Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

I Need To Make A Major Decision In My Life. Please I Need Advice. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need To Make A Major Decision In My Life. Please I Need Advice. (1621 Views)

I Have Made The Biggest Mistake If My Life, Please Save A Depressed Soul / My Wife Is A Cheat. I Need Advice / I Am So Ashamed Of My Life Please Help Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need To Make A Major Decision In My Life. Please I Need Advice. by Oluwanifemiii: 5:19pm On Apr 28, 2020
I am into Graphics design and Digital marketing and I make an average of 100 to 200k from home monthly. So I decided it's time to start my life and get my own place which is where am confused. The first option is to move to ibadan and get a very quiet place which I have seen 1 apartment that I like for 260k total package and the major advantage there is that is a service apartment with 247 light which is the major thing I need for my career if am to focus on my working online from home. The other option is to move to Lagos to have a better opportunity of exploiting the offline part of my work and probably getting a job in my field. Now the major disadvantage of moving to ibadan is that what if work stop coming as usual there won't be anything to fall on unlike if I was in lagos that there are several offline jobs for me. The disadvantage of Lagos is that it's too crowded and one might loose focus and even if I get a job it might not be more than 100k out of which I will pay tfare. I don't know whether I should move to ibadan and focus on my online services and try to make my millions. Please advise is needed.

Please Lalasticlala help me move to frontpage please.

1 Like

Re: I Need To Make A Major Decision In My Life. Please I Need Advice. by Donald3d(m): 5:28pm On Apr 28, 2020
Hmmm.
Compiling my advice
I have been in your shoes, so this should work.

I would base my advice primarily on fact that you want a quiet place, also on the fact that you want somewhere you can easily start offline jobs from in case your online hustle fails.
You need somewhere that is close enough to lagos, yet peaceful, and also has considerably good power supply.

Sango Ota is a perfect option.

You get a relatively quiet and peaceful environment
There are some areas that have 24/7 electricity
30-45 minutes you are in Lagos Mainland
Accommodation is also relatively affordable here

With the 260k you quoted, you can get a 2 or in some cases 3 bedroom flat....I assume you are a bachelor, I don't think you need a 3 bedroom flat .....So with 200k, in some cases 150k sef you would gate a 2 bedroom flat....total package

Its a perfect balance of everything you want....Peaceful area, Electricity, Affordable accommodation, Considerably close proximity to Lagos mainland.

EDIT :
Sango is also relatively uncrowded, especially Ijoko and Winners area
You don't need a serviced apartment bro, its a waste of money in the long run..
Squeeze out money and get yourself an inverter, batteries and a solar panel....

12 Likes

Re: I Need To Make A Major Decision In My Life. Please I Need Advice. by Oluwanifemiii: 5:29pm On Apr 28, 2020
Donald3d:
Hmmm.
Compiling my advice
Am listening
Re: I Need To Make A Major Decision In My Life. Please I Need Advice. by Nobody: 5:29pm On Apr 28, 2020
The only thing I am interested in is your money.

U will choose one out of two options.

Tell me how to make money

Or

Lemme think abt option 2
Re: I Need To Make A Major Decision In My Life. Please I Need Advice. by waleyp(m): 5:38pm On Apr 28, 2020
You Didnt Tell Us Where You Are Right Now, IBaDan Is CoOL And Power Here Is Good .Since You Say You Making Your Money From Home Why Not Try IBaDan For A Year To See What It Will Bring On Your Table. CoVID 19 Is Still Out There So To Get OffliNe Jobs Might Take Time, IBaDan To LaG Is MaX 1HR Drive . IM Just Saying Sha

2 Likes

Re: I Need To Make A Major Decision In My Life. Please I Need Advice. by Samakus(m): 5:39pm On Apr 28, 2020
I always advice youths to be domiciled in a location where it is easier to network no matter the competition there.

If I'm in your shoes, I will stay in Lagos. What if work stops coming just as you said. With your experience in digital marketing, you can even meet people (offline) that can help increase your knowledge base and of course, your affiliate earnings.

On the other hand, I really want learn digital marketing and graphics design. Can you teach me? Probably, free of charge as I advised you free of charge. Can you scratch my back as I yours?

My WhatsApp number is on my signature. And please, do click on that link on my signature and register too

Ciao
Re: I Need To Make A Major Decision In My Life. Please I Need Advice. by Oluwanifemiii: 5:55pm On Apr 28, 2020
waleyp:
You Didnt Tell Us Where You Are Right Now, IBaDan Is CoOL And Power Here Is Good .Since You Say You Making Your Money From Home Why Not Try IBaDan For A Year To See What It Will Bring On Your Table. CoVID 19 Is Still Out There So To Get OffliNe Jobs Might Take Time, IBaDan To LaG Is MaX 1HR Drive . IM Just Saying Sha
This makes alot of sense.
Re: I Need To Make A Major Decision In My Life. Please I Need Advice. by Oluwanifemiii: 6:30pm On Apr 28, 2020
Samakus:
I always advice youths to be domiciled in a location where it is easier to network no matter the competition there.

