Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,463 members, 7,801,154 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

Post Your Vista Problems Here - Computers (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Vista Problems Here (23058 Views)

BBM For PC Download, Blackberry Messenger For Windows7/8/vista Computer / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by collin4fx: 6:55pm On Jan 07, 2009
If you get this message, then you are very lucky to be among those saving and accumulating cash for themselves in 2009. Money you would also use to have a wonderful time this festive season, is being wasted away in the hands of greedy cyber café owners and internet service providers that charge you a fortune just to browse the internet. Come to think of it, if you are a regular cyber café visitor like I was, spending a minimum of two hours daily for seven days, then I would advice you to sit down, take a pen, and make a simple calculation of your monthly expenses in the café, surely you will be alarmed at the result. Same with you who is using the private or home internet connection because we are all victims of the same exploit. But that ends today! because a new revolution has come to stay in Nigeria "TOTAL FREE BROWSING". It's a pity many people still don't believe that free browsing exist in Nigeria, but I can tell you that this message you are reading is sent to you using my laptop, configured with the free browsing softwares and settings. No regrets for the money spent in cafes and with home service providers because you won't be spending a dime anymore to browse the internet. Presently I have configured over 20 laptops and phones to browse for free and the beneficiaries still see me on the road and shower big smiles of "thank you" on me. To be among the big smilers, call today to order for a package of the connection settings to configure your laptop or desktop to use the free browsing for life. Order before Jan. 10th and get the configuration settings to browse free with your phone free of charge.

OTHER PACKAGES THAT WILL RAKE IN MEGGA BUCKS OF CASH FOR YOU IN 2009

Get a package on:
1. A step-by-step guide on how to create and verify a paypal account from Nigeria,
2. A step-by-step guide on how to create a blog and make nothing less than N20,000 weekly from it with google adsense and affiliate marketing,
3. A guide on how to build a solar power generator and sell to make continous stream of cash
4. A manual on 20 businesses you can do with you mobile phone,
5. A manual on how to print gsm recharge cards from your home on all networks and sell in whole sale. You can start this with as little as N20,000.

collins
NB: resale rights included (sell my package and make mega bucks for yourself)
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by adewasco2k(m): 10:19am On Jan 08, 2009
please guys help me out
i am using a system with winvista preinstalled
but becoz of the compactability problems of vista with
some softwares i wanted to partition my hard disk so that i will have doble operating
system on my pc but after partitioning my hard disk
and installing xp sp2 on the partitioned part it was succesful but the problem now is that i
can't boot my system with the preinstalled vista
please help me
i even tried deleting the partion but my syytem will not just boot except with xp
and i don't have a geniue vista to install back
please i will be so greatful if you guys can tell me what to do.
thanks
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jan 08, 2009
if you want to reinstall -

get a vista cd from pc village. install ensiuring that you use the version that came with your system - eg if home premium, you must install home premium. after you finish installing, activate with the key , which will be under your laptop. ie the activation code is on the windows sticker under your laptop. that ought to work.

you can also try the info on these links:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289022
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314081

based on these, you may be able to resolve the issue if you edit your boot.ini file. If you re going to do this , MAKE SURE AN EXPERT DOES IT.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by cpain: 2:40pm On Jan 08, 2009
adewasco2k:

please guys help me out
i am using a system with winvista preinstalled
but becoz of the compactability problems of vista with
some softwares i wanted to partition my hard disk so that i will have doble operating
system on my pc but after partitioning my hard disk
and installing xp sp2 on the partitioned part it was succesful but the problem now is that i
can't boot my system with the preinstalled vista
please help me
i even tried deleting the partion but my syytem will not just boot except with xp
and i don't have a geniue vista to install back
please i will be so greatful if you guys can tell me what to do.
thanks

-download VISTA BOOT PRO 3.0 (google it) but u need to install microsoft .NET 2.0 framework first (again google it)
-open vistaboot pro and click the system bootloader tab.
-check/mark the windows vista bootloader and the all drives radio button and click on the install bootloader button
-at this point windows vista bootloader is installed and you will only be able to boot into vista.
-still on vistaboot pro,click the diagonistics menu tab and then choose run diagonistics from the menu
-this will scan ur computer and then automatically fill the XP version
-click on the "Manage OS Entries" tab and then click in the textbox for Rename OS Entry, and name it something useful like "Windows XP"
-if windows xp is not among the OS hilighted, click on the add new os entry enter "Windows XP" as the name choose windows legacy and the drive u installed the xp on
-Click the Apply Updates button and then reboot your computer… you should see your shiny new boot manager with both operating systems in the list
-If you get an error saying "unable to find ntldr" when trying to boot XP, you'll need to do the following:
-Find the hidden files ntldr and ntdetect.com in the root of your Vista drive and copy them to the root of
your xp drive
-If you can't find the files there, you can find them in the \i386\ folder on your XP install cd

thats it. i followed this step and i now have a dual boot laptop vista and xp runnig side by side
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jan 08, 2009
two problems

1)vista boot pro is no longer freeware
2)he cant boot into vista - vista boot pro is for tweaking boot settings from within vista, not xp( er. . i think)
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by adewasco2k(m): 3:34pm On Jan 08, 2009
thanks for the info
i think you should just advice me on how i am going to delete the partition of the vista so i will be using xp(though i have not goten the drivers for xp yet) compaq presario c555nr
i so much appreciate your effort
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by cpain: 4:44pm On Jan 08, 2009
oyb:

two problems

1)vista boot pro is no longer freeware
2)he can't boot into vista - vista boot pro is for tweaking boot settings from within vista, not xp( er. . i think)

1.GOOGLE vistaboot pro thier are many sites that still provide it as a freewaare. i downloaded mine about 2 weeks ago
2.WRONG all the steps i mentioned above that involves vista boot pro are done within xp enviroment. confirm b4 posting cool

adewasco2k:

thanks for the info
i think you should just advice me on how i am going to delete the partition of the vista so i will be using xp(though i have not goten the drivers for xp yet) compaq presario c555nr
i so much appreciate your effort
u can delete the vista partition by poping in an xp disc and select to format the drive vista is instaled in. but realy why wld u wanna do that? try and go through all the steps i posted above and u shld have vista and xp runing side by side
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by adewasco2k(m): 5:44pm On Jan 08, 2009
please can nyou give me the link to download the vistaboot pro free
i have tried to but not free. thanks
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by adewasco2k(m): 5:55pm On Jan 08, 2009
http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/downloads/2161500/vistaboot-pro
thanks that is the link to a free vistaboot pro
i have seen it .
thanks
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by olaremint(m): 5:10am On Jan 09, 2009
why would anyone want to format vista for xp, i almost did but thank God i was sceptical, now am enjoying VISTA even with starcomms dial up.xp is too dull, talk about HONDA98 MODEL TO HONDA2009.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by adewasco2k(m): 1:20pm On Jan 09, 2009
guys i think i should give the details of the proble.
(1) if i put on the system it will ask me to choose whick operating system i want to boot
the options which are (I) windows xp and (II) windows xp
mean while i have a partion for winxp and the other for win vista.
(2)if i choose the first option which is winxp my system will boot with xp
(3) if the choose the second option which is still win xp it will tell me a file (windowsroot>\system32\hal.dll) is missing or corupt.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by cpain: 2:40pm On Jan 09, 2009
adewasco2k:

guys i think i should give the details of the proble.
(1) if i put on the system it will ask me to choose whick operating system i want to boot
the options which are (I) windows xp and (II) windows xp
mean while i have a partion for winxp and the other for win vista.
(2)if i choose the first option which is winxp my system will boot with xp
(3) if the choose the second option which is still win xp it will tell me a file (windowsroot>\system32\hal.dll) is missing or corupt.

hmmm, the first and the second are both xps?seems to me u have formated ur visata already by installing xp on the same drive vista was on.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by cpain: 2:44pm On Jan 09, 2009
meant vista grin
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by adewasco2k(m): 4:04pm On Jan 09, 2009
ok! i think thhat what i have done
but what suprises me most was that all the vista files are still in the other partition for vista. although thanks. i think i will just try and get the cd for my vista ie vista home basic and use the key under my system.
thanks i so much appreciate your help.

Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by tosinot1(m): 6:54pm On Jan 09, 2009
i,m using HP pavillion dv5t with vista, but i'm unable to load nero software on it.i wanted to change it to window XP but it is not loading. plz can i do because i cant do without nero
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by hancock(m): 9:50am On Jan 10, 2009
Goto nero website and see if they have any patch 4 ur version on vista. im sure d latest nero shld be able to run on vista without qualms. When u power on ur system quickly press d trigger keys that will take u to BIOS settings. Go through the settings and change d SATA drive settings usualy from AHCI mode to IDE mode or from ENABLE to DISABLE. press f10 to change settings and exit. U shld be able to load xp now.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by adewasco2k(m): 6:59pm On Jan 13, 2009
thanks guys for all the help
my system is runing on xp now and i so uch love it
though i am missing vista alot but i think i am kool with xp
i will return to vista when it get better version or a new OS.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by OliveB(f): 10:37am On Jan 14, 2009
Confident Lifestyle Network is organising, “Empowering the Naija Dream”
Own
BRAND NEW LAPTOP for N20,000
BRAND NEW KIA RIO CAR for N250,000
BRAND NEW HOME APPLIANCES for N100,000
See poster for details. Or www.clsn./
Call:
Olive: 07025411423, Victor: 08029879354

Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by blackspade(m): 2:56am On Jan 17, 2009
I'm having problems with an alert telling me "USB Device Not Recognized" when I have nothing plugged in. It pops up every fifteen seconds, with this VERY annoying noise!!!

Here is the thread dedicated to this, plus more detailed information on the problem. Please Help!!!

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-220206.0.html
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bisan(m): 7:39pm On Jan 17, 2009
pls i need serious help re installing my bluetooth driver after a serious crash and recovery. i hav the driver but need to activate the bluetooth on my system wich isnt there any more.the computer keeps telling me to press Fn+F2 on the computer to activate it.ive tried it but it isnt working.how do i go about it because the dell home site are not helpimg maters at all.i be really gratefulll if i could solve this problem.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by adapcee(m): 9:56pm On Jan 20, 2009
@all,is it possible to load xp on windows 98?Plz give reasons
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by adapcee(m): 10:04pm On Jan 20, 2009
And also,wat re the step in installing windows 98 on a system
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by ibrahim007: 5:12pm On Jan 22, 2009
Pls i keep having problems trying to install mssql server 2000 on my machine,its always sending a screen message "compatibility issues".I asked a friend he told it will never install,pls can anyone help with this problem b'cos i'm suppose to work on some project with it.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by dikoko(m): 12:42pm On Jan 27, 2009
pls am using vista(hp dv 9000) and it came with trial microsoft office.i had it unistalled so as to install another one but i have been unable to do that as it hangs anre does not install.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by semid4lyfe(m): 4:13pm On Jan 27, 2009
Please where can i get bluetooth peripheral device drivers for my hp pavilion dv6000 special edition running vista home premium.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by EJaja(m): 3:54pm On Jan 28, 2009
hello guy

my Dell XPS M1530 runs VISTA Home Premuin but i have coem to observe that any time i install some programes or add a new hardware the OS gets corrupt it would hang after booting or would display and error message saying a window file has been corrupt and wen u try to repair it neva works. i would like All the Vista Gurus to assist me on wat to do
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by chikend(m): 11:36pm On Jan 28, 2009
hey guys!!!, i cant seem 2 get my ARCHICAD 11 to work on my vista home basic, after installation
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by netotse(m): 6:15pm On Jan 29, 2009
hv u confirmed that the archicad is vista-compliant?

@semid4lyfe
go to comp village dont pay more than 1800(personally i wont pay more than 1500)

@adapcee
of course it is, open a new thread this is for vista

@all
if u hv problems installing programs try using a compatibility mode for a version of windows u're sure is stable
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by domwas2(m): 5:21pm On Jan 31, 2009
My vista is bleeped up not working with my N70 nokia pc suite
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Smily202(m): 11:22am On Feb 02, 2009
Pls ahsan virus,how can it be removed.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Phony200(m): 2:55am On Feb 04, 2009
I use vista home premium. Blue Screen keeps popping up every hour or so when i'm online. I use izap genie modem. Most prominent description of the error is IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_EQUAL TO. Something like that. I downloaded a memory optimizer and it didn't cause happen again till i try to hibernate. I'm thinking formatting it again. Did it once so i'm suspecting it as the source. What are your suggestions on getting this inconvenience over with. Btw, system config is 200gb/2gb/1.86ghz duo
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Nobody: 4:56pm On Feb 05, 2009
gurus i dey hail oo,i did a very terrible thing to my vista system n now i cant open some applications on my system.i cant remember where i entered.my system keep asking for administrator confirmations.even some of my word files wont open.even window media cant search my audio n video files.only time it runs smoothly is when i turn my user account control off n reboot.i do remember deleting something.pls hellllllllllllllllelp

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Browse Free On Pc Using Airtel / Five-year-old Passes Microsoft Exam / Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.