing after resuming the system from a sleep or hibernation state."

-, put the PC to sleep .

-now go to Conrol Panel -> System -> Select the Device Manager and find the Sound entry. Expand it. Click the entry for High Definiton Audio Device with the right mouse button. Uninstall it and the software too (check the box).rememeber to check the box the uninstall the software.
-Now put the PC to sleep. When it restarts it will reinstall the Audio device.

Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 4:52pm On Jun 12, 2007
i really do hope it works as u can see i have attached the update file to my post, and i sent one to ur mail.good luck bro. wink
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 4:56pm On Jun 12, 2007
if u need further clarification vists this site http://club.vaio.sony.co.uk/clubvaio/gb/en/forum/viewthread?thread=39831 got quite some people with the problem, u can share from their experience, pls get back to me a soon as u can am anxious to now if it worked
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 5:06pm On Jun 12, 2007
if anybody need to get free drivers 4 vista u can check here http://www.radarsync.com/vista/
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by chichimma(f): 6:59pm On Jun 12, 2007
@bigrovar

Thank you, thank you , thank you. You are of good help are you some Vista Guru, proficiat cheesy
I need to figure out Microsoft 2007 since I am using it for work and the tip you gave me worked immediately .

I meant with converting a doc file to a pdf, guess you knew that already wink.
My emailadress is amachira@hotmail.com
I will appreciate the link to download the add ins. By the way, I have the program Adobe reader already does that matter?
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 7:55pm On Jun 12, 2007
thankGod i was able to help smiley, About the pdf converter u can download one here http://www.pdfmachine.com/genp/download.shtml its not free though.but u can get a demo.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by samboribo(m): 12:16am On Jun 13, 2007
i just got an Acer Aspire notebook a few weeks back, vista pre-installed. 2 major problems i'm currently having now;

1. it keeps telling me to activate windows with original vista key. i have it right under the notebook and the 1st time, it accepted the it gladly during registration. right now, i get a reminder like twice every day cos the key keeps telling me invalid every time i put it.

2. when i have many tabs open, it automatically closes all tabs and the window and then re-opens a new window. i don't like that cos sometimes i lost vital pages.

@bigrovar

i'll be needing that kaspersky. i'm usually at officers village, ojo cantonment every weekend and it's not far from your school (LASU, ojo campus). so if we can hook up on a weekend since it's free, i'd appreciate. also, MS Office 2007. thanks!

cool cool cool
IBB
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 1:56am On Jun 13, 2007
samboribo:

i just got an Acer Aspire notebook a few weeks back, vista pre-installed. 2 major problems i'm currently having now;

1. it keeps telling me to activate windows with original vista key. i have it right under the notebook and the 1st time, it accepted the it gladly during registration. right now, i get a reminder like twice every day because the key keeps telling me invalid every time i put it.

2. when i have many tabs open, it automatically closes all tabs and the window and then re-opens a new window. i don't like that because sometimes i lost vital pages.

@bigrovar

i'll be needing that kaspersky. i'm usually at officers village, ojo cantonment every weekend and it's not far from your school (LASU, ojo campus). so if we can hook up on a weekend since it's free, i'd appreciate. also, MS Office 2007. thanks!

cool cool cool
IBB

ur problem is a known issue with vista,and they are update avaliable to correct the problem, connect ur sytem to the internet and try download all the ur vista update , that should rectify the problem, concerning the kaspersky,MS Office 2007,I through with Lasu finished 3 month ago now stay in Okota isolo.o would not be able to come down sorry.but if u could come down to me place then no problem, cheers
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by dakmanzero(m): 8:44am On Jun 13, 2007
lol, bigbrovar

Oga i am not apportioning blame o. This is not community court. I just want my stuff to work.

IBM obviously doesnt give a sh**t about vista, so they arent making any efforts to get their stuff to work. What this means is, my company that has invested hundreds of millions in IBM hardware and software has to avoid vista like the plague.