If I'm in your shoes, I will stay in Lagos. What if work stops coming just as you said. With your experience in digital marketing, you can even meet people (offline) that can help increase your knowledge base and of course, your affiliate earnings.

On the other hand, I really want learn digital marketing and graphics design. Can you teach me? Probably, free of charge as I advised you free of charge. Can you scratch my back as I yours?

My WhatsApp number is on my signature. And please, do click on that link on my signature and register too

Ciao
It's okay
Re: I Need To Make A Major Decision In My Life. Please I Need Advice. by Donald3d(m): 6:45pm On Apr 28, 2020
Oluwanifemiii:

Am listening
I have updated my reply
Re: I Need To Make A Major Decision In My Life. Please I Need Advice. by waleyp(m): 6:52pm On Apr 28, 2020
Na so na, you already found a place, life in lagos won't be back to normal till like September witu the number of covid 19 cases out there, it's time you work on your existing customers and marketing yourself to get new customers with new cheaper packages for now. Try that scope for now. If it doesn't help then you can move to lag.
Oluwanifemiii:

This makes alot of sense.

1 Like

Re: I Need To Make A Major Decision In My Life. Please I Need Advice. by Oluwanifemiii: 6:56pm On Apr 28, 2020
Donald3d:
Hmmm.
Compiling my advice

I would base my advice primarily on fact that you want a quiet place, also on the fact that you want somewhere you can easily start offline jobs from in case your online hustle fails.
You need somewhere that is close enough to lagos, yet peaceful, and also has considerably good power supply.

You get a relatively quite and peaceful environment

With the 260k you quoted, you can get a 2 or in some cases 3 bedroom flat....I assume you are a bachelor, I don't think you need a 3 bedroom flat .....So with 200k, in some cases 150k sef you would gate a 2 bedroom flat....total package

Its a perfect balance of everything you want....Peaceful area, Electricity, Affordable accomodation, Considerably close proximity to Lagos mainland.

EDIT :
Bros you just throw me inside dilemma now. You really made a lot of sense I swear

2 Likes

Re: I Need To Make A Major Decision In My Life. Please I Need Advice. by Oluwanifemiii: 7:01pm On Apr 28, 2020
Donald3d:
Hmmm.
Compiling my advice

You get a relatively quite and peaceful environment

Its a perfect balance of everything you want....Peaceful area, Electricity, Affordable accomodation, Considerably close proximity to Lagos mainland.

EDIT :
At my age and level renting a 260k apartment is like biting more than I can chew. That's another angle Even though I have the money but it's too much
Re: I Need To Make A Major Decision In My Life. Please I Need Advice. by Donald3d(m): 7:18pm On Apr 28, 2020
Oluwanifemiii:

At my age and level renting a 260k apartment is like biting more than I can chew. That's another angle Even though I have the money but it's too much
Since its just you and you want to reduce cost of renting an apartment .
Let me know the total budget you are willing to spend to make sure you have everything to work with including electricity, I would give you a free plan based on your budget here and now, to make sure you don't have issues.
So what's the maximum you want to spend to make sure you have everything you need ?
Re: I Need To Make A Major Decision In My Life. Please I Need Advice. by fredopareto(m): 7:28pm On Apr 28, 2020
Brotherly nothing last for long..and life itself is uncertainty BT my advice is, d money u re making is enough to start anoda business instead of hoping to work in an organization where u can b sack at any fucking time..
Re: I Need To Make A Major Decision In My Life. Please I Need Advice. by Oluwanifemiii: 7:34pm On Apr 28, 2020
fredopareto:
Brotherly nothing last for long..and life itself is uncertainty BT my advice is, d money u re making is enough to start anoda business instead of hoping to work in an organization where u can b sack at any fucking time..
This makes a lot of sense. Entrepreneurship na the way
Re: I Need To Make A Major Decision In My Life. Please I Need Advice. by Oluwanifemiii: 7:38pm On Apr 28, 2020
Donald3d:

Since its just you and you want to reduce cost of renting an apartment .
Let me know the total budget you are willing to spend to make sure you have everything to work with including electricity, I would give you a free plan based on your budget here and now, to make sure you don't have issues.
So what's the maximum you want to spend to make sure you have everything you need ?
150k for rent
Re: I Need To Make A Major Decision In My Life. Please I Need Advice. by Donald3d(m): 8:38pm On Apr 28, 2020
Oluwanifemiii:

150k for rent

150k would get you a very good room and parlor self contain

For the remaining 110k since you originally wanted to spend 260k

Buy the following for power :

1kva inverter: Any good brand max 39-50k...Some like Famicare,BTS,foresolar,ipowerPLus costs 30-35k (the solar option, has input to charge from solar and NEPA)
100ah Battery : Max 40k, some brands are as cheap as 35k
Solar panel (150 Watts): 20-25k...you don't need a charge controller since the inverter already has an inbuilt charge controller.

