Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,441,876 members, 5,496,817 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 March 2020 at 04:45 PM

Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? (7134 Views)

Samuel Okonta And Blood Thirsty Rivers State Politicians. / How Effective Are Lagos Laws To Lagosians(photo) / Most Kidnappers In The South East Are Lagos Returnees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by jason123: 5:07pm On Jan 09, 2011
I hope you guys get me?
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by Afam4eva(m): 5:08pm On Jan 09, 2011
jason123:

I'm in uk and a scottish man cannnot be ELECTED as the prime minister of britian (BROWN was appointed not elected).

Edited: Pls, do not get me wrong. Anyone born in lagos is a Lagosian and can contest but he has to have the mentality of yorubas. That is, speak yoruba and act like them (most already do) before people would trust him. If not, there is no point in him contesting.

You're really a MUMU for making this statement. Where did you say you're from again?
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by jason123: 5:09pm On Jan 09, 2011
afam4eva:

You're really a MUMU for making this statement. Where did you say you're from again?

Okay, continue in your delusion . . . . . I am just telling you the absolute truth!
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by Missy85(f): 5:15pm On Jan 09, 2011
Jason, wow wow, how can you say a scot cant be elected UK Prime Minister?

Several scots have been elected prime minister in the past, and others will in the future.
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by Afam4eva(m): 5:17pm On Jan 09, 2011
Is scotland not in the UK? How can Scots agree to a pact whereby they can't be elected.
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by Missy85(f): 5:23pm On Jan 09, 2011
I think Jason got that wrong. There's some competition between English, Scots, & the Welsh, but it's no where near the level of unhealthy rivalry in nigeria. There has been a Prime Minister even from tiny Wales.

Afam, I agree that an Igbo can become a Governor in the future.
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jan 09, 2011
Missy85:

- what has religion got to do with good government in the south west?

- also, there's no evidence that christians are descriminated against within party structures in Lagos.  As majority of indegineous lagosians are moslems, it is to be expected that more of their politicians would be moslems.

-I'm sure a leading (Governor) christian politician will emerge in the long run, not on the basis that he's a christian, but on the ground that he's his party's best candidate.

There can be no 'zoning' on the basis of religion.

Great reply. Religion has never being a dividing factor in Yorubaland. It's quite common to find members of both religions within the same family. Therefore, discrimination based on religion is almost nonexistent.
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by fstranger1: 5:30pm On Jan 09, 2011
Missy85:

I think Jason got that wrong. There's some competition between English, Scots, & the Welsh, but it's no where near the level of unhealthy rivalry in nigeria. There has been a Prime Minister even from tiny Wales.

Igbo man governor of Lagos State?

Not in my lifetime!
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by Afam4eva(m): 5:31pm On Jan 09, 2011
fstranger1:

Not in my lifetime!

You're free to commit suicide. It's a free world.
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 09, 2011
Missy85:

This one is a little tricky. I'm not completely against it, but he/she must publicly renounce Biafra and not be closet member of MASSOB.
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by fstranger1: 5:37pm On Jan 09, 2011
afam4eva:

But why are you so obsessed with Lagos?

Yorubas dont give a shyyt about any state in the SE

For all we care, you all can go phucck each other

First they said, Igbos make up 85% of Lagos, then they say they make up 50% of Ibadan and now you want to be Governor of Lagos.Next, it would be Ibos wanting to be Governors in Ibadan and Ogun state, WTF? Lil wonder, no one likes you guys!

What is it with Igbos and their obsession with SW? Seriously I am curious?

Same with education, you all leave your wretched glorofied HS in SE and rush over to the SW? WTF?

Same with Igbos wanting to marry Yoruba girls?

Cant you all phuccking mind your business?
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by jason123: 5:40pm On Jan 09, 2011
Missy85:

Give me an example of AN ELECTED SCOTTISH PRIME MINISTER IN UK? I can not remember anyone in recent history from thatcher* to john major etc. Pls, I am waiting for your reply. The english would not allow anyone to rule them apart from an english man.

fstranger1:

Not in my lifetime!

Calm down!

afam4eva:

grin grin grin grin
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by jason123: 5:41pm On Jan 09, 2011
Aigbofa:

This one is a little tricky. I'm not completely against it, but he/she must publicly renounce Biafra and not be closet member of MASSOB.