No blame, just vista wahala

Anyway, we found workarounds, but it involved downgrading vista's security settings. At the end of the day we might as well be using XP. Plus its DOG SLOW on vista

Thats why I say, wait for service pack 1. By then there will be fixes in the OS for all the wahala, and by then vista will be common enough for IBM to take notice and start ceritifying their products. At least the latest fixpacks for db2 include vista support, its just that our trade finance application isnt certified for that version of DB2. Only God knows whether IBM will bother with older versions, so we have to wait for our vendor to upgrade and re-certify. Buit then we will be STUPID to deploy the new version immediately because it will obviously be full of bugs!

So as you can see, rushing to vista is not the best solution for everybody.

PS: we had more vista wahala today but once again, workarounds were found. Dont worry, Ill have some juicy vista problems to post soon cheesy
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by chichimma(f): 2:43pm On Jun 13, 2007
@ Bigrovar,

Thank you for the link
Do you know any website I can download the add-ins for free?
Or can anyone else recommend sites that I can download pdf add-ins for free?

Please, let me know asap.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by abdulD1(m): 3:13pm On Jun 13, 2007
vista
i don't even know where to start.
the truth is i've been using it for like 6 months and still not satisfied.
everytime i try something new, problem emerges.
Either with installing new hardwares, softwares or something to do with networking.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by samboribo(m): 4:03pm On Jun 13, 2007
@bigrovar

we'll keep in touch. my chat id (same as my email address) is in my profile. just send me a message via YIM and you can include your number as well. i run around the okota route from time to time. thanks so far!

cool
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 8:05pm On Jun 13, 2007
abdul_D:

vista
i don't even know where to start.
the truth is i've been using it for like 6 months and still not satisfied.
everytime i try something new, problem emerges.
Either with installing new hardwares, softwares or something to do with networking.
thats strange cus i have also been using vista 4 about 6 month and i have never encountered any big problem just minor issues with applications that were incompatible, the good news is that most of them have updated their programmes unlike 4-5 months ago, about hardwares,i connect my vista to printers,mass-storage device,play 4 sure music players,bluetooth devices,webcams,external keypads,game pads,am currently surfing with my starcomms evdo,and b4 that used the moble phone dialup,non of these hardwares gave me problems,and about the networking,4 me that is the greatest achievement of vista making networking so easy,things i couldnt do on xp were done with a breeze on vista,the networking is just crazy, i dont know what to say.look at wlan it works as seamless as bluetooth only strong and faster, really i dont know what to say, but then its got its own problems which is expected for a nu os,

Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by isho: 8:58pm On Jun 13, 2007
guy u are doing a wonderful job to this forum. i'm novice with a computer system and i got a HP pavillon with vista home premium.pls i tried to download the recovery to backup the system but i encountered some problems. i tried this download from the recovery manager icon through the start menu. also i tried the my computer menu to download the recovery but i couldnt get through. please kindly help out by telling me the correct route to go through. all this problem bogged down to high technology in vista.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 10:31pm On Jun 13, 2007
please can u tell me or describe the nature of the problem u are encountering , so i that could know the kind of solution that would be appropriate
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 10:48pm On Jun 13, 2007
by the way where u trying to download or where u trying to burn ur recovery disks, cus if its a new system then u dont need to download ur recovery disk cus they are embedded in a recovery partition in ur system all u need to do is burn them into empty dvds, and the recovery manager should naturally guide u through the process
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 10:49pm On Jun 13, 2007
please tis post is about vista problems angry
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 10:51pm On Jun 13, 2007
please tis post is about vista problems angry
tosadex:

Hello NAME,

I want to tell you about great site I found. They pay me to read e-mail,
visit web sites and much more.

It's free to join and easy to sign up! CLICK THIS
LINK TO VISIT: http://www.minutegold.com/pages/index.php?refid=tosadex

Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by spaceworld: 6:40am On Jun 14, 2007
bigrovar,
Yeah good to see ur good job here, i am so suprise with the fast knowledge on vista, well, it is a good one, I know vista will have application problem till next 9 to 10 month, then it will come up with service packs and patches, that is why i do not use the O/S now, then perfection would have been done to the O/S

Just love ur contribution, happy to have u as my alma mater on this forum

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Browse Free On Pc Using Airtel / Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. / Five-year-old Passes Microsoft Exam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.