35+40+25k (100k)

This would give you at least 18-24hrs uninterrupted power supply, depending on how you use it

So your rent 150k, power 100k, say bye bye to generator, except you need to power appliances that need more than 1kva ....

With this arrangement, you can work 24/7 uninterrupted, since the primary thing you need is your laptop. It can also power your TV, depending on the type, make sure you install energy saving bulbs.

6 Likes

Re: I Need To Make A Major Decision In My Life. Please I Need Advice. by mrsage(m): 9:51pm On Apr 28, 2020
Donald3d:

1kva inverter: Any good brand max 39-50k...Some like Famicare,BTS,foresolar,ipowerPLus costs 30-35k (the solar option, has input to charge from solar and NEPA)
Solar panel (150 Watts): 20-25k...you don't need a charge controller since the inverter already has an inbuilt charge controller.

35+40+25k (100k)

This would give you at least 18-24hrs uninterrupted power supply, depending on how you use it

So your rent 150k, power 100k, say bye bye to generator, except you need to power appliances that need more than 1kva ....

With this arrangement, you can work 24/7 uninterrupted, since the primary thing you need is your laptop. It can also power your TV, depending on the type, make sure you install energy saving bulbs.

How about installation?
Re: I Need To Make A Major Decision In My Life. Please I Need Advice. by Donald3d(m): 10:08pm On Apr 28, 2020
mrsage:

How about installation?

Pardon me, I am a DIY person, so I usually do all my installations myself...I didn't factor that in...I really don't know how much the electrician would charge, he can negotiate that with the installer....Its quite easy actually.

3 Likes

Re: I Need To Make A Major Decision In My Life. Please I Need Advice. by Mizsuccess2018(f): 10:24pm On Apr 28, 2020
Sir, what I will like to tell you about ibadan, you will get to focus more on working online, ibadan is peaceful , calm and cheap to stay in.. even t.fare and all is fair enough. And with the little money you can start a small scale business, things are getting more expensive, trust me by the end of covid19, you will see another view of Lagos..like my friend said here, you can try ibadan for a year. #jus saying
Re: I Need To Make A Major Decision In My Life. Please I Need Advice. by frozen70(f): 12:41am On Apr 29, 2020
Oluwanifemiii:
I am into Graphics design and Digital marketing and I make an average of 100 to 200k from home monthly. So I decided it's time to start my life and get my own place which is where am confused. The first option is to move to ibadan and get a very quiet place which I have seen 1 apartment that I like for 260k total package and the major advantage there is that is a service apartment with 247 light which is the major thing I need for my career if am to focus on my working online from home. The other option is to move to Lagos to have a better opportunity of exploiting the offline part of my work and probably getting a job in my field. Now the major disadvantage of moving to ibadan is that what if work stop coming as usual there won't be anything to fall on unlike if I was in lagos that there are several offline jobs for me. The disadvantage of Lagos is that it's too crowded and one might loose focus and even if I get a job it might not be more than 100k out of which I will pay tfare. I don't know whether I should move to ibadan and focus on my online services and try to make my millions. Please advise is needed.

If you think you have a very good reason to be in Ibadan, then go ahead

But Lagos remains a better option

You can rent a self contain and get a generator

Wherever you want to stay is where you will set up your family

Think about that

1 Like

Re: I Need To Make A Major Decision In My Life. Please I Need Advice. by Oluwanifemiii: 10:17am On Apr 29, 2020
Donald3d:

35+40+25k (100k)

Bro do you know of any good area close to Lagos where I can get a selfcon in that sango ota
Re: I Need To Make A Major Decision In My Life. Please I Need Advice. by Donald3d(m): 11:18am On Apr 29, 2020
Oluwanifemiii:

Bro do you know of any good area close to Lagos where I can get a selfcon in that sango ota
There are many places you can get one in the area.
Any good agent can get one for you, but insist on an area with good electricity.
Please be careful so you don't scammed .
You mean selfcon as in one room, kitchen and bathroom ...You can get a good one between 100k-120k...some are as cheap as 80k total package(its all about your taste)
If you want room and palour self con...Funny enough some go as cheap as 120k-200k total package depending on the quality.
Re: I Need To Make A Major Decision In My Life. Please I Need Advice. by Oluwanifemiii: 11:20am On Apr 29, 2020
Donald3d:

There are many places you can get one in the area.
Any good agent can get one for you, but insist on an area with good electricity.
Please be careful so you don't scammed .
You mean selfcon as in one room, kitchen and bathroom ...You can get a good one between 100k-120k...some are as cheap as 80k total package(its all about your taste)
If you want room and palour self con...Funny enough some go as cheap as 120k-200k total package depending on the quality.
Thanks alot I really appreciate. Do you stay around the side?
Re: I Need To Make A Major Decision In My Life. Please I Need Advice. by Richy4(m): 11:32am On Apr 29, 2020
Don't mind me but I'm just wondering what a starter needed 260k apartment for?

Why not mould the fufu/amala based on the size of your throat ?.. Saving is important to every millionaire not to talk of a "starter ".. u can't just hand your life saving to landlords because u wanted comfort..

Don't u think it's wiser to start by sharing a flat, as things progresses, then u can get your own accommodation..
Re: I Need To Make A Major Decision In My Life. Please I Need Advice. by Donald3d(m): 11:37am On Apr 29, 2020
Oluwanifemiii:

Thanks alot I really appreciate. Do you stay around the side?
Yes I do
Re: I Need To Make A Major Decision In My Life. Please I Need Advice. by Oluwanifemiii: 11:38am On Apr 29, 2020
Donald3d:

Yes I do
Do you have any agent number?
Re: I Need To Make A Major Decision In My Life. Please I Need Advice. by PuZZyNegro: 11:58am On Apr 29, 2020
Richy4:
Don't mind me but I'm just wondering what a starter needed 260k apartment for?

Why not mould the fufu/amala based on the size of your throat ?.. Saving is important to every millionaire not to talk of a "starter ".. u can't just hand your life saving to landlords because u wanted comfort..

Don't u think it's wiser to start by sharing a flat, as things progresses, then u can get your own accommodation..

This advice is scary. Sharing apartment is the least thing that he would want to do as a freelancer. He needs his quite time and privacy.

Op, do not take any step that will distract you the more.

I am a freelancer offering same service as you. After my Nysc camping, I was staying with my sister and her family in a 3 bedroom apartment.

I decided to rent my own apartment simply because it will help me stay focused and be more responsible since I will be paying my bills.

I rented an apartment with total package of 420k and I don't regret it one bit. I only doubled my hustle.

My advice: don't ever bother coming to Lagos to rent an apartment with just 260k, you will be frustrated. That cannot get you a decent one room self-contain in the good areas of Lagos mainland.

Regarding the connection and getting offline job in Lagos, that's another hoax bro. If you think there are jobs in Lagos, think again.

Aside from the rent, Nepa Bill here is another person monthly rent in ibadan. In fact, it hurt me that I live and waste resources in Lagos when my income doesn't depend or come from Lagos.

If I were to remain in Benin and be earning as much as I earn now, who knows I would be on my way to becoming a landlord.

Lagos girls are fucking expensive too. I don't know if you're a Bleep buddy. So, keep 20% of your monthly income for fun.

Traffic, noise, pollution, etc.

I will advise you rent the house in ibadan. You will be glad you did. Don't even bother looking for a place with close proximity to Lagos. You don't need it.

I have written from experience.
Re: I Need To Make A Major Decision In My Life. Please I Need Advice. by Nobody: 12:34pm On Apr 29, 2020
Oluwanifemiii:

Are there no service apartment in lagos?
Re: I Need To Make A Major Decision In My Life. Please I Need Advice. by Oluwanifemiii: 12:35pm On Apr 29, 2020
Squillaci:

Are there no service apartment in lagos?
They are more expensive
Re: I Need To Make A Major Decision In My Life. Please I Need Advice. by 2cul2care: 2:25pm On Apr 29, 2020
Am also into graphics and digital marketing and I also reside in Lagos, my advice, stick with the job that gives you enough time for yourself, in your free time you can learn new skills and add them to your arsenal, this line of work is very competitive and requires you keep improving your skill set if you want to remain relevant, the only way to successfully achieve that is working on your own terms, working fulltime, makes it much harder, especially in Lagos with the crazy traffic.
Re: I Need To Make A Major Decision In My Life. Please I Need Advice. by Donald3d(m): 2:42pm On Apr 29, 2020
Oluwanifemiii:

Do you have any agent number?
I do actually, he is trusted at least with my two dealings with him..
But I don't like recommending agents, in case wahala burst....

As I said, I have had two dealings with him, which were successful.

But with my dealings with him, he can be trusted.

If you insist on his number I can give, but please ooo, its still at your own risk ..I no want wahala. I think he recently registered on Nairaland sef

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can I Stay Away From My Mum In A Way That It Will Not Hurt Her. / Any Suggestion Of A Good School For My 6yr Old Son In Ibadan. / Same Woman Before/after Childbirth:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.