Exactly, but he must also understand the yoruba culture. if not, he would not be able to relate with the indigenes and would lead to insecurity and even killings.
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by presido1: 5:42pm On Jan 09, 2011
jason123:

I'm in uk and a scottish man cannnot be ELECTED as the prime minister of britian (BROWN was appointed not elected).
Why is this guy always talking trash? and you say you are in UK. Who is Ramsey MacDonald and where did he come from. What of Tony Blair?
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by Missy85(f): 5:42pm On Jan 09, 2011
it can happen in our lifetime, prob with an Igbo with Yoruba & Igbo parents. Never say never.

Publicly renounce Biafra? Massob?? I think thats unfair and unnecessary.

If someone is born in Lagos, lives all his life here, prob speaks Yoruba fluently, what has he got to do with Biafra?

Whats important is that he convinces people that he's best for the job of Governor. A preconditional public humiliation by way of renounciation of an extant cause is unnecessary.
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by fstranger1: 5:45pm On Jan 09, 2011
The problem is that for every qualified Ibo man there is 100 qualified Yoruba, so why would you want to see your birth right to a disgruntled and resentful foreigner.

It is a case of ageku ejo, it will come back to hunt us.

I'd rather have an Hausa man become the governor that have an Ibo man.
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by Afam4eva(m): 5:47pm On Jan 09, 2011
fstranger1:

Yorubas dont give a  shyyt about any state in the SE

How can you give a shyyt about a state you did not help build.

fstranger1:

First they said, Igbos make up 85% of Lagos, then they say they make up 50% of Ibadan and now you want to be Governor of Lagos.Next, it would be Ibos wanting to be Governors in Ibadan and Ogun state, WTF? Lil wonder, no one likes you guys!

We can be governor of any state in Nigeria that we deem fit if the people vote for us.

fstranger1:

Same with education, you all leave your wretched glorofied HS in SE and rush over to the SW? WTF?

We rush to Lagos where our money is not the whole south-west.

fstranger1:

Same with Igbos wanting to marry Yoruba girls?

Abi is yoruba guys marrying Igbo girls.

fstranger1:

Cant you all phuccking mind your business?

We have businesses in Lagos.
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by jason123: 5:47pm On Jan 09, 2011
presido1:

Why is this guy always talking trash? and you say you are in UK. Who is Ramsey MacDonald and where did he come from. What of Tony Blair?

Abi, you dey craze?

Tony blair is English and has english parents!!!He was born in scotland!!! ode!!!

ramsey macdonald is not in recent history, is he

were!!! angry
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jan 09, 2011
Missy85:

it can happen in our lifetime, prob with an Igbo with Yoruba & Igbo parents. Never say never.

Publicly renounce Biafra? Massob?? I think thats unfair and unnecessary.

If someone is born in Lagos, lives all his life here, prob speaks Yoruba fluently, what has he got to do with Biafra?

Whats important is that he convinces people that he's best for the job of Governor. Additional public humiliqtion is unnecessay.

Great question. I've been told several times on this forum that every ibo man, woman or child is a Biafran. I take them at their word.

And I don't believe a NeoBiafran or a member of MASSOB can serve the interests of the people of Lagos state.
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by apoti(m): 5:51pm On Jan 09, 2011
I don't understand why people are trying to raise rel undecidedigious issues in SW politics these days
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by jason123: 5:53pm On Jan 09, 2011
apoti:

I don't understand why people are trying to raise rel undecidedigious issues in SW politics these days

Thank you. Tell that to the elements of disunity and religious bigots.
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by aljharem11(m): 5:54pm On Jan 09, 2011
afam4eva:

How can you give a shyyt about a state you did not help build.

We can be governor of any state in Nigeria that we deem fit if the people vote for us.

We rush to Lagos where our money is not the whole south-west.

Abi is yoruba guys marrying Igbo girls.

We have businesses in Lagos.

sorry afam were you not the one that was angry at SE governor aspirant joining ACN undecided
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by Afam4eva(m): 5:54pm On Jan 09, 2011
Aigbofa:

Great question. I've been told several times on this forum that every ibo man, woman or child is a Biafran. I take them at their word.

Not every Igbo person wants Biafra. Infact a very large amount of Igbos don't subscribe to the Biafra idea. They just want to live their life. I personally don't support biafra ven though i don't think it's a bad idea. But you can't fault those Biafra fanatics cos they have a reason for doing what they are doing.
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by Afam4eva(m): 5:55pm On Jan 09, 2011
alj harem1:

sorry afam were you not the one that was angry at SE governor aspirant joining ACN undecided

No i was not the one.
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by presido1: 5:56pm On Jan 09, 2011
jason123:

Abi, you dey craze?

Tony blair is English and has english parents!!!He was born in scotland!!! ode!!!

ramsey macdonald is not in recent history, is he

were!!! angry
Is like you think from your anus. You just called an ibo man born in lagos a lagosian but somebody born in scotland is not a scot. From your anology  James Callaghan is an Irish cus his father is Irish but he was born in England. If he is Irish he wouldn't have been a British PM. You claim to leave in UK but you don't know that they are from where they were born.
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by Missy85(f): 6:00pm On Jan 09, 2011
the Igbo situation in nigeria is a complex revolving cycle, and i think the Igbos can do a lot more to win friends.

their pride (justifiable) in recovering so well from the war has been allowed in part to turn into unwholesome arrogance & chest beating using many trumped up statistics to tell everyone else how superhuman they are.

A little dose of humility, stopping the constant blame-game will help reassure other nigerians. But Then again, these other nigerians have to extend a genuine hand of friendship devoid of suspicion.
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by jason123: 6:00pm On Jan 09, 2011
The truth is, there is nothing wrong with an igbo man becoming the governor of lagos state. If he can do the job, then why not The only problem comes when igbos in lagos start to rile their yoruba counterparts. Moreover, any sensible igbo man would have to agrre that the igbo governor to-be has to understand the yoruba or SW culture. if not, then its a receipe for disaster
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by aljharem11(m): 6:00pm On Jan 09, 2011
afam4eva:

Not every Igbo person wants Biafra. Infact a very large amount of Igbos don't subscribe to the Biafra idea. They just wan
t to live their life. I personally don't support biafra ven though i don't think it's a bad idea. But you can't fault those Biafra fanatics cos they have a reason for doing what they are doing.

but afam, if u do not support biafra, how can u not think it is a bad idea undecided

what do you think lagos is, a state of mostly yoruba cover by at least 2 yoruba states in all direction apart from the south,

i believe an igbo can be governor of lagos state only if he is loved bu the yoruba indegence, if not even tinubu can not put him there because it would be ungovernable for him undecided form opc to awori boys, to mainland, to isale, eko, obalende, etc sululera

etc  undecided  unless the igbos guy is yorubazied as jason suggested and he is loved by not only lagosains but by yorubas undecided
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by aljharem11(m): 6:02pm On Jan 09, 2011
presido1:

Is like you think from your anus. You just called an ibo man born in lagos a lagosian but somebody born in scotland is not a scot. From your anology  James Callaghan is an Irish cus his father is Irish but he was born in England. If he is Irish he wouldn't have been a British PM. You claim to leave in UK but you don't know that they are from where they were born.

presido1, sorry can you and jason stop discussing on uk but nigeria and lagos

thank you smiley

jason, admit u are wrong undecided
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by jason123: 6:05pm On Jan 09, 2011
presido1:

No, you think through your anus! Do these people not understand the English culture? Can you jsut bring and irish or scotish man into mainstream uk politics and expect him to be elected? Why was Gordon not re-elected ( although, it partially due to his policies and and coalition government formed)?
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by jason123: 6:05pm On Jan 09, 2011
alj harem1:

presido1, sorry can you and jason stop discussing on uk but nigeria and lagos

thank you smiley

jason, admit u are wrong undecided

Why? When I am not wrong.
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by aljharem11(m): 6:06pm On Jan 09, 2011
Missy85:

the Igbo situation in nigeria is a complex revolving cycle, and i think the Igbos can do a lot more to win friends.

their pride (justifiable) in recovering so well from the war has been allowed in part to turn into unwholesome arrogance & chest beating using many trumped up statistics to tell everyone else how superhuman they are.

A little dose of humility, stopping the constant blame-game will help reassure other nigerians. But Then again, these other nigerians have to extend a genuine hand of friendship devoid of suspicion.

that is very true but when that is done, you get what you see now,,, ""we igbo own 90% of abuja,, we igbo own lagos etc"

until we igbos lay down our pride and learn and trust others, then there is no way out of this

until we stop spiting others that are indigenous to that place we call our home, then sorry undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

10 Political Dictators Who Shamelessly Looted Their Countries / EXPOSED: Zahra Buhari's Expensive Lifestyle [photos] / Photos: One Of The Most Curious Building In Japan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.