Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,400 members, 7,781,156 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:58 AM

Post Your Vista Problems Here - Computers (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Vista Problems Here (22996 Views)

BBM For PC Download, Blackberry Messenger For Windows7/8/vista Computer / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Muza(m): 12:29pm On Nov 28, 2008
Ex Inferis:

you are most welcome.

base score is a combination of many factors in relation to how properly equipped your system is in running vista. the factors include RAM, CPU, and graphics card. if you are running on a desktop machine simply upgrade the mentioned components for better ones. for example if your board supports it, get a faster RAM module(sometimes the speed of memory matters more than the quantity) at least something in the region of 800mhz (or 600mhz minimum).

you can find good Nvidia or ATI graphics chipsets/GPUs for the PCI or AGP slot.

CPU doesnt really matter much but multicores are a good idea.

if you are on a laptop or can't afford the upgrade components then turn of Vista Aero or downgrade to Vista basic.

info not clear enough, either reinstall windows (upgrading nedia player doesnt always work; the previous one must be in working order) or try alternatives such as itunes, winamp, Jet Audio, songbird, kantaris, or media monkey. most of these have better codecs than WMP.

try to find out the sort of sound device in your laptop, or better yet give us the model so we can search for you.

Actually i know how you can increase your base score without upgrading any hardware but its risky.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by xxVictorxx(m): 12:12pm On Nov 29, 2008
u guys are doing ojoro ohhh, You make thread for Vista only, Why not for Xp, Please i really need you help, I just buy a laptop (HP) and when i turn it on, it will one but, when getting to the desktop side it will have to take something like 7ins to load all my network connect, and because that time, if i attempt to opening them the system will freeze, Please i need some hlep, You can im me at vickyboy2436@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by oraclefemi(m): 1:40pm On Dec 02, 2008
Please nairalanders i have been having problems with my ACER(WINDOWS VISTA) i cant access the disk drive and even my flash drive on it anymore, it put a red circle on it and i cant play anything on my drive neither can i access my flash drive on it . It has a red circle like a stop sign on both DVD DRIVE AND MY FLASH, PLEASE WHAT CAN I DO ? I HAVE AN URGENT PROJECT THAT I NEED TO DO PLS HELP ME !!!
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by uspry1(f): 4:11pm On Dec 02, 2008
oraclefemi:

Please nairalanders i have been having problems with my ACER(WINDOWS VISTA) i can't access the disk drive and even my flash drive on it anymore, it put a red circle on it and i can't play anything on my drive neither can i access my flash drive on it . It has a red circle like a stop sign on both DVD DRIVE AND MY FLASH, PLEASE WHAT CAN I DO ? I HAVE AN URGENT PROJECT THAT I NEED TO DO please HELP ME !!!

@oraclefemi

I think you need go Acer site obtaining the following drivers that are missing on your computer/laptop, where it prompted a error:red circle, you need to download at below (be sure to select which OS during driver download phrase---Windows Vista specified):

[list]
[li]USB port driver[/li]
[li]DVD/CD driver[/li]
[/list]

Be sure you have update your Windows update with Service Package 3 (SP3) or latest version from windowsupdate.microsoft.com or use your start button you see the icon "Windows Upgrade" as following instruction below:

To use this site, you must be running Microsoft Internet Explorer 5 or later.

To upgrade to the latest version of the browser, go to the Internet Explorer Downloads website.

If you prefer to use a different web browser, you can obtain updates from the Microsoft Download Center or you can stay up to date with the latest critical and security updates by using Automatic Updates. To turn on Automatic Updates:

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
2. Depending on which Control Panel view you use, Classic or Category, do one of the following:
* Click System, and then click the Automatic Updates tab.
* Click Performance and Maintenance, click System, and then click the Automatic Updates tab.
3. Click the option that you want. Make sure Automatic Updates is not turned off.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by brightk(m): 7:13pm On Dec 03, 2008
Hello Nairalanders,

I am having problems with my laptop as the vista runs 2 slow for my likin. i want to install windows xp on it. but when ever put my xp sp2 cd on it and it boots up on getting to the point of starting windows, it doesnt see my hard drive (setup cannot find any compatible hard drive). i am really confused on what to do. i dont know how to go about this

I have abandoned most of my jobs for some days now all becos of this stuff any help from u guys?
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by ExInferis(m): 7:38pm On Dec 03, 2008
brightk:

Hello Nairalanders,

I am having problems with my laptop as the vista runs 2 slow for my likin. i want to install windows xp on it. but when ever put my xp sp2 cd on it and it boots up on getting to the point of starting windows, it doesnt see my hard drive (setup cannot find any compatible hard drive). i am really confused on what to do. i don't know how to go about this

I have abandoned most of my jobs for some days now all because of this stuff any help from u guys?

SATA problems.

win XP sp2 doesnt contain drivers for Serial ATA drives, so your options are:

1. down load XP service pack 3 and slipstream it into xp sp2 (google Nlite for instructions)

2. go to BIOS and look for anything like SATA support, disable it and try installing XP

3. Get Windows XP Dark Edition V.6 (google), it works on SATA drives without SP3 and also install lots of bonus utilities and eyecandy.

check its screenie below.

Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by coolniger: 12:14am On Dec 05, 2008
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Smily202(m): 12:30pm On Dec 06, 2008
Pls my fellow nairalanders.Am having problem with my vista.Sometimes wen i logged in to my window it freezes and later display a blue screen showing and error occur and restarts itself immeditaly and also opening my intalled app is diffic to intall new one very diffi.Pls am on my kneels any one who is willing to help me should pls reply or email at buchis4uk@yahoo.com.Thanks
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by ExInferis(m): 1:03pm On Dec 06, 2008
Smily202:

please my fellow nairalanders.Am having problem with my vista.Sometimes when i  logged in to my window it freezes and later display a blue screen showing and error occur and restarts itself immeditaly and also opening my intalled app is diffic to intall new one very diffi.please am on my kneels any one who is willing to help me should please reply or email at buchis4uk@yahoo.com.Thanks

what you have is the infamous Blue Screen of Death (BSoD). it mostly stems from device driver improperly installed or incompatible with your system. if you know you recently installed some new hardware, boot from the vista CD and select to repair your computer; select system restore and restore to a time before the installation.

refer your case here:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-199394.0.html
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by flyuche(m): 12:49pm On Dec 07, 2008
@ Ex. i wish you could drop a direct link to getting the windows xp v.6
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by ExInferis(m): 1:33pm On Dec 07, 2008
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by flyuche(m): 8:06pm On Dec 07, 2008
file could not be found.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by kaypumpin2(m): 11:25am On Dec 08, 2008
I have a problem with my laptop which is vista,a sony viao.Anytime i connect it to my starcomms izap it doesnt open so many sites as gmail,yahoo and some other vital sites.But if i put the same connection on some of the other system,window xp that i have,it does open all this other site fastly.What could be the problem.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by abdsamad(m): 10:58pm On Dec 08, 2008
vista is so so fucking up. 4 about a week now browsing has been impossible both using the phone n a cable. Its shows there's a connection but leaves the signal at its weakest which never makes sense cos other systems are always online around me. I've done everything i know, even restored the system to its 1st day,stupid thing just shows local only connection.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by ExInferis(m): 5:17pm On Dec 09, 2008
kay_pumpin:

I have a problem with my laptop which is vista,a sony viao.Anytime i connect it to my starcomms izap it doesnt open so many sites as gmail,yahoo and some other vital sites.But if i put the same connection on some of the other system,window xp that i have,it does open all this other site fastly.What could be the problem.

problem with secure sites ie https. check your security settings.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 09, 2008
@ Exinferis,

pls help with this problem; i notice this morning that whenever I connect my powerpack to the lappy, the light dropped on the screen. could this be the pack's problm or from the lappy?
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by ExInferis(m): 7:44pm On Dec 09, 2008
netsurf:

@ Exinferis,

please help with this problem; i notice this morning that whenever I connect my powerpack to the lappy, the light dropped on the screen. could this be the pack's problm or from the lappy?

im assuming you meant the light dims on the display, abi? well, if your lappy is on a powersaving scheme, the reverse is supposed to be the case: the light is supposed to brighten when charging. therefore there probably is something wrong with either the powerpack or the connector on the lappy.

im actually a software person, so get one of them "engineers" to check it out.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by freezze(m): 9:50pm On Dec 13, 2008
I removed vista from my dell inspiron and loaded xp after this the audio does not come out any more what can i do
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Neoteny(m): 1:36pm On Dec 14, 2008
freezze:

I removed vista from my dell inspiron and loaded xp after this the audio does not come out any more what can i do

you should've have backed up your drivers before uninstalling (though vista audio drivers may not work in an xp environment). just go to Dell support webpage and check your model's sound drivers.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by tpoint: 6:37pm On Dec 17, 2008
Hello House I Have a problem with my HP 530 laptop, I just finished downloading an update called Vista Service pack 1, after downloading and Installing I tried to restart my Lap top then a message came up telling me that the windows cannot start up that I should click on the repair button to fix the problem, My problem is that I have tried this fixing shit severally but it keeps coming up. if i should install a software and later decide to restart my laptop the software which I previously installed will be removed. PLEASE GUY I NEED HELP ON THIS.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by netotse(m): 3:48pm On Dec 18, 2008
@previous poster,
are u sure u dont hv a deep freeze installed on your system?as in one of the softwares that monitor changes to the computer and undoes them on the next restart(well something like that)
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Falciparum(m): 7:12pm On Dec 29, 2008
Cool free info i am really feeling you guys, I just have a lil bitty question, What size does Vista take when you install it on your hard drive, i have got two new laptop and i count account for a lot of space close to 30Gig
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by ExInferis(m): 11:10am On Dec 30, 2008
depending on your vista version, between 9 and 10 gigs.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by olaremint(m): 2:04am On Jan 02, 2009
pls help guys, anytime i open internet explorer, it freezes after a while and says not responding.i have to close it before i can start browsing all over again
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Nobody: 6:02am On Jan 02, 2009
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by 5p1naz(m): 4:54am On Jan 04, 2009
nairalanders guru pls help me, i dunno wa i did to my pc but all i know is that i restarted it and since then all my fonts became larger, my laptop looks old school naw, its likek 5times the former size, i mean the screen display, pls ow do i reduce this back to its old state? i use lg, vista
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by 5p1naz(m): 5:10am On Jan 04, 2009
and secondly i tried backing up files on a friends hp laptop but during the backup process i recieved the message, backup not completed because the HP_RECOVERY (Dsmiley is full 99% , i dont wanna mess up anymore cos i've been messing up lately with my laptop , pls wat files can i delete from the hp-recovery to create room for more space?
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by netotse(m): 12:18am On Jan 05, 2009
y are u backing up yo u're recovery partition?y dont u buy a dvd or someting?
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by niyiadewoy(m): 8:17am On Jan 05, 2009
Big rovar,
Can you candidly tell me the if there is a free internet connection as claimed by some guys?Thanks
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Smily202(m): 4:22pm On Jan 05, 2009
Pls help my window xp was unable to install antivirus pls i need ur help.Am on my knees.Pls
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 05, 2009
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry crysob

i've got the dreaded black screen of frustration. . .i'll have to reinstall - what an effing way to begin my first day back at the office! angry angry angry angry angry

the blacjscreen - vista boots up fine, but the screen remains blank. you can see the mouse pointer, but that about it. system restore, startup repair, etal do not work.

seems its an nvidia issue. i booted into xp and searchrd for corrupt drivers; found none. maaaan. . .

was planning onn a possible reinstall when i recieve my newly ordered 500gb 5400 rpm - (can't find a 7200 rpm) HDD, but it looks like i'll have to do it now. sad

enter 48 hours of reinstalling and retweaking undecided
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by adewasco2k(m): 3:19pm On Jan 07, 2009
please guyz help me out
i am using a system with winvista preinstalled
but becoz of the compactability problems of vista with
some softwares i wanted to partition my hard disk so that i will have doble operating
system on my pc but after partitioning my hard disk
and installing xp sp2 on the partitioned part it was succesful but the problem now is that i
cant boot my system with the preinstalled vista
please help me
i even tried deleting the partion but my syytem will not just boot except with xp
and i dont have a geniue vista to install back
please i will be so greatful if you guyz can tell me what to do.
thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Browse Free On Pc Using Airtel / Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. / Five-year-old Passes Microsoft Exam